PDA

View Full Version : Telling a friend a dream

Hrolthar Benatoer
Aug 12th, 2002, 07:55:28 AM
He was a Dwarf of only 4'4 actually quite tall for a dwarf of his kind, the stocky and big built friend of Dasquian walked in and was looked at by a few people, smiles and chuckles were sounded, but it was nothing he was not used to.

Hrolthan man it to the bar and quietly hopped up onto one the the free bar stoolsso he could barely see over the counter. He could hear the laughs and chukles behind him and it did hurt slightly, but he was a Dwarf..he could take almost anything.

' Iraz khulum gorog uzbud' Hrolthan said in his own tounge if if the barman understood a word he said looking up at his friend dasquian and was about to talk. ' Sorry shortey what did you say?' The barman said before the tavern erupted into another burst of laughter.

' I SAID GET ME 2 ALES NOW!' He shouted with his deep,loud voice that threatend to crack the ears of the barkeep. The barmen gulped hard and ran off to get the two drinks for the Jedi Knight and the Dwarf.

'Men gajamu Dasquian' The stocky Dwarf said with a half smile before gesturing towards a free table.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 12th, 2002, 08:18:07 AM
"Diola lle," [Thank you]

Dasquian smiled broadly and sat down. Hearing his friend speak in his native language he inspired Dasquian to do the same - only his words came out in Elvish.

"Lle quena i'lambe tel' Eldalie?" [Do you speak Elvish?]

Hrolthar Benatoer
Aug 12th, 2002, 08:30:01 AM
'Nae saian luume'

The Dwarf said in elvish with a smile before taking a long sip from his ale glass. he looked around and found the ber quite homely and cosey, it felt alot like home and he after the barman found it quite nice to be in.

[i]'Sut naa lle' [How are you? ]

He said deciding to speak in elvish for to make it easier for Dasquian.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 12th, 2002, 08:37:45 AM
Dasquian grinned broadly. It was entertaining to pass the conversation between them in this foreign tongue, as it confused those around them to no end.

"Quel, Amin fauka. Sut naa lle, Aier?" [Good, but I am hungry. How are you, short one?]

Hrolthar Benatoer
Aug 12th, 2002, 08:44:44 AM
Hrolthan found this to easy to speak in the same tounge as his old friend did and went back to his native script to make Dasquian work for his drink, he laughed with glee.

'Gamut ai-menu'

He said rather quickly to confuse the Jedi Knight, he had fond memories of teaching Dasquian as a young man the toung of Dwarven and over the years had missed there topical debates in eatchothers tounges.

[i]'Jeramez ai-Turumz' [Would you like to eat?]

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 12th, 2002, 08:46:50 AM
Dasquian leant back in his chair, grinning.

"Yes I would,"

He laughed lightly, grinning.

"Forgive me, Ben, but all of this elvish and dwarvish is giving me a head ache!"

Hrolthar Benatoer
Aug 12th, 2002, 08:51:22 AM
'You are getting rather good at Dwarven, im pleased, however my elvish these days is hardly getting better' He sounded in his rich, deep voice that he had and made him sound rather cheerfull.

' What is it that you would like t eat then?..perhaps you could teach me the dishes they serve here..you know me and food' He said with a lick of the lips and his useral big smile.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 12th, 2002, 08:53:02 AM
"Ah they serve all that you could wish for, Ben, at a most modest price. I know that though I tend towards the simpler things in life, you are partial to more rich things - so how about you order what ever you want, and the meal is on me?"

Dasquian flagged down a droid and ordered a baked potato with some rice for himself, then looked to Hrolthar with a smile.

Hrolthar Benatoer
Aug 12th, 2002, 08:17:25 PM
Hrolthar gave a grin and then suddenly rearlized what Dashquian was looking at him for. 'OH!, im sorry...i would like if you dont mind a nice steak t-bone if you have it and anything that goes along on the side' Ben aid with a hearty chuckle.

'So Dasquian, tell me how yougot here..i searched everywhere for you, i would have never thought you were here..i even checked consucrant but it had been taken by another faction. He said with a grin.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 13th, 2002, 11:31:10 AM
He nodded and motioned for the droid to go get the food for the two.

"How I came here? It was on the Setzar mission, the craft seized up but the cryostasis held me and my brother in place for some time, eventually allowing us to escape ... and for me to find myself here."

Hrolthar Benatoer
Aug 14th, 2002, 02:58:37 AM
Ben looked around for a few moments thinking then turned back to Dasquian with a thoughtfull frown. ' Thats right, wheres Aaron your brother?..it would be nice to see him again, although we were never as close as you and i...' Ben questoned as if Dasquian was a child doing bad.

Hrolthar cought a sad face apon Dasquian and then Ben suddenly rearlized....'Hes dead isent' he?' Ben said retreating back into a quiet voice of sadness...'He died in cryosleep?'.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 14th, 2002, 03:13:32 AM
"He made it out of cryosleep, Ben... but he dissapeared on Coruscant. I have not seen him in months,"

Dasquian smiled sadly.

"I have no doubts he is alive somewhere though."

Hrolthar Benatoer
Aug 14th, 2002, 03:35:10 AM
The Dwarf sighed with a annoyed look towards Dasquian, he did not know the whole story, but what he did know was Dasquian was supposed to look after Aaron on the promise to his mother.

'He was not as resourceful as your Dasquian, he may very well be in danger or even dead..you remember your promise to your mother Dasquian?' He said calmly, as if sad but annoyed to.

' Have you looked for him at all?..you two were close as if the force itself could not part you...' He asked leaning his stocky body in owards Dasquian half shouting.

He was worried!, they had been a trio back then over 200 years ago, and when a gang splits up it very hurtfull.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 14th, 2002, 03:50:31 AM
"The Diktat Viscera may have him, but I do not know the mans whereabouts. I miss him dearly, Ben, but I have duties to tend to here - I cannot go on a chase across the galaxy to find Aaron."

He leant back in chair somewhat.

"The Force will bring him here eventually..."

Hrolthar Benatoer
Aug 14th, 2002, 08:43:21 AM
Ben was about to shoutbut the server driiod his interupted speech. The stout Dwarf nodded to the server driod as if the robot could understand and looked back up toward Dasquian with a excited smile, food always put that grin on his face.

'Still, what would your mother be thinking now?..she must be turning in her grave old son!' He said biting down viciosly on the steak. 'So, did you retain your hard earned rank as Knight?' He added with a full mouth of meat.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 14th, 2002, 08:44:32 AM
He refrained from replying to the comment concerning his mother, though smiled still.

"I arrived and was not immeadiately granted the rank. My Master thought it best that I regain my memories of my former life before I became a Knight ... though I am one now, yes."

Hrolthar Benatoer
Aug 14th, 2002, 08:50:26 AM
'Memories?' He looked up from his food with a frown trying to understand what the Knight was talking about. ' What in the blimmie are you talking about old friend...what to you mean memory loss?.. how can you lose your memories in a cry-chamber?' He said still chewing on the same slice of meat thoughtfully.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 14th, 2002, 08:52:44 AM
Dasquian scooped up a small pile of rile and popped it in his mouth.

"Since there was a malfunction in the craft, we were in the chambers longer than predicted - obviously. This meant out minds were temporarily affected. Myself and Aaron were left with very little knowledge of ourselves for over a month, and I only located my past with the aid of a Jedi Knight named Navaria Tarkin."

Hrolthar Benatoer
Aug 14th, 2002, 09:04:16 AM
'Dont speak with your mouthfull child..its rude' He said, doing exsactly the same thing with his meat, he waited for a moment and laughed. ' You know...with all this, your family would be pleased to see there grandfather...it would be a shock...but...they talk about you even these days...and Aaron!' he smiled through his thick beard.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 14th, 2002, 10:06:40 AM
"Tell me of them, Ben. I very much want to here how they have grown up..."

Hrolthar Benatoer
Aug 14th, 2002, 10:30:31 AM
'Well...like i said, your son was in a tragic accident' He began with a sad look through his brown braided beard.' He was hit by a mine digger about 60 years ago, i hate to tell you this but there not enough of his...well..you know...we could not bury ALL of the body, but he was given a good send off i can assure you..i saw to it myself...' He said with a sad smile knowing at this point he could not hold anything back to keep Dasquian happy..it was the truth or nothing, it was just bens nature.

'As to your grandson and daughter, well..there just little raskals!...they know of your honor in the Jedi and such, i made sure they did...Vermillion is 24 and wants to be a jedi just like you he said..just like "Grampa" after my stories i uused to tell them about you and your journeys....as for Kitiana, well..shes just a good girl she is...very quiet and lawfull i think she might go to law school..she wants something to doin that line of work..shes now 26' He said loudly plucking a slice of meat from his plate and stuffinf the whole thing in his mouth with a smile.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 14th, 2002, 10:57:08 AM
It was not too saddening to hear of Sulli's passing, as he had already thought the boy was dead. What brought a huge smile to his face however was the thought of Vermillion and Kitiana. He was literally beaming atthe thought. He carved off a bit of his baked potato and chewed it quickly and thoughtfully before speaking.

"Do they still live in the community at home?"

Hrolthar Benatoer
Aug 14th, 2002, 11:16:30 AM
The face on Dasquian made Ben grunt in excitment.'All of your family live at the community still yusss!' He said in his powerfull voice. 'However your grandson has expressed several times he would like to come here and learn the Jedi ways...he holds you very highly in his heart..and he looked just like you...exsept he had shorter hair' Ben said again, stuffing a cut patatoe into his mouth.

' Its very much more alive these days..more so than when you were there.' He added with a full mouth.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 15th, 2002, 03:59:06 AM
"Looks just like me?"

Dasquian chuckled.

"I shall have to ask for leave to travel to our home soon so that I might meet with the community."

Hrolthar Benatoer
Aug 15th, 2002, 08:25:11 AM
' Would you wish me to come with you?..or would you trust to go on your own?' He said this time with his mouth empty.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 15th, 2002, 09:15:26 AM
"Oh Ben it would be excellent if you came with me, to introduce me to everyone," he said with a beaming smile.

Hrolthar Benatoer
Aug 17th, 2002, 07:06:56 AM
'Then lets finish this and go to the council...'Im sure they will accept our proposal...after all it is your history and family and you have not seen them over two hundred years![/i] he laughed merrily

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 17th, 2002, 07:08:18 AM
"No, no. I do not wish to go yet ... perhaps in a few weeks time..."

Hrolthar Benatoer
Aug 17th, 2002, 07:14:54 AM
The dwarf raised his bushy brow.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 17th, 2002, 07:30:35 AM
"I will need some time to prepare, as I have said. Also, I have duties and people here that I am tied to at this moment."