PDA

View Full Version : Ripples

Ainė Elenion
Aug 4th, 2002, 03:05:30 PM
Soft green material swished at the booted feet of the newcomer. A few strands of her dark hair were pulled back on either side, the rest hung loosely down her back. She was dressed simply, in brown leggings and boots, an olive colored tunic kept in place by a wide leather belt, and the dark green cloak that concealed the sword at her side. Deep set blue eyes glanced about inquisitevly at the surroundings foreign to her. Laughter bubbled forth from her pale pink lips, echoing in the hall. It wasn't a hard sound though, almost curling around the room like a soft breeze. The young woman walked about curiously, studying her surroundings before sitting down at the edge of a small fountain. She gazed at the water for a long time before reaching out with a hand towards it. Extending one slender finger, she touched it and smiled at the ripples. Her attention was distracted though by the distant sound of footsteps. She remained seated, but turned her back to the fountain, in the direction of the aproachee, and waited.

Xazor Elessar
Aug 4th, 2002, 06:20:47 PM
Xazor had been greeting Padawan hopefuls when she spotted a young girl enter the Recruitment Center, and make her way toward one of the many fountains in the Temple. Softly she walked up behind her and knelt down to become at eye level with her.

"Greetings...I am Warrior Jedi Knight and Council Member, Xazor Magus. You seek the Jedi, yes?"

She questioned softly, wondering what the young girl's purpose of being here was. Hopefully Xazor would greet a new Padawan and the sun would shine down upon her....

Ainė Elenion
Aug 4th, 2002, 06:32:52 PM
Ainė smiled brightly and nodded. She waited a few moments before speaking, in order to study the Jedi Knight. Her eyes searched that of the young womans, almost seeing past them. Finally she nodded.

"I...am...here...for...to...see...the Jedi."

She spoke slowly, having trouble with basic. She touched a hand to her heart and then held it up, waiting for Xazor to hold hers against it.

"I...am...Ainė Elenion, Xazor Ma....Magus."

Xazor Elessar
Aug 4th, 2002, 06:39:21 PM
Xazor smiled as the young girl spoke. She was having trouble with Basic, so Xazor tried to think of a way to make it easier for her.

"What language do you speak?"

She questioned, trying to figure out what Aine was telling her by putting a hand to her heart and then holding it up. She cocked her head to the side, hoping that whatever language she natrually spoke, Xazor knew...for the Knight knew many....and hoped she knew this girl's.....

Ainė Elenion
Aug 4th, 2002, 06:48:19 PM
Her brow furrowed, trying to think of a way to explain.

"I...not....speak...any..."

She shook her head. That wasn't right.

"I....speak....on....place...ah...I not know....know...what....talk...I....speak...there."

Once again, Ainė frowned. She waved her hands as if to start over. She put a finger on the fountain.

"This....where....we.....are."

She put her other hand a distance away from it.

"This where Ainė....uh....I wake up here. But....it....much....it much....bigger away. That....where Ainė speak talk...."

She nodded, satisfied.

"Now, I come to here. I....know...not talk...talk like....this talk."

Xazor Elessar
Aug 4th, 2002, 08:52:33 PM
Xazor shook her head softly, trying to understand what the girl was saying.

I wish I could help you speak better....

The Knight spoke in the girl's head now...in a language that all would understand for she created a mental link with the girl that would make her hear it in her language. Perhaps speaking this way to her was better...through the Force. Smiling, the Knight shifted her weight on her knees.

I am here to help you....do you wish to be a Jedi?

The Knight questioned softly in the girl's mind, hoping that this little trick was working. It worked with everyone else she had met in Aine's situation...she hoped that it would work for her too...

Ainė Elenion
Aug 4th, 2002, 11:45:11 PM
Ainė did not find the voice in her head alarming, for she had experienced thought speech before. She nodded furiously at Xazor.

"Yes....that why. I....the....place....Ainė wake there....ah...ah...there....feeling....the feeling....when....danger come....no, not danger, ah....no....knowing....yes! Knowing danger is come...that...feeling....how you say it...."

The girl gestured frantically with her hands, frustrated.

"The place....amarth....amarth it daro....amarth daro....amarth daro onto eryn."

She looked at Xazor, searching to see of she understood.

"Amarth daro onto eryn!"

Her eyes became sad.

"Estel...firith."

She grabbed the Knights hand.

"You...must....hear it. Hear what Ainė says. This what I mean....no speak your talk...my talk...it not...it not my talk. But I...I speak the talk. I say...amarth daro onto eryn...estel firith. Estel firith."

She knew the Jedi could not understand her. She bit her lip in thought. Ainė quickly pulled her sword from her side and lay it on the ground to show she meant no harm. It was of beautiful craftsmanship, detailed carvings extending up the blade.

"El-hen. That....I call...El-hen. It....name."

She pointed to the blade indicating that was what she had named the sword.

"I...come....to....Jedi. I....be....like....Xazor Magus. Amarth daro...I try to...I try to know...understand! Yes! I try...understand. But they more...gray. El-hen...no...no....Ai! El-hen no help...they are more...not all are more....but these ones....they gweria. They....bring...dśath. I....help...to...no! I must...I must help to....make....make them...leave away."

She was clearly frustrated. She knew what she needed to say only she could not explain what had happened.

"They are called...my talk....my talk call them ellon...they are ellon. They tegi....they bring! Tegi mean...to bring. Ellon tegi dśath....dśath...how...you say it? Like...like...sky...when...day is gone. No...light. Dark! They....bring dark!"

Marcus Telcontar
Aug 5th, 2002, 07:19:00 AM
Blessed Autumn? Woods? Lord?? What in the name of Iluvatar was going on?

There was not much that could draw Marcus out in the recruiting centre, but the echoes through Xazor of whom she spoke to, someone speaking broken sentances of Quenya was enough to draw him out.

He spoke to Xazor via their Life Bond.

Amarth daro onto Eryn - Doom of darkness onto the woods? I dont understand this.... Xazor, keep her there for I am coming. I wish to meet this one who would speak Quenya. I will be there in 15 minutes

Now this was going to be a rather interesting meeting.

Xazor Elessar
Aug 5th, 2002, 08:03:14 AM
Xazor was frustrated as the girl spoke. She had only met one other who spoke this way....and she did not understand. The Knight spoke many languages...this one sounded Elvish...but not the form she understood. Sighing, she got the gist of the message and nodded.

"You mean no harm, but those that come after you seek death? They wish to kill you? So you wish to be like me...to be a Jedi...."

Suddenly Marcus's words entered her mind and she tried to sort through what he was saying.

Amarth daro onto Eryn - Doom of darkness onto the woods? I dont understand this.... Xazor, keep her there for I am coming. I wish to meet this one who would speak Quenya. I will be there in 15 minutes

Quenya....she knew the name of that language, but could not speak it for all of the star dust in the galaxy. Sighing, she gently placed a hand on the girl's shoulder.

"I know you are frustrated...but I understand. I have a friend who knows your language....and he is coming to help you."

Okay Marcus...please, for she is very frustrated....

With that, the Knight sat there, eyeing the girl curiously...hoping she understood Xazor's words....

Ainė Elenion
Aug 5th, 2002, 09:25:59 AM
Ainė shook her head.

"They...not kill me. They...want....they want..."

She sighed, frustrated,

"I not knowing....right words."

She wrung her hands trying to think of the correct phrases in Basic. She felt Xazors hand on her shoulder and struggled to understand what she was saying.

"This friend....he know this talk? He hear and then Xazor Magus understand... what I speak."

Ainė nodded, showing that she had indeed understood the message. She ran her finger through the water absently, making patterns, while the other hand gripped the hem of her cloak. It was so frustrating not being able to say what you wanted to...what you needed to.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 5th, 2002, 09:40:29 AM
He watched from a short distance away, hands folded behind his back as his ears picked up on each word the two women spoke. What interested him the most was the newer woman's use of Quenya. He could speak it, but his assistance wasn't need in this instance, apparently, as Marcus was on his way. Still though, he thought it prudent to stay and watch.

"Welcome to the Greater Jedi Order, friend," he spoke into the girls mind, in her own home language.

Ainė Elenion
Aug 5th, 2002, 10:40:17 AM
She straightened immediatly, surprised at the sound of her tongue being spoken to her. Xazor Magus had said her friend could, but surely he could not have arrived so soon. Nevertheless, Ainė felt some of her desperation dissapear...at last, someone who could understand her! She was forced to speak aloud, for she hadn't the knowledge to mind-speak.

"Lye quet i lambe!"

Thou speak the language!

She called out again, a question this time.

"Ier lye i quen ya Massanie Xazor quets?"

Are you the one which Lady Xazor speaks?

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 5th, 2002, 11:25:48 AM
Dasquian paced forward towards Ainė, showing his presence so that she was clear as to whom she was speaking with. He bowed somewhat before replying.

"That I am not - I am Dasquian Belargic, a Jedi Knight here."

Marcus Telcontar
Aug 5th, 2002, 08:35:46 PM
I will be there in a few minutes, Xazor - Ask her where she cane from while I do so

Xazor Elessar
Aug 5th, 2002, 09:02:15 PM
Xazor was amazed as Dasquian spoke to the girl. Then Marcus's words entered her mind and she smiled.

What is the land you come from called?

Again, she spoke in the girl's mind in the Universal Language....it would be translated to her own and processed so she could understand it......though Xazor could not directly speak Quenya. She hoped that the girl could tell her that much.....

Ainė Elenion
Aug 5th, 2002, 09:26:14 PM
"I am glad to have met you Jedi Dasquien Belargic."

She answered, relieved that she did not have to struggle to find the words she meant to use. Ainė smiled and turned back to Xazor, returning again to Basic so that the Knight could understand....well, try to at least.

"I am telling you already. I not...coming from any land. I....wake up...and no knowing what land....what land I see. They...they tell me...make leave away...not happy I wake in that land. Ainė is not...not making leave...they bring mornie on land...make me leave away."

She sighed and then got an idea. She made the outline of a square in the air before Xazor.

"You have...paper...pictures! Yes...pictures so you know land...pictures tell you what land is called. Ainė needing picture...needing picture of Eldanor. Then I....tell you what land I wake in."

Marcus Telcontar
Aug 5th, 2002, 10:55:14 PM
She speaks of a place where the First-Born, the ones of Helenias' race and family can see the stars. Her own name refers to stars as well. She speaks of darkness being bought to a land as well. She is possibly from Arda. Bid her to take a seat and say an Eldandil is coming.

Xazor Elessar
Aug 6th, 2002, 01:35:31 PM
Xazor narrowed her eyes, trying to process the words into a formidable sentance as the girl spoke them.....but she was unable. Sighing and close to giving up hope, Marcus spoke in her mind once again. Arda.....Eldandil....... The Knight had no idea what to make of these words and she hoped that Marcus was right in what he told her.

Stay with me......my friend is going to speak to you in your own language and it will be easier for you that way. He is an Eldandil and he knows your talk....your language.

The Knight again spoke in her mind, allowing the Force to translate the words into her own speech.....for she was unable. It was interesting.....the way the girl spoke and tried so hard for Xazor to understand.

"Elye quetelye Quenya......and I do not........I'm sorry......."

Ainė Elenion
Aug 6th, 2002, 04:01:05 PM
Ainė searched Xazors face to see if she understood. The young woman had never felt more frustrated or confused. It would come as a great relief when she could explain without having to second guess what she was saying.

Stay with me......my friend is going to speak to you in your own language and it will be easier for you that way. He is an Eldandil and he knows your talk....your language.

Once again, Ainė heard the Knights voice in her mind. She nodded, giving up on trying to speak Basic for the moment. It puzzled her though, why Xazor felt sorry. It was not her fault that Ainė could not communicate.

Ryla Relvinian
Aug 6th, 2002, 04:12:54 PM
OOC: Watching this with intrest... a name from NWHAGEN, a fragment of Quenya and a touch of Sindarin. Interesting... Ma merelye kuiveyulda? :)

Marcus Telcontar
Aug 6th, 2002, 06:04:17 PM
A few minutes later, Marcus turned the corridor, coming into the area where Xazor and Dasquian was - joined by another he had never seen before.

"Xazor, Master Dasquain....who is it that spoke the tougne of The First Born? Is it this one here with you?"

Xazor Elessar
Aug 6th, 2002, 08:15:21 PM
Xazor knew where Marcus was the entire time that he was coming toward the Recruitment Center. She could feel his presence as he entered the large room, and then she looked up at him with a smile. Nodding toward the girl, she rose to her feet and bowed.

"Yes Master Jedi.....this is Aine Elnion....she wishes to be a Jedi, but she speaks Quenya....and I cannot understand her words."

Thank you for coming Marcus, I could see that she was becomming very frustrated.....as was I. I did not wish for this to be so...so I did all that I could.

She first spoke to him verbally, then expressed her gratitude through their Life Bond. A smile lit her face as she moved aside for him to come to Aine. It would be interesting how this shook out.....

Ainė Elenion
Aug 11th, 2002, 12:34:52 AM
Ainė understood enough Basic to figure out that this was the Eldandil, Elf-friend, that Xazor Magus spoke of. Standing up quickly, Ainė bowed and began to speak to him rapidly in her language, Quenya. She was confused and in her hurry to begin telling all that had happened, she did not slow to give a proper greeting or confirm he was following her. She did not even stop for breath.

"You are one who can hear my words. I warn you, they may not make sense for even I do not understand how all of it came to be. Neither can I say for sure where I have come from but the soundest guess would be somewhere within the borders of Valinor. They called me Ainė Elenion, as you have come to know. Whether 'tis a true title or not is still hidden from me as are many things. Please, I must help them for they are losing hope! The darkness threatens to claim many, I feel it pressing still on my own heart!"

Marcus Telcontar
Aug 15th, 2002, 08:24:12 PM
OOC : Complete mental blank. Will reply whhen I can

Marcus Telcontar
Aug 17th, 2002, 08:33:54 PM
Ahhh! Continuing mental blank! This sucks!

Ainė Elenion
Aug 22nd, 2002, 02:40:12 PM
OOC: lol, I know how it is. Take your time:)

Marcus Telcontar
Aug 24th, 2002, 09:58:54 AM
He had to admit, he really did not know what to say. Someone who knew The High Tougne, here was quite a throw off.

Wing it. Probably was the best thing to do now, and try to work out where this wmoan came from and if anyone sent her.

"Valinor I know of, but how is it possible that you have come from there? How it is possible that you know of the language that you speak? This is truly a surprise for me. If you can't tell me this, then please tell me more of this Darkness that threatens - what would you tell of it?"

Ainė Elenion
Aug 24th, 2002, 04:05:00 PM
"This I tried to explain to the Jedi Xazor but I do not speak her language well enough. I will tell you all that is known to me."

Ainė sighed, gathering her thoughts.

"I awoke in what I have come to believe to be the land Valinor, though I do not know how I came to be there. I did not even know who I was and even know I am not sure. The land was silent, everything whispered as if there was some...secret."

She stopped suddenly and lowered her head.

"I was afraid. There was something...I could not see but...It was there. And then they came. They were so beautiful. It was their land but I was welcomed and they called me Ainė. I spoke their language, it surprised me. But there was a shadow on their hearts and soon it settled upon my own. Voices in the night said to leave this place. And then the attacks began. Hideous creatures, stupid as they were ugly. I fought alongside those of the land and the enemy was quickly slayed. But they were only a small part of the shadow."

"Time flowed quickly there and many more came and were defeated. Slowly hope faded. Doubt began to grow. I could do nothing to help, they kept coming, more each time."

There were tears in the womans eyes and she looked up at Marcus sadly.

"They still fight but to see the hope leaving...I could not bear to stay, doing nothing. I left so that I could do something of use, become something of use."

Marcus Telcontar
Aug 31st, 2002, 07:56:11 PM
ACK!!! Forgot this one!!!

Sorry :( !

Ainė Elenion
Sep 1st, 2002, 01:15:33 AM
np:)

Xazor Elessar
Sep 1st, 2002, 08:21:15 AM
ooc: Just to make things go well...you're accepted to the Order, but I think that this would be an interesting RP for you and Marcus...so continue of course...but so that you're not hanging or anything...you're accepted. I would have done it but IC Xaz' didn't know any Quenya at that point... :)

Ainė Elenion
Sep 21st, 2002, 04:04:58 PM
OOC: Okay, thanks:)