PDA

View Full Version : In Search Of.....[Open]

Chang Lee
Aug 10th, 2002, 02:55:50 PM
::A dark figure entered the establishment of where the Jedi gathered. He scoffed as he walked past the NRSF guards and one grabbed his arm, demanding that he disarm himself. Ripping his arm out of the man's hand, Chang unwillingly handed over his two blasters and a rail gun.::

"See if I ever come to this hell hole again.....if it was not for this stupid job."

::Chang muttered to himself and moved to a free table in the back corner of the bar. His black cloak concealed his identity for the hood was drawn up and shadowed his face. A service droid rolled over to him...its wheels obnoxious as they went along the ground, creating a squeeking that made Chang raise his arm to backhand the machine. After recieving some odd looks, he slowy ground his arm down to rest upon the table.::

"I'll have a bottle of Corellian Whisky.....and make it fast.....I haven't got all day."

::Turning to watch the crowd, the Mercenary's brown eyes went from face to face. Sighing, he took out a data-pad and turned it on. A picture of a man with dark, spiky hair appeared.....and beside his face was written, "SHADE MAGUS: BOUNTY OF 20,000 CREDITS". Flipping the pad off, the young man shoved it back into his cloak hastily and resumed looking about.::

"This is the last time I will ever hunt for someone here."

::He thought in his mind. Slowly his hand rand down the front of his shirt until he reached his belt.....where he felt the concealed knife resting in a hidden pouch. Smiling to himself for the first time, he sat back and waited for his drink....and perhaps, some information.::

Xazor Elessar
Aug 11th, 2002, 10:50:00 AM
A quiet figure sat in the corner of the bar.....enshrouded by shadows. Her black cloak hid her well, and the hood covered her face in darkness. The silver in her deep blue eyes caught the light and reflected it off.....the only sign to those who knew her well, that it was even her. Suddenly a man entered the Bar....and he caught her attention. He looked.....suspicious.....and the fact that he would not hand over his weapons at first, made her wonder about him. Closing her eyes, she delved deep into the Force and focused on him.....and not to her surprise, it was revealed to her that he was up to something.

Xazor stayed in her place, occasionally reaching down to pet her wolf Companion, Kaukauana, on the head. He was good and faithful to her.....and perhaps he would serve her well at this moment. Something was bothering her....and she had to find out what that man was up to. Sighing, she decided to stay where she was and wait for someone else to speak with him. Perhaps then.....his motives would be revealed......

Kaukauana
Aug 11th, 2002, 10:59:21 AM
I sat beside my Master and eyed the same man that entered the Bar and Grill. Xazor's thoughts drifted to my mind and I raised an ear his way....wondering what he had up his sleeve. I knew it was something bad.....very bad......I could sense the life of another was on the line, but I kept my thoughts concealed, not wishing to alarm my Master. Sighing, I sat up from my laying position and took guard beside Xazor....waiting for the stranger to make a wrong move.......

The Ripper
Aug 11th, 2002, 12:16:49 PM
Something flickered across the bar and grill, unnoticeably. It was not physically visible, but it was tangible – it was the force. It stretched out into the mind of the man known as Chang Lee and clawed against his thoughts to pick out information and memories. Slowly, bit by bit, it clasped what it wanted from him and coiled back inwards towards its origin.

The eyes of its Master looked on from beneath a hood. In the light of the bar and grill, little could be soon under the shroud, though it was evident that something metallic was covering the upper portion of the figures face. It seemed that though even though they were in darkness, the man’s piercing blue eyes seemed to show brightly, glowing even. He shifted in his seat, and pushed the tankard of ale inwards towards his body, lifting it and taking a long drawn out draught of the drink.

As he sat the flagger back down, he curled one hand around it, though the hand did not appear to be human. It was covered in metal too, with the fingers apparently elongated in separate slates of metal that originated at the knuckles and finished an inch after the tips of his fingers did.

A slight cough, with a faint hint of a hiss, passed out of the hood as the figures body moved forward slightly. It lingered for a moment before rising upwards. Each step he took was accentuated by a metal clink as the rings that ran around his calf high steel boots clashed against one another. He came to the table at which Chang sat and towered about it – it seemed like he was very tall, though perhaps it was just the way his attire made him look slight. As his voice passed his lips, it was clear he was not local. His tone was very much thick with an accent of some kind, which suggested aristocracy.

“Are you the one hunting the Jedi known as Shade Magus?”

Chang Lee
Aug 11th, 2002, 01:33:22 PM
::The drink that Chang had ordered promptly arrived. He took the Whiskey in his hand and slowly brought it up to his lips. The liquid entered his mouth and ran down his throat, cooling him instantly. Suddenly, his eyes shot upwards as he watched a dark figure walk across the establishment. Chang placed his hand on the hidden knife and waited until the stranger reached his table. He spoke.....and his words were of his business.::

"Yes.....I am the one. Why, who wants to know? You don't look like my client......."

::Chang grasped the hidden knife in his hand, hoping not to use it just yet. His eyes nervously searched the Dark One before him, wondering what he wanted of a lowly Mercenary.....::

The Ripper
Aug 12th, 2002, 06:23:49 AM
"I'm not here to threaten you, so you can let go of that dagger,"

The voice replied in a rather non-chalant fashion as, without asking, the figure sat themselves down in the seat across from Chang. As he looked towards the mercenary, the azure under his hood dimmed.

"I am not an enemy, but a benefactor."

Evidently, it was hard for Lee to tell whether the man was speaking a loud or into his mind now, as there was very little movement from the figure at all.

Chang Lee
Aug 13th, 2002, 12:30:00 PM
::Chang let go of the dagger at the words of the mystery man. He furrowed his brows together, trying to figure out how he knew of the concealed weapon.::

"A benefactor? How so, may I ask?"

::He questioned with a hint of nervousness at first. It was strange....the way the stranger spoke. There was no visible movement from his body...yet he was speaking. Chang could not decide whether it was for real...or in his mind. Shaking his head, he set his eyes on the Dark One....::

"Well if you're a benefactor, that's great...but why are you here, speaking with me? And how did you know that I was hunting this man anyway?"

The Ripper
Aug 14th, 2002, 02:43:55 AM
"I will fund you, to a certain degree, on your mission to destroy Magus."

He leant forward, causing his hood to slip back somewhat - this gave Chang a clearer view of his visage; the metallicmask, resembling that of a welder. His eyes were unusual, and unlike those of a humans, and appeared to have some show of a tiny scar below them.

"As to how I knew of your hunt, I know more about you than you would like me too, Mr Lee."

For the first time, he set the drink - which he'd had under the table - on the table infront of him, squinting at Chang.

Chang Lee
Aug 17th, 2002, 04:48:14 PM
::Chang sat back and eyed the dark one curiously. He rose a brow at the mention of funding him....and a greedy smile lit up his face.::

"No bull? You will actually fund me to hunt down this....Jedi....and kill him? That's great but....why?"

::Perhaps he should not have asked 'why'...this guy was pretty creepy anyway, saying he knew more about Chang than he would have like. It's probably a lie he thought to himself with a hopeful heart. Taking a slug of the Whiskey, he sat it back on the table and eyed the dark one, waiting for hiim to speak.::

The Ripper
Aug 19th, 2002, 07:00:02 AM
"Let's just say I have a personal interest in this bounty,"

Below the line of the metal mask, a wicked smile sprung to life.

"You will take out Magus, and I his wife."