PDA

View Full Version : 1000 Oceans: Interlude (Complete)

Taylor Millard
Aug 5th, 2002, 01:03:52 AM
He stood by the tank, not wanting to leave. He hadn't moved for almost two weeks, ever since the hunter- Miiki Barrok- had his way with s'Ilancy.

Taylor Millard had rescued her, but not before losing five stormtroopers and almos Lok herself. If she died, he would have failed himself...and he knew this.

Why wasn't I there?

He stared at her as she bobbed in the tank, waiting to be released. It was the last of her permanent bacta treatments- s'Ilancy would have to go through more bacta over the next month or two. The doctors said she would physically recover, but it was emotionally that Taylor was concerned on.

She's a strong woman...she'll be okay.

Thomas stood behind and off to the left of Millard, clad in his normal Imperial Royal Guard uniform. Thomas hadn't left Millard's side either, standing there silently as his charge watched the woman he loved bob in the tank.

The droid next to the tank hit a button, and slowly the blue liquid began filtering out of the tank into tube below it. It would filter out of the building and into a storage facility where it would be cleaned, purified, and re-used. Such was the advantage of bacta.

The tank was opened and its occupant was released- wearing only a tanktop and shorts. The nearest doctor carried the limp form to a bed where he placed s'Ilancy. It would be a few minutes until she woke up.

Millard stood there and waited for her to awaken so he could realize she was truly a live and recovering.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 6th, 2002, 03:56:14 PM
"Why are you still here?"

"Because."

"That's not an answer. Why are you still here."

"I already told you; I'm not dead yet.

"Your body may not be, but your mind; your mind is gone. You're here now. With me."

"I don't care."

"Loklorien, you are dead; there's no denying it. You died on your ship; you reached out to me, and I took you. You cannot go back."

"I can go back, I don't care what you say. I came back last time, I can come back again."

"If you could go back, why would you want to do that? Is there anything worth going back there? You're just going to die again, no matter what. There's really no point in going back into the world of the living.

"There is for me.....

"What; who him? He'll die too; everyone does. Some people sooner than others.

"You don't understand-"

"Understand what? That you would rather live in a world of suffering; of pain and loss and hatred, than to live here; with me.......? Is that it......?"

"I know there's all that out there; I know. But there's also other things....."

".....Him....."

"Yes...."

"Then enlighten me; why should I let you stay? Why is it worth it for me to lose you again?"

Taylor Millard
Aug 6th, 2002, 06:26:59 PM
Millard shook his head.

By all readings s'Ilancy should still be alive. Her vitals were beginning to stablize and she was alive...supposedly.

But she hadn't awoken...and it troubled him.

Taylor continued to watch as Lok began breathing again. It was slow and steady, like she was sleeping. But no one was home...Lok was gone, almost like she was in a coma.

"I'm sorry sir," the doctor said, "She should have woken up by now. Shall we keep watch on her?"

The Imperial Grand Admiral gave a harsh stare at the doctor, "Yes...she is your top priority."

"But she's non-commishioned...she's not a-"

Taylor's blue eyes glowed, "You will watch over her, or else you will be transferred to the Kyrinos clinic. Is that understood, doctor?"

The doctor nodded nervously, then went back to seeing about Loklorien.

Taylor stood there still feeling helpless. He hadn't slept, he wouldnt' sleep until he was sure she was alive and well.

Lok, he spoke through the Force, even thoug she didn't have it, I'm not going to leave you...not now not ever.

I love you...please don't go.

Please.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 6th, 2002, 10:51:27 PM
"Why should you let me stay??? Good God man, look at him! For once in my life I have someone who wants me around; who wants to spend his time with me; who wants me to be with him for the rest of his life!"

"I offer you eternity.... eternity with me; of never having to die again. How can he possibly offer you anything more...?"

"He wants me...."

"I want you....."

"....... Why? What makes me so different from every other woman that you've taken from life? Why is it so hard to simply let me go?"

"... You're..... you. For the same reason he loves you; so do I."

"But that's just it; he loves me........ and I love him..... I want to be with him....."

"You left him-"

"I did not!! You called to me; how could I not answer?! When have I not answered you?"

"You have never answered me because of the simple fact that you could not hear me... "

".........???"

"More times than I can count I've called to you; beckoned for you to come to me..... if only to hear your voice; to talk to me....."

"I want to go back."

"Loklorien.... please. I can give you whatever you want; all I ask is that you stay with me...."

Taylor Millard
Aug 6th, 2002, 11:17:21 PM
Taylor stopped for a second.

It was almost as if he could hear s'Ilancy talk. He paused and listened again...No...no...must have been his imagination.

He still swore he heard her say she wanted to be with him.

Don't leave me, was all he could say...He felt helpless and worthless. s'Ilancy was there but not there. Taylor wasn't sure if she would return ever. But he hoped to whatever was out there she would.

It would have been the second time he'd lost someone he loved. Trent Donovan Millard, his younger brother, had his life stolen from him shortly after his reunification with Taylor. Millard missed his greatly, and if Lok died...it would kill him.

He stared at her body and stroked her blond hair, short after Barrok's attack.

I wish... he thought, feeling some tears form in his eyes,

"Please come back, Lok...please. Return to me...please," he was whispering now as he looked at her.

"Please."

I wish I could be in Lok's situation...if it would save her.

I love you...if I have to die for you to live...

I will.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 6th, 2002, 11:45:03 PM
"You're crying.... why?"

"Should you even ask that? Or are you truly blind to the world of the living?!"

"I do not understand."

"You say you love me; and yet you keep me from the man that means everything to me.... don't you see the cruelty in that???"

"I want you here; with me."

"But I don't want to be here. I want to be with him. Why can't you see that?"

".......Loklorien..... I love you-"

If you love me, you'll know that I don't belong here yet. I belong.... I belong with him..."

"NO."

"Yes..... and you know it too, don't you...."

"......... I......"

"You do."

"...... Yes."

"Then let me go..."

"But you came to me...."

"Give me back my life, damnit!!! Am I the only one who hears what he's saying right now??!!"

"...... No...."

"Then why won't you let me go? Can't you see I don't want to be here right now? He loves me; and I love him... I want to wake up next to him; I want to hear him talk; I want him!!!"

"Then you do not love me..... ?"

".... I do.... but I love him; I want to be with him for the rest of my life..... please.... you have to let me go back......

I need him...."

Taylor Millard
Aug 6th, 2002, 11:56:19 PM
He refused to leave. It could be seen as weak but he didn't care. Taylor loved Loklorien and he wouldn't let go.

"Taylor," Thomas finally spoke behind him, placing a hand on his white shoulder.

Millard shook his head, "I'm not leaving Thomas. If I have to give blood myself or give a part of my life I will not leave here. She's still alive...just asleep...she's breathing...her life signs are semi-normal."

He stroked her face feeling even more helpless.

"Send word to Silus Xilarian...tell him he needs to get here soon. Go now...leave me."

If only I could bring her back...I need you...

You mean the world to me...even more than Balmorra.

I need you...I love you...

Please come back.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 7th, 2002, 12:35:17 AM
"... But I need you...."

"What will it take for you to let me go??"

"......... I want him to tell me; tell me that he loves you..."

"Didn't you hear him?! Wasn't that good enough for you? How many times does it need to be said for you to understand that I want to go back? I have someone to go to; someone who loves me; who needs me.... isn't that enough?"

"If I let you go, I wouldn't be able to hear from you until the next time we meet....."

"I never knew you even wanted to talk to me in the first place."

"I do."

"Then what's to stop you from talking to me in life?"

"I have no means to reach you..... you're soul isn't open...."

"Then open it; ........ just let me go. Please. I love him; you have to let me go back...."

"... Will you talk to me?"

I'll never refuse you when you come to me; never.... I promise."

"I love you; never forget that...."

"I won't."

It formed slowly; unseen just below the neckling of the tanktop she wore, slowly rising from the bone of her sternum. Fused to bone, the thing began its meticulous embedding into her body as she lay; lost to the world of the living. It wouldn't show itself until a week later, when it would break the skin and reveal what it was. For now, it was simply a growth intertwining itself with her body; her very being.

"It has started."

"Thank you...."

"I am letting you go once more."

"Thank you....

"I shall talk to you again soon, Loklorien."

"I know."

"Goodbye Loklorien."

"Goodbye... Cernunnos..."

"I love you "....Taylor...."

Taylor Millard
Aug 7th, 2002, 12:44:52 AM
He heard it...as he bowed his head to cry.

The simple word, "Taylor..."

"Lok...?"

His blue eyes lit up as he heard her voice.

Despite himself, despite the fact she was laying on a bed and had just barely survived a horrid death, he smiled.

"Lok...you're...you came back..."

He smiled and looked in her metallic eyes- comepletely clear of the LS that had ravaged her body.

"You came back..."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 7th, 2002, 12:58:38 AM
"Taylor..." she said again, this time a little stronger; if only barely.

She had a brief glimpse of him, back on the King as he held her, and she felt a tear blaze a hot trail down the side of her face. The image of him; the expression on his features and the very look in his eyes; utterly pained yet full of... love, was something she would never forget.

"...I'm sorry..." she began quietly.... She could still see him; his white grand admiral's uniform stained with her blood.... and she said the first thing that came into her mind.

"I'm sorry I got blood on your uniform..."

Taylor Millard
Aug 7th, 2002, 01:03:21 AM
With the stress over, Millard laughed aloud.

"It's okay...I have others...See I'm still wearing it," he indicated the uniform still stained in blood.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there to protect you from who attacked you."

He stroked her face, wiping the tear away from her eyes.

"You know I would never leave you...right?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 7th, 2002, 01:24:46 AM
"I.... know..."

She smiled faintly. "I heard you... earlier..."

His touch on her skin was warm, and she felt another tear fall from her eye. To just see him again; to be alive and see him.... it was like nothing she'd ever felt before. All the times he'd carressed her, it'd never felt like this. It was as though she was feeling it for the first time; and it was wonderful.

"Taylor... " she reached a shaking hand up, her fingers almost bone thin and placed it on his chest.

"I love you..."

Taylor Millard
Aug 7th, 2002, 07:31:45 AM
"I know...I love you too," was all Taylor could muster as he took her hand in his and held it.

She was thin and weak, having lost plenty of blood when the monster, Miiki Barrok, almost killed her for the second time. Taylor felt s'Il's hand shaking and put another hand on it.

He bent forward and kissed her forehead, then smiled his face close.

"I was afraid I'd lost you...but you're here.

"Don't go anywhere please," he smiled, "I doubt I could handle that again."

Silus Xilarian
Aug 7th, 2002, 05:02:52 PM
Images. Sounds. All a mixed cacophony. Silus watched and listened. He wanted to turn away, but couldn’t. It was as if his own existence was binding him to his current position. A man screams as a red lightsaber is thrusted through his chest. The scream seemed to be unattached to the man, but it was clearly his. The man crumpled to the ground and looked over at Silus. The sound of another man’s voice cut into the scene, “Sir, we have a report of a disturbance at one of the local bars”. His figure appearing and disappearing replaced with a bar. A fight. A woman. “You have hearby been dishonorably discharged due to conduct unbecoming of an officer”. The figure of another man appeared, then was replaced by the figure of a woman. Her silhouette, poised in a position of anger. “JUST GET AWAY FROM ME”. Her voice, echoing in his ear. “I HOPE I NEVER SEE YOU AGAIN”. Behind the silhouette, the scenery changed. A restaurant maybe, or a bar. She was sitting at the table. “Didn’t expect you to turn up in my neck of the woods”. Her figure was instantly replaced by the figure of a man. The evil in his voice ringing, as if echoed in a narrow hallway, “fear me”…

Silus surged to attention. Sweat pouring off of him. He sat in his bed breathing heavily, his heart pulsing. The nightmares had begun again....

As Silus sat there he heard a voice come from the side...

Sir, I just recieved a transmission fom Balmorra. It seems your presence is required with much urgency

Maybe it was the nightmare, but Silus felt his stomach churning. Something didnt seem right, but he offered TC-10 no hint as to his current frame of mind...

Get the ship ready, I'll be out in a second. If I'm not out when the ships ready, then tell T25 to go ahead and take off...

Yes sir.....

With TC-10 gone, Silus quickly got out of bed, whirling around the room, getting ready. "why would I be summoned to Balmorra if something wasn't wrong"..."If something was wrong, wouldnt them have told me"......This is all that ran through his mind as he stepped out of his room. He headed down the hallway and started up the stairs to the main bridge...."Millard wouldnt say it was urgent unless it was".....

When Silus reached the bridge, R2-T25 had already taken off. As soon as they got into real space, Silus got the coordinances for the jump to light speed. Then, in an instance, the stars quickly became streaks as the Crimson Dragon raced toward Balmorra....

MMU
Aug 7th, 2002, 07:24:23 PM
MMU had wandered the halls of Castle Millard; almost in a trance. His larger self was being overhauled, the crash almost devastating his outer hull. He'd done his utmost best to ensure s'Il's safety.... if anything were to happen to her....

He didn't even want to let the thought run through his processors.

He'd been forbidden access to the medcenter of the Imperial compound, and had therefore roamed aimlessly through the halls of Millard's castle. He was going insane, not knowing how Lok was doing. Millard would tell him nothing; in fact, Millard wasn't speaking to him at all, instead blaming The Rascal King for letting this happen to Lok.

It's not my fault..... he muttered to himself, stopping before the doors to the medcenter. His glowing green eyes stared up, and his antannae drooped low. He had no idea what was happening behind those doors. Was Lok still alive? Was she dead? It drove his processors into a frenzy. He wanted to know. NOW.

The little avatar straightened up then, his antannae once more perking up, and he bucked up his resolve. Stepping forward, he put forth his best effort to push the doors open, and with much difficulty, managed to squeeze inside.

He didn't care if he wasn't allowed in here; he had to know.

The small droid spied Millard sitting next to a bed, bent over and whispering to whoever layed upon it, and instantly made for the Grand Admiral. He froze halfway there, his auditory sensors picking up the person's barely audible response, and after two seconds of feeling the utter joy and happiness shoot through his little synapses, made a mad dash towards Millard.

Latching himself to the Grand Admiral's leg, MMU looked up with overjoyed green eyeports as he tugged expectantly on one of Millard's black boots.

She's okay?? I heard her.... She's fine, right??!!!! I heard her!!!

Taylor Millard
Aug 8th, 2002, 12:47:32 PM
Millard's eyes narrowed at the sight of MMU and he shot a stare at the little droid. He appeared to want to kick the avatar off of his leg and send him into the nearest trash compactor, but suppressed the urge.

Leanding down, he grasped MMU by the antennae and hauled him up on the bed.

"Yes...she is alive."

MMU
Aug 8th, 2002, 05:32:30 PM
As he was set on the bed, the little avatar wormed his way up the length of the bed to nestle himself in the crook of s'Il's arm; an odd thing to see a droid do. With a tenderness not associated with anything artificially made, he gently lay a small hand on the side of her face.

You're alive... you're really alive...

His hand slid down to her shoulder as he 'snuggled' himself closer to her body. I'm sorry I couldn't help you; I didn't know what was happening... he looked at Milllard, the back to s'Il peering into her face, his green eyeports seemingly radiating concern and sorrow. I did what you wanted me to, though; I didn't bother you..... I'm sorry...

I wanted to come see you, but they wouldn't let me in here... he shot a look at the Grand Admiral, then turned to once more look at s'Il.

She smiled a ghost of a smile, and he felt a frail hand come up to his shoulder joint, then slide down to rest in his lap.

"It's ok...." she said softly.

Taylor Millard
Aug 8th, 2002, 06:04:10 PM
Millard glared at MMU, but allowed him to stay.

It was true he was mad at the droid for not watching and discovering the hunter- whoever he was- when he attacked s'Il. The Imperial Grand Admiral believed the computer system should have sensed the monster as it slipped in The Rascal King to perform its act of destruction and devestation.

But Millard also blamed himself for s'Il's position...if he'd been there he would have been able to stop Barrok. And he and Loklorien would be on Omar Prime on a short vacation, not in the Imperial Med Center at Castle Millard.

"Shall I leave you two alone for a bit? Perhaps get dinner for you, Loklorien?"

The doctor rushed up at the sound of 'dinner'.

"No solid food for a week Miss s'Ilancy! I don't want you to get sick."

Millard shook his head, "What do you reccommend then?"

The doctor clucked his tongue, "Beef broth."

Taylor looked at s'Il, "Beef broth sound good to you?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 8th, 2002, 06:19:47 PM
"Oh $%#& no," s'Il instantly grumbled, struggling to sit up. She failed miserably, falling back down to lie on the bed and glared at the doctor. "Like hell I'm gonna live off 'beef broth' for a week; I'd rather eat a duracrete wall. You bring me real food or I'll break your legs..."

She stopped then, out of breath from the small outburst, and instinctively tightened her grip on MMU before snaking her fingers around the small droid's body to search out Millard's hand, and grasped it in as tight a grip as she could manage.

Fatigue was rearing its head, and she felt the energy drain from her body.

"But right now...... I'm not really... hungry... " She let out a sigh, her entire body seemingly deflating with her expulsion of breath. She looked to MMU, then Millard, and offered both a weak smile.

"I'm just tired right now..."

Silus Xilarian
Aug 8th, 2002, 07:37:48 PM
Silus entered Castle Millard, visibly lost. He knew where it was on the planet, though the details of its interior were unknown to him. Silus wondered aimlessly for a few moments, searching for someone to guide him to where he needed to go. His thoughts dwelled on the mystery of his summons, though he was pretty sure he knew what it was now. "He probably thinks im the one shipping Liquid Silver to Coruscant", he thought to himself. He didnt know what to expect out of the conversation, save for the obvious interrogation.
Silus walked more, soon forgetting which way he had came. He searched around more for someone to help him, and soon found an answer..."Anything but this" he thought to himself as he gathered the attention of a nearby protocol droid.

Excuse me.......

No response came.....

Hey! You.....

Silus reached out and turned the droid around by the shoulder...

EXCUSE........ME!!!!!

Silus shot an annoyed look at the surprised droid, who was shaken by his rudeness. The droid, however, quickly responded...

I am 4 D.........

Silus cut the droids introduction short....

Yeah Yeah.....Im looking for Taylor Millard's office, room, whatever.....

Sir, Grand Admiral Millard isnt accepting vistors at this time.........

Once again the droid was cut short....

Yeah, thats great, listen...I was invited, so just tell me where i can find Millard

But sir, Grand Admiral Millard is busy at the moment.

DID I ASK YOU IF HE WAS BUSY......NO *shakes head "no"*.....I ASKED YOU WHERE I COULD FIND HIM.....NOW WHERE.....CAN I.....FIND.....TAYLOR......MILLARD.......

The droid lowered its head a bit then signaled for Silus to follow. Silus obliged and was soon being led down the corridor to Millard's office.....

Taylor Millard
Aug 8th, 2002, 10:18:02 PM
Taylor stifled a smile as he heard s'Ilancy beg off the beef broth. He agreed with her, beef broth did not sound too liking at this point of sucking down bacta for two weeks.

He felt her pain and fatigue as she lost her energy and lay back.

I won't leave you...although I do have to talk to MMU for a bit.

He leaned forward and kissed her lightly on the lips. They were dried and cracked, even with the bacta that was supposed to keep them moist.

The Grand Admiral watched as s'Il drifted off, then whispered to her, "I love you."

He turned and said to MMU, "Be in my office in ten minutes.

"We need to talk."

MMU
Aug 8th, 2002, 10:37:40 PM
And at that MMU's antannae drooped low.

He gripped s'Il's hand just a little tighter, not wanting to face what he knew would be Millard's wrath for something he knew he wasn't responsible for. He even sought shelter in the closeness of her body; and yet, it did no good.

Crawling slowly from the bed, he landed on the ground, and trundled miserably from the medcenter, casting a sorrowfull glance back over his shoulder to the bed s'Il slept on.

At least she was alive. If she'd died... MMU knew exactly what he would have done if she'd died...

The door closed.

Lok...

Ten minutes later he stood outside the door to Millard's office, and letting out a little droid whimper, gingerly pushed the door open, only sticking his head through the doorway to gaze inside.

You said we needed to talk... he began...

Taylor Millard
Aug 8th, 2002, 10:44:11 PM
"Yes, MMU," Millard said, behind his desk, "Please come in."

He watched as MMU scuttled across the floor to the desk, then tried to climb on it. He struggled as he climbed, then slowly was lifted off the ground as Taylor used the Force to bring him to the desk.

"Now," he leaned forward, his cold blue eyes staring into MMU's green ones.

For a second, Millard thought he was going to be angry at MMU. And he was...but he also blamed himself for s'Il being in the hospital. He blamed himself a lot.

"You and I...we both share our feelings for Lok. I am disappointed in you MMU for not helping her. You should have been there for her. Or figured out a way to help her."

He saw the droid wilt.

"But that being said," he continued, lowering his eyes, "I feel bad too. I wish I had been there for her...and kept her safe. You did what you could...

"Thank you."

MMU
Aug 8th, 2002, 11:20:10 PM
MMU stared at the Grand Admiral, unsure if what he'd heard had been truly said. Millard had thanked him; the little avatar reran it over through his processors... and fairly gawked at Millard.

And yet, his antannae drooped as his head fell; he looked down at the surface of Millard's expansive desk and sat; slowly.

If Lok would have died... I would have flown myself into a star...

His shoulders slumped as he remembered. She found me drifting over Belkadan; I was destined for the scrapyards - I was going to be stripped for parts. But she bought me, saved me, and took me in. She fixed me, building and adding onto my AI, giving me life-

He looked up to Millard then... She saved me...

His head bowed once more. But I couldn't save her... you did; you stopped him from...

The small droid couldn't finish his sentence, the thought to horrible for him to even consider; instead he looked back up at the Grand Admiral.

You saved her...

With that the little droid dropped into Millard's lap.

You saved her.

Silus Xilarian
Aug 8th, 2002, 11:37:50 PM
A noise was heard outside of Millard's office. Down the hallway coming closer. The sound of an arguement it seemed. The noise peaked at the door to Millard's office, which opened abruptly. As soon as the door was out of the way, an annoyed Silus barged in, followed closely by a protocol droid.

Sir, I tried to tell him you were busy, but he insisted I trie.......

The droids sentence was interupted by Silus's hand, which had popped the droid on the side of its head, and was now pointed to his face...

You dont say a word. Just stand outside this door here and dont let anybody in.....GO!!!

Silus gave the droid a firm push back out of the door, which shut behind it. Silus then turned his attention to Millard and MMU. "MMU musta found something about coruscant in the Strikers computer, and Millard musta found out somehow", Silus though to himself. Of course MMU hadnt tried to get him in trouble. Silus was sure Millard was just being a nosy Imperial and had stumbled across something he shouldnt have. Silus stepped forward, keeping his eyes set on Millard.

Alright Taylor, what is it thats so urgent?

Taylor Millard
Aug 10th, 2002, 01:10:48 AM
"Ah Mister Xilarian welcome to Balmorra. I see you found your way around the castle," Millard narrowed his eye a bit as Silus unceremoniously barged his way into the room.

Patience, patience.

"I called you here for a particular reason. I fear Lok has gotten herself in a bit of trouble."

Silus Xilarian
Aug 10th, 2002, 01:22:36 AM
Silus was a bit surprised that he wasnt being called to Millard's office because of something he did. This feeling passed however, if Lok had gotten into trouble and Millard couldnt get her out of it, what did he have in mind for Silus to do? Bust her out? Take the fall for her? Either way, Silus's prepared defense to the expected drug trafficing accusations were forgotten, it seemed Silus would have to play this one by ear.

Alright Taylor, you can skip the pleasantries, how much trouble is Lok in, and what do I need to do to get her out of it?

Silus returned the "Grand Admiral's" narrow look, never being impressed with figures of authority.

Taylor Millard
Aug 10th, 2002, 01:26:31 AM
Millard sighed. He knew Xilarian was a rogue and difficult to deal with...but not this difficult.

"I fear Lok is in a bit of trouble you cannot help her from..." He paused, feeling exhaustion rise in him, "She's...

"She's in the med bay. badly injured."

Silus Xilarian
Aug 10th, 2002, 01:38:07 AM
Silus sat with his eyes locked on Millard, prefering to stay purely business. If Lok was in trouble, he didnt want to be patient. Then Millard's next statement hit him. Silus never panicked, but this was probably as close to it as he could get. Silus's chair fell over as he abrupty stood. Silus didnt give Millard a second look. The door to Millard's office shot open, with Silus running into the protocol droid as he walked out, knocking the droid to the floor. Silus quickly grabbed the droid and yanked it to its feet, steadying it as it almost fell back over....

Take me to the medbay, NOW!!!!!

The droid looked in both directions, obviously confused, which prompted another smack in the head from Silus.

Did you not hear me, TAKE ME TO THE DAMN MEDBAY!!!!!

The hapless droid looked at Silus, and without asking questions, began to lead him to the medbay...

MMU
Aug 10th, 2002, 01:52:10 AM
Uncle Silus!!!!!

MMU leapt from Millard's lap, chasing after Silus.

Uncle Silus wait!!! Wait for me!!!

The Rascal King's avatar caught up to his "uncle", and he trotted alongside the man, doing his best to keep up with Silus' long strides.

He got her, MMU moaned, He almost killed her again; but she came back just like last time....

MMU knew Silus had heard of the first time Barrok attacked Lok, and he also knew how protective the smuggler tended to be.

He trapped her... then started skinning her again... just like the last time...

The little droid reached out to grasp at Silus' pantleg. Uncle Silus, she's ok though... she came back...

Silus Xilarian
Aug 10th, 2002, 01:59:57 AM
Silus marched down the hallway following the protocol droid, who was walking painfully slow. He heard his name. It didnt register at first. "Uncle Silus wait!!!". It clicked as he felt a slight tug on his pant leg. "Uncle Silus, she's ok though... she came back...". MMU's attempt to comfort Silus however, was futile at this point. Silus did stop though, picking the little avatar up and letting him sit on Silus's shoulder. Silus paid little attention to MMU holding on to his hair as Silus kept his pace following the protocol droid...

Taylor Millard
Aug 10th, 2002, 05:10:51 PM
"Mister Xilarian you will halt" Millard used the Force to extend his voice.

He marched down the hall, his black boots clacking on the tile as he attempted to catch up with the smuggler.

The Grand Admiral shook his head as he followed Silus towards the Med Bay. He knew s'Il was still sleeping and he didn't want her disturbed.

As Silus walked towards the med bay, a silver rod suddenly shot up, tripping the smuggler as he almost reached the lift. An Imperial Royal Guardsman stood, gazing down on the floored smuggler.

Millard quickly caught up, "Thank you Thomas, now go back to the Med Bay please."

He stared down at Silus, "As I said before and MMU did as well....Lok is safe and sound. She is under my protection but sleeping. If you wish to see her you will have to wait until she wakes up."

Silus Xilarian
Aug 10th, 2002, 05:23:19 PM
Silus looked up at Millard. His best friend was sitting in a medbay, by herself, injured badly. And here was Millard, trying to preach to Silus about patience. Silus quickly lept to his feet, and without breaking momentum, grabbed the Imperial Grand Admiral by the collar, then thrusted him back against a wall. Silus had that look in his eyes. He wasnt a happy camper at this point. Silus however, controlled himself the best he could, and let go of Millard. His immediate attention turned to MMU, who had been riding on his shoulders. The little guy had taken a hard bump, but was ok. Silus helped MMU to his feet, then looked around for the protocol droid that was to lead him to the medbay. Seeing that the droid was gone, Silus looked down to MMU, ignoring the Grand Admiral behind him.

MMU, can you take me to Lok?

MMU
Aug 10th, 2002, 06:10:39 PM
As he tumbled from Silus' shoulders, MMU let out a robotic squeal of surprise and he skidded across the floor to bang up against the lift doors. He sat, disoriented for a few moments before Silus bent down to help him up, and looking up at 'Uncle Silus', tugged at the man's sleeve.

This way....

Any chance to see s'Il was jumped upon by the little avatar, and he hopped up and down, his arms held up as he beckoned Silus to once more pick him up.

Taylor Millard
Aug 10th, 2002, 06:23:57 PM
Millard let out a heavy sigh, after Silus released him from the vice grip. Both the smuggler and the avatar were certainly a unique duo- both rogues and both annoying in their own respect.

The Imperial Grand Admiral felt his reactions slow just a bit as exhaustion sent a wave to attack his tired body.

He had two choices now...let Silus and MMu see their friend, or stop them so the woman he loved would be able to sleep.He figured....a few minutes would not be too bad. Might give him the opportunity to get some rest also.

"Thomas, watch MMU and Mister Xilarian in the Medical Bay. I fear I cannot keep myself awake for much longer."

"Yes sir, Taylor. Are you all right?"

"Exhausted. I'm probably going to take a bit of a nap. Keep watch over the two...make sure they do not disturb Lok as she sleeps."

"Aye sir."

Millard closed down his comlink, then walked back to his office. Even as he reached the desk he felt as though he were in a dream. He sat in the chair, behind the desk and fell asleep.

Silus Xilarian
Aug 10th, 2002, 07:06:22 PM
Silus made his way into the medbay, once again, with MMU riding on his shoulders, a grip of hair in each of MMU's tiny hands. Thomas eyed them both carefully. Silus kept his eye set on the Imperial Guard as MMU directed him through the doors to S'Il's room. He wasnt prepared for the image that awaited him. S'Il looked as if she had been to hell and back, and Silus wasn't sure that such a phrase didn't carry literal meaning at this point. Silus walked toward the sleeping S'Il, his heart felt as if it were being torn away with each step. As Silus reached her bed, he lifted MMU from his shoulders and set the little avatar on the bed with S'Il.

Oh lok.....

These were the only words he could sqeeze out at first. He should have been there. For the past month he had the gut feeling something bad was going to happen, but this surpassed anything he could have imagined.

I......I should have been there...

Silus knelt by the bed, he fought tears. He would never let MMU see him cry. It was just how Silus was,

You dont deserve this....I should be here instead of you...

Silus reached out and lightly touched her frail hand...

I will find who did this Lok...I promise...They'll pay for this....

Silus reached out and brushed a lock of hair back from S'Il's face. Holding back tears became harder, he felt his voice breaking up...

I....I love you, Lok....

Silus stood up as a tear formed in his eye. He turned to leave then stopped, keeping his back turned. If he had turned back around once more, he would burst into tears...

MMU, don't disturb Lok's sleep, she needs her rest. Keep a watch on her, and get Taylor at the slightest sign of trouble...

Silus left out of the door. Barely keeping himself together. He stopped once again, and walked over to Thomas.

I know you dont have to do this, but can MMU stay with her, as long as he behaves?

Taylor Millard
Aug 12th, 2002, 08:58:21 PM
Thomas looked at Silus, his eyes narrowing behind the visor of his Imperial Royal Guard helmet.

"Yes, he may."

He nodded as Silus made his exit then turned towards the droid.

"You're rather protective of Loklorien s'Ilancy. Why?"

MMU
Aug 12th, 2002, 09:33:12 PM
The little avatar sat on the edge of the bed, looking up at the guardsman with green eyeports as he layed a small hand on her arm.

Because she takes care of me, he said simply, as if Thomas should have already known, Because she fixed me and used me when no one else wanted me. Before she got me, I spent most of time on Tatooine, though every now and then I ferried some Hutt around when he visited other planets. It was so boring. But then he died, and I got stripped, then sent to Belkadan for complete deconstruction...

That's when she picked me up.

He settled himself closer to s'Il's side.

Why are you here? he shot back, I thought you always stayed with the Grand Admiral... ?"

Taylor Millard
Aug 12th, 2002, 09:41:46 PM
"I do," Thomas replied, staring down at the droid, "But Taylor is also my commanding officers. What he orders I follow. I may not like it, but I follow."

He shifted the Force Pike from one hand to the other. Talking to a droid was rather new to him, but he figured he might as well try new experiences. He remembered a certain new experience that had been quite pleasurable to him and hoped to continue it.

"We tend to follow orders we don't particularly like, wouldn't you say?"

MMU
Aug 13th, 2002, 12:08:04 AM
MMU nodded glumly, remembering with utter sorrow the orders he'd followed which led to him now sitting next to s'Il.

Yeah......

His antannae drooped yet again. It seemed like that was all it would do lately. He shifted, turning to look down at s'Il.

I didn't mean to; I really didn't...

His shoulders fell.

And the Grand Admiral thinks it's all my fault...

Taylor Millard
Aug 13th, 2002, 12:13:28 AM
Thomas looked at the droid.

"He may think it's partially your fault. But let me tell you a little secret.

"He blames himself even more. Taylor wishes he had been there when she was attacked. He wishes he could have stopped whoever it was that attacked s'Ilancy before she'd gotten injured severely."

He blinked then started again, "He's been at her side for two weeks now, never sleeping, and rarely eating. I've seen like this before...and that was after his brother died.

"He's been a lot worse here."

MMU
Aug 13th, 2002, 12:26:45 AM
MMU immitated a sigh, as he'd seen s'Il do many times over.

I heard him tell her he loved her...

The droid looked up at Thomas, unable to discern the man's facial expression through the helmet.

But...

He turned to face the guardsman once again. Uncle Silus said it too; I haven't heard him say it in a long time. Not since they had their argument and didn't see eachother for a while...

Before that he said it all the time...

The little avatar was completely confused now; first Millard, then Silus had said he loved her.

He suddenly wished Kyry was around to explain everything to him; she always helped him with the things he couldn't quite get a grasp on whenever s'Il was unavailable...

But Kyry was gone right now, helping Millard's techs go through the wreckage of his larger self.

I wish Kyry was here right now, he moaned softly.

Taylor Millard
Aug 13th, 2002, 12:32:16 AM
Thomas nodded. He knew how his charge cared about s'Ilancy. It was his business not Thomas'.

"Ultimately, s'Ilancy will have to choose herself who she loves. Neither Taylor nor Mister Xilarian can force her to do otherwise. And I am certain the both of them will respect her decision."

He paused at the name 'Kyry'...ah yes, the woman who they had found with her arm off.

"You wish she could shed more insight on the matter? Has she been successful in relationships such as this?"

MMU
Aug 13th, 2002, 12:47:23 AM
MMU leaned into the crook of s'Il's arm, careful not to disturb her as he wedged himself close to her body.

She's been married before, he started, She knows all about love...

But her husband died, and she doesn't talk about him anymore. She and Lok argue sometimes about men...

MMU remembered their last argument. They had a big fight a month ago though... it was about a guy...

He looked at s'Il. But I know Lok... she loves Uncle Silus... I know she does... but...

... when she says no to something, it stays that way. And she said no to Uncle Silus. She said it was best for both of them. She said that they were too alike and competitive, and that it would never work; they'd just argue all the time.

He saw a bone-thin finger twitch, then lay still, and the little droid remained quiet after that, staring sadly at a spot on the pillow next to a now short lock of s'Il's hair.

Taylor Millard
Aug 13th, 2002, 12:56:13 AM
The droid was interesting, Thomas had to agree. Annoying at time yes, but much like a little child. So innocent to the world yet still scared by it. It was amazing to see what MMU thought but also who he trusted.

"And how does she feel about Taylor?" Thomas asked as he saw s'Il move, "What do you think of Admiral Millard?"

MMU
Aug 13th, 2002, 01:14:45 AM
MMU didn't move, instead he continued to stare at the pillow. For a full five minutes he didn't move or speak in answer to Thomas' questions. Instead his processors mulled over s'Il. He wanted her to wake up, to talk to him, but he also knew she needed to sleep. He let out a little woeful moan.

I want Lok....

If droids could cry, MMU would be sobbing by now.

I miss her... I want Lok...

He was tired of talking about her; he wanted to talk to her, but he also didn't want to bother her. He curled himself up as close to her head as he could get, and ignoring the most likely odd and incredulous look Thomas was probably giving him, switched himself off.

With a click the little avatar shut down, and his glowing green eyeports faded grey.

Taylor Millard
Aug 13th, 2002, 01:21:48 AM
He's a child, Thomas realized as he watched the droid's last reaction, He truly is one.

Thomas was unmarried and, much like Millard, had never experienced a relationship until quite recent. But he'd seen enough to recognize child-like behaviour when he saw it. The Imperial Royal Guardsman loved children, though he never mentioned it. He had been the second oldest out of ten children, something he hadn't even told the Empire when he joined up.

Thomas shook his head as he saw MMU fall 'asleep'.

"I don't blame you for not asking MMU," he muttered, "I don't blame you at all..."

He remained watchful over s'Ilancy until morning. Then Grand Admiral Taylor Millard resumed his watch over the woman he loved, being quite careful not to wake her...or her sleeping friend the droid.

Silus Xilarian
Aug 13th, 2002, 07:30:39 PM
After leaving Lok, Silus wondered aimlessly around Castle Millard. The harsh reality about her current state pounding into his head with the force of a sledgehammer. As he wondered, he had instinctively made his way up, climbing every flight of stairs he came across. Soon he had found his way to the roof of Castle Millard. Upon arriving on the roof, Silus strolled to the edge and sat, looking over the city of Bin Prime. He stayed perched here, remembering the times him and Lok had spent together. As these memories raced through his head, the image of her laying in that bed invaded his senses. He cursed himself. Even after they had broken up so angrily. Silus's promise to her still rang in his head, as if it had come to life to rip away at him for betraying it. It was there, as if he had just said it....

"I'll always be there for you...."

Much of the night, Silus stayed in the seclusion of the rooftop weeping and apologizing to the absent Lok.

<p align=center>***********************************</p>

The sun shone on the horizon of Bin Prime as morning arrived. Silus watched as he dug through his mind. The events that had put Lok into that cursed hospital bed were unknown to him, though something ate at him, something he didnt know but should. The first ray of morning's sunlight crept over Bin Prime, over the buildings of the dense city and up the wall of Castle Millard. As it's light hit Silus, his mind snapped. Bits and fragments flew into place.....MMU........

<p align=center>"...He got her..."
"...she came back..."
"... just like the last time..."</p>

Silus was walking back downstairs before he even realized. First he would find MMU... Then Taylor... Then............ him..............