PDA

View Full Version : The Cutest ones are always Lonely. (Hunk-open)

Izumi Chieko
Aug 16th, 2002, 01:42:07 PM
She sat at a booth, in this bar, quite alone, and quite bored. She sipped her drink, a mudslide, as she watched as young couples came and went, laughing and giggling, Young Love. This woman had felt that feeling once, the feeling of being needed and of needing someone, but that was the past. She took another sip of her drink and continues to watch the world of this bar pass her by.

Hunk
Aug 16th, 2002, 02:04:38 PM
Hunk turned and was almost knocked flat by what he saw. A gorgeous young woman, sitting at a table, all alone. Never the one to let an opportunity pass him, he decided to introduce himself. He quickly made his way over to her table.

"Is this seat taken?" he asked, looking down.

Izumi Chieko
Aug 16th, 2002, 02:07:23 PM
"Hm? No, it isn't." she said not really paying the man any attention, that was until he sat down. He wasn't what you'd called 'handsome' or 'rugged', it was more or less the aura about him that she noticed, she smiled lightly at the man.

"Izumi Chieko, nice to meet you."

Hunk
Aug 19th, 2002, 05:57:10 PM
"The pleasure is all mine, believe me, Miss Chieko" he said, making himself comfortable. "The name's Hunk."

Signallilng the waitress with a slight nod, he turned to her, smiling and doing his best to get lost in her eyes.

"So tell me, what brings you to a place like Yoghurt's Bar and Grill this evening? Heard about the root stew and had to try it yourself?"

Izumi Chieko
Aug 19th, 2002, 06:07:56 PM
"Ah, no, not really....I came to think, about things." she shifted nerviously in her seat, and smiled back at Hunk.

Hunk
Aug 20th, 2002, 04:18:19 PM
"Thinking about....things, eh? Sounds dangerous to me. Things are dangerous....things" he said, continuing to smile. "And I'm not sure why I'm still talking because I have no clue what I'm talking about."

"Anyway, this place is good for thinking. It's also not bad for eating and talking."

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 20th, 2002, 04:40:30 PM
Diego winced at the man's attempts to make small-talk. He wasn't eavesdropping...but when you're sitting only feet away from such a verbal catastrophe, there isn't much else to do.

He paused before reaching for his drink...bringing his hands up for scrutiny. There was a dark line at the edge of each of his fingernails. Dried blood. He scowled...dabbing his handkerchief in his glass of water, and scrubbing fastidiously at his hands.

"Waitress, I'll need another glass."

Izumi Chieko
Aug 20th, 2002, 04:49:13 PM
She smiled again at Hunk, she could tell he was having trouble.

"well what would you recomend to eat here, other than the root stew of course?"

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 20th, 2002, 04:54:32 PM
Wu Wei listened to his fellow padwan's conversation. He had never spent much time hanging out with hunk, but they shared a common bond, since they were both students under the same teacher.

"Lo mein.. Chicken Lo Mein..." Wei tried to force message.

Ebon Dir
Aug 20th, 2002, 05:05:20 PM
---nothing, ignore this post---

Hunk
Aug 20th, 2002, 05:07:40 PM
Wei's voice thundered in his mind. Obviously the young force user didn't realize how good he was at it. Flinching slightly, but never losing the smile, Hunk replied, "I've heard nothing but good things about the chicken lo mein."

"Myself, I'm going to stick with a small bowl of noodles. I already had and ran off practically an entire side of Nerf earlier today."

Izumi Chieko
Aug 20th, 2002, 05:09:43 PM
(OOC- Ah-HA! Now I kn~~~~~ow!)

"Noodles, and Nerf? Odd combination, even if you ate one eariler." she said laughing lightly, "I've never heard of Chicken lo mein, sounds tasty."

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 20th, 2002, 05:20:21 PM
His nails sufficiently cleaned, Diego returned his handkerchief to a shirt pocket, just as the waitress returned with a new glass of water. For a moment, he simply looked at it, before gulping it down until there were nothing but dry ice cubes within. Breathing deeply afterwards, he closed his eyes.

Hunk
Aug 20th, 2002, 05:45:14 PM
5 minutes and still no waitress. This wouldn't do at all.

"If you'll excuse me, I'm going to try and find us some service."

Hunk stood up, pushing his chair back in the process. Unfortunatelly, it hit the chair of the man sitting behind him with enough force to knock the glass from his hand, sending ice cubes sliding and careening across the surface of the table.

"Oops, sorry about that, chief." he said, slapping the man unintentionally hard on the back, "Good thing the glass was empty, eh?"

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 20th, 2002, 07:53:36 PM
Wei flinched. Hunk was making a mess. Maybe the girl would think it was cute.

"God, help Hunk. He deserves a break." Wei prayed silently.

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 20th, 2002, 10:16:13 PM
As Hunk's hand withdrew from his back, Diego whirled around, snapping his own hand around the Jedi's wrist. For a moment, he shared a quiet, cold stare at Hunk...his jawline tightening.

"Don't do that again."

With another stretch of uncomfortable silence, he shook Hunk's hand from his grasp, turning his attention to drawing his jacket tighter around his body. He stared at the glass and the displaced ice cubes. Slowly, he began to scoop them up, returning them to the glass. Once the deed was done, he wrung his hands dry with his handkerchief.

"Seems what you've got in the Force, you've lost in common sense."

Dae Jinn
Aug 20th, 2002, 11:46:16 PM
Oh, be nice.

* A female voice said from behind them. Daetana Jinn walked quickly up to Diego. She grinned at him.*

It was an accident. Sure Jedi are silly, but they ARE Jedi after all.
*she winked at Hunk and Wei, then turned her attention back to Diego* Maybe you should find another place to sit, sir. One were you won't be disturbed.

Hunk
Aug 20th, 2002, 11:56:31 PM
"A little high strung, aren't ya, Chief?" Hunk said, holding out his hand for a handshake. Chuckling mirthfully. "The name's Hunk"

"You need to relax a little, enjoy the evening. Tell ya what, I'll join you in a game of darts later on. It'll be good for your nerves. I'm always around, shouldn't be too hard to track me down."

"Now...where is that waitress?"

Still muttering, Hunk wandered off to find some service.

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 21st, 2002, 08:40:11 AM
Diego's entire frame tensed at "Chief". If he was younger, and more apt to fly off the handle, Hunk would've chased his words with a trip to the infirmary. Instead, he slowly diverted his attention to the girl.

"And I'm sure you know just the place."

Dae Jinn
Aug 21st, 2002, 08:57:04 AM
*gestures at him with a finger to follow her and sits in a booth in a corner. Grins at him*

Well? Sit down, silly.

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 21st, 2002, 10:13:50 AM
He sat slowly, the soft sounds of displacing air and creaking leather seat breaking the silence. Diego stretched his broad arms wide, resting his hands at opposite ends of his side of the booth.

Dae Jinn
Aug 21st, 2002, 10:21:47 AM
Soooooo...you are?
*She turned and stopped a droid in her usual way, with a foot.*

A vodka for me and a water for the gentleman. *she turned to him* Unless you'd like something stronger?

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 21st, 2002, 10:28:24 AM
"Will Bedford....and I'll have Jagermeister, and a clean glass."

Dae Jinn
Aug 21st, 2002, 10:32:48 AM
*Raises an eyebrow*

Now now, Mr. "Bedford", shouldn't lie to me...I know when people are lying. I can smell it on them.
*Moves her leg and watches the droid speed off*
What brings you to Yogs, "Bedford"?

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 21st, 2002, 10:36:36 AM
The skin at the corners of his eyes creased somewhat at her remark...which he chose to ignore.

"Its better than nothing, I suppose...Miss?"

Dae Jinn
Aug 21st, 2002, 10:40:06 AM
Jinn. *Sly smile* Daetana Jinn.

*leans closer to him*

You stink of Van Derveld....You're a relative of Vegas'?

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 21st, 2002, 10:46:31 AM
His jawline tightened. For the briefest of moments, his eyes seemed to flash with intensity.

"Who?"

Dae Jinn
Aug 21st, 2002, 10:50:48 AM
*watches his face intently, and smiles softly*
You know who I am talking about...Vega Van Derveld...related to you somehow.
*sighs and looks around for their droid mumbling* Where is my blinking drink......You don't have to say anything, if you like. But you are related to Vega, I'm sure of it.

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 21st, 2002, 10:56:26 AM
He sat motionless for a moment. He dared not move, because it would lead to a chain reaction that was surely detrimental to Daetana's health. His temper seethed like a thunderstorm.

"I'm no longer thirsty."

With a collected effort, he rose to his feet, fists clenched at his side. He nodded to Dae, curtly.

"Enjoy your drink, Miss Jinn."

He turned away.

"And don't ever speak that name in my presence again."

Hunk
Aug 21st, 2002, 12:11:13 PM
Returning with a waitress following in his wake, Hunk caught a glimpse of the surly man walking in the opposite direction.

"Hey Chief, don't forget about our dart game. I'm looking forward to it"

He sat down with a surprising grace, turning to Izumi with a grin. "Terribly sorry about the wait. The food is well worth the wait, trust me."

"A bowl of Chicken lo mein for the lady, a small bowl of noodles for me, thank you," he told the waitress, never once taking his eyes off Izumi. "Oh, and a drink for my grumpy friend over there," he said, gesturing to Van Dervald.

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 21st, 2002, 12:30:26 PM
"My name is Will Bedford."

He paused, staring at Hunk with a stern face.

"Not Chief. Not Buddy. Not Pal. I'm not here to play games, and I'm drinking with you only as a matter of coincidence."

He continued his hard stare at Hunk. Though the padawan was large, it seemed that Diego was nearly as solid.

"Jagermeister. Clean glass."

Izumi Chieko
Aug 21st, 2002, 12:52:08 PM
She stifled a laugh when Hunk had knocked into the man, and smiled when he order fro her and the one he mussed up.

"Will Bedford, pleasure to meet you. Izumi Chieko, but friends call me Zumi." she siad smiling at the scruffy man, he was slightly better looking than Hunk, but he didn't have that Aura about him.

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 21st, 2002, 02:00:54 PM
He turned his eyes to Izumi, allowing a smile of formality. He nodded to her.

"Ma'am."

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 21st, 2002, 05:13:29 PM
Wei did not respond to anything happening around him. She was a nice girl, that Zumi. He hioped hunk would have some luck.