PDA

View Full Version : Harnessing Power (open spar)

Kack Mebuff
Aug 6th, 2002, 07:15:20 PM
Kack walked into one of the sparring chambers and felt around for anyone ... empty. Oh well, someone would show up soon enough.

Kack sat off to the side and patiently meditated, waiting for anyone to show up.

Sarr Koon
Aug 6th, 2002, 08:04:58 PM
Sarr walked into a sparring room hoping to find someone alone that would spar with him. This time he was in luck. A Padawan was meditating off to the side of the room.

"Excuse me," Sarr said, "are you looking for a spar as well?"

Kack Mebuff
Aug 6th, 2002, 09:26:44 PM
Kack sat patiently suddenly he felt another presence enter the room.

"Hello, yes, I am looking for someone to spar with."

Kack stood to his feet.

"I am Kack Mebuff," he bowed before the newcomer, "and you are?"

Sarr Koon
Aug 6th, 2002, 09:35:21 PM
"I am Sarr Koon," he replied bowing. "I am still waiting to begin my training and thought it would be wise not to waste my free time."

Kack Mebuff
Aug 6th, 2002, 10:38:38 PM
"Yeah, sparring is one of the best things you can do. Eventhough I have a Master, I still do it to improve my combat skills. It's odd, because we're supposed to preach peace, but at times force in neccessary."

Kack pulled his saber from his belt and showed it to Sarr.

"You do have one of these right?"

Sarr Koon
Aug 7th, 2002, 09:45:37 AM
"I dont have a lightsaber yet, but I do have a sword."

Sarr unsheathed the sword that was strapped to his back.

"Do you have one as well?"

Kack Mebuff
Aug 7th, 2002, 10:10:53 PM
"Uhhh ... a sword? That would be a no. I'm not some warrior by birth. I'm a musician!" Kack laughed aloud. "Let me see what I can come up with."

Kack walked over to the armory wall and picked up a broadsword. Heavier than a saber but Kack could handle it.

"Well, I guess this will have to do."

Kack took a couple practice swings with the sword testing it out.

"Let's get started then."

Kack bowed and unsheethed his blade.

Sarr Koon
Aug 7th, 2002, 10:41:14 PM
Sarr rotated his sword a few times in his left hand as a short warm up. Sarr bowed to Kack and assumed an attacking stance. Sarr rotated his sword once more and ran straight at Kack. He brought his sword down over his head diagonally across Kack's body.

Kack Mebuff
Aug 7th, 2002, 10:46:12 PM
Kack brought his sword up and blocked the attack knocking Sarr's blade away from his own body.

While Sarr was trying to balance the sword again Kack kicked him square in the chest knocking him back.

Sarr Koon
Aug 7th, 2002, 10:58:35 PM
Sarr clutched his chest with his right hand and winced in pain. That was one thing he had not expected.

<i/>Man that hurt. I have to be careful.[i]

Sarr regained his composure and went into a defensive stance.

"This time you can do the honors," Sarr said smiling.

OOC: How do you italicize only one sentence? The second line is supposed to be a thought.

Kack Mebuff
Aug 7th, 2002, 11:01:10 PM
Kack leapt through the air and landed directly in front of Sarr. The blades flashed but, that was just misdirection ... when Kack and Sarr reached a grid-lock Kack used the Force to knock Sarr off his feet and onto his back.

Sarr Koon
Aug 7th, 2002, 11:05:09 PM
Sarr stayed on his back for moment and took in a deep breathe. This was not going how he had planned. Sarr's opponent was a better duelist then he was. Sarr flipped back onto his feet and brought his blade slashing diagonally upwards.

Kack Mebuff
Aug 7th, 2002, 11:11:30 PM
Kack blocked the attack again. And just pushed Sarr far enough away for a moment using the Force.

"Okay, hold up. Let's discuss something here ... one, since you're less experienced than I, you're gonna have to use a hit and run method. Two, since I have more experience you don't want to let me take offense. We've got to teach you something other than sword fighting. Put your blade way."

Kack threw his on the ground and took a defensive stance.

"Now hit me ... with your fist, foot, head ... anything."

Sarr Koon
Aug 7th, 2002, 11:16:30 PM
Sarr swung his sword over his head and sheathed it. He unstrapped the scabbard from his back and placed it on the ground.

"I'm not to great at hand to hand so I will probably do worse."

<i/>Here goes nothing.[i]

Sarr jumped into the air and landed in front of Kack. He brought his fist up aiming for Kack's stomache.

Kack Mebuff
Aug 7th, 2002, 11:21:29 PM
Kack pushed Sarr's hand down and away.

"C'mon hit me!"

Sarr Koon
Aug 7th, 2002, 11:24:00 PM
Sarr jumped into the air, and rotating his body in the area he brought his foot around aimed at Kack's head.

OOC: This will be my last post of the night. I will be back tomorrow.

Kack Mebuff
Aug 7th, 2002, 11:26:39 PM
Kack reached up grabbed Sarr's foot and slammed him into the ground.

"Hit ME!!!"

Sarr Koon
Aug 8th, 2002, 10:14:03 AM
Sarr stood up ignoring the intense pain that had spreaded throughout his entire body. Sarr knew he couldn't take much more of this. Sarr gathered up enough strength for one last attack. Leaping into the air, he did a flip and landed behind Kack. Sarr took his elbow and aimed it where he knew Kack's back must be.

Kack Mebuff
Aug 8th, 2002, 01:43:09 PM
Kack knew what was coming as soon as Sarr left his feet. Using the Force he was able to know exactly each move Sarr was about to do before he could even execute.

Kack grabbed Sarr's arm and twisted it behind his body.

"The Force is a powerful ally, my friend. Learn to use it. That is how I blocked all of your attacks."

Kack released Sarr and turned to face him.

"You must learn to use the Force before you can fight a Jedi. Only through meditation and concentration can you make that connection with the Force."

Sarr Koon
Aug 8th, 2002, 02:14:03 PM
"I was thinking the same thing after my first attack."

Sarr bowed to Kack and leaned down and picked up his sword.

"Thanks for the spar. Once I am more adept at using the force, I hope to have a rematch."

Sarr bowed to Kack and strapped his sword back on.

Sarr Koon
Aug 8th, 2002, 09:49:00 PM
"I thank you again for the spar. You have taught me a lot during this brief spar."

Sarr bowed once more to Kack and then left the sparring room.

Kack Mebuff
Aug 9th, 2002, 12:05:23 AM
Kack bowed in return, "Yes we will have to do this again. Take care."