PDA

View Full Version : Pure genius (Morgan)

Daniel Zeiler
Aug 5th, 2002, 08:09:44 PM
The night was still young when Daniel Zeiler stepped into the busy establishment. He scurried past the guard at the door, keeping his gaze relaxed. While the boy looked bored, he was in fact very interested in the clientele at the tavern. Sauntering up to the bar, he leaned back, resting his arms on the polished wood, so that he could observe those enjoying their night. After a few moments he frowned. Nearly everyone was sitting, laughing. They wouldn’t be going anywhere for a time. Dan hadn’t had very much luck tonight and he was anxious to get a hit. When he got anxious he got careless.

Ten minutes went by. Twenty. This was getting ridiculous. Dan drummed his fingers on the bar top impatiently. Now or never. He was doing this now or he was leaving. Slowly, he eased his way from his position and started walking towards the mens room, just as another gentleman came out. Dan bumped into him as he pushed the bathroom door open, muttering a quick “excuse me”, before making his way to the stall on the end. He locked the door and pulled a wallet from his pocket.

“Pay time.”

Opening it eagerly, Dan sifted through the contents. A few credit cards, ID and a rather nice amount of cash. It wasn’t a bad haul but it wasn’t his best. Shoving the wallet into his own pocket, Dan started thinking about how to get out. He could always go out the door but he didn’t want to take the chance that the man had realized his wallet was missing. He exited the stall and glanced around the room. There was a window on the far wall, above his head. If he could get to the sill, Dan had no doubt that he would be able to slip through and into the alley. The only problem was getting up there. Dan silently cursed his shortness. Maybe if he jumped. He managed to get the tips of his fingers gripping the sill, but it was hardly enough to pull himself up. Well he’d have to walk out the front then.

Hoping no one would notice him, Dan walked out of the bathroom. He started towards the exit, grinning to himself.

“Genius Danny boy, that was pure genius.”

Demon Night 666
Aug 5th, 2002, 08:23:37 PM
::Demon ran into a boy and growled low in her throat and helped him up:: "Sorry about that"

Morgan Evanar
Aug 5th, 2002, 08:32:57 PM
Morgan let the little thief go--for a little while. After dealing with cutthroats, you learned to carry two wallets.

After taking exiting through the kitchen, the Jedi Master building-hopped, following the unwitting kid. After waiting until he darted down an alley, Morgan pursued.

Appearing as only a pair of feral eyes in the darkness, he darted to and fro, watching Daniel freeze in place. They dissapeared monentarily, and the next thing the youth knew, he was hanging upsidedown by his ankle.

"Lad, I dunna like havin' my valuables lifted."

Daniel Zeiler
Aug 5th, 2002, 08:50:45 PM
Danny glared at Demon but didn't say anything. He just pushed by and continued on his escape. Usually, when he got this far, he felt relieved. But Dan was anything but. There was something else in the alley. Before he could figure out what, or who, he found his shirt covering his face, and his hair falling towards...the ground? He put a hand on his pocket, an automatac reaction to make sure nothing fell out.

"Hey!"

He pulled at his shirt to lift it below his eyes but the only way to keep a clear view was to use both hands-- something Dan couldn't do.

"Listen, I don't know what you're talking about. You musta got me confused with someone else!"

The first rule if you got caught was to run. If you couldn't run, you denied.

Morgan Evanar
Aug 6th, 2002, 04:33:23 PM
"Jedi dun't make that sort of mistake, as a rule." He gave the kid a generous shake, and he noted that there was indeed a wallet there.

"I'm going to set you down now, and show you that you did indeed take my wallet." Morgan began to lower Daniel. "Now when I do set you down, I expect you to stay nice and still, or I'll right flatten ya. I won't enjoy it a bit, but if ya run, ya bring it upon yourself." The Jedi Master lowered him to the ground, slowly.

Daniel Zeiler
Aug 6th, 2002, 06:05:42 PM
"Well maybe you made a mistake!"

Dan snapped, as he was shaken. He scowled as Morgan spoke and began to lower him, keeping a hand protectively over his pocket. Dan was determined not to let his prize be taken. How he was going to do that was beyond him. He couldn't hide it and come back for it at another time, it was too late for that. Running was no good either, there was no place to run to. The only way out of the alley was to get past this man, something the boy knew he couldn't do. Dan was starting to panic as he stood up, brushing dirt off his already filthy clothes, when he noticed a fire exit out of the corner of his eye. Increasing his distance from the Jedi by a few steps, Dan waited, not attempting to flee just yet. He didn't want to seem to eager to escape...he could still stick to denying it for a few moments. Crossing his arms over his chest, Daniel glared angrily.

"I already told ya, I didn't take nothin'!"

Morgan Evanar
Aug 6th, 2002, 06:54:56 PM
"Mmmhmmm." The two meter tall Jedi mused. "I'd like ya to remove that wallet from your right front pocket, and examine the ID closely." There was only one there, and it was Morgan's.

"If it doesn't match me, ya can go, and keep the credits in there."

Daniel Zeiler
Aug 6th, 2002, 09:06:59 PM
There was no point hiding it anymore. The Jedi knew that he had a wallet and Dan had a feeling that he knew it was his. But the youth hadn't given up yet. Reluctantly, he pulled it from his pocket and opened it to look at the ID. He already knew it belonged to man but he pretended to take a good look anyways. Daniel closed it again and returned it to his pocket. He shook his head and took a few more steps backwards, just below the rusted metal ladder that scaled the building.

"I told ya. It ain't yours. I'm goin' home now."

He hoped that someone had left a window open. If anyone even lived in the building. He didn't even know what was inside. It didn't matter though, as long as it got him away.

Morgan Evanar
Aug 9th, 2002, 12:18:43 PM
Morgan lept up, did a half cartwheel in the air, grabbing the ladder with a loud clang. He looked rather like a lizard on a wall, and looked Daniel right in the eye.

"Runnin will do ya no good. Can I have my wallet back now?"

Daniel Zeiler
Aug 10th, 2002, 01:25:20 PM
The quick reaction of the Jedi startled Dan and for a moment he couldn't say anything. He just stared back, unsure of what to do.

"If I had it, I'd give it to you! But I don't got nothin' of yours! Leave me alone!"

Running would do him no good? Maybe not but it was better than standing there, dumbstruck. It at least gave him some feeling of control. Moving away from the ladder, Dan ran full tilt down the alley. As he ran, he turned his head to look behind him...and tumbled over an old cardboard box. The boy flipped over it and skidded to the side, coming to a halt at the wall. He rolled over onto his stomach, preparing to lift himself up.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid!"

Morgan Evanar
Aug 12th, 2002, 03:43:33 PM
Daniel was lifted up again, by his ankle.

"Lad, I told ya not to run." Morgan shook him until his wallet fell out, and pulled it to his hand. A cursory examination revealed that it was his.

"And ya lied to me. Now what am I going to do with you?"

Daniel Zeiler
Aug 12th, 2002, 10:08:15 PM
"Would you stop doing that!"

His words were jolted as he shook. Well wasn't this grand! The best situation to be in. Dan snorted to himself. He was running through every trick in his head to figure out a way out of this one. Crossing his arms over his chest, which looked rather comical considering his position, Daniel plastered a look of surprise on his face.

"I what? I lied to you? No I didn't! I honestly didn't think that was you, was that you? It doesn't bear any resemblance, none at all! That's the downfall of not updating your ID, it can result in misunderstandings."

He knodded like he knew from experience. The youth clapped his hands together as if moving on to the next order of business.

"Now that we've sorted through that little mess, I'm sure you'd be more than happy to let me go on my way. I mean, you must have tons of stuff to do and I don't want to hold you up so...it was nice meeting you?"

Morgan Evanar
Aug 14th, 2002, 12:44:17 PM
Morgan sighed and started to walk out of the alley. Daniel still dangled upside-down.

"The ID is two months old, and it looks exactly like me. Now, I'm beggining to get annoyed, but I hafta say, I'm admiring your persistance. So who am I going to turn you over to? Your parents, which I assume you don't have for various reasons. A hunch. Theres the local shelters, and of course, the police. Police around here don't like thieves, if you haven't noticed."

The kid was getting rather red from being upside down.

"I could set you down, and you could not run, and then not wake up with a terrible headache. But for the overall, big picture, what do I do?"

Daniel Zeiler
Aug 14th, 2002, 09:55:48 PM
"NO! Don't get the police involved! Please, don't do that!"

Dan started squirming in his position, helplessly trying to get loose. When he realized it was of no use he stopped, letting himself just hang there. He looked at Morgan pleadingly.

"Look, I'm really sorry about all of this but please, if you have any mercy you won't get the police. They'll make me go back to the Center. I hate the Center!"

He closed his eyes, trying to think of something to do. Wasn't being upside down supposed to make it easier to think? All he was getting was a dull throb as the blood rushed to his head. Opening his eyes, Dan sighed, defeated.

"Okay. I won't run if you put me down. I...I can call my parole officer. She'll know what to do. But she's not gonna be happy. You sure you don't just wanna let bygones be bygones?"

Dan grinned persuasively, his eyes trying to convince the Jedi that it was the best course of action but failing miserably.