PDA

View Full Version : Quiet times - Oriadin

Helenias Evenstar
Aug 15th, 2002, 06:10:30 AM
She awaited her Padwan out in the gardens that were arounfd the training centre

Oriadin
Aug 15th, 2002, 09:48:44 AM
Oriadin had been somewhat quiet around the order recently. He had felt slightly under the weather. He was unable to quite put his finger on what was wrong but he seemed to be feeling much better now and had put his study books down to practise his battle techniques and get out more.

He had recieved a message from his master requesting him to meet with her in the gardens. He made his way to her. He was dressed in his new black jedi robes and looked as smart as ever. He took pride in the way he looked as he felt presentation was improtant. He approched Helenias as she stood in the gardens and greeted her with a bow.

--Master--

Helenias Evenstar
Aug 18th, 2002, 04:56:08 AM
I returned the bow.

"Oriadin. It is good to see you and I must apologise for being remiss in your training. I suppose you heard I have not been well - and I have to say that this is not going to be training, as much as I would like it to be. Instead, this will be preparation. We are to go on a trip and I am taking you with me"

Oriadin
Aug 19th, 2002, 02:18:03 AM
Oriadins face brightened up slightly as his master spoke of a trip. He had been on one or two trips but nothing major so this was a big step for the young padawan.

--A trip? Ok! Thank you master.--

Helenias Evenstar
Aug 22nd, 2002, 04:39:22 AM
"I'm not so sure you will be thanking me afterwards, my Padawan. The trip I was on, I ended up battling a Dark Jedi. This time, we are to investigate some trouble out in a mining colony. It would be a good field trip and a chance to learn what cant be taught in a place like this - but as the same, it will be potentially dangerous"

Oriadin
Aug 22nd, 2002, 04:45:56 AM
He regained his composure and nodded towards his master.

--So what preperations do we need to make before we leave Master?--

Helenias Evenstar
Aug 26th, 2002, 03:18:51 AM
"We will be potentially dealing with pirates" I began. "They appear to be organised to a degree, but not overly. We will likely need to negotiate and calm the miners, plus deal with the pirates. I would not expect them to be well trained or properly prganised - scum like that are only in it for what they can get, no more. A hint of a Jedi and they will run, or offer not much resistance"

Oriadin
Aug 27th, 2002, 07:38:06 AM
He listend intently to his masters words. It was always important to know exactly what you were dealing with as far as possible before acting.

--So...these pirates are steeling from the minors?--

Helenias Evenstar
Aug 28th, 2002, 04:20:58 AM
"In some ways - but it's mainly extortion and protection rackets. What we will be needing to do is infiltrate the miners and trach these pirates back to their source, then most likely wipe them out. Think what you might need to do this"

Oriadin
Aug 28th, 2002, 05:02:56 AM
He thought for a moment. Then raised both eyebrows.

--Probably a weapon of some type for a start--

Helenias Evenstar
Aug 29th, 2002, 04:11:54 AM
I thought that was probably a joke.

I hoped it was anyway.

"Yes, true, but what else would we need? Not physical, but mental abilities, for this is what this will be to a great degree - a mental game. Now, what would you think would be what is needed to achieve what I have set out?"

Oriadin
Aug 29th, 2002, 04:35:58 AM
Again he thought for a few moments. He remembered reading about a Jedi skill known as the Jedi mind trick and how it would only work on the weak minded. If they were to infiltrate the minors, perhaps this would be needed.

--The Jedi mind trick?--

Other than this he couldnt really think of anything else. Perhaps he was missing something or had got the wrong end of the stick somewhere.

Helenias Evenstar
Aug 29th, 2002, 05:21:42 AM
Hmmm. I saw my Padawan had a lot to learn about the underside of the Galaxy.

"I see you have not exactly lived on the fringes of the law. While that is good, for a Jedi, you need to know how to work outside the law and in the fringe elements. To do this, you need disguise, you need a fast and open mind, you need to react to unexpected problems, have a willingness to bend the rules, to move in shadows and not be seen. More than that, you have to fit in. This is not exactly what a Jedi would know, for a Jedi would stick out a parsec in such a place. Or the usual ones would. Not exactly the way a Jedi would work, yes? We are seen as diplomats, negotiators, or in the final option, fighters. Learn then something else entirely different. Learn then what my world is and why I am whom I am"

Oriadin
Aug 29th, 2002, 05:30:24 AM
Oriadin nodded as he understood what his master was telling him. He would have to learn stealth. How to blend in and go un-noticed. This quickly made him think of Marcus. Oriadin knew how good the Jedi Master was at slipping in and out without anyone noticing. Although he felt he was getting it, it didnt all make sense to him.

--Master, what do you mean 'Learn then what my world is and why I am whom I am'--

Helenias Evenstar
Aug 29th, 2002, 06:54:56 AM
"It's the Galaxy I lived in for many, many years, the one you dont see on the holoview. Where life is cheap, drugs can be had, misery and pain abounds. Shadows are all around and hard life. It is a Galaxy that is lawless, where each breath could be your last, where the mere suggestion of being a Jedi will have every lowlife in the area coming after you. It is a Galaxy where fear rules.... where Lord Fire Blade was one of the most feared of all. You see, being a Jedi might get you somewhere in the rest of the Galaxy, but under the surface, you have to be a name. You can't make threats in a bluff, you must be able to back them up with action. It's not a real Jedi like way at all, is it? Yet, this is where we are going"

Oriadin
Aug 29th, 2002, 07:01:48 AM
Oriadin felt a coldness come over him. The galaxy of which his master spoke of was not a pretty one. Because of his memory loss, Oriadin had no real experiences of being away from the Order for any length of time. What he knew of the suffering he read from books and from a couple of missions hed been on. This was going in deeper, and longer by the sounds of it.

--Of what you speak Master, it sounds trully terrible. I am not afraid however, and it only inspires me to make sure I do my job properly. Although I am relativly knowledgable, I am far from being worldly. I am full of theory but no practise. With your guidence, Im confident I will learn what action to take, and when.--

Helenias Evenstar
Aug 29th, 2002, 07:10:48 AM
"I have confidence ou will do so, else I would not bring you with me. I would not allow myself to be hamstrung with someone who could not fit in. "

There was a good point Oriadin had mentioned in passing...

"I also believe it is a probelm the Jedi have - while we aspire to ideals, the fact is, the Jedi are in a tower and need a dose of reality from time to time. How can you deal with beings as I described if you dont have first hand knowledge and experience? Part of a Jedi's training must be in the realities of life I believe. And some of these realities are very, very nasty. Why should we be protective and hide these facts?"

Oriadin
Aug 29th, 2002, 07:52:36 AM
Oriadin nodded in agreement.

--I guess some people try to shy away from the truth of whats going on. Perhaps they dont belive things are as bad as they are, because they dont want to belive.

I agree with what you have said. Although we always do our best to help, we have no idea what its like for the people we are trying to protect. Unless we get our hands dirty.--

Helenias Evenstar
Sep 2nd, 2002, 03:59:48 AM
"That's is one way to look at it, yes. I also think of the term, to place oneself in another's place. Now you had better pack, we have a long way to go"

In truth, I was looking forward to this trip. It had been too long since I had brrn off Arcan and taking Oriadin with me, well this would bw good traaining for him too

Oriadin
Sep 2nd, 2002, 04:02:01 AM
--Yes Master. What sorts of things do you think I'll need?--

Helenias Evenstar
Sep 2nd, 2002, 06:52:03 AM
"Something other than your Jedi robes -- a non descript jumpsuit is good. Somewhere to hide your sabre - and a decent blaster. Think of a good disguise you could use. A mechanic or similar would be good"

Oriadin
Sep 2nd, 2002, 07:06:25 AM
Oriadin thought for a moment. A mechanic would be a decent disguise so decided to go with that. Hed have to have a romage to find some clothes but that should be too much of a problem.

The weapons could be a problem, he didnt own a weapon of any discription.

--Yes Master. A mechanic it shall be. As for the weapons...I dont have any weapons to carry. Will I be supplied with any?--