PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if I'll be around much for a bit....

Obiwan2 Kenobi
Aug 6th, 2002, 11:35:56 AM
Just thought I'd let you know. Yes, yes....I know it's not like I've posted every day here lately anyway but it's because for this past week I've had a fever. I haven't had any symptoms other than being tired though. I can keep it down with tylenol but otherwise forget it. Sooo yesterday I finally went to see a doctor. He looked at me, etc., and they also drew some blood. Well, they called today and their suspicions were correct....I have mono. I've got a bunch of puss covering my tonsils the doc said and basically the only thing I can do is drink lots of fluids and get lots of rest...and this may last anywhere from 2-6 weeks. SO...just wanted to let you know that I might not be around but instead laying in bed watching all these fabulous tv shows that come on doing the weekdays (enough to kill ya there...ugh) but mainly movies...ahhh yes, they at least save me from the soap operas ;) Anyway...gonna go lay down for now but thought I'd post and let you know what was up

Ryla Relvinian
Aug 6th, 2002, 12:04:29 PM
Watching Star Wars is theraputic. Now, stop reading this and go sleep! Hope you feel better soon, being sick sucks.

Jedi Master Leia Solo
Aug 7th, 2002, 09:29:47 AM
:: Does Yoda impersonation::

Yes..listen to Ryla you will!! ;)

But seriously.....**Many hugs & kisses**

My poor Sweetheart :( Although I've known about this for awhile and I keep telling you this every day. But...

Please take care of yourself Sweetheart. Get plenty of rest and drink those gatorades, watch those movies ;) and know that...

I love you!!!! :love

Dae Jinn
Aug 7th, 2002, 10:12:08 AM
Awwwwwwww. they should name that smiley "leia and obi" hehehe.

Get better soon! :D

AmazonBabe
Aug 7th, 2002, 04:44:18 PM
Get well soon, Obi! :)

I had a friend that got mono years and years ago (when I was still in grade school), and she missed a good month or so of class.

But at least you'll have plenty of movies and whatnots to entertain ya. :) (Laptops are good too :lol)

Alpha
Aug 7th, 2002, 07:12:40 PM
Get well soon Obi!!!

imported_Lance Stormrider
Aug 8th, 2002, 05:05:34 PM
Get well soon Obi

Xazor Elessar
Aug 10th, 2002, 03:43:34 PM
Get better dude!! :)

My friend had Mono in December and she missed a whole month of school. :( I hope that you'll be feeling better soon....watch SW lots and yes, drink your Gatoraids!!! :D Later dayz dude and we'll see ya when you return....in good health! :)

Kemille Eldervine
Aug 10th, 2002, 04:06:54 PM
What's up with everybody saying that you should drink Gatorade ? Water is wa-ay better - it's the perfect thing for those who need to drink plenty of fluids.

But get better, Obi. Mono sucks. :(

Marcus Telcontar
Aug 10th, 2002, 06:26:00 PM
Whats Mono?

Ange Tot
Aug 10th, 2002, 06:32:45 PM
Mono- The kissing dease, usually contratced through kissing another person, drinking from someone else's coke/water/juice can/bottle/glass.

That's all I know about it, and the fact it makes you very sleepy-ish and you usually don't feel like doing anything.

Drink lots o'liquid Obis, and remember to go to the bathroom in the toilet and not on your couch! j/k.

Taylor Millard
Aug 10th, 2002, 06:33:07 PM
The 'kissing' disease. People are real tired, don't feel well. You sleep a lot. It's not the best sickness to have.

Jedi Master Leia Solo
Aug 10th, 2002, 08:27:34 PM
Yes...*sigh* That is "mono". :(:(

There's a chance (well seems like it) I gave it to Obi. See a few weeks before Jas got it, I ran a low grade fever for a bit. My mom was saying I should keep an eye on it. I got better, so it seemed. I really don't know how I would have got it. Although I deal with the public at McD's soooo who knows:(:( It kills me to think I gave it to him:( Needless to say I check on my Sweetie every day.

Sooooo..that's it. I suppose. And the gatorades, is something his mom suggested he drinks and well I know that . So that is why I mentioned it.

Anyway...Sweetheart..if you read this...Please stop reading ;) and get rest. And *hugs* again...I am so sorry:(:(

I love you :love

JaAku Dama
Aug 10th, 2002, 08:33:05 PM
:lol

I had mono, but everyone just assumed it was depression! :lol

ReaperFett
Aug 10th, 2002, 08:51:14 PM
doesnt mono mean one?

Anyway, get well soon :)

Dae Jinn
Aug 10th, 2002, 08:55:16 PM
hmmmmmm, think it does...maybe cos it goes from "one" person to another? :lol

ReaperFett
Aug 10th, 2002, 08:58:24 PM
which makes two :)

Jedi Master Leia Solo
Aug 10th, 2002, 09:10:36 PM
MNEH :mneh

Yeah...it also takes "two".

*sigh* (still feels guilty)....

**Goes to bed...I am soooo tired**

Good night all

Dae Jinn
Aug 10th, 2002, 09:20:49 PM
Night. And don't feel bad. Am sure Jas had fun "getting" Mono from you ;)

Jak Brennagenn
Aug 11th, 2002, 03:45:28 PM
That sucks dude. I had mono once. Well, feel better:)

Obiwan2 Kenobi
Aug 11th, 2002, 07:05:04 PM
Ok...I'll admit it...I do check the boards occassionally lol and I find it funny you know me so well to know to tell me to get off ;) lol

First off...I LOVE YOU LORI!!!!!!!! **KISSES** :) Thank you so much for calling and taking care of me as always! *HUGS*

And thank you everyone for all the well wishes! *gets all tingley knowing you care* :) :crack

Marcus, well...basically what everyone said is what it is. I'm really tired, get drained easily so I've basically been in bed trying to save my energy, it could take anywhere from 2-6 weeks to recover from it and I'll still be tired even after that the doctors are saying....my tonsils are covered with puss, I have a sore throat....hmmm what else? Oh, I have a slight fever too...lol I think that's it. Nothing they can give me for it either. The doc said if I was given an antibiotic, it would actually make me feel worse then better. It just has to run its course I suppose.

I have NO idea where I got this from. Of course there's only one person I've been kissing (;) **kisses** Love ya! :)) but I seriously don't think Lori had mono otherwise she would've known it. I highly doubt she gave it to me. As long as I have a fever, I am contagious, but you can't get mono from just being in the room with me or being close to me, etc. You get it through saliva...the doctor even said though someone could've coughed in their hand or something, shaken mine, I could've touched my mouth and boom...saliva...ewwey at that thought lol. Anyway...

IF Lori gave me mono (and again I DON"T think she did) I certainly have NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO regrets!! ;) **kisses** What?? It's true :) *kiss* I love you Sweetie!!!!!

Anyway...fraid I should go hop in bed. It's definitely round my bed time. I know, I sound like an old person, ready to konk out between 8-9:00....oh well....

Oh and btw...you can bet your buns I've seen every Batman and Star Wars movie already...along with both Ghostbusters I and II, Speed, Robocop 2, Lord Of The Rings, Black Hawk Down, Back To The Future II, 007 The World Is Not Enough, Mystery Men....hmmm I KNOW there's more but I'm drawing a blank....and of course I've been playing video games galore! :p

Ok...brain...fading...nighty night...so...sleeepy.....:zzz

Aug 12th, 2002, 01:57:52 PM
Too much love :x

Alpha
Aug 12th, 2002, 07:27:58 PM
:lol

Jedi Master Leia Solo
Aug 12th, 2002, 08:29:28 PM
**Bops her padawan: Lance & Alpha with a Nerf Lightsaber**

MNEH :p

Obi: I LOVE YOU TOO BABE!! *kiss* :love I am sooo glad you are doing so much better. You sounded GREAT today!

Kelt Simoson
Aug 12th, 2002, 10:20:28 PM
Love is in the air, everywere i look around...

Alpha
Aug 13th, 2002, 09:08:07 AM
Really...:)

ReaperFett
Aug 13th, 2002, 11:33:36 AM
Doesnt look at me then :)

Aug 13th, 2002, 12:50:12 PM
X_x Me either

Kelt Simoson
Aug 14th, 2002, 09:43:56 AM
How would you like me to get Cupid Marcus to shoot an arrow in ya but hmm?....like i said..LOVE IS IN THE AIR!