PDA

View Full Version : When all you got to offer is a broken mirror ... [Open]

Lara May Lee
Aug 12th, 2002, 06:48:44 PM
Lara pulled her hood over her head as the streets started to get crowded and night came tackling down the city. The wind was getting more rude at the second. Under her cloak, she held her hands together tightly. Her heart thumped harder in her fragile body every hour. The pain became more and more unbearable. She turned into an alley and leaned against a bricked wall. She began breathing heavily, her forehead resting against the cold wall.

Zeke
Aug 13th, 2002, 04:39:42 PM
"You ok?"

Zeke was also cloaked, the wind whipping it to the side in a fairly dramatic fashion.

"This storm is about to get worse. Let's get you inside."

He held out a hand to her.

"M'name's Zeke! I'd like to help you."

Wraith Frostmourne
Aug 13th, 2002, 04:47:35 PM
Wraith too, walked the streets of the city after contacting Odin. He welcomed the oncoming storm, for he loved the cold weather. It refreshed him. Then he sensed the indisputable smell of a GJO several blocks away. Now days it was so hard to hide the presence of ones force from another. Oh well. His black figure moved closer and closer to the Jedi. He turned into the alley sticking close to the walls. Ahead of him he saw a white figure bent up against a wall with another behind it. Which of the two was the Jedi? He would soon find out. With the storm to aide him, there was no way Wraith could loose.

Zeke
Aug 13th, 2002, 04:55:21 PM
Zeke lifted the girl into his arms. The storm was doing murder to her health. A Sith had arrived; he wouldn't do much to her benefit either. His intent was obvious.

"Not the time or place," he said as he passed Wraith. "This girl needs help. I'll deal with you later."

OOC: Wraith, check PMs.

Wraith Frostmourne
Aug 13th, 2002, 05:13:33 PM
Wraith stepped aside. For some reason, he let them go by without hasseling them. It did not matter. He would see this "Jedi" again in the future. He continued his way down the dark alleyway, hoping to find some more action before he went to bed for the night.

Lara May Lee
Aug 13th, 2002, 06:58:01 PM
Lara pressed her hand against her chest tightly. The pain was nothing new, but each time, it made her weak and vulnerable. A man picked her up, she didn't see who it was. Her vision was already blurring. Suddendly, she surprised herself wishing that man was someone familiar.

"Miryan ...?" She murmured before thinking. She then fell unconscious.

Zeke
Aug 13th, 2002, 07:06:51 PM
"What's a Miryan?"

Too late, she was unconcious. Zeke's determination filled his heart. Was she...no, there was no way she'd just died on him. He felt the Force boost his running speed and he flew down the sidestreets and along the walkways, rivaling the speeds of the speederbikes and hovercars on the road. With great agility he bounded across the road and burst into the hospital there.

"Yo, one unconcious! A little service here?" he shouted into the seemingly empty lobby.

Lara May Lee
Aug 13th, 2002, 07:17:27 PM
In a few seconds, service had arrived. They had taken her from the hands of the man and transported her onto a rather uncomfortable bed. They stopped in a room and ran a few tests. In less than an hour, a man came out, mumbling to a nurse. The nurse pointed to the man who brought her in.

"Are you family ?" The doctor asked, but without even waiting for an answer, he continued. "This girl has an extremely weak heart. Walking around in this kind of weather could've killed her. She could've died out there."

During that time, Lara opened her eyes. The warmth of the sheets made her feel slightly better. She sat up, closing her eyes tightly because of the pain. A few tubes came in and out of her. She yanked them out and let them fall to the ground. She then hugged her knees against her chest gently, and leaned her chin on her knees. Miryan ... Where are you ?

Zeke
Aug 13th, 2002, 07:27:05 PM
Zeke stood.

"No, I'm not family. I found her in an alley leaning on a wall. I picked her up to bring her into a warm building when she K.O.'ed. Is she ok?"

Lara May Lee
Aug 13th, 2002, 07:30:08 PM
"She's been here a few times this past month. But she doesn't talk to anyone, so we have no info on her, besides her name is Lara. She's okay now, but ... " He took a long pause. "She knows she doesn't have long to live."

In her room, Lara tightened her grip around her legs. She let a few strands of black hair fall over her eyes, but didn't do anything about it. What happened ? She used to be so happy.

Zeke
Aug 13th, 2002, 09:35:01 PM
Zeke shouldered the doctor aside.

"I'm going to go see her. What's the room?"

Lara May Lee
Aug 14th, 2002, 09:11:29 AM
"T-there .." The doctor pointed.

Lara lifted her head slowly as she heard footsteps coming towards the door. The steps became louder and louder as they came nearer. She put her hands to her ears and closed her eyes, biting on her lower lip to prevent herself from screaming for silence.

Zeke
Aug 14th, 2002, 09:22:16 AM
"Hi there!"

Zeke poked his head in with a happy smile.

"You okay? You gave me quite a scare!"

There was a chair in the corner; Zeke pulled it to the foot of her bed and sat backwards in it.

Lara May Lee
Aug 14th, 2002, 09:25:44 AM
Lara opened her eyes slowly to see a man sit down at the end of her bed. So, it wasn't Miryan. The corner of her lips frowned as her gaze fell to the floor. True, she was grateful, but somehow, she wasn't. She hugged her legs against her chest once more, leaning her chin on her knee.

"..."

Zeke
Aug 14th, 2002, 09:29:44 AM
"Something wrong?"

Zeke smiled despite the awkward silence, thinking of something to talk about.

"Oh! Earlier you said something about a Miryan. What's a Miryan?"

Lara May Lee
Aug 14th, 2002, 09:34:05 AM
Lara's eyes widened. So she didn't imagine it. She really did call out for him. How stupid can she be ? She shook her head and sighed lightly. A slight smile drew on her lips as she looked up to the man.

"Miryan's a man I know." She replied.

Zeke
Aug 14th, 2002, 09:36:26 AM
"A man you know? He like your boyfriend or something?"

Zeke sighed with relief. So she'd talk to him after all.

Lara May Lee
Aug 14th, 2002, 09:39:02 AM
"Well ..." Lara hesitated. "No, nothing like that."

Zeke
Aug 14th, 2002, 09:43:29 AM
"No? Like a guardian, then?"

Zeke knew he was prying, and that he shouldn't be, but this was all he had to talk to her about. C'mon, like girls really wanna hear about all his space travel stories or his 5 secrets of happiness soap box speech or hear about his duels and stuff.

Lara May Lee
Aug 14th, 2002, 09:47:05 AM
"I don't think so. He's just a man, that I know ... That I deeply care about .." Lara's voice trailed off.

Zeke
Aug 14th, 2002, 09:49:12 AM
Zeke knew the tone of her voice, the tone that said "How 'bout we drop this and talk something else". Zeke sighed.

"Ok, nevermind about him then. Who are you? M'name's Zeke!"

He'd forgotten she'd passed out before they were introduced.

Lara May Lee
Aug 14th, 2002, 10:53:27 AM
"Ah, I'm Lara May Lee." She smiled gently as she ran her fingers through her pure black hair.

"Thank you for getting me here ... I wouldn't have survived out there."

Zeke
Aug 14th, 2002, 11:23:06 AM
"It's not a problem! It goes with the personality!"

Lara May Lee
Aug 14th, 2002, 11:37:11 AM
Lara chuckled slightly.

"Thought I wouldn't have mind if you left me to die there."

Zeke
Aug 14th, 2002, 11:43:05 AM
"Leave you to die? Why would I do that? Why would you WANT to die?"

Zeke scooted the chair right up next to the foot of the bed and leaned forward, as if studying her.

Lara May Lee
Aug 14th, 2002, 02:50:01 PM
"I will die eventually. You'd only give me the possibility to speed up the process." She said, as if it was nothing big.

She tilted her head to the side as Zeke came closer, arching an eyebrow.

Zeke
Aug 14th, 2002, 08:01:54 PM
"But is dying now necessarily better than dying later?" he asked.

Lara May Lee
Aug 15th, 2002, 07:57:05 AM
"Yes." Lara immediately responded. "Less suffering."

Zeke
Aug 15th, 2002, 12:08:48 PM
"But what if there was a way to stop the suffering? Have you tried to find a way?"

Lara May Lee
Aug 15th, 2002, 02:12:48 PM
"Heh. That's what he said ... " Lara smiled again, her eyes falling down on her scraped knees.

"I miss him." She mumbled.

Zeke
Aug 15th, 2002, 02:15:11 PM
"Hmshmshmfmf?" Zeke repeated, exaggerating her muffled voice. He'd actually heard her, but chose to ignore it.

"Well, what did you tell him?"

Lara May Lee
Aug 15th, 2002, 03:17:03 PM
"That I didn't want to look for a way. That I was too tired. That it was too late."

Zeke
Aug 15th, 2002, 03:26:50 PM
"Well that's no good. It's never too late to save a life."

Zeke knew it sounded lame, but it was true.

"I'll bet if this Miryan was here now, he'd say the same."

Lara May Lee
Aug 16th, 2002, 05:52:45 AM
"Heh ..." Lara closed her eyes. "That's not entirely true .."

She stood up slowly from her bed, her feet bare-naked. She winced since the floor seemed so cold, she made a step, two steps, then put her hand on the white wall, gasping.

Zeke
Aug 16th, 2002, 02:07:35 PM
Zeke picked her up again.

"I want you to live. Did the doc tell you that you could move? Probably not, considering you just got here, so I'll just have to carry you. Where you going in such a hurry?"

Lara May Lee
Aug 16th, 2002, 02:23:40 PM
Lara was surprised he picked her up at first, but then just kicked back, and leaned her head back, staring at the ceiling for a moment.

"Somewhere else. Just ... Somewhere out there."

Zeke
Aug 16th, 2002, 02:31:29 PM
"Out there, huh? My, at all the choices."

Lara May Lee
Aug 17th, 2002, 05:21:01 PM
"Somewhere far away, so that nobody will cry for me when I die alone." She reconsidered.

Zeke
Aug 17th, 2002, 06:09:22 PM
"Oh, come ON, don't you have ANY will to live?"

Zeke couldn't believe her willingness to die.

Miryan no Trunks
Aug 18th, 2002, 03:37:10 AM
*Month upon month had passed since he'd left on his quest.. It had left him dead to the universe for 3 months in itself before he had been able to finally return, and thank those who had accompanied him, whom he had been able to send back once it was originally over.. During those 3 months, he had very little to survive off of.. his physical strength, which was barely supported by the very unforgiving and very hostile environment, his mental strength, which was even Worse off with very little other than tainted water and blackmoss to consume, and his thoughts of Lara..*

*To his knowledge, she had died during his trip.. She had been on the verge of death when he'd had to leave, and seemed deadset on dying alone anyways.. It had pained him to no end to simply leave the one he loved to die like that, but he'd had no choice.. However, despite that "knowledge", his heart had never accepted her death, which is how he had been able to go on...*

*To top it off, on his return, he had heard word that the couple of people who knew of her, had seen her recently.. With that alone to go off of, he had set off on a search for her that had lasted almost another month.. With her weak heart, it was all but impossible to find her presence in the galaxy... Because of that, it shocked him when on a walk, his heart had begun aching with a seemingly psychic pain.. Perhaps it was his love for her, who knew what, that caused the reaction, but latching onto that thread of connection, MnT had forced himself to dive into it with his mind, until he had found it's origin... With that, it was but moments before he arrived there himself..*

*Looking back and forth, he found himself in the middle of a brick alleyway, alone.. There was a harsh wind that blew his black trenchcoat out behind him, and it seemed to be picking up into a good storm, given the light sprinkles that were beginning.. Had he not been in a bit of a hurry, he could easily have stood there and enjoyed the weather for a long time..*

*Quickly picking up on her body's trail of ki, he also sensed the past presence of a Jedi, in the remnants of aura that still resided in the air.. Breaking into a sudden dash, the Sith Lord followed the trail that was fading with each step, until he was looking up at the dully lit red title of the hospital... His excited expression instantly folded into a solemn one, but picked up again slightly when he realized he could feel that she was alive somewhere inside...*

*Quickly entering the near empty lobby, MnT rushed up to the nurse working at the counter, and without a word, planted an image of Lady Lee's face in the girl's mind.. She told him what floor and room, and he was off, racing up the corridors and stairs until he stood face to face with the door that corresponded..*

*Grabbing the handle, he tried to calm his heart, but upon the realization that he could not, gave up.. He turned the doorknob, and swung it open, to see Lara in the arms of the Jedi.. Relaxed and staring up at the ceiling though obviously awake.. It felt like his heart had stopped, and the blood had instantly frozen in his vanes..*

*It was all he could do to breath, as his lungs seemed to be refusing to work... As such, he spoke the only word he could force his throat to release, turned, and began walking back down the hall.. *

... Oh...

Lara May Lee
Aug 18th, 2002, 09:31:23 AM
Lara's eyes widened as she recognized who had just entered and left. She pushed Zeke, getting down and ran to the door. She stopped there, leaning her forehead against the door frame. No ! She was so close ! Her feet bare, she ran down the hall, behind him, only stopping when she was only a few feets away from him.

"Miryan ..!"

His back was turned on her, but she reached out her hand and brushed her fingertips against the back of his neck. Her expression was obviously sadened as her tone voice lowered.

"Miryan ... Come back to me .." She whispered.

Zeke
Aug 18th, 2002, 11:27:53 AM
Zeke leaned in the doorway, watching the pair.

"So that's Miryan..." he thought. "Oh, hell no."

The dark aura surrounding the man was incredible.

"She's in love with a Sith Lord?" he thought to himself.

Miryan no Trunks
Aug 18th, 2002, 04:59:28 PM
*He could hear her running down the hall after him.. For what? What explanation would she have to give? It was his full intention to simply walk away, and let her live on with her new Jedi companion, but he could not ignore the feeling of desperation in both her voice and aura, not could he continue to walk when her hand brushed against the back of his neck.. Sighing, MnT turned so he could see her out of the corner of his eye, and spoke..*

... Hello Lady Lee.. How are you..?

Lara May Lee
Aug 18th, 2002, 06:49:34 PM
"Miryan, don't talk to me like that ..." She almost murmured. " ... Miryan ..."

Her eyebrows arched in sadness as she slid her hand down his shoulder and arm, reaching towards his hand. Grabbing it gently, she made him turn around slightly more before putting his hand softly on her right cheek, stroking the back of it with her fingertips.

"It's me."

Miryan no Trunks
Aug 19th, 2002, 03:53:50 AM
"It's me."

*The words were soft and striken with sadness... But what meaning did they hold to him? Of course it was her, there was no doubt of that.. But they had not seen each other for months, who was anyone to think that she couldn't find someone new?*

... I know it's you Lara.. I do not think you've changed.. Just found someone new in my absence..

*As he spoke the words, he tilted his head towards the Jedi who was standing in the doorway, watching the two.. It was obvious from the look on the man's face that he knew MnT was a Sith, and wasn't planning on challenging him. He felt that was probably better, because he hadn't seen a Morgue listed in the Hospital's directory, and the Jedi would undoubtedly need one if he tried..*

Lara May Lee
Aug 19th, 2002, 05:57:01 AM
"... It hurts me to think you would've jumped to that conclusion, love." She finally muttered after a few minutes of silence.

Still holding his hand on her right cheek, she lifted her left hand and trailed it down his cheek. She forced a soft smile on her pale lips, continuing to stroke his cheek to get his attention back on her. They hadn't seen each others in months, why would she let him focus on someone else ?

Zeke
Aug 19th, 2002, 07:29:40 AM
Zeke shook his head with a slight smile. These two needed alone time.

"My work's done. Miryan, you'll protect her, right? Yep, ya sure will. My work here is done."

Zeke hadn't waited for a reply. He walked by and nodded to them both, then left, leaving the two alone in the hall.

Miryan no Trunks
Aug 20th, 2002, 06:31:10 PM
*Nodding wordlessly to the departing Jedi, he watched him leave with his eyes, while sending a message via telepathy to Lara..*

"... Then why were you cradled in his arms? You seem well enough right now..."

Lara May Lee
Aug 21st, 2002, 06:12:15 AM
Her thumb brushed against his lower lip, as she shook her head, before letting all of it go. She closed her eyes sadly, bringing her pale hands together and sighed.

"I seem well right now, only because you are in front of me, for real. It's no longer a dream ... Except in dreams, you were happy to see me. And in this reality, you ..."

She sighed once more before stepping back, being overwhelmed with another wave of pain through her chest. She put her hand on her chest, and squeezed the fabric of her white dress tightly.

"You ..."

Miryan no Trunks
Aug 21st, 2002, 08:04:56 PM
... Lara, I was ecstatic to see you again, after all this time.. Why Wouldn't I have been? But to finally find you after months and months of solitude, only to find you relaxing in another's embrace?

*His eyes closed, he dropped his head towards the ground, he sighed and continued..*

... If that was a misunderstanding, please... Lara?

*He opened his eyes as she stepped back, her hands clenched to her chest in pain.. Reflex kicked in, and he extended his aura around hers, using it and the force to relax her heart and dampen her pain almost to the point where there was none.. Moving over to hold her up incase she were to lose balance, MnT took Lara into his arms and held her there..*

.. Are you alright?

Lara May Lee
Aug 22nd, 2002, 06:23:02 AM
Lara couldn't help but smile softly. She rested her head sideways on the Lord's shoulder, and sighed.

"Miryan, take me away from here." She murmured after a long moment.