PDA

View Full Version : Gone for good, not surprising

Ciara Myst
Aug 9th, 2002, 10:13:58 PM
TC Closes shop for good (http://news.com.com/2110-1017-949044.html?tag=cdshrt)

cp:

Online chat company Talk City has shut down its Web site and filed for Ch. 7 bankruptcy. Talk City, whose assets MyESP.com bought last year from LiveWorld, shuttered the site Monday and laid off two employees, said Robert Young, chief executive officer of both companies. Talk City filed for bankruptcy on Friday, Young said.
Young blamed the closure and bankruptcy on a legal dispute between LiveWorld and MyESP, a holding company whose primary asset was Talk City. LiveWorld sued MyESP in January, seeking to collect money it alleged MyESP owed under a purchase agreement, LiveWorld said in a regulatory filing. Young said Talk City couldn't afford the cost or the management distraction involved in continuing the litigation. Prior to being sold to MyESP, Talk City went through several rounds of layoffs, including a 30 percent job cut last year.

eh. no big loss really. I enjoy online rp here and on another server.

imported_Firebird1
Aug 9th, 2002, 10:34:47 PM
You see, Layoffs DON'T Work!

Ciara Myst
Aug 9th, 2002, 10:39:35 PM
:lol Ayup, I suppose that is one way to look at it. :)

Marcus Telcontar
Aug 9th, 2002, 10:40:25 PM
No loss at all. Never liked Talk City in the slightest.

Have to admit, some good players came out of there, but the place seemed more a place for over homoned 14 y.o's.

Ciara Myst
Aug 9th, 2002, 10:44:56 PM
I agree. Do any of you here roleplay on starchat? I'm just curious as its nothing like tc was. More adult oriented and they have some really excellent rpers there. Vivid descriptive posts much like what you see here actually. No, Im not trying to get anyone to go there, Just curious if anyone here does.

Kaytor Surna
Aug 10th, 2002, 01:04:39 AM
I used to RP on TC. I stoped when they screwed up the system so much that I couldnt even find the chat I rped in. *shrug* oh well.

Vega Van-Derveld
Aug 10th, 2002, 03:25:42 AM
:wave Bye bye TC :D

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Aug 10th, 2002, 12:37:09 PM
*Sheds a few tears*

TC was my home for 4 years and I'll miss it! But the way its been in the past few months...well, I understand now from Ciara's post.

BTW, what char were you on TC, Ciara? And, yes, Ive been to StarChat.

Taataani Meorrrei
Aug 10th, 2002, 01:20:34 PM
(met Daiq for de first time in TC) :)

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Aug 10th, 2002, 02:29:38 PM
Did we meet? Im sorry, lol! I dont remember! What was your char?

Ciara Myst
Aug 10th, 2002, 06:51:26 PM
I was Sonya but that char wasn't in the starwars rooms.

Leeloo Mina
Aug 10th, 2002, 08:10:55 PM
Wow. Talk City's gone. I never used it much.. didnt like it and I'm not a big fan of chat rooms.. get sick of the kids.. it's just kind of odd to think of it as gone. oh well.