PDA

View Full Version : Friends or Enemies? (Graem)

Alpha
Aug 8th, 2002, 07:33:35 PM
Satine looks long and hard at Graem, wondering which she was. Friend or enemy?

"Graem? I have a question: Why did you protect me all these years?" he asks, looking around, for they were in the base of a Sith Lord, Seyester, and Satine was expecting some kind of trick...

Graem N Snowbringer
Aug 9th, 2002, 06:29:30 AM
I know what it's like to be without family, but it was my fault you lost your family. I was trying to make amends for the atrocities that I had committed in the name of following the path to the Dark Side. I know I should never have gone down that path...that's not what my parents died for. Just like your parents, who died to protect you, they died to protect me. Your mother, even in her dying moments saw the true nature of me and trusted me to protect you. I failed her dying wish...

Graem hesitates and seems to lose some sense of understanding that she had clung to for so long.

"I think you should leave as soon as possible Satine. You've learn the answers that you have sought for a long time. You don't want to stay here and learn more painful truths"

As Graem stopped talking Seyester entered the courtyard alone...which was a surprise in itself but Graem and Satine were both ready for any form of attack or trickery.

Still friends are we? I'm actually surprised you're still standing Graem...I would have killed you for butchering my family but I am Sith and I did kill both your families so I'm sure you'll both make an attempt on my life. Graem....you know the decision you have to make now...who will you try to kill, me or your friend?

"I think you know the answer to that question...."

That I do my child, which is exactly why I have taken certain precautions against any likelihood of my death. Kill me and you too will die. You are my daughter Graem, you should accept that and do your duty to me as your Master and father. Kill the troublesome Jedi and be done with it. His family ruined any chance of a happy family. Who do you think was responsible for your family's massacre....not I, nor your uncle.

:He looks squarely at Satine and points. the hatred clear in his eyes:

His royal family orchestrated the attack. Even making sure you were away from home, to ensure that you would fester hatred for those whom you thought were responsible.

"Do you seriously expect me to believe you? You've done nothing to suggest that you didn't murder my family. All I want from you is the medallions you took from my family and I want the location of the place where you dumped the bodies of my family. I want to say my final farewells. Just do as I ask and then we're leaving. Your day for death will come when you least expect it"

Alpha
Aug 9th, 2002, 07:06:08 AM
Satine's eyes widen as Seyester blames him.

"That's the biggest bunch of dren ever! My family was the ruling family on Kirin Taq. They had very little power outside the system that planet was in. And besides, do I need to quote what you said a few minutes ago? You said 'but I am sith and I did kill both you families'. That's what you said." the Jedi Knight says, his eyes blazing.

Graem N Snowbringer
Aug 9th, 2002, 07:16:38 AM
It was worth a try. I suppose I do take far too much pride in the fact that I can butcher your families and stay alive for this length of time.Graem I expected far more of you. You had your chances to kill me and you failed. Need I teach you another lesson in obeying me or can you remember that well enough for yourself?

Graem looked squarely at Satine and came to a sudden, terrifying decision. She knew what she had to do to end this... She took out her lightsaber but did not ignite it yet. She just hoped her plan worked out as she hoped

Alpha
Aug 9th, 2002, 07:34:58 AM
Seeing the unlit sabre out, Satine looks questioningly, and ignites his wrist sabres, forming a Force shield in front of him.

"Graem, what is going on? and can I kill this waste of evolution?"

Graem N Snowbringer
Aug 9th, 2002, 07:48:12 AM
"You could try but you don't need to waste your time and effort. He really doesn't realise that his end is extremely nigh. He's as good as dead. Just watch and see

Father....for I will grant you that title for this first and last time, you underestimated my hatred of you and my desire to kill you. I'm not as obvious as yourself. While you scan everyone near you for weapons or means of killing you I know you have never has scans done of yourself....for a little agent I had injected into yourself the last time we exchanged blows. Remember the annoyance of those insects buzzing around, biting you? Well one of those wasn't what it seems. A little something I had cooked up to match your genetic makeup....

"Even now that virus is getting underway....nothing you can do will stop it...only slow it down. You won't save yourself, no matter what you try. I could kill you now to give you a painless death if you so wish....can you feel the pain beginning?"

:Graem smiles, but without humour. Her eyes have become blank and empty of any emotion:

Alpha
Aug 9th, 2002, 07:55:02 AM
Satine stares blankly at Graem. He had never seen this side of his friend before. It was evil, remorseless...uncaring...

Shuddering, Satine makes a promise to himself to never be on the recieving end of it...

Graem N Snowbringer
Aug 9th, 2002, 08:06:07 AM
"You must say that you did instill many of your traits into me....you could say, like father, like daughter..."

:Graem watches uncaringly as her father begins to feel the effects of the virus....his face betrayed his true feelings towards Graem but she didn't take any notice. Graem ignited her lightsaber and walked towards her father as he fell to his knees.

?She turned to Alpha and smiled...a look so evil that it didn't look so right upon her:

"You want to kill him now or shall we watch him suffer?"

You deserve to die slowly and painfully for all that you have done

Alpha
Aug 9th, 2002, 08:18:24 AM
"Graem...look at yourself...You're no better then he is..." Satine says, backing away from the two of them, slowly.

Graem N Snowbringer
Aug 9th, 2002, 08:22:16 AM
On the contrary I am....if you want me to I'll give him the antidote. I wanted to see if he was capable of remorse for all that he has done. He won't die instantly...this will continue for a while yet. You can leave now and I'll finish it, one way or another. Look into your heart and tell me if you wish him to live or die...and be honest with yourself and with me

:Graem watches Satine, fully aware of the pain that Seyester is going through but she makes no attempt to help her father...:

Alpha
Aug 9th, 2002, 08:40:44 AM
I see...Let's wait, then give him the antidote. I want to kill him in battle. Not wathing him die like this...

Graem N Snowbringer
Aug 9th, 2002, 08:45:16 AM
Are you really sure you want me to do that?

:Graem pulls out a small phial from a pocket in her duster jacket and tossed it lightly into the air, only catching it at the last possible moment.

"Oops this is the only phial I have, better not break it"

Alpha
Aug 9th, 2002, 08:54:43 AM
"Do it Graem. Then fetch him his lightsabre. If I'm gonna kill him, it should be with him armed."

Graem N Snowbringer
Aug 9th, 2002, 09:01:14 AM
:Graem nods and tosses the phial to Alpha without pausing to see if he catches it. She walks away, not wanting to see Alpha save her father's life. Soon she heads to her father's quarters...her heart telling her to just leave:

Alpha
Aug 9th, 2002, 09:03:47 AM
Satine mubmles to Seyester as he injects the contents of the phial.

"You better consider yourself lucky I'm honorable. I'm showing more pity then you deserve..."

{OOC:Why do I have the feeling Satine made a mistake? :) :lol}

Graem N Snowbringer
Aug 9th, 2002, 09:11:09 AM
"You shouldn't pity me, you show fear me for I should kill you. You were stupid to save my life. In doing so you're could have ended your own but I give you my thanks, both for saving my life and being a true friend to my daughter. You're a better person than I could ever be. I failed her and destroyed your family. For both I am truly sorry. If you wish to fight me so be it"

:Graem re-enters carrying her father's lightsaber, she throws it to him and stands well back...lost in her own thoughts:

Alpha
Aug 9th, 2002, 09:16:32 AM
"you may be sorry, but I don't think she believes you. Me, I'm just too forgiving. Light your weapon."

Graem N Snowbringer
Aug 9th, 2002, 09:21:25 AM
"One moment please...let me have a moment with my daughter so i can show her I really am sorry. Graem, listen to me, I'm sorry and I do love you. I know I've never shown you the love you needed "

:he walks towards Graem, trying to get through her mental shields to talk to her but finds himself securely kept out. Graem was hurting and she didn't want to be hurt again by him:

"Just leave me alone....I only saved your life because Alpha wanted me to. You deserve to die, pure and simple. Alpha let me know when you're done. I have some stuff to get before we leave"

:She turns and walks away, not letting the two men see the tears in her eyes, nor the blatant pain in her eyes.

When she reaches her father's quarters she looks around...seeing the holocubes lying on his desk for the first time.
She walks over and looks at them...not believing what she sees.
She gains access to his comp and finds his comms log and her disbelief soars as she struggles to understand the data she is seeing....until she realises it's true meaning.

Graem finds herself actually seeing her surroundings properly for the first time in a long while. Remembering where her father kept his valuables she takes her lightsaber and slowly bores a hole through the durasteel safe door...knowing that it would be useless bypassing the safe's locking mechanisms.

Once inside she finds the items she was seeking and takes them and holds them close....shedding unbidden tears as she sees the dried blood covering the treasured medallions.

Graem slides down the wall, deactivating her lightsaber. Her heart stops caring as she reaches out her senses to find out what Alpha and Seyester are doing....and waits:

Alpha
Aug 9th, 2002, 11:43:13 AM
Satine makes sure Graem is away before shutting off his sabre. Extending a field of Force shields to prevent anyone from looking in on them, Satine looks harshly at Seyester.

"I don't want to kill you. therefore, if you leave right now and never come back, then I will spare your life. What will it be?"

Graem N Snowbringer
Aug 9th, 2002, 11:52:11 AM
I'll leave....I don't want to die before Graem forgives me...if she ever does. Can I speak to her before I leave?

Graem is lost in a mist of confusion and doubt a she stands up and looks around one last time before she heads to her own room...feeling strangely at home as she walks through the deserted corridors. Coming to the door at last she keys in the security code to unlock the door and it opens with a gentle hiss as she found her codes to be still active.

I wonder is Alpha is done yet...I want to leave this place...

As she looks around she remembers the first time she entered this room...shortly after she had found out her family were death. Alone and angry she had taken the path to darkness...one she was on the verge of taking once again.

Sitting down on her bed she Force retrieved the only holocube she had that contained pictures of her family...or whom she thought of as her family...it was all a lie created for a reason she couldnt phathom, nor one she truly wished to understand.

Graem dropped the holocube and watched distantly as it hit the floor with a thud.

Graem was dimly aware of crushing the holocube with her boot but that didn't bother her in the slightest. Taking off her own medallion she stuffed it into one of the jacket's pockets, along with the others.

Walking out of the room she doesn't pause to look back on what she sees as her past...her family, her Jedi self. All those things had vanished, never to reutrn....she walks away towards the docking bays, intending to leave:

Goodbye Alpha...I'm leaving

Alpha
Aug 12th, 2002, 06:02:18 PM
"I would just send her a message. Now would not be a good idea to talk to her. not when she would kill you just as soon as look at you."

His head pops up, and Satine loks in the direction of the message.

"Go. go now." Satine tells Seyester, then sends a message to his friend.

Without me? Satine sends, sounding hurt. You'd abandone your friend like that, huh?

Graem N Snowbringer
Aug 13th, 2002, 04:58:49 AM
I'd never hear the last of it if I left without you. rogue Jedi can be notoriously hard to get rid of..but I have something to take care of before we leave...I'll join you in good time..

:Graem heads for her ship and requests information from her onboard database whilst she simutaneously sends an encrypted message to an old acquaintance asking for his assistance once again. The deed done she heads back to Alpha....only ever so slightly returning to the Graem that Alpha knew as a friend...a large part of that person had died. She wonders whether Alpha would remain friends with the person that she had become..:

Alpha...remain where you are, I'm coming....advise my father to leave before I arrive or else...

Alpha
Aug 13th, 2002, 08:32:38 AM
how did you...?

"Seyester. Leave, now. graem is coming, and you don't want to be here when she gets here."

Roger Graem. I'll be here.

Graem N Snowbringer
Aug 13th, 2002, 08:40:24 AM
How did I what?

:Graem takes her time travelling through the compound and only comes upon one other person...a guard who was soon nursing numerous bruises and a severe concussion after being Force thrown against a wall for his plain stupidity....imagine challenging her authorisation to be in the compound.

Graem walks back into the courtyard with a lot on her mind:

Are you ready to leave Alpha?

Alpha
Aug 13th, 2002, 09:22:21 AM
"Yes." Satine says, shutting down his sabres, and picking up the sabre Seyester dropped before he left. Clipping it to his belt, Satine motions for Graem to lead.

"Lead the way."

Graem N Snowbringer
Aug 13th, 2002, 09:39:05 AM
:Graem leads the way back to her ship and swiftly readies their departure....not once contemplating what would soon occur down in the compound....she wasn't one to be easily forgiving...: