PDA

View Full Version : xXx - aptly named

Sanis Prent
Aug 16th, 2002, 12:05:07 AM
Three strikes = you're OUT!

I want the 2 hours and 10 minutes of my life back, which I burned away in that piece of crap they call a movie.

I was expecting at least mediocrity on the level of the Fast and the Furious.

Instead....I get...teh suk

ooooh this one stinks. Its right up there with MIB2 and Master of Disguise for "Lobotomy via film" award of 2002

Figrin D'an
Aug 16th, 2002, 12:12:52 AM
Never intended to see it. Good to know I'm not missing anything in my ignorance. :)

JonathanLB
Aug 16th, 2002, 02:09:28 AM
What are you TALKING about?!

It is easily one of the best action movies ever made, and I have seen a lot of action movies.

FOUR stars. One of the best movies of the summer.

Anyone who misses it is really missing out on a great film. I have never talked to anyone who didn't like it.

dbn
Aug 16th, 2002, 03:01:32 AM
I am with you JLB, I had fun watching the movie, and I would not mind watching it again later on.

For some reason I was thought it would be a great movie if Vin started to kill some vampiers at the end..lol...I don't know why I had that thought. It would be fun to know, if that was in their first draft of the story.

Loki Ahmrah
Aug 16th, 2002, 05:02:45 AM
As far as I am concerned it's just a sad James-Bond-wannabe and from what has been said by a great deal of critics it is a prime example of how the James Bond secret agent formula is more likely to fail than be a success. I will not be wasting my money on this tripe.

Sanis Prent
Aug 16th, 2002, 08:41:46 AM
I don't mind action movies...but do come and make it to where I can at least suspend my disbelief.

I'm sorry, but:

You can't outrun an avalanche on a snowboard

Thats just foremost on my mind. Everything in that movie was insulting my intelligence. The "plot"....dear God, I've seen more coherent english out of fortune cookies!

Their "apocalyptic poison gas sub" was launched from PRAGUE!

Do these dickheads even consult a map? Or maybe research what a russian accent actually sounds like? Or how about the beginning, which apparently has nothing to do with anything else in the movie, aside from a minor mention.

The stunts were good in the best of times. At worst, they are so fake it makes you cry. And they only prove relevant to the plot maybe 2 percent of the time. Other times...its just "Vin Diesel doing stunts, cause he's VIN DIESEL....woo he's a badass and stuff. Don't you feel special for seeing this movie"

BLECH!

Vin Diesel can't act his way out of a Vietnamese prison filled with deaf/blind wardens, cross eyed guards, and cells made out of wet paper towels. He plays one part -- VIN DIESEL. Which I guess is ok in moderation, because you can claim ignorance and say that he's just filling the role. But when you see Pitch Black, Fast and the Furious, then this tripe....you come to the conclusion that he doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground, in terms of character portrayal. The only time I saw this man act was in Saving Private Ryan...where he gets his punk ass sniped by a german.

I was suspecting a sugar-pop jizzfest with over-the-top action (attempts), the latest music from whatever hardcore band was popular this week (apparently Rammstein, from the intro) and of course, lots of sweet-assed candy cars. Ok...wow...he has a GTO.

I've already seen the Fast and the Furious. Guys. Its been done. Move on now.

ReaperFett
Aug 16th, 2002, 08:50:11 AM
I dont care about it after hearing Vin Diesels views on it :)

BTW, how can a huge shaven tattooed guy by a spy? He's hardly inconspicuous :)

Sanis Prent
Aug 16th, 2002, 08:52:22 AM
Oh you didn't know? Europe is where we send the international punk community, apparently. And they have big rave parties around the largest tesla coils on the planet...because nobody understands electricity, and apparently never watched Mr. Wizard.

ReaperFett
Aug 16th, 2002, 08:53:57 AM
Ah, but of course. How silly of me :)

Nathanial K'cansce
Aug 16th, 2002, 09:05:53 AM
Previews for it didn't look too apealing to me anyway... showed no sign of plot or story. And I've seen some good action movies with nice plot and story.

JMK
Aug 16th, 2002, 09:19:01 AM
Makes you wonder what attracted a guy like Sam Jackson to it?
Admittedly, I do want to see it, but my expectations are way scaled back after this thread.

I've already seen the Fast and the Furious. Guys. Its been done. Move on now.
Are you ready for The Fast and the Furious 2? Well you'd better be, because its on the way!

Gav Mortis
Aug 16th, 2002, 09:41:30 AM
That's a film I wont be going to see. Got the first one on DVD, I'm not sure why anymore, it's nothing special and as for Vin Diseal I completely agree with Sanis, Vin Diseal plays one part only, himself and it's very boring. He's not given me any reason to believe that he is capable of playing any other type of character.

ReaperFett
Aug 16th, 2002, 09:44:09 AM
Diesel isnt in F&F2

Gav Mortis
Aug 16th, 2002, 09:46:22 AM
I still wont bother and my beliefs about Diesel's acting stands.

JMK
Aug 16th, 2002, 10:24:31 AM
I'll probably see it if they can give the illusion of doing something cool. If it's Paul Walker just walking around busting up street racing rings again, I'll be less inclined to see it.

Admiral Lebron
Aug 16th, 2002, 10:51:10 AM
Vin Diesels best part is The Iron Giant.

Jedieb
Aug 16th, 2002, 02:43:06 PM
So what does everyone thing the drop will be on this action masterpiece? Over or under 50%?

Admiral Lebron
Aug 16th, 2002, 03:03:25 PM
I think under.

Sanis Prent
Aug 16th, 2002, 03:06:00 PM
I'm making no guesses...just silently praying a concrete donkey lands on Vin, so we don't have to put up with any more of his movies.

Admiral Lebron
Aug 16th, 2002, 04:00:01 PM
Only in Tijuana.

JonathanLB
Aug 16th, 2002, 04:42:13 PM
Get a quarter, buy a clue.

Vin Diesel is a fantastic actor! He was absolutely great in Pitch Black. He has amazing screen presence and is a captivating persona. The Fast and the Furious was a very good, very fun film. It wasn't as good as XXX, but it was very good nonetheless. He has yet to make a bad film.

You've obviously not seen Boiler Room either, because his role in that film is entirely different. It's not even an action movie. Although now he is playing an action star mostly and he is being typecast possibly, that doesn't mean his acting abilities are any less. He is amazingly talented and he is one of the biggest superstars around today.

Vin Diesel didn't outrun the avalanche, by the way, watch the movie. Second, you could outrun it by a significant degree on a snow board when it doesn't even START until you are already way further down the mountain. Now if it were directly behind you 10 feet, that's one thing, but that wasn't the case.

All of the stunts were incredible. Every single one of them. You cannot name one that wasn't absolutely amazing and they all look realistic, obviously, this film is extremely high budget and they do not mess up on technical matters in high budget films all that often. This is no exception.

What made Samuel L. Jackson want to be in it is because it's the best action movie of the year, one of the best ever, and it is overall a fantastic film with a great role for Jackson.

If you don't see it, you can't judge it. Plain and simple. That goes for every movie. I at least bother to see every movie that comes out so I can have an informed opinion about them, unlike some of you, who apparently feel that a book can be judged by its cover.

Kind of funny when the cover for XXX, i.e. the trailers and the promotional materials, are totally awesome. The first trailer was good, not great, then the second trailer was frickin' sweet. You could tell from the start that it would just be an incredible action movie, maybe not a lot of plot, but great action.

Great action films don't need inspired plots to be a lot of fun and very well done, though. The plot for this movie was solid, but unremarkable. The action and stunts, though, were so good that it absolutely deserves 4 stars for craftmanship.

In this thread, hardly anyone has actually seen the film, and two of us really loved it, so that leaves like one person who didn't like it?

Don't lower your expectations. Expect an awesome action movie, go see it, and you won't be disappointed.

XXX is better than James Bond. Sorry, Bond, but you can't top XXX for pure thrills. Although overall I am a bigger James Bond fan and I love the movies, XXX is better than any of the recent Bond films.

ReaperFett
Aug 16th, 2002, 05:29:56 PM
If you don't see it, you can't judge it. Plain and simple
But but, you said:

You don't need to see Crossroads to judge it. It just DOES suck, no viewing necessary

:)

Marcus Telcontar
Aug 16th, 2002, 05:53:03 PM
Oh what total and utter rot. Action films do NOT make a good excuse for pathetic plots. The best action films realise this AND HAVE ONE.

Figrin D'an
Aug 16th, 2002, 05:56:29 PM
Ah, Reaper... ever the smart-a$$... :)

I don't plan to see xXx simply because it doesn't grab my interest. I'm not a Vin Diesel fan, the plot of the story appears to be uninteresting, the action sequences that were shown in the trailers were not anything unique, IMO. I have no desire to spend even $5.50 for a matinee to see it. Just a matter of taste, that's all.

ReaperFett
Aug 16th, 2002, 05:56:31 PM
Some can get away with it, and be fun :)

Ah, Reaper... ever the smart-a$$...

I yam what I yam, heck heck heck :)

Loki Ahmrah
Aug 16th, 2002, 06:35:02 PM
Oh what total and utter rot.

I've been dying to see you say that again. Made me laugh, it's like your trademark or something. :)

JonathonLB, I tend to disagree with you about most movie topics and I think it's one of those cases when we have to just agree to disagree. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 16th, 2002, 06:48:26 PM
I haven't seen it. I did like Vin Diesel in Saving Private Ryan, and in Boiler Room. Boiler Room is a great movie, IMO. But that was mostly Giovanni Ribisi, or however you spell his name. But I digress from the topic of this thread.

I still haven't seen xXx...my 17 year old nephew is dying to go, but he's perpetually broke. But then, so am I. :rolleyes

AND, I haven't seen Pitch Black, or FFTF, so...I guess I have nothing to contribute. Except that Mr. Vin Diesel is yummy with all those "freaky tattoos," and I too enjoyed Mark saying "What total and utter rot." :lol

So, I suppose, on a purely animalistic level, I could be pursuaded to spend the $$ on xXx...but I don't think that's going to happen. I'll save my money for something else...like Sweet Home Alabama. ;)

Quadinaros
Aug 16th, 2002, 08:16:54 PM
Boiler Room is actually the movie that made me dislike Vin Diesel. He was so miscast in that movie it wasn't funny. Well, actually it was kind of laughable. Boiler Room was still a good movie in spite of Vin.

My point being, I've had a hard time warming up to Vin as a movie star. I still haven't seen FATF, and I'll probably catch XXX on DVD.

And what were his parents thinking when they named him Vin? Is he German? "Vin is this baby going to come out?" :evil

ReaperFett
Aug 16th, 2002, 08:20:09 PM
And his brother, Ve haf vays of making you talk Diesel ;)

CMJ
Aug 16th, 2002, 08:21:01 PM
It's a stage name Quad. :p

ReaperFett
Aug 16th, 2002, 08:22:08 PM
Then theres Uncle Vere are ze secret documents Diesel, and his father, Vere are your papers Diesel :)

Quadinaros
Aug 16th, 2002, 08:25:03 PM
:lol :rollin

Ahhh. There's just too much funny stuff in here tonite.

ReaperFett
Aug 16th, 2002, 08:28:28 PM
His distant cousins, ACHTUNG! and SCHNELL! Diesel :)

Marcus Telcontar
Aug 16th, 2002, 08:30:50 PM
And his half brother Turbo

Or Direct Injection

And not forgetting Kenworth

CMJ
Aug 16th, 2002, 08:31:04 PM
Diesel isn't his real last name either. :p

He's like John Wayne....that wasn't even close to HIS real name.

Marcus Telcontar
Aug 16th, 2002, 08:34:10 PM
Oh shut up and dont spoil our fun :p

ReaperFett
Aug 16th, 2002, 08:34:46 PM
How is he like John Wayne? I like John Wayne ;)

And of course, dear old auntie "Not Unleaded, we use" DIesel :)

CMJ
Aug 16th, 2002, 08:41:30 PM
Okay, okay...I won't rain on yalls parade. Carry on. :p

Jedieb
Aug 16th, 2002, 09:12:01 PM
Marion Morrison is a name that begs for an ass kicking. I think I'd even name my kid Vin before I'd name him Marion.:rolleyes

CMJ
Aug 16th, 2002, 09:27:12 PM
LOL!

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 16th, 2002, 10:17:25 PM
bah ... I don't need to see this movie because my friend who loves pointless action movies didn't even like it.

That ... is saying alot.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 16th, 2002, 10:21:54 PM
:lol @ you all!!

JMK
Aug 16th, 2002, 10:23:19 PM
Vind Diesel isn't going to be around for that long. He knows he's relatively hot property right now, and when people get sick of people seeing Vin Diesel play....well, let's face it, himself, he'll fall right off the map. He just makes very "sexy" movies right now, they're full of explosions, stunts, and girls, and that makes for alot of quick $$$ at the box office. Fortunately (or unfortuantely if you like him) people will eventually expect more from him and he will go away.

Jedieb
Aug 16th, 2002, 11:13:02 PM
I really don't have anything against Vin. I've only seen him in SPR and I thought he was good in the few short scenes he had. But nothing about 3X got me in the least bit excited to go out and see it. It just looked like a pseudo extreme sport version of a Bond film. I HATE pseudo extreme sports so maybe that's why I'm so ambivalent about 3X. I'll see it when it comes on HBO and who knows, I might even like it. But there's nothing about its star or ad campaign that has me the least bit interested in it. And the Vin slams in this thread sure haven't changed my mind.

Quadinaros
Aug 16th, 2002, 11:13:03 PM
I'm sure what he really wants to do is direct. He could make On Deadly Ground 2 or Christmas In Germany. :rolleyes

Jedieb
Aug 16th, 2002, 11:15:21 PM
On Deadly Ground, how could Michael Caine stoop so low? Man did that movie blow.:evil

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 16th, 2002, 11:34:51 PM
On Deadly Ground was horrible I am not sure which Segal film was worst though that one or Fire Below, heck the last Segal film that was any good was Under Siege 2 and I think it was because he hardly spoke in it :p

About XXX I have no interest in seeing it either, I thought the whole Czech villain thing was nuts, why would the bad guys hang out in Prague, it is not like that is the a very ideal place to plot to conquer the world or what ever they are doing in that movie, its not like the Czech Republic is a threat to the world or something, also consider the current state of Prague it would have been funny if this movie would have been shot now, there would have no reason to send him in, the villains would be flooded out :p

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 17th, 2002, 06:56:37 AM
I want to see it for the performance by Rammstein at the start, but aside from that ... :|

Taataani Meorrrei
Aug 17th, 2002, 07:54:29 AM
Ugh @ the meaningless Rammstein cameo. And I am a Rammstein fan!

This movie blows more than Chaisey Lane on an overdose of combat methamphetamines.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 17th, 2002, 08:19:25 AM
:mneh It will make the movie worth seeing for me

Morgan Evanar
Aug 17th, 2002, 12:15:53 PM
JLB proves yet again he is not a fan of anything that provokes thought.

Bravo! You do know that a great action movie can have a plot, right? Like, say, Ronin?

Then again, I bet you didn't like Ronin because it was too vauge and you had to pay attention.

Taataani Meorrrei
Aug 17th, 2002, 01:46:03 PM
:lol morg

Taataani Meorrrei
Aug 17th, 2002, 01:48:06 PM
I will add...anybody who actually gushes about xXx and insinuates its better than James Bond is likely infested with a mind-controlling earwig from Ceti Alpha VI, and is very susceptible to the power of suggestion as the larvae grows fat on earwax, deep within their eustacian canal.

The Black Rider
Aug 17th, 2002, 02:08:54 PM
My friend loves the movie xXx. He said it was excellent. Of course, he also loves The Fast and the Furious, which I thought was absolute shi--you know. Anyway, this is the same friend who once enlightened me with his take on life and movies:

(and believe me, I am quoting him)

"If I have to think while watching a movie, I say 'scratch it!'"

So there ya go. I guess that's kinda why I refuse to see it.

JMK
Aug 17th, 2002, 03:46:19 PM
Escapism entertainment is ok and I would argue necessary to a certain degree. But if that's all that someone wants to see in a movie, well...they probably should take the short bus to school.

And anyone who tries to say that xXx is better than Bond should join them! :D

Kaytor Surna
Aug 17th, 2002, 06:08:43 PM
Dude I am sorry for all of you that dont like it. It was the sickest movie I have ever seen. 007 meets Fast and the Furious. Thats how me and my friends explain it. I saw it twice in the same week. Sorry for all of you that didnt enjoy the movie but it was cool. Defanitly my fav movie atm.

Sanis Prent
Aug 17th, 2002, 06:17:48 PM
I sing a dirge for you and your movie taste.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 18th, 2002, 12:36:43 AM
:lol I think its great people can enjoy it. Its just same old mind numbing entertainment, but after all, thats what most movies are. Just entertainment.

Sometimes I like to sit back and be entertained..But I also love having to pay attention to details in movies like Signs, Snatch, and The Spanish Prisioner.....

But gotta have the "scooby doo" movies for EVERYONE to laugh at/with.

JonathanLB
Aug 18th, 2002, 01:39:31 AM
Scooby Doo was trash. I wasn't entertained at all and it was just lame nonsense. Not even funny. Just painful.

If you want film to be educational, go watch the discovery channel, if you want to watch real movies you go to the theaters.

Anyway, I should have turned my brain OFF for Signs because the film was totally mindless. The only reason I gave it three stars was for its excellent suspense and a few witty lines. It wasn't a thinking man's movie by any means. The problems and flaws with that movie could fill several libraries.

OBVIOUSLY Diesel isn't his last name, and Vin isn't his first name either! It's Vincent somethingrather. I read it on a competing site once.

Kaytor Surna is the only one here who has any clue what he's talking about, so congratulations. lol.

Morgan, you are an absolute fool. Crawl back under the bridge you came out of and leave real moviegoers alone. I have more taste in my left pinky than you do in your entire body. If I just love movies that don't make you think, tell me then why The Game, The Matrix, and Fight Club are three of my favorite movies? Blade Runner makes my top 10 (non-Star Wars), and the Star Wars movies are the most thoughtful films ever produced. The level of detail and mythology has inspired countless books and essays and fans still analyze the movies 25 years after the first one arrived in theaters. I LOVE thought-provoking movies, they are absolutely the best, but that doesn't mean that a great action film deserves less just because it's a great action film and not a great drama. That is what a LOUSY critic does, to judge one genre differently than another and establish prejudices before he/she even sees the movie. I don't say, "This is a chick flick and therefore cannot earn 4 stars," or "this is a comedy and therefore can't earn 4 stars." The best movies in any category are worthy of four stars.

XXX is way better than any James Bond film as so far, but that doesn't mean the CHARACTER is better than James Bond. Bond is far better, and I love Bond, always will. Plus there are 20 Bond movies, only 1 XXX movie, so obviously I like Bond far more. A few of the really old Bond movies are totally classic, but they lack the intense action of XXX, don't have the stunts or the thrills, and I wouldn't exactly call the plots brilliant, just entertaining and really fun.

Ronin was a good movie, but it was no XXX. It's far worse. Yes, it has a great car chase, but is that why you love it? What, is thinking too difficult for you? If you want to think, you go see The French Connection, which has the greatest car chase ever filmed, and you will realize that especially when you learn that the car chase wasn't even legal or authorized by the city and the bystanders in many parts were NOT extras but real people unaware of the filming. THAT was a car chase, and it will never, ever be duplicated because the realism is just not possible in today's Hollywood. Ronin was nothing compared to The French Connection and it is nothing compared to XXX either. It's a solid, three star film, compared to two four star movies.

We'll just see how short Vin Diesel's stardom is, LOL, come back to me in 5-10 years when he is still making millions of dollars per movie and audiences are still into him. I've made a buttload of cash on that site just this month alone and that will not stop any time soon. His popularity is only on the rise. Too bad if you don't like it, but that is just a fact. I'm the Vin Diesel expert, you bashers are just a couple jealous men working lousy jobs wishing you could take home 1% of his paycheck.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 18th, 2002, 03:55:39 AM
XXX is way better than any James Bond film as so far

ARGH :x

Loki Ahmrah
Aug 18th, 2002, 07:21:14 AM
I'm the Vin Diesel expert, you bashers are just a couple jealous men working lousy jobs wishing you could take home 1% of his paycheck.

Kindly crawl out of your own ass if you are going to try - and I stress the try - to provide some sort of convincing argument. Either that or at least drop your trousers and bend over so you can present your opinion with more clarity.

ReaperFett
Aug 18th, 2002, 07:25:06 AM
Stop getting personal, or this thread gets closed.

JMK
Aug 18th, 2002, 08:00:35 AM
XXX is way better than any James Bond film as so far.
Nope.

Ronin was a good movie, but it was no XXX.
Nope.
:zzz

Jedieb
Aug 18th, 2002, 08:26:10 AM
LOL JMK. Short, sweet, and simple.

Those people making crude personal attacks Jon for having the courage to openly admit his manlove for Vin Diesel should be ashamed of themselves! :p

Loki Ahmrah
Aug 18th, 2002, 08:42:36 AM
I have no problem with Jonathan's opinions, it's when he starts calling people "jealous men working lousy jobs wishing you could take home 1% of his paycheck" that I draw the line.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 18th, 2002, 03:46:46 PM
:mad

I'm not a MAN!

:mad

..and I still enjoyed Scooby Doo. :(

Morgan Evanar
Aug 18th, 2002, 08:41:46 PM
I'm the Vin Diesel expert, you bashers are just a couple jealous men working lousy jobs wishing you could take home 1% of his paycheck.

I'm glad that you measure success with how much someone banks on. I'm pretty happy with my living situation right now, and I like my job. I'd rather take that. Some of us here have morals, you know.

Anyway, I never saw The French Connection, but I have heard of the car chase. But thats not the only reason I like Ronin, you assuming halfwit.

I like Ronin because its thoughtfully paced, has very solid camera work, excellent dialouge, and a direction and script that leaves something for the imagination. I still want to know what was in the case. What was in it for the Russians? How did Gregor factor everything up to steal it? etc.

You like everything up front, easily accessible, and served on a plate. And thats a shame, because theres a lot of great film that you'll can because you're too goddamn lazy (perhaps stupid) to figure out.

ReaperFett
Aug 18th, 2002, 08:48:30 PM
That case was like Pulp Fictions. A nice touch

Marcus Telcontar
Aug 18th, 2002, 11:48:59 PM
I tend to find myself bored with loud and flashy movies these days. I really love something with substance, which is I guess why I rate Minority Report really highly - hey look, action flick with areal plot! Who said you needed to check you brain at the door? I also loved Ronin as well. Another action film where the brain does nto need to be checked in at the door.

Big dumb fun can be done well and it works best if it doesnt take itself seriously, like say The Mummy. Silly popcorn flick, but it played up to that dumbness and carried through really well. The Mummy Returns made the fatal mistake of taking itself seriously.

Really, the best action films either DO have a plot and a purpose, or just dont take themselves too seriously, have a sense of fun and adventure. I have yet to see anything in discussion on xXx that suggests that it has any semblence of plot or plausibility, or a sense of fun.

Lousy job, check. 1%, check. Jealous? Not on your life. There's better things in this world than dollars, fast cars and lots of scantily clad women. Well, I do have the car that would more than likely blow away just about anything this side of a worked WRX, but the real point is, does that stuff by happiness? Hell no. If anything, I would rather not have a job, swing a pack on my back and go swagging into the Outback. It certainly is a more worthwhile and real life that a Hollywood Star.

Arya Ravenwing
Aug 19th, 2002, 12:27:08 AM
Ooh I wanna do that too! I want to go on a walkabout!

I have a friend who is going to Australia for 6 months and I am SO jealous. :cry

JMK
Aug 19th, 2002, 07:14:56 AM
I've got a friend who met a hot aussie girl, moved there and is marrying her this christmas! I'm so jealous! :p

ReaperFett
Aug 19th, 2002, 10:34:25 AM
I couldnt live in Austrailia. Hiking would intrest me if I was a bit fitter though

jjwr
Aug 19th, 2002, 07:33:50 PM
I really don't see myself seeing this in the theatre, just doesn't look good enough.

As for the rest of the thread....nice to see nothing has changed around here :)

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 19th, 2002, 08:12:39 PM
LOL aren't you glad you are no longer a mod here :p

foxdvd
Aug 19th, 2002, 08:27:21 PM
LOL...

Anyway, XXX was a good movie, far from great, but for what it set out to be, it worked.

Ronin is a good movie with great action, but I would say French Connection is better in just about every aspect if you are looking for a thinking-man's action movie. Top-notch acting, writing and action, it is one of the best examples of a movie with action that would still be a great movie without that action.

jjwr
Aug 19th, 2002, 08:29:19 PM
Heh...back when I was a mod here I would have jumped all over that....way too easy! As it is I'll just sit back and watch it get really deep around here.

JMK
Aug 20th, 2002, 07:32:52 AM
Who needs movies? This place is as entertaining as the biggest summer blockbuster!

CMJ
Aug 20th, 2002, 08:30:38 AM
LMAO Kyle!

ReaperFett
Aug 20th, 2002, 10:36:51 AM
French COnnection was the same director wasnt it?

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 20th, 2002, 03:15:13 PM
if you call xXx a movie, then you could give 2 hours of Tony Hawk jumping through flaming hoops an oscar, I suppose.

Kineas Grimm
Aug 20th, 2002, 04:30:39 PM
I thought that xXx was a good movie. albeit, it was no Signs, or Minority Report.

I enjoyed going to go see it in the theatre. I myself have seen almost all Vin's movie's to date, some are good. He has made a good rise for himself, he used to be a telephone salesman.

Right now he is the Goto guy for action flicks, and will be for a long time, regardless if it has a plot or not. I can foresee him staying around for a while, no matter what happens to his career.

And of course, my opinion doesn't count, as I have been told that I have to much of a variety in taste in movie's and music by my friend. Anyway, that's just what I think.

And, btw, his real name is Mark Vincent.

ReaperFett
Aug 20th, 2002, 04:34:04 PM
Theres no jokes for Mark Vincent though :)

Although, Id rather call myself Mark Vincent :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 20th, 2002, 05:22:37 PM
I prefer Mark Vincent to ReaperFett too ;)

And *is* there a movie with Tony Hawk jumping through flaming hoops, and if so, where can I see it?!?! :D

I wanna watch the X Games now. :(

ReaperFett
Aug 20th, 2002, 05:43:44 PM
I dont :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 20th, 2002, 06:05:44 PM
Why not, its just like xXx, but with a better plot.:p

ReaperFett
Aug 20th, 2002, 06:10:34 PM
Woo, watch the man on the piece of wood go side to side ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 20th, 2002, 06:11:27 PM
Shut up. :)

ReaperFett
Aug 20th, 2002, 06:14:38 PM
side to side to side to SIDE! :)

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 21st, 2002, 11:05:28 AM
Until they crash, and either break/lose a limb, or DIE >D

Thats why I watch X-Games...for the wipe outs :)

JMK
Aug 21st, 2002, 11:07:35 AM
The bails that happen in the X-Games are awesome. Too bad they wear protective equipment! :lol

Oishii Sakana
Aug 22nd, 2002, 08:52:36 PM
I saw xXx. I took a girl. She wanted to see it. I liked the movie becasue it gave me an excuse to take a girl out. So, I say xXX was't that bad.

Marcus Telcontar
Aug 22nd, 2002, 09:43:43 PM
Extreme Games can be very entertaining to watch, have to admit that

Morgan Evanar
Aug 25th, 2002, 07:19:43 PM
Those motocross guys have lost thier minds. But it is fun.

Figrin D'an
Aug 25th, 2002, 07:49:15 PM
I watched the X-Games once for about an hour...

That's an hour of my life I'll never have back...

JediBoricua
Aug 25th, 2002, 09:41:42 PM
X-games=fun.

I remember the first x-games ever, they had bungee jumping competitions, in the original category a guy jumped with a river kayak...pretty stupid, yet entertaining...xXx kindamaterial I guess.

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 28th, 2002, 07:28:10 AM
What I like are the lumberjack olympics! :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 30th, 2002, 01:41:32 AM
Motorcross...mmmmmm

*gets blinded by lust*

Marcus Telcontar
Aug 30th, 2002, 01:49:44 AM
What I like are the lumberjack olympics!

Sydney Royal Easter Show. They have a pavillion set up for these loonies - and I mean loonies. They have to be seen to be believed.