PDA

View Full Version : Bootleg movies

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 10th, 2002, 05:01:38 PM
I bring this subject up becaue this morning I decided to go to a local Flea Market, to see if I can find certain things, and well if I was a cop I could have made 10 arrests at least, I saw copies of several new movies for sale including AOTC, Spiderman, Sum of All Fears, AP3, etc. Even though I would have loved to have bought AOTC, I figured the picture quality would have been awful, I figured it was done by Video Camera. I just found the whole thing funny, and I pity the person who bought one of those tapes.

Darth Viscera
Aug 10th, 2002, 05:12:21 PM
Just make sure it's a Telesync by CTP.

Marcus Telcontar
Aug 10th, 2002, 05:44:19 PM
The only decent bootleg I have seen was LOTR:FOTR.

JMK
Aug 10th, 2002, 06:53:40 PM
Original Trilogy DVD's are all over ebay. I wonder how they look and sound.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 10th, 2002, 07:24:30 PM
Not sure, but some of that is done by professionals, I saw these guys at the Flea Market they were not professionals ;) so I know what they did, heck the tapes could have been blank for all I know, I wouldn't trust buying one.

JediBoricua
Aug 10th, 2002, 11:02:07 PM
I saw the DVD of the Original Trilogy once, it looks really sharp and is high quality. The only problem was that it was dubbed in chinese!

Tianje Xhu
Aug 11th, 2002, 12:13:23 AM
ummm....i have a bootleg beatles album....:)

Sasseeri Reeouurra
Aug 11th, 2002, 12:46:45 AM
I have a wooden leg.

No, really.

:cat

Darth Viscera
Aug 11th, 2002, 03:05:52 PM
the LOTR:FOTR copy that Marcus has is a DivX of a DVD Screener. DVD Screeners are sent out to film crickets so that they can watch the movie in their home and write a quick review of it. The film crickets then sell the screener DVD to a staffer or toss it in a bin and sell it to shady movie rental places later on, DJs have been doing this with screener tapes and CDs forever. Ever go to a used CD store, buy a disc and find out that it's a screener/demo/whatever they're called?

Anyway, DVD Screeners are the best quality. Telesyncs are when a guy who knows the theater projectionist mounts a digital movie camera in the back of the theater onto a tripod, and places a microphone right next to each of the speakers so the audience can't be heard. Telesyncs are good quality, not excellent, but definitely watchable.

Cams suck. A cam is when a guy with a camcorder walks into the theater, flips on the camcorder, and starts filming. The quality sucks, the picture shakes back and forth, the image flickers in and out 2 times every second, and you can hear the audience, see the audience, etc.

~Attached-example of a telesync