PDA

View Full Version : Transition: Fate's Circle.

Zaphkel Loire
Aug 4th, 2002, 05:01:23 PM
Darnit! Who am I? They keep referring to me as a killer. But jeez... I don’t remember killin' anyone. Well, maybe a bug or two. But, that's no reason to go after me with a scythe and pitchfork! A lone figure clad in what was the remains of a duster and normal well kept T-shirt and blue jeans thought to himself, of course if anyone had seen him before he had undergone redemption they would instantly know who he is and what he was.

But he did not know anything, well. Anything short of waking up on a beach somewhere on this planet with a strange ring and weapon in his hands. The ring was a smooth black circle, much like a wedding band, but he wore it on a necklace around his neck. And the weapon was a strange sight in itself. The sheath was nothing more than a steadying pole with a strap at the draw point and a leather pouch where the tip of the blade slid in. The Weapon itself was a combination of sword blade and revolver. The revolver being the hilt and crossbar of the weapon (and also functioning part of the weapon) and the sword being the extended barrel and primary function.

Anyway, the lone man had messy red hair and a strange dragon tattoo on his cheek and extending down to his chest where the body/wings were positioned. He had ugly looking scars on the back of his hands where something was probably burned or removed by heat. He had skill, which seemed to appear from no-where at anytime. Of course, he had no memory of what his past life had been as a sith or any actions he had done then.

The figure had been Jared Mriad months ago.

Not anymore, He was Zaphkel Loire now. Unable to remember anything from the time before being discovered on a sandy beach by a group of fishermen.

“AH JEEEZE!” Zaph roared, sliding around a corner to cover from a torrent of blaster fire shot by a group of mercenaries hired to kill “the cannibalistic murder known as Jared Mriad”. Why can’t they just slow down long enough for me to reload this darn gunblade! he loudly thought, before peeking around the corner to see the positions of the mercenaries. The effort resulted in more blaster fire and roars from Zaph.

Taking a round loader from his pocket, Zaph flipped the cylinder open and aligned the ammo into the slots. Flipping the whole gun sideways to lock the cylinder back in place, Zaph held the gunblade up vertically and took two breaths.

Closing his eyes, he saw the alley behind him with the mercenaries ready to fire again. Exhaling, Zaph turned out into the alley with the gunblade aimed at the closest mercenary and shot the blaster from his hands. Flexing his mind, Zaph mentally pushed the balding man out of the way and repeated the procedure at the second closest.

By then, the third and fourth mercenaries had begun to fire and made Zaph duck back into the cover. Sighing audibly, and looking up at a fire escape with a dumbfounded look on his face. “Just my luck..” He moaned, holstering the gunblade on his left side and leaping up into the air to grab the fire escape latter. Climbing up a few rungs with nothing but the strength in his arms he traverse the complex latter system until he reached the top.

Which happened to be near the entrance to the Greater Jedi Order Registration Chamber. Below, Zaph could hear the muffled shouts of anger from the mercenaries and brought a slight smile to his face. Ahead, many robed and unrobed figures mulled around in their own personal tasks, some entered the building while others conversed on the outside.

Zaph’s lively blue eyes scanned the doors and surrounding area before he heard the mercenaries beginning to climb the ladder after him. “Don’t you guys ever give up?” Zaph moaned again, jogging lightly to the double doors of the Complex.

Hoping no one would see him to be that guy named ‘Jared Mriad’, which he wasn’t, Zaph pushed the door inward with one hand and stepped inside. The door banging shut with a loud rumble, flinching with his shoulders nearly up to his ears. Zaph examined the room he was present in, His eyes contacting with every little detail. He also noticed a few people staring at the mark on his face, the dragon, which resulted in Zaph flipping the collar of the worn duster up to hide it…

Xazor Elessar
Aug 4th, 2002, 06:17:50 PM
Xazor had been busy greeting Padawan hopefuls when suddenly she felt a familiar presence enter the Jedi Recruitment Center. It was a strange felling that she got....but she remembered this Force Signature. It was unusually....light....though. Turning from the group that she was gathered in, the Garou Knight walked over to the newcomer who had just found his way into the large complex, a part of the Temple's East Wing. The woman's waist length blond hair was done up in Garou Warrior Braids with gold coins that clanged together softly as she walked. The robes she wore this day were the color of a red rose and they flowed behind her like the waves of the ocean. Slowly she tread across the large room until she came to a stop about a meter from the young man.

"Greetings, I am Warrior Jedi Knight and Council Member, Xazor Magus. You are here at the Jedi Recruitment Center...what do you seek this day?"

She said softly, not taking note of his face or appearance at all...until she looked into his eyes. Suddenly it hit her like a ton of bricks. A bit of warning rose in her mind...as well as excitement. She gasped lightly to herself, but then smiled...wondering what Jared Mriad was doing here. A Sith Warrior of the Sith Empire....someone she had once saved on a mission a while back...someone she had faced in battle twice....someone she never expected to see here. He was a killer...he killed hundreds....just like she had. The Knight cocked her head to the side and raised a brow...waiting for him to speak before she said anything further. This was all too....strange.....for her....

Zaphkel Loire
Aug 4th, 2002, 06:30:32 PM
Zaph was in a state of semi-shock, he knew this Knight before him. From where? Hell if he could remember, but her look of daejavu gave him the impression that she knew him also. What if she knew him as that Jared guy?

Ack… he thought loudly again, “Ah.. I’m Loire, Zaphkel Loire. And, ah, I kinda.. Seek sanctuary from those guys outside.” He stuck a thumb out behind him at the doors, “Guys out there keep say’n that I’m a guy named Jared Mriad and that I’m ‘wanted’ for the murder of countless innocent people.. well.. I have no memory of killing anyone.. not a soul. ”

Trying his best to keep the gunblade at his belt from sliding out into open, for he knew not the weapon laws of this complex at the moment, Zaph offered a slight smile which turned into a questioning look. “You’re looking like you know me from somewhere, do you?”

Xazor Elessar
Aug 4th, 2002, 06:44:15 PM
Xazor was a bit shocked when the young man said that his name was Zaphkel Loire. She furrowed her brows, trying to figure out if this was a trick....or he was telling the truth. He acted disoriented...as though he had completely forgotten himself...

"Nice to meet you, Zaphkel..."

She said cautiously at first. Closing her eyes, the Knight scanned his Force Signature, his mind, his heart.....and his soul. She sighed once she realized that he really had no recollection of his life or his real name. Smiling, she looked over at the doors and threw them...seeing no one, but understanding what he met. Then he questioned her....and it caught her off guard. She did not want to lie to him...but then again, she did not want him to view her as he viewed everyone else that saw him.

"No, I don't know you....you just looked familiar. Perhaps I have seen you in a passing crowd. I am good at remembering faces."

The Knight said softly, hoping that he would find her story believable. It was a good try on her part, though. Smiling, she looked down at the floor before her blue eyes met his once again.

"So you seek sanctuary here....would you like to train with us and become a Jedi so that you may also protect yourself and the lives of others?"

Zaphkel Loire
Aug 4th, 2002, 06:58:14 PM
Zaph had almost jumped out of his skin when the doors behind him blew open, nearly drawing the weapon at his side out. seeing no one was waiting with a blaster leveled with his head, Zaph calmed down a bit..

Then Xazor said that she did not know him, but something in her eye caught his attention. Dismissing it, Zaph relaxed abit as Xazor spoke,

"So you seek sanctuary here....would you like to train with us and become a Jedi so that you may also protect yourself and the lives of others?"

"Train as a Jedi?" He spoke softly, mostly to himself, then louder; "Yes... That would be the best thing to do at the time, both for the good health of myself and others. Although, Something tells me that I had made a decision like this before... sorta deja-vu.."

He shrugged, dismissing the hunch. Reposistioning the collar of his jacket, Zaph absently rubbed the back of both his hands. The right then the left, feeling the scars. At this time, the gunblade at his side decided it was absolutely perfect to fall out of it's sheath.

The platnium colored blade struck the floor with a clang, luckly the shell in the chamber did not go off or they would most likely have a problem on their hands. Chuckling abit embarissed, Zaph stooped down and retreived the weapon. Laying the sword part over his shoulder.

"I'm hoping that it's alright for me to have this in my possession on these premisises?" He asked, absently scratching the back of his red head with a grin...

Xazor Elessar
Aug 4th, 2002, 08:57:02 PM
Xazor smiled as he spoke....knowing that yes indeed, he had made this decision before...but not to become a Jedi.

"But will you finish what you begin? This life is not easy...."

She said softly....then suddenly a weapon that he was carrying decided to fall out of its sheath. She grinned as he picked it up...and then she called it to her hand with the Force. The Knight examined the weapon and then nodded, handing it back to him.

"If that's the only one you have, perhaps I can hook you up with some other things. I am a weapon designer and I give them as gifts most often. Weapons of all kinds I design...like lightsabers."

Zaphkel Loire
Aug 4th, 2002, 09:08:09 PM
"I will finish what I've started, unless somthing greater than willpower blocks my path." Zaph stated, his eyes giving confirmation.

Then the gunblade was out of his hands and into Xazors, he grinned lightly as she examined the weapon, "I have no idea as to were that strange weapon came from, only that it has something to do with a certain ring I have. But anyway, Sometime soon I would like to see some of the weapons you designed in action."

Zaph glanced up into the air with a look of deep thought, reholstering the gunblade and fastening the sheath down tight around the revolver part of the weapon.

"..."

Salemn Lysce
Aug 4th, 2002, 10:25:56 PM
Was it possible? It had to be, for he was standing in the Recruitment Area, but under a new identity. It was Jared Mriad from TSE - with the same red hair. She had gotten a glimpse of the same dragon tattoo before he hid it with his collar, something to help hide his identity.

Though most here knew who he was.

The notorious killer with blood of thousands on his hands came here, under a new name. Zaphkel Loire. It intrigued her, yet she remained still as she watched him. Her accute hearing could let her hear the shouts of angry men from outside the doors - men wanting Zaphkel's blood. Could she blame them? No, it wasn't the way of the Jedi.

Previously, she had the "pleasure" of battling Jared, and knew why it was so easy for him to kill. He was an expect, for it came to him naturally.

She was about to 'say' something when Xazor came out, like she always did, to welcome the promising new members into their fold. Xazor's surprise was revealed on her face then quickly hidden with a serene smile. The two began to converse, when Xazor suddenly asked if he wanted to become one of them, and he answered yes. This brought a slight gasp from her, but luckily, they hadn't heard. They continued to talk until one of his weapons clattered to the floor. It was a magnificently sculpted - perfect for a killer. Xazor had inspected the weapon before giving it back to Zaphkel, who in turn sheathed it.

Amazing. He seemed to have a case of amnesia, forgetting who he was. Just like her.

He seemed most interested when Xazor mentioned something about herself crafting weapons. Could it be the Sith inside of him? But everyone deserved a chance. The girl quickly moved behind a closer pillar, so she could continue to watch from a better view. Knowing that she was shielded by the shadows, she reached up to push a strand of hair away from her brown eyes. It wasn't hard for her to remain silent, after all, she was a mute.

Xazor Elessar
Aug 8th, 2002, 01:03:54 PM
Xazor smiled gently and nodded.

"Then I welcome you to the Greater Jedi Order. You may find yourself a room in the Living Quarters, and make friends at Master Yoghurt's Bar and Grill. If you have any questions, feel free to seek me out or ask another here at the Order...."

The Knight said softly, unable to get the thought of Jared out of her mind. It was strange that he could not remember who he was.....

Zaphkel Loire
Aug 8th, 2002, 07:49:38 PM
"One quick question before you go," Zaph whispered quietly, keeping one eye on the shadows near a pillar.

"Whois that? She keeps looking at me strangely.." Zaph reported, pointing a finger at the shadows were Salemn hid from veiw. Her movement from shadow to shadow was what caught his eye and also triggered a small flashback.

Xazor Elessar
Aug 9th, 2002, 11:00:09 AM
Xazor smiled as she eyed her young friend, Salemn, for a moment. Her eyes shifted to those of 'Zaphkel' and she smiled, shaking her head.

"Just a curious girl named Salemn....she is a Padawan here and is soon to be a Knight. She is also a very good friend of mine. Maybe you should get to know her....."

Xazor said softly, wondering what was going through Jared's mind at the moment. Perhaps they had met one another in battle or elsewhere....she was unsure....but curious.

Salemn Lysce
Aug 9th, 2002, 06:24:54 PM
Just her luck. Zaphkel's sharp eyes had seen her after all.

Clasping her hands behind her back, Salemn stepped out from behind the pillar and into view, away from the shadows.

< Nice to meet you ... >

She sent out with the Force.

Zaphkel Loire
Aug 12th, 2002, 08:43:55 AM
Bang, Another flashback.

Zaph's brow contorted, he knew this jedi as well. Just the same feeling from Xazor he was feeling for Salemn. A sort've dejavu relapse which brought many questions that needed to be answered. But they could wait.

"Nice to meet you, Salemn." He replied with a curt nod,

Salemn Lysce
Aug 13th, 2002, 07:46:22 PM
Raising two fingers in acknowledgement, she looked towards the door then back to Zaphkel.

< I trust I'll see you around the Order, then .. If you need somebody to show you around, well ... >

Shrugging her shoulders slightly, Salemn smiled briefly at Xazor before turning around, leaving the Recruitment. It gave her an eerie feeling to be around Zaphkel after knowing who he originally was.