PDA

View Full Version : All Shades of the Force (Open and Chase, Slayn)

Gav Mortis
Aug 4th, 2002, 01:08:10 PM
It had been two standard weeks since the Jedi Sage Hazzard had escaped Corellia after being caught on that fateful night when he dared to challenge all dark-siders. The Sith didn't want him dead or hurt for that matter; but he was once a slave to the Dark Side himself and knew very well what being consumed by the Dark Side really meant. The desire for power and thirst for blood is overwhelming and almost uncontrolable, thus one becomes slave to there own primitive desires; that is no life but perpetual torture and misery.

"So what better way to cause a Jedi suffering than to help him fall into Darkness and watch all that which he had fought so long and hard for lose all meaning and value?" That was how Gav thought anyway, however it didn't suprise him that Master Hazzard had escaped, albeit by the skin of his teeth, but that held little relevence now.

On the day of his escape, Gav and his new acquaintance, Slayn, the son of his one time apprentice, Jeseth Cloak, went their seperate ways and had agreed to rendevouz back at Arcan IV on this day. However it had just so happened that eight days ago, Gav had made another acquaintence; Chase Starwalker, a Jedi padawan whom he had helped back on Corellia. The Jedi had promised Gav that in return for going back and helping his master, Leia, he would join the Sith on a mission.

"Time to collect on my debts!" Gav thought as he entered the Bar and Grill. He scanned the interior, it was in quite a state after the ordeal with the Reborn clones several days ago. With a frown, he ordered a Vinta Harvest Ale then took a seat in one of the booths available. It was still rather smokey after two mongoose-looking creatures had just left it, one holding a cigara of sorts.

"First, I'll wait for Slayn to get here then we'll have a word with the young Chase once he arrives later this evening." He thought, taking a swig of his ale he casually leaned back and made himself comfortable with the familar surroundings.

Slayn Cloak
Aug 4th, 2002, 01:49:08 PM
These had been very interesting times, After the trial with Vega Van-drevled on Corillia, and the ordeal he had gone through with Eve Sirren. The young Cloak found himself on his way to meet with Gav Mortis.

Today was the day they had decided on, and the place was Master Yoghurts bar and grill. Slayn entered through the main entrance, he had been here several times before, each was a very different dilemma. It was in this bar that he had met Navaria Tarkin, and a good number of the Jedi's council. Slayn felt welcome here, but that held no relevance, for if it was different, he wouldn't care...

Slayn hadn't made it two meters in, or to the bar for that matter, before he got a strange feeling, one that spoke to him, suggested he turn around. Upon doing so, as Slayn's instincts were seldom wrong, he saw Gav in a booth; Only then did he realize that it was no instinct of his, but rather a subtle gesture from Gav to get his attention.

Slayn nodded to Gav and walked to his table, the Cloak would never mask his aura from anyone, so it was rather obvious he was no Jedi, or ordinary Sith. He sat at Gav's table and spoke in his mind.

" I've come, it's relieving to see you Gav. Is all going according to plan?"

Gav Mortis
Aug 4th, 2002, 02:19:15 PM
Gav grinned at the new arrival, Slayn Cloak, he was very much like his father but even moreso when it came to brooding. One didn't have to be force-sensitive to pick up that there was something different about the young man.

Upon hearing Slayn's words in his head, Gav had to repress a laugh because he imagined what it would look like if two men were seen sat opposite each other visibly saying nothing. It would look odd to say the least.

"Good afternoon Slayn!" He greeted with a sophisticated, eloquent tone. "It is good to see you too. There have been no problems thus far and not only that but we have a new recruit to join us on our upcoming excursion; a Mr. Chase Starwalker, Jedi Padawan with the Jedi Order."

Going off-topic for a moment, Gav took a swig from his pint glass and decided he would finally ask, "Why is it you choose not to communicate vocally?"

Slayn Cloak
Aug 4th, 2002, 02:52:37 PM
" I very rarely speek in the common form, it's vulgar and ill witted. It doesn't at all suit what we've become... A jedi you say? This will prove most entertaining. I pity the poor creatures, so involved in their service. Not unlike most force users, but witch really is the lesser of two evils eh? Perhaps we can help this young man, he's only a padawan- how far along in the trials is he?"

Slayn new Gav must be up to something, he hates all force users who don't realize their full potential. Still this would prove interesting and he was with his fathers master...

Evil Hobgoblin
Aug 4th, 2002, 08:16:26 PM
"Well, well, well..."

There was a tapping sound that came from the doorway. A shadow entered the room, becoming longer and longer as its' owner got closer.

"So this is where you've gone Slayn," Hobgoblin said as he entered.

The Dark Jedi eyed Gav Mortis, Sith Master and powerful practicioner of all things Dark. His wizened eyes took in Gav, quietly reading him and trying to decipher his intent.

"I don't," he said at last. "Believe we've met. I am Hobgoblin, Dark Jedi of the Black Hand."

Gav Mortis
Aug 5th, 2002, 07:07:08 AM
"Common tongue?" Gav repeated, his brow furrowed and with narrowed eyes he added, "Slayn, I never imiagined you to be wrapped up in self-righteous decadence. There is nothing wrong with speaking, some would even call it an art waiting to be mastered." He then smiled knowing full well that Slayn would still choose to communicate with him telepathically.

"Chase is a strong, young man and very capable. I don't think it will be long before his elders realise this and give him the title he deserves. And as for the Jedi; pity is the last thing that I feel when it concerns them. They are hypocrites in the strongest sense of the word; both the source and hunters of all evil."

"Good afternoon, Hobgoblin. I am Gav Mortis, pleased to make your acquaintance. Please, take a seat." He answered the dwarf-like man in a soft, eloquent voice as was his way.

Gav had chose not to say he was a Sith Master or of the Sith Order because for one, he didn't believe in rank and secondly he didn't feel part of the order anymore. One learned of the ancient Sith would possibly recognise the markings on his face and make the connection in any case. Above his right eyebrow were two red lines, one on top of the other and spanning across his left cheek just below his eye there was more red paint, it arched down the left side of his face and along the ridge of his jaw until it stopped at the center of his chin. He applied this to his face every morning, honoring the ways of the ancient species by showing his tribe.

"You said you are a Dark Jedi of The Black Hand--" He began, thinking to the time when he had spoke with De'Ville back on Corellia, she had changed and grown in strength and in retrospect, she seemed to be more like this curious fellow, Hobgoblin. "--would you tell me more of this Black Hand?"

A Nameless NR Tech
Aug 5th, 2002, 07:27:18 AM
He was just another guy, getting crapped out with alcohol.

He lifted bleary eyes at the gathered trio, burped and went back to his ale. Man, the things you saw in this place.... what an ugly little dwarf. Bah, whatever. Ale was better than looking anyway

"Bhsar Flensher..... ghsme an-hic!-shure bheeer!"

Chase Starwalker
Aug 6th, 2002, 02:50:48 PM
I should have never agreed to this. Chase gave little recognition to his thoughts as he approached the outside of Yog's. Too late now. Besides, I can't go back on my word.

He entered the establishment, swinging the doors open as he eyed a hopeful table that would contain his companions on this trip. Not that he needed to. The three stuck out like a sore bantha paw, the darkness about their shadowy table gave them away instantly. He recognized Gav, but the other two he had never seen before. Like any Jedi he was weary of this situation, but perhaps things were not as they always seemed. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

The men noticed young Starwalker, Gav first. He was not dressed in his normal Jedi robes, not today. His casual clothes would serve well not to attract attention to his occupation. He stopped several feet from the table, the three surrounded in conversation, Chase spoke out, and to the only one he knew.

"Gav Mortis." He extended his hand. "Haven't seen you in a while." Chase eyed the other two men cautiously, there was a bit of nervousness in the air. But what else is to be expected?

Gav Mortis
Aug 6th, 2002, 07:33:43 PM
"Good afternoon, Chase, it's good to see you again." Gav greeted, shaking his hand and with his free hand made a casual gesture. "Please take a seat."

It was good to see Chase not wrapped up in those Jedi robes. "Casual suits you." He observed with a smile, "You look less restrained."

The young Jedi seemed a little uncomfortable and somewhat unsure of the other two men who sat with them so Gav took it upon himself to conduct the formalities.

"Chase, may I introduce to you Hobgoblin and Slayn Cloak, both of whom are Dark Jedi but you needn't feel any discomfort. Slayn will be joining us on our excursion." He confirmed reassuringly, then turning to the Dark Jedi said, "Slayn, Hobgoblin; this is Chase Starwalker; Jedi of the Greater Jedi Order."

Chase Starwalker
Aug 7th, 2002, 12:38:13 AM
Chase had to smile at Gav. All the dark-siders he had met and fought, Gav Mortis had the most sense about him. Something Chase admired. He took the empty seat, edging by Hob.

He gave a nod to Gav's comment about his casual attire. He had to agree - less restrained indeed.

He looked over himself. Black shirt. Black leather jacket. Black jeans. Top it off with heavy black boots, he almost looked the part to sit at this table. If only his boyish face was as dark as the others that lined his company at the moment. He adjusted his weight as he sat down, his lightsaber tailed from his belt.

Giving a nod to Hob and Slayn, he settled himself into the atmosphere.

"Your reputation proceeds you both. Finally we meet."

Slayn Cloak
Aug 7th, 2002, 08:51:51 PM
Slayn looked up at hob for the first time since he arrived, he then turned his gaze to Chase and spoke out into his mind.

" Aye, yes, a pleasure indeed young one. Now, now, what reputation of mine have you heard?"

Chase Starwalker
Aug 7th, 2002, 11:32:44 PM
The man had a presence about him, hence it did not surprise Chase how Slayn choose to speak to him. Young one. He hated hearing those words. He was nearing 23, but all people saw was a Padawan. Another word he cared little for. He returned the favor in Slayn's mind.

Only what is to be expected. The son of Jeseth Cloak is a reputation within itself.

Gav Mortis
Aug 10th, 2002, 01:09:50 PM
"By the way, Chase." Said Gav, breaking the silence whilst the two were no doubt engaging in a little telepathic conversation. "I hope you have stuck to our agreement: none of the Jedi are to know of both your whereabouts and with whom you are travelling. Is this the case?"

Chase Starwalker
Aug 10th, 2002, 01:37:09 PM
Chase turned from Slayn to Gav. He nodded in agreement.

"You have my word."

Slayn Cloak
Aug 10th, 2002, 01:55:11 PM
Slayn observed the actions and words of his associates,while also taking great care to note every point of Gav's stratagem.

Gav Mortis
Aug 20th, 2002, 07:23:33 AM
Finishing off his ale, Gav let out a heavy sigh and stood. Turning to Chase and Slayn, he smiled and said, "Let's be on our way then. Docking Bay N12 is where we're off to, follow me."

The three vacated the table and on his way out Gav nodded to the dwarf of a man and said, "It's been a pleasure Mr. Hobgoblin."

Continued here (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21989).