PDA

View Full Version : A hoverboard race (closed, Lion)

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 4th, 2002, 08:02:29 PM
Wei had saved money for a few weeks, and had finally been rewarded for all of his hard work with his very own hoverboard. Ever since the big cat episode in which Lion had let Wei borrow a hoverboard, Wei had wanted one for his own. and now he finally had one.

Wei raced about in circles outside the Living Quarters. He really wanted to show off his hoverboard to Lion. Maybe they could go racing.

Lion El' Jonson
Aug 9th, 2002, 08:37:41 AM
Lion had been walking around the living quarters, still depressed about Tomak, when he noticed Wei with a really big grin on his face...and holding a HOVERBOARD?!

"Whoa, tight! Nice 'board, Wei. You been practicing on it, dude?"

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 9th, 2002, 11:13:54 AM
"Ever since I got it." Wei smiled and hopped on it. "I bought it at the store, and rode it al the way home. It was great!"

Wei rode in a circle around Lion.

"You still have that one you lent me, right? How about a race? It'll last as long as you care to go. What do you say?"

Lion El' Jonson
Aug 13th, 2002, 08:40:33 AM
Lion nodded:

"Wei, you're a natural...where do you want to race? To the temple?"

Lion pulled his hoverboard out of his bag and clicked it on...it hovered above the ground, waiting for him to get on.

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 13th, 2002, 01:56:44 PM
Wei shrugged. "Sure, I guess. I didn;t really have a destination in mind. I sort of figured we'd just go as fast as we could and try to stay ahead of each other for as long as we possibly could and whoever gave up lost. It's an endurance race."

Lion El' Jonson
Aug 13th, 2002, 10:20:12 PM
"Hey, that isn't a bad idea..." Lion thought...this sounded like fun...

He got onto his hoverboard and practiced a few spins...turning was the hardest part of a hoverboard.

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 14th, 2002, 08:41:18 PM
Wei watched Lion practice his turns. "Are you ready?"

Wei hopped up on his board. "3...2...1..GO!" and Wei and Lion zoomed away from the Living Quarters.

Lion El' Jonson
Aug 14th, 2002, 11:13:25 PM
Lion flew through the air, the wind whipping his long hair around as he continued on against Wei.

Up ahead, the first obstacle approached...an overhead bridge...Lion weaved between two people and then threw himself on his back as the low walkway approached...and cleared it easily...

...as he flew on, he was surprised to see Wei catch up to him...the dude was amazing on that thing...

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 15th, 2002, 03:00:53 PM
Wei had noticed the walkway, but unlike Lion, Wei decided to jump over the walkway, and landed on his board as it zoomed out from underneath. Lion was fast on his feet. Wei zig-zagged between three startled people, apologizing as he raced by. This was so much fun. They zoomed by people and buildings and soon Wei noticed that They were coming up on an open market.

Draft animals, carts, lots of people...This was going to be too cool.

Lion El' Jonson
Aug 15th, 2002, 04:45:29 PM
"Whoa, crap..." Lion said as he approached the market...hundreds of brightly colored awnings were directly infront of him, as well as lots of people and animals carrying food and stuff....

It was gonna be tough, but Lion spotted a route through a few of the canopies...if he could avoid taking somebody out...

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 15th, 2002, 07:53:56 PM
Wei smiled and threaded the needle through soem shoppers, picking up an apple and throwing some change to the vendor as he ducked beween a draft animal's legs and emerged on the other side of the market place.

"Gots me an apple!" He smiled.

Lion El' Jonson
Aug 15th, 2002, 11:01:55 PM
Lion approached the small gap, and Wei flew in front of him...damn, that guy was good...but so was he...

As he flew in between the booths and the awnings of the shops, one came up in front of him that was much shorter than the rest...

"Uh oh...."

As the tarp rapidly approached, Lion readied his feet...at the precise moment, he left up, and did a backflip over the awning, and then landed on his hoverboard on the other side...

"Hey, how's that for tricks, Wei...by the way, nice apple." Lion said...that musta been hard to grab...

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 17th, 2002, 07:46:51 PM
Wei shrugged, ducking and weaving all the while. "Not really. I saw the cart quite a distance away. I got my money ready, and held out my hand to grab an apple."

Wei laughed and threw away the core. THey left the crowded area and began to leave the town, heading toward the jungle.

Lion El' Jonson
Aug 21st, 2002, 07:36:21 AM
Lion also laughed, as the core flew by and hit some poor man in the head...

"So, did the guy give you your change?"

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 21st, 2002, 08:15:33 AM
"I had exact change." Wei laughed. "Watch out!" They entered the jungle and Wei began to thread the needle through the trees, and jumping over vines and such.