PDA

View Full Version : Invincible

Sevaan Evine
Aug 8th, 2002, 10:36:30 PM
There were so many children streaming out of the stone building. Sevaan searched the exciting faces, looking for the mop of dark red hair and brown eyes that were the exact opposite of his dusty brown hair and blue orbs. He could always tell his son from the others, no matter how crowded it was. It was the same with his wife, they had same odd red hair, almost crimson.

"Daddy, look what I made today!"

Sevaan looked down, surprised. He had been so emersed in his thoughts that he had not noticed his son. That was a first. He looked down at the little boy who was holding up a large piece of white paper, paint strewn across it. From what Sevaan could discern, it was two blobs with colored sticks. Scooping his son into his arms, Sevaan grinned and started walking.

"Hey, that's great Champ! What is it?"

The youth wrinkled his nose and rolled his eyes.

"Duh! It's you and me! We're Jedi of course! And don't call me Champ, I'm too old for baby names like that!"

"Of course! Why didn't I see it before! So, how was school?"

The tall man chuckled as his son launched into all the details that had happened. He made it sound as if he had been gone for days.

"...and then Annek pushed Lila and then Lila fell and then the teacher called Anneks mom and then he had'ta go home and can Annek still come to my party?"

Sevaan wrinkled his brow in a faux confused look.

"What party Champ?"

"Duh! It's my birthday! And stop calling me Champ...you didn't forget did you?"

It was all Sevaan could do not to laugh at "Champs" worried face. He mimicked his sons new favorite saying.

"Duh! Of course I didn't forget Champ! Don't let Mom know I told you, but you know that holo you wanted? It's in the bag kiddo."

The little boy pumped his arm in the air.

"Alright! You're the coolest, Dad!"

It was late out. The remains of cake and party decor lay all around the room. Sevaan sat at the table in his sweatpants, rubbing his eyes.

"Did you pay Murray today?"

The soft hands of his wife hugged his shoulders, her head rested atop his. He breathed in the scent of her hair, closing his eyes, holding onto the peaceful moment before sighing.

"No."

"Sev! You promised! I'm sick of his threats! I'm scared Sev and so is Rannen! You need to stop this! Stop promising things you can't do!"

Sev stood, pushing his chair back angrily.

"You think I don't know? I know Kass! I'm trying!"

Kas put her hands on her hips, her tanned skin contrasting drastically with the white robe she had worn every night for eight years.

"Well not hard enough! This isn't a game Sev! I didn't mind so much before Ran was born but this is getting serious! Think of your son for Gods sake! What are you gonna do if something happens to him?"

"Don't say that! Don't you EVER say that!"

He yelled. They stood there in tense silence. Sev lowered his voice to a whisper.

"Nothing is going to happen to him. Nothing!"

"Mr. and Mrs. Evine, I'm Detective Sloan. We have some news regarding your son."

Sevaan and Kass stood quickly, hugging each other. They had been at the station since early ther previous morning.

"Thank God."

Sev muttered, relieved. It didn't cross his mind that it could be bad news. Kass looked at the tall, dark skinned detective, frantically.

"What about my baby? Where's my baby?"

Detective Sloan sighed.

"We found your son. Mr. and Mrs. Evine...Ran....your son..." he swallowed carefully, "You son is dead."

And time stopped.

The man that entered the Recruitment center looked old. If one had known him only a few years ago, they would not have recognized him now. Pale blue eyes scanned the hall slowly. His throat closed, hands trembled slightly.

"It's you and me! We're Jedi of course!"

Even now, the voice of his son was as clear as ever. It came to him when he least expected it, when it seemed that things couldn't possibly get any worse. He had been invincible. A young go-getter, full of life, unstoppable! But four words had changed everything, forever. Just four little words.

"Your son is dead."

Shaking his head, though it never did any good, Sevaan Evine cleared his throat. His voice was hoarse, lack of conversation had done it to him. After Ran he hadn't wanted to talk. He hadn't wanted to live. Sometimes, most times, he still didn't. But there were the rare moments when he felt human again. Just a few days ago he had found the painting Rannen had done on his sixth birthday. Jedi. It had always been a part of their world. They were going to "rid the galaxy of evil". Sev knew evil. He knew evil very well. Ran had been taken from him. But their dream had not. It was the one thing they hadn't taken from him. The one thing.

"I wish to speak with a Jedi."

OOC: Olay, I know it's a bit long but I got some inspiration and voila, Sevs history just appeared:)

Azhure Darkstone
Aug 9th, 2002, 02:24:42 AM
::Azhure looked at the man, he had a look fo someone who had lost something important, but his words were strong and clear. She was not in the position to question, in her own current state but stayed none the less to observe.::

Lion El' Jonson
Aug 9th, 2002, 08:10:21 AM
Lion looked up from his seat at the recruitment center, in a corner...he had kinda taken up "hunting" Azhure to make sure she didn't kill herself, and was trying to fade into the shadows as much as possible...of course, she probably knew he was here, since they had both had pretty much the same profession...but it would be too hard if Lion lost another friend...

...and the man that had just spoken was wearing a look just like that...Lion pulled up the hood of his cloak and lowered his head again...he would know if anything happened.....

...as for the man, Xazor would arrive shortly and welcome him...into a new life...

Xazor Elessar
Aug 9th, 2002, 10:57:34 AM
From the shadows of the Recruitment Center's walls, deep blue eyes laced with silver searched the room until they came to rest upon the face of a man.....a man who appeared to be weathered by life. His words were raspy and broken....but they held a truth....a meaning behind them. Slowly the light bathed the face of a young Garou woman....about five foot six inches in height with a well built, muscular body. A gentle smile traced her lips, exposing her elongated canines as she began to walk towards the newcomer.

Her red robes flowed gently behind her like ocean waves, and her waist length blond hair was done up in Garou Warrior Braids. Woven into the braids were hundreds of golden coins which clanged together softly until she came to a stop about a meter from the man. He had his back to her, but she knew what he looked like....she had seen many faces like his throughout her life. Gently she tapped him on the shoulder, not to scare him by her sudden appearance....but to alert him that indeed, a Jedi had come.

"Greetings....I am Warrior Jedi Knight and Council Member, Xazor Dawnstrider. You sought a Jedi and in good faith you waited for one....now one has arrived. I know your heart...but do tell me, why is it you are here?"

Her words were soft and gentle...like silk upon clean skin...or the feathers of a dove brushing against your hand. Yet they held power and echoed off the walls. She continued smiling, showing through what her aura expelled.....purity and strength.....a hidden trust that he could find in her....

Sevaan Evine
Aug 9th, 2002, 11:28:01 AM
He did not turn immediatly when he felt the tapping on his shoulder, nor did he when the voice of the one who had done it, reached his ears. Instead, the man waited until he could breathe without feeling as if his lungs were on fire. He tramped on his memories, momentarily caging them in the back of his mind and heart. It would not work for long, Sevaan knew, for he was haunted, ruled by them. He would be composed now. He promised himself he would. Now if only one could erase truth from eyes. Slowly, Sev turned around, feeling exausted though he had not done anything that would warrant it. The woman before him was a soft, calm presence and had he not been who he was, Sev no doubt would have felt relieved in her company. But Sev was himself and no one could ease the past or his trust away from him.

"I came...I came to become a Jedi."

Simple, to the point. It was true, he was here to become a Jedi. But he was also here to find something he had lost a long time ago. Something Sev had not had since Rad was alive. A purpose. Something to live for. And if he could stop for other people, what he couldn't stop for himself, maybe, just maybe he could let his son go. Maybe.

Xazor Elessar
Aug 9th, 2002, 12:01:46 PM
Xazor smiled gently as the man turned around. He looked tired.....exausted even. She quirked a brow....wondering what the cause of this was. Closing her eyes, she delved deep into his mind...his heart, and found much more than one should bare. Sighing, she looked into his eyes and smiled with a nod.

"You wish to become a Jedi.....but why did you choose this Order when there are a few others throughout this sector of the Galaxy? Were you......led here.....by chance?"

She questioned softly, wondering what his reasoning for coming to the Greater Jedi Order was......when he could have gone anywhere else.....

Sevaan Evine
Aug 9th, 2002, 12:25:04 PM
The truthful answer to that question was something that Sevaan did not even want to admit to himself. The truth was that this was as far away from his home as he could get. While he could not stand to be on M'haeli neither could to stand to be away from it. He had made a compromise with himself. His sister could not understand it. Why would he leave such a beautiful home, a wonderful job, a loving wife? They had not understood the reason. They could not see how everything reminded him of Ran. Everything was a constant reminder of the life he and Kas had built. Sev could not live with it. He had been so stupid! And it had cost him everything. His home, his son, his wife....it had cost him his whole life. Whether this was just a last attempt to gain some of that back, Sev couldn't say. But it kept his son embedded tightly in his heart.

"I felt the need to travel, a change of scenery. I grew tired of my home, there were too many memories."

That was truth enough. it was all he could admit to himself much less the Jedi he had met only a moment before.

Azhure Darkstone
Aug 10th, 2002, 03:59:15 AM
::Azhure felt the presence behind her back, and looked irritated for a few seconds. She did not need babying and if trouble came along she was sure she could handle it. nether the less he was a friend and his concern was nice, though she would have liked to know the reasons behind his activites. Still... there was no need for this.::

How hard did you work to try to hunt me this time friend?

::She looked at the newcomer, he was obviously hiding somehting, and to what that was could be bad or good, he looked like a certain familiar race, though to what she couldnt figure out exactly. It had been a place she had had business on a few times. Walking out she smiled at him in greeting, though said nothing. Xazor knew what she was doing and needed no interruption.::

Xazor Elessar
Aug 11th, 2002, 09:30:58 AM
Xazor lofted a brow and then narrowed her eyes at the man.

"You come here on travel? The Jedi do not seek entertainment.....if that is what you are looking for here. Please, give me some reason as to why you should be allowed here. I have a feeling that you are hiding many a things from me.....but know that I can see your mind and I can read your heart....."

Her eyes shot to Azhure who looked a bit annoyed....and then walked by with a friendly smile at the newcomer. Xazor knew what her friend was doing.....so she allowed her to do so without interruption....

Lion El' Jonson
Aug 11th, 2002, 02:43:14 PM
Lion sighed as Azhure walked out, slightly annoyed...he would tell her a story one day...and then maybe she'd understand why he did this...

Xazor was conversing with the newcomer, and Lion gave another sigh before getting out of the booth ad walking over to her.

"Hello, Mistress Xazor...forgive me for interupting your conversation..."

Lion turned towards the man, who looked like he bore the weight of a Star Destroyer on his shoulders.

"I'd like to welcome you to the Jedi academy...my name is Lion El' Jonson, and I'll look forward to seeing you around one day...goodbye..."

Lion bowed and then walked out of the center, making sure that he didn't go out the same door that Azhure did...he was giving up....

(oc: Sorry, Xaz and Sevaan, I'll bail b4 I hijack this thing by mistake...:lol)

Sevaan Evine
Aug 11th, 2002, 04:05:47 PM
Sevaan sighed.

"You misunderstood me. I chose to come to this particular facility because I wished to start over. It is hard to do so if you are still within the reach of old ties."

His eyes hardened, though it was not in aggresion or directed at the Jedi. He was merely closing more of his emotions so that he could continue.

"You are correct, I hide many things. But I only do so because they are irrelevant and something I choose not to think of."

His voice broke for an instant and he tightened his jaw, taking a breath so as to remain composed. Something he chose not to think of? It was something he could not think of without breaking down completely from the grief that he kept in a tight ball, hidden. After a moment he spoke again, quietly, nearing a whisper.

"I came here not for the want of travel or entertainment but to perhaps learn to stop others from losing what I did. Hope."

Xazor Elessar
Aug 11th, 2002, 05:54:45 PM
Xazor lowered her head and smiled to herself.

"I apologize.....I spoke out of line. Your heart is good.....I can see that. I welcome you to the Greater Jedi Order so that you may accomplish your dreams. A Knight or Master shall contact you about training soon. In the meantime, find a room for yourself in the Living Quarters.....or make some friends in the Bar and Grill. If you have any questions....find me, I am your friend here.....or ask the other members of the Order. Everyone here is very friendly and willing to help you with whatever you need."

She finished speaking with a warm smile, hoping that they had not gotten off to a bad start by her misconception......

Sevaan Evine
Aug 11th, 2002, 07:56:50 PM
He shook his head.

"No, you weren't. Don't apologize."

Sevaan stuck out his hand.

"I'm sorry, I never introduced myself. I am Sevaan Evine."

Sev took a few calming breaths. He had come too close to remembering Ran. It would have been embarrasing for him if he had lost control in front of Xazor.

"Thank you for giving me this chance."

Xazor Elessar
Aug 12th, 2002, 12:12:19 PM
Xazor smiled gently and nodded.

"I knew your name before I even saw your face......"

She winked at him slightly and bowed once again.

"And it was you who gave yourself a chance......all I did was listen to your heart...."

Azhure Darkstone
Aug 12th, 2002, 09:28:46 PM
:;Azhure watched him go and nodded towards the newcomer a silent welcome then left in another door. He was a friend but she was not as yet happy about being watched. She did not want to hurt a friend, and felt strangely slightly bad as if she had. But independace and the instinct ran deep into her mind of having a silent shadow that could be unseen::

OOC: neither do I want to hi-jack so laterz dudes.

Sevaan Evine
Aug 14th, 2002, 07:39:45 PM
The faintest of smiles flew across Sevs face but was gone so quickly that it was debatable whether or not it had occured.

"Nevertheless, I am grateful."

He ran a hand through his hair, a habit he had picked up that signalled he was starting to lose the grip on his calmness. Glancing away, Sev nodded and looked up again.

"Thank you, again. If it's alright with you I'd like to get my things from the transport now, get settled."

He could not express in words how much the Jedi Knight had just done for him, how many doors she had opened. It was, he hoped, the start of healing old wounds.