PDA

View Full Version : The Red Dragon

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 7th, 2002, 02:04:34 PM
I know it doesn't come out for another two months but it looks awesome so far, the last trailer that debuted in front of Signs got me really wanting to see it, Hopkins looks brilliant in it and it looks Ralph Fiennes gives an unbelievable performance, and Norton looks good in it too, Also I found a review of it on Ain't cool News that is glowing about it and one on Coming attractions that says it should be an Oscar contenter here are the links

http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=12905

http://www.corona.bc.ca/films/details/reddragon.html

CMJ
Aug 7th, 2002, 03:18:16 PM
I am cautiously optimistic. :)

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 7th, 2002, 07:08:25 PM
Maybe I am too optomistic I don't know the last trailer though made me really want to see it. You think it will get any oscar consideration, if its really good? I figure Hopkins would get considered for a best supporting actor and both Norton and Fiennes could get considered for best actor not sure about best picture that could be more difficult, if Hopkins is as good in it as the trailers look I think he might nab a best supporting nod anyway.

CMJ
Aug 7th, 2002, 08:18:04 PM
Geeze that's a toughie. Do you really think he would get considered for another Oscar for a role he's won it for?? I'm not sure....

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 7th, 2002, 09:38:40 PM
Pacino got a nomination for Michael Corolone three times, though he never won any of them. I think he could of course who knows I guess it will depend on how good the movie is and how good his performance is.

Sanis Prent
Aug 7th, 2002, 09:39:59 PM
I've still gotta see Hannibal...

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 7th, 2002, 10:21:54 PM
>_< Hannibal = the ick! :x

I don't know if I'll see Red Dragon... Hannibal turned my stomach so badly I don't know if I can try another one... :\

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 7th, 2002, 10:26:31 PM
Well The Red Dragon is not going to be as gory from what I hear though the serial killer, the Tooth Fairy does some awful things to people, but I am not sure what I have actually never read the novel.

Quadinaros
Aug 8th, 2002, 07:37:15 AM
Carr, sorry to derail the topic, but Pacino was only Oscar-nominated twice for Michael Corleone. He wasn't nominated for Part III. :p

As for Red Dragon, the trailer does look spooky, so I'll have to go with CMJ and say I'm cautiously optimistic. I thought Hannibal was so-so.

CMJ
Aug 8th, 2002, 08:26:47 AM
I thought "Hannibal" was alot better on my second viewing. My first reaction was like Quad's, but I caught in on video a few months ago and liked it quite a bit.

"Red Dragon" has a great cast, however, the director has mostly directed comedies in the past. Is he JUST a comedic director? We shall see.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 8th, 2002, 12:59:11 PM
I thought Pacino was nominated for Godfather III, but I guess I was wrong. Also I liked Hannible too, the biggest problem though I had was Julianne Moore playing Clarice's part that was difficult in a way to overcome, though I thought she did a good job, I still wish Foster had played the role. Gary Oldman stole the movie for me. As far as the Red Dragon, you are right CMJ Ratner has never done any dramas before, I think he did some short films that were dramas but never any big movies, of course this could be his film that makes him, I do like his ideas about keeping it less gory and not showing you everything so this one will be more like SOTL instead of Hannible.

Taylor Millard
Aug 9th, 2002, 01:49:46 AM
Red Dragon is sooo gonna ROCK!

I just finished the book about a month ago and it's creepy...

And Hannibal was awesome! LD ya don't know what you're talking about ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 9th, 2002, 01:52:37 AM
:cry it was disturbing on many levels. :p