PDA

View Full Version : Lucky 13

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 13th, 2002, 10:38:13 PM
The stars that were displayed on the The Rascal King's viewscreen seemed to stretch for an eternity, tracing white lines from the center of the screen outward in all directions as the rakish vessel glided silently through the tunnel of hyperspace.

The ship itself was radically different than its previous design, both on the inside and out. Outwardly it was shock white with black trim, the hull utterly smooth to the touch; it was larger than it used to be as well. Once a 95 meter long ship, it was easily 125 meters now, each curve gracefull and sleek. It had been built for speed, and speed it had. That's not to say it lacked any defenses, but when it came to pure engine power, The Rascal King was rivaled only by few.

On the inside, while still spartan and largely undecorated, it was more spacious; the observation deck spanning a larger amount of space and offering a better view of just about anything. The office was largely the same, as was the bridge; Loklorien s'Ilancy had even completely rebuilt the pilot's chair that she preferred over the standard bridge layout. Essentially, on The Rascal King, the bridge was one large cockpit. There was no navigator's or co-pilot's seat, just the one for the pilot.

And in this seat sat Loklorien s'Ilancy, going over last minute checks and making sure everything was ready for the reversion to normalspace.

"Ok MMU, let's drop," she said to the small droid sitting in her lap, and instantly The Rascal King fell from hyperspace, the starlines outside the viewscreen shortening to pinpricks as the gracefull craft appeared as if from nowhere into the space above Kamaar.

s'Il watched the planet, angling her ship around in a lazy arc towards the planet.

She shifted then, suddenly uncomfortable. She tried fidgiting, but it did no good; she tried leaning forward then back again, but still nothing.

Finally the little avatar looked up at her, his glowing green eyes questioning.

What's wrong?

With a sigh she gave up. "I miss my old chair."

Chase Starwalker
Aug 13th, 2002, 11:03:34 PM
The Old Republic had little say in Kamaar. Chase strode through the rustified space port, taking care not to attract much attention. The Greater Jedi Order had sent him to investigate a domestic disturbance that had the Hutt's written all over it. He thought his skills better used, but he would not go against the council's orders. If they wanted him here,...then he would be here.

Wrapped up in robes, he hid his Jedi attire. No need to attract much attention. The locals might not take too kindly to a Jedi out this far on the rim. He continued his pace, the streets lined with shops and venues. He picked up a old datarecorder and fiddled with it in his hands. Could this place be any worse?

Remnant Forces
Aug 14th, 2002, 12:35:13 AM
Center for Interstellar Travel, Golan III Space Platform Brick, Kamaar Orbit

Technical Sergeant Nav Dules sat at his sensor terminal aboard the massive space platform known as the Brick. Even though she was considerably outdated compared to more modern technology, she got the job done as a defense post. More so, the Brick, had an emense communications and sensor upgrades to make it formidable compared to other traffic control stations throughout the galaxy.

At the moment Nav was following a new blip, colored yellow for unidentified, move across his screen at a steady pace. The IFF transponder read Strange Riuox. The computer did a scan for any records of the Strange Riuox in its database and the results were inconclusive.

"Strange Ree-ox this is Kamaar Control center, please head to bearing four-nine-three-two--eight-six-point-one at a speed no greater than twenty MGLT. Failure to comply will result in termination." Sergeant Dules

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 15th, 2002, 05:50:17 PM
s'Il didn't reply back, she only obeyed, and the King, or Strange Rouix as she'd registered it under for this particular trip, shifted its course only slightly, correcting the heading while maintaining a constant 20 MGLT.

MMU still sat in her lap, rocking gently back and forth every now and then as she piloted his larger self.

No doubt the computers monitering her arrival had tried to run a quick background check on the ship, and s'Il was fairly certain nothing would be found; for the simple fact that there was nothing to find. It was just another name she kept on file for trips just like this one.

She had never been to Kamaar, however. She'd simply had no need; until now. It'd been a toss-up, really, on who to steal a ship from: Schreiger or Lebron. In the end she couldn't decide, and therefore told her ship to take her to whichever one it chose. It chose Lebron.

s'Il herself knew nothing of the man, and therefore was coming into his space somewhat blind even though she'd read what files she could get from Taylor on him. For s'Il, it wasn't enough, and so she felt just a little cautious.

And now, with this fresh order straight from hyperspace, she did as she was told.

Gods that man sounds bored to tears.

That won't last too much longer...

Remnant Forces
Aug 15th, 2002, 06:02:39 PM
Center for Interstellar Travel, Golan III Space Platform Brick, Kamaar Orbit

Nav Dules would track the Strange Rouix until it arrived at the cooridinates which Sergeant Dules had issued to the captain of the Rouix. Nav feeling uncertain of this new ship, as Kamaar was fairly out of the way so he called his commanding officer, Ensign Sad(sayd) Kren.

"Did you run a sensor check on it Nav?" The Ensign said with minimal concern.

"Uhh...no sir. Running one now." Replied the Sergenat. A few moments passed and Dules reported his finds, "One lifeform aboard."

"Strange. I'll put Gray squad on stand-by." The Ensign said as he walked off to issue the orders.

Once the Strange Rouix arrived at said destination the Tech. Sergeant politely asked for the name of the Captain while it remained at the spot.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 15th, 2002, 06:23:35 PM
The King had landed without difficulty, and as the boarding ramp descended from the white underbelly of the sleek craft, s'Il started down even before it'd hit the tarmac, her boots hitting the gangplank softly.

As she neared the bottom, she reached a hand up to scratch idly at the diamond embedded in her chest, hidden from view by her shirt. It still felt odd, but she'd accepted it on the condition that she would once more be allowed to live.

She regretted nothing about her decision, and even enjoyed talking with the Reaper whenever he joined her; which was usually at the oddest of times. She shook her head a little as her boots hit the landing pad, and she looked up at the officer waited patiently for her.

"Lok s'Ilancy," she answered smoothly at his inquiry.

s'Il rolled her shoulders and cracked her neck; it'd been a long trip, and she was ready for some unrecycled air. She'd ordered MMU to stay on the ship until she called for him, and he dutifully stood at the top of the ramp, watching with his glowing green eyeports as s'Il conversed with the officer.

"I've got nothing to declare," she went on, "... just got business in Aukor. "

Remnant Forces
Aug 15th, 2002, 06:39:46 PM
The name Lok s'Ilancy instantly brought up a flagged peice of information in the Kamaar Arms Intellegence database. She was affiliated with Grand Admiral Taylor Millard--o had visitied Kamaar before--in a personal way. Within minutes of her departure from her ship, a squad of Kamaar Arms troops approached her.

"Lok s'Ilancy?" The Corporal said to the lady. He was dressed in non-combat gear, meaning the traditional Kamaar Arms blue uniform and a utility belt.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 15th, 2002, 07:08:50 PM
s'Il watched with slightly narrowed eyes as the troops approached, and pulling out a small black case from a side pocket on her pants, she opened it carefully, plucking out a pair of orange tinted sunglasses.

She snapped the case shut then, and returned it to her pocket while lazily donning the sunglasses with her other hand. Her metallic eyes watched from behind orange tinted lenses as the squad marched closer.

Not necessarily a good thing, and certainly just a little confusing; she'd never been to Kamaar, and therefore had no reason to be stopped by any sort of port authority as far as she knew.

A hand came up then to run through her blonde/brunette hair. Now what in the hell is all this about?

Behind her the boarding ramp began to rise, cutting off the view to the interior of her ship and the green eyes of her ship's AI's avatar. Another ten seconds later, and the ramp had settled closed once more.

s'Il shifted her weight to her left leg, staring up at the officer who'd just addressed her.

"Yeah I'm Lok."

Admiral Lebron
Aug 15th, 2002, 07:23:25 PM
Admiral--if you could call him that--Lei Lebron, sat in his usual bed. He rarely left it ever these days not even to use the refresher. Why the Kamaar Arms still gave him reports was beyond the top officiers. But they did anyways to keep him happy, they figured.

On this day the Admiral was in his normal spot in the same bed he was always in. His lover, Natalia Sornakov was off running her personal errands for the day, so to have some entertainment of sort, he had Flunky, his midget companion, do midgety stuff.

Barging into the room, catching the midget by surprise(which sent him jumping to the far side of the bed incase it was an assassin), stepped in a lowly private.

"Sir...Gaurds in Slo'Ka have encountered Lok s'Ilancy. Companion to Admiral Millard." The Private, a normal informant of information to Lei, wasn't surprised at all when the Admiral gave his usual rant about respect for people with shrink rays. Surprisingly, when he shouted at the private to bring him to her.

Remnant Forces
Aug 15th, 2002, 07:31:22 PM
"That is confirmed, we have Lok s'Ilancy." The Corporal said into the comlink, then waited for a reply.

"Bring her to Lebron Castle immeadiatly." The voice said clearly.

"Understood." He replied then shut off the comlink,"Ms. s'Ilancy if you'll come with us."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 15th, 2002, 07:46:57 PM
Her eyes narrowed considerably then, and she glared at the officer. She didn't move at all, except to cross her arms over her chest.

"Why don't you tell me what this is all about first," she spoke evenly. She'd vaguely heard the voice on the other end of the commlink, only able to make out 'bring her....... Castle', and in two seconds flat her hackles were up.

"Look. I've got business to conduct... " she ground her back teeth in aggravation, "... and I don't have the kind of time to waste following you and your boys around like some little housepet."

She stared at him, her gaze steady and her jaw set. "So how about this: you let me go about my business so I can get it over with and go home."

Remnant Forces
Aug 15th, 2002, 07:52:09 PM
"Miss, You will come with us peacefully or forcefully," He paused, "Now, do you want to make my day crappy or will you just come with us?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 15th, 2002, 08:03:38 PM
Oh you bet I'm gonna make your day crappy...

s'Il ground her teeth. This wasn't good, but she checked her attitude; that'd only make things worse, and the last thing she needed was to start a knockdown drag-out fight right here on the tarmac.

She would if she had the time to waste.

"My first choice would be to make sure you had the worst day of your life. But I'm also not about to roll over and let you sods walk all over me.

You tell me what the frell is goin' on, and then maybe I'll think about going where you want me to go."

Take it easy, girl...

Remnant Forces
Aug 15th, 2002, 08:19:01 PM
Damnit Thought the Corporal, Why must she be so hard to deal with?

"The Kamaar Arms brass wish to see you. Now, you can come easily or unconscious. You're choice."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 15th, 2002, 08:32:25 PM
If she was surprised, the only indication came in the form of slightly raised eyebrows over the rims of her sunglasses. s'Il was silent for a few minutes, letting the officer just watch her as she thought about what he'd said.

Then she shook her head. What a jerk-off. Why is it these guys follow me around like a bad habit?? She would have sooner brushed him off that listen to him again, but the less attention she brought to herself the better.

Unfortunately she'd just walked into something that confused the hell out of her; not to mention irked her just a little bit...

s'Il kept her arms crossed.

"Fine. I'll go.

"But-" she brought a finger right up to his face, mere centimeters from his eyes, "This better be worth my time."

Remnant Forces
Aug 15th, 2002, 08:39:01 PM
"Excellent. Right this way." He pointed to a Lambda class shuttle, near the secuirty outpost. "It will be worth your time I assure you."

He went first then ordered four troopers to tail her and the rest he ordered to go back to the post. The Corporal brought his comlink to his mouth and spoke to the otherside "We're coming."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 15th, 2002, 08:52:12 PM
s'Il sat, kicking her feet out and crossing them at the ankles as she propped her hands behind her head.

She said nothing, simply letting her eyes remain half-closed behind her sunglasses, and absently brought a hand down to scratch an itch that had formed on her lower neck near the scar that blazed a vertical trail from the top of her neck down to her navel.

She looked over at the officer who'd spoken into the commlink, but said nothing, instead remaining silent for the duration of the trip.

It was most likely better that way. If she opened her mouth, she'd only end up saying something that would get her in trouble.

Best to save that for whoever it was that wanted to see her.

Remnant Forces
Aug 15th, 2002, 09:21:35 PM
L-Nine-Four Lambda class shuttle

Lieutenant, J.G. Kristof Nestachin slowly began to nudge the shuttle down gently towards Lebron Castle in the southern section of the Kintol mountains. The clouds of the area shrouded the castle, but he was talking with the Castle's air control.

"This is shuttle L-Nine-Four requesting permission to land." said Kristof while concentrating on the flight path.

"This is Lebron Castle Control L-nine-four. You have been cleared to land on platform Eight-Three. Control Out." The transmistion ended.

Nestachin switched his comlink to the cabin, "Ladies and gentlemen we will be landing soon."

Lebron Castle, Platform Eighty-Three

Two Hundrend and sixteen men lined up, on either side of the shuttle. They all wore full Kamaar Arms combat armor. They were standing at attention as the shuttle ramp lowered to the ground.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 15th, 2002, 09:46:59 PM
s'Il stood slowly, her knees popping in the process, and she let a sigh escape her lips.

"This better be frackin' good," she grumbled, walking lazily to the top of the ramp and striding down it's length, and as soon her boots hit bottom, she stopped in her tracks, metallic eyes taking in the rows upon rows of soldiers from behind the orange lenses.

"Oh no #@$%'in' way.... "

And with that, she turned on her heel and started back up the ramp.

Remnant Forces
Aug 15th, 2002, 09:50:31 PM
The Corporal pushed Lok back down the ramp, shoving her until she was off of it. He knew it was force the best and could only hope she didn't retaliate, or worse get injured in the process.

"Miss s'Ilancy. The Admiral is waiting for you." Spoke out Flunky, the midget.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 15th, 2002, 10:36:43 PM
s'Il stopped fighting back instantly, and her eyes scanned the area until they fell on the midget who'd spoken to her.

Oh you gotta be kiddin' me...

"Ok," she shot at the Corporal, "This is enough. You can take me back to my ship now; I'm just gonna leave this whole damn planet. This is just too much for me."

Shouldering her way past the Corporal, she tried once more to head up the ramp.

"You people need to do something better with yourselves than to bring me here to annoy the hell outta me," she yelled over her shoulder.

Flunky
Aug 15th, 2002, 10:39:50 PM
How rude! Flunky thought, She should not be so mean with her body language!

"Come with me Chap!" Flunky spoke like he was talking to an old friend, "Admiral Lebron will be jolly good happy to see you!" He smiled as he tugged her arm in hopes she'd come with him.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 15th, 2002, 10:51:22 PM
s'Il looked down at the midget as he pulled on her arm, and she looked up at the Corporal with an utterly helpless face.

"What the hell is this all about???"

With her free hand she tried to disengage herself from the little guy; it did absolutely no good, and she let out a hissing breath from between clenched teeth.

This is so wrong on so many levels.....

Her shoulders slumped then, and she gave up.

"Fine," she started glumly, then searched for the best words to describe her acquiescence; nothing came to mind, and finally she shook her head, at a complete loss for words.

"Take me to your leader, I guess" she qipped dryly.

Flunky
Aug 15th, 2002, 11:05:38 PM
Flunky dragged her throughout the castle, as small entail of soldiers followed behind. Up and down turbolifts, down corridors and threw gardens. They went everywhere. Flunky purposely did this, in hopes to disorient her. He doubt it would work.

"Come come!" He said to her hastily as his speed began to pick up. Then all at once he stopped as did the gaurds. "Now listen carefully! Don't move to fast or do any funny stuff. He'll kill you if you do. He's very sensative and if he rambles, nod and say yes."

With that out of the way, Flunky pushed open the door.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 15th, 2002, 11:11:46 PM
With a last incredulous look at the midget who'd dragged her every which way but out of the damn place, she took a step inside.

This better be good or so help me...

She stopped just inside the door, not even bothering to remove her sunglasses. Instead, she stood with her arms crossed over her chest.

Chase Starwalker
Aug 16th, 2002, 12:14:33 AM
Chase eyed a passing street merchant. The small spaceport city seemed gloomy, with an alarming presense about. The darkend demeanor of the occupants gave Chase little peace of mind but he was here for a reason, and he couldn't forget that. Continuing down the dusty street, Chase kept on his guard. Spaceports on planet's like this one did not tend to attract the most pleasent of company.

Remnant Forces
Aug 16th, 2002, 09:20:05 AM
Security Outpost 11, 39th and 5th, Slo'Ka

It was a quiet day. Like any other. Not much crime happened on Kamaar. The function of the outposts was mainly incase of invasion. A group of ten to thirty guys fanning out into the city with plenty of food and munitions with military level discipline and combat skills. Very dangerous.

Corporal Narik Doslk was running the backroom today. In other words, he sat there and looked at antiquated equiptment while everone else got new toys. It's not fair! Narik thought, I always get stuck with jobs like this while theyget to do interesting stuff. Then it happened.

From three crates in the backroom errupted three war-droids, each roughly two meters in height and shoulders a meter broad. The combat droids were armed with repeating blaster cannons and what looked like a concussion grenade launcher for arms. Other than that they looked fairly human in shape, minus the head which was a rectangle with its edges smoothed an a crevice of a mouth with a black stripe circling the head.

"Sith detected." They each said in unison.

"...." Narik was speachless.

"Orders?" They said again.

"Uhh...GUYS GET IN HERE!" He screamed. Several others come, soon the rest of the outpost was in the room. Discussing what to do.

"Let them find this sith?" Said A private.

"They could be dangerous to the public." Said another guy.

"So?" Retorted another.

"Blame would lie on us." The bickering went on for a while longer, until Sergenat Koras, the man incharge ordered the droids to find this "Sith." With that half the outpost exited the building and started walking the street.

Chase Starwalker
Aug 16th, 2002, 11:58:42 AM
Chase had stopped at one of the many merchant stands that was cradled in a small inlet of the street. He picked up an old dataflyer. I haven't seen one of these since I was kid... He continued to search it over in his hands, examining it's condition. Pretty good condition, wonder how this little thing got all the way out here on Kamaar.

"How much for the Flyer over there?" Chase gestured toward the small object that he had placed back onto the table.

The merchant was a Besalisk, odd in stature. He glared at the cloaked man, no doubt in thoughts of ripping off the unsuspected tourist.

Hmmm....250 credits should do that Dataflyer justice, eh?

Chase thought it unfair, but it was probably the most reasonable price he would get, he sighed and turned to look at the Flyer before handing over the money. Continuing on down toward more shops, the Jedi drifted in with travelers as he made his way through the crowds. He would need to make contact with the Council once he figured out some information on the Hutt disturbance.

Admiral Lebron
Aug 18th, 2002, 07:57:21 PM
"OH WHERE OH WHERE HAS MY LITTLE BEAR GONE!?" Sung(although it was more of a scream) Admiral Lei Lebron. He was sitting on the bed, in the center of it his back upright. His head was facing up so the noise wasn't that bad.

"Oh -DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR-! It's missing?!" Screamed Flunky as he jumped behind s'Il. "Master Lebron has this creature, a bear...its um..disgruntled. Hide me!!"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 18th, 2002, 08:04:52 PM
s'Il rolled her eyes. This was too much. With a withering glance down at the midget, she resisted the urge to simply turn around and fight her way out the door. Instead, she looked back up to the man sitting on the bed.

"I'm sorry to interrupt the Admiral," she started in an overly sarcastic tone, addressing Lebron as he sat on the bed singing his lungs out, "but if he'd be kind enough to tell me what the hell I'm up here for, I'd be much appreciated.

"And if not, then I'll more than gladly take his leave."

This guy sings even more off key than MMU...

Admiral Lebron
Aug 18th, 2002, 08:20:53 PM
"Oh yeah...I ate the bear last night." Lei gave a sheepish grin and Flunky was relieved yet angry. "You are Taylor Millards lover are you not?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 18th, 2002, 08:31:54 PM
Now this was unexpected, if not a little frustrating, and at Lebron's question, s'Il's eyes narrowed behind the tinted lenses.

"Lovers, not particularly. Close companions, yes."

She remained motionless, but her muscles tensed just a little. His blunt inquiry had startled her a little, and she wasn't quite sure what to expect next.

Admiral Lebron
Aug 21st, 2002, 07:58:43 PM
The Admiral Lebron scanned his opponents face, looking for any sign of weakness or distraction. He'd done this many times before when facing opponents.

"Now, what are you doing on my planet?" His voiced was rippling with power of a madman.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 21st, 2002, 08:04:57 PM
s'Il matched Lebron stare for stare.

"I have business here," she stated solidly while reaching up to remove her sunglasses. "Or is it illegal to conduct legitimate business dealings on this rock."

Her metallic eyes bored into him, and she let out a hissing breath. If she was going to be able to do what she needed to do, than she'd have to do it sometime soon.

"Now unless you have a way to satisfy my needs, I suggest you let me go about my business."

Admiral Lebron
Aug 21st, 2002, 08:10:03 PM
"Last time I checked, Kamaar is a long way from Balmorra. And I doubt you could have MUCH business here really. Haven't you realized that Kamaar is generally self-sufficent meaning little room for an interstellar market?" He paused, to size up her reaction, "Or did you think that just because I'm crazy means I've lost all knowledge?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 21st, 2002, 08:15:45 PM
"I never said you were crazy," she retorted, shifting her weight to her left leg, "Of course you're the one who said you've lost your marbles, not I. Don't blame me for your insecurities; I've got enough of my own.

"And as far as me being on Kamaar, I may enjoy spending time with Grand Admiral Millard, but I sure as hell don't work for him. I run my own businesses, and my services are open to whomever I deem worthy enough."

She took a small step forward then, her eyes glinting fiercly. "I go where I want to."

Admiral Lebron
Aug 31st, 2002, 06:15:59 PM
"You'll go where I tell you to go little Miss...on my planet at least." Lei snorted then began scanning the room wildly with his twitching eyes. "You may go. I guess." Then the Admiral nodded at two guards to kindly escort Miss. s'Ilancy back to landing pad eight-three.

Minutes Later...

"Sir a set Hunter Killer droid has activated in Slo'Ka. It keeps rambling about Sith." Rushed in a crewman to inform the Admiral.

"So they are here. . ." He said with the voice of a man that was fearfully awaiting this day. "Send for you know who."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 7th, 2002, 06:30:21 PM
"This is banthas**t," s'Il cursed, whirling around and ramming her way through the troops behind her. She ignored the midget; wherever the little rotter'd gone, and headed down the hallway.

"This was the most blatant waste of my time," she continued to rage, "I swear if one more half-brained Imperial sod decides to take time outta my schedule to look at me funny and ask me stupid questions, I'ma go buggo....! And further more......"

Her ranting and raging dissipated as she headed down the hall, and every now and then she'd wave her arms in the air for emphasis.

Now to get to the damn shipyards.

Remnant Forces
Oct 6th, 2002, 07:39:29 AM
The shuttle L94 took Miss s'Ilancy back to Slo'Ka. Once it arrived on the docks the Corporal escorted the civillian back to her ship and bid her a farewell.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 28th, 2002, 02:31:25 AM
Thankfully while she'd been gone, MMU had been able to get the location of one of the star destroyers under Lebron's command; an ISD that had just gotten finished going through an overhaul, and as it sat orbiting the planet in drydock, crew relegated to planetside, s'Il knew the time was right to make her move.

Desaria wanted a ship, and she would get him one.