PDA

View Full Version : Killing Spree (open to ANYONE)

Tempist the Uncaring
Aug 4th, 2002, 12:46:28 PM
On a dark street, somewhere on a simple planet, without much industrialization (think 1700's Massachusets), stood a store. "Helbug's Pawn" was written on a sign that hung over the entrence, and many items littered the inside of the shop, behind two sheets of glass. To any passerby's, it was a window shoping heaven. Everything that could ever be wanted was there, ranging from watches, rings, clothes.... and even weapons.

A dark, cloaked man walked to the door, and rapped upon the glass three times, paused for a moment, and knocked one more time. After a little while, a short, squat man came to the door, and gazed out. He was obviously suprized by the man's arrival, and he spoke in a fearful tone.

"Oh! It's you! I wasn't expecting you any time soon, espically not now...."

"Good for you. Open the door or I will open your gut."

Not wanting to die any time soon, the small man behind the door obiedently opened up, and allowed the Dark One to enter.

"Show me your artillery. Now."

The small one scurried off into the back of the store, leaving the shadowy figgure standing in the main chamber. He looked around, seeing little of intrest... except for a blaster by the window. He won't be needing this later on. the man thought, and grabbed the gun from the sill. He grabbed a couple clips of amunition from a small indentation behind the sill, and hid them beneath his robe.

At about this time, Helbug returned with a large wooden box in his arms. It contained blasters, explosives, blades, and even a lightsaber, stolen from a jedi to be sold.

"Here's everything I've got, I hope it pleases you."

"Dear Helbug, you've been a loyal minion of mine for years now, but never too bright."

With this said, An arm shot out from beneath the robe, lashing out with a beam of red energy. It sliced through Helbug's midsection, and entrails spilled out onto the floor. The hooded man reached out with his other arm, and took the box from the falling corpse.

"Won't be needing these...." he said, rumaging through the box's contents, throwing the blades off to the side. He took a second blaster, all of the ammo he could cary, and every explosive he could find, stuffing them into his robe as well.

----------------------------------------------------------------- Several Days Pass
-----------------------------------------------------------------

All was quiet in town, no one had even noticed Helbug's disapearence, not even his own family. No one had cared for him much to begin with. A few blocks over from where his shop once was, a farmer's market was set up, in the center of town. Everyone there was having a good time, weather they were getting vegtebles for dinner later, or just watching the street entertainers.

A single shadowy man walked through the middle of the square, every so often disapearing behind a building or tent, but returned to sight again after a few minites. He stoped infront of a stand and pretended to care about what was there for a moment, before walking out of the market place again. Hours passed.

Without warning, loud noises were heard in the center of the square, and collums of fire erupted from behind some of the tents. Many were burnt alive, some were charred beyond recodnision. A horde of terrified villagers ran to get away from the fires in every direction they could, weather it be up allies or through the main streets, but there was no escape for them. Several more explosions were heard, as fire ravaged the rest of the city. Bodies flew through the air, landing further away than any could imagine. People ran screaming, aflame, to their homes, only to find that the fire wouldn't go out. It was hell.

Outside of the city walls stood a man with the detonator, covered by his robes.

"Good."

With the single word, a long, dark smile crept accross the face of Tempist Opps, the now rogue Sith.

Alpha
Aug 4th, 2002, 02:07:31 PM
Satine's new, sleek attack ship, Dark Star was sitting a bit out of town when the earth began to shake. Jolted from a cat nap, Satine takes a look at the sensors, and then closes his eyes, looking, on a hunch, for anything that would indicate a Sith presence. Finding one, Satine swears, now knowing where the flames came from.

I picked a hell of a place to put down for some rest, Satine thinks to himself, pulling on his armor, and opening up the emergency weapons locker he had, taking out his twin black-bladed sabres, and his Loris Daggers. Looking around, he takes a pack from there, and drops ammo clips for his SOCOMs, and NMC-92 pulse pistols, plus his pulse rifle, into it. Holstering the weapons, and pulling out the rifle, Satine smiles grimly. The Knight grabs two single stun grenades and clips them to his belt, then hits a switch, opening the rear cargo bay. Sitting there was a souped up motorcycle.

Jumping on, Satine guns the engine, and heads full speed towards the city walls, following his sense of direction as to where the Dark Sider was.

Come out, come out, wherever you are... Satine sends through the Force to his coming opponent...

Alera Starreyes
Aug 5th, 2002, 07:37:41 AM
Alera had simply been wandering when the blast went off. She had no idea where she was, and she didn't care. Her emotional state was pretty much wrecked, from the latest problem with control she'd had, where she'd ended up killing who knew how many people in a moment of fury.
But then, suddenly, the city in the distance which she'd noticd only vaguely before seemed to burst into flame.
Alera's head whipped around. She flinched as she felt the deaths of whoever had lived inside... and she knew there'd be more on the way.
And she felt a dark presence in the Force nearby. A familiar one.
"Tempist," she whispered.
Much as she wanted to deal with the Sith, the villagers needed help. Otherwise they'd all die.
A shadow of doubt momentarily passed over her mind. What if she couldn't help? Hadn't she already caused enough pain?
She pushed the thoughts aside. That's why I have to help them now, she thought before running towards the city, using the Force to give herself speed.

Paige Rayna
Aug 5th, 2002, 05:20:50 PM
"No, please, don't hurt me! Nice wolfie... Nice puppy... Here's a stick, fetch!"

The man, stricken with fear, picked up a twig and threw it as far as he could.

"Please don't hurt me," he said, as his voice lowered to a whimper.

The huge, golden wolf snarled, baring her sharp teeth. She began to slowly circle the human, her breathing ragged. She was waiting... waiting for the moment when the man would break into a run. Waiting for the moment where she would tear his legs off and watch him sprawl pitifully on the floor.

Waiting for the moment to devour her meal.

With eyes locked on him, she could tell by how tense his muscles that it would be soon. Suddenly, he broke off into a run heading for the city. Her soul seemed to soar as instinct of the Hunt began. She began to chase after her prey, using her hind legs to propel her. When she was about to tackle the person, however, something distracted her. It was a familiar Force signature of a fellow "shapeshifter". She skidded to a stop and let the man run behind the city's gates.

Paige canted her head to the side as she cautiously sniffed the air. Tempist. What was he doing here? She began to trot as she followed the scent, until she came to a man covered in traditional robes. No doubt about it, there he was. She sat down, still remaining in wolf form.

Behind the city gates, her sensitive hearing allowed her to hear the muffled screams of many as fire cackled. Obviously, he was up to no good. She smirked inwardly.

"I see you rain chaos and destruction onto the lesser weaklings, 'brother'.

She spoke in his mind, and called him brother because he was a shapeshifter, like her...

Alpha
Aug 5th, 2002, 08:41:22 PM
Satine could see Tempist noticed him from afar, and grins, suddenly putting in an illusion into the Sith's mind, making him disappear. Stopping the motorcycle, Satine jumps, using the Force to take him to the top of a tower on the wall by Tempist. Drawing a SOCOM, Satine aims it, and settles the laser sight onto Tempist's chest, dropping the illusion.

"What are you up to now Temps?"

Paige Rayna
Aug 5th, 2002, 09:08:30 PM
Her eyes saw the laser being pointed at her fellow aquantice, and a low growl rumbled deep within her throat. She quickly jumped infront of Tempist, so that the laser was now being pointed at her.

"Hurt him and face my wrath..."

To emphasize her words, Paige added a snarl as her hackles rose.

Alpha
Aug 5th, 2002, 09:43:45 PM
With his other hand, Satine grins, igniting his lightsabre.

"Friend of yours then?"

Paige Rayna
Aug 5th, 2002, 09:53:45 PM
"What's it to you?"

Her eyes narrowed slightly at the 'teenager'. If he flaunted his weapons like that, it was apparant he was Jedi.

Let him come down here so that they could play.

Alera Starreyes
Aug 5th, 2002, 10:10:50 PM
Alera gritted her teeth as she got closer to the city. She could actually smell the fear and pain in the air, they were so strong. The scent of death. Alera's mind reeled from the emotions in the air, coming from the burning city.
As she got closer and her senses keener, she noticed more strongly the signatures of others. More strongly she wanted to fight against the Sith... but she forced herself to keep running. If she turned aside now, the deaths she could have prevented would be on her conscience.
Reaching the city walls, the former Jedi launched herself over, using the Force to take her high over the bounds of the walls. Landing lightly in a crouch on the other side she breathed in sharply. The air screamed death, screamed pain. Straightening, she brought her mind to bear on the flames. She couldn't put the whole fire out herself, but maybe she could bring them down. She'd snuff out what she could.
The young woman closed her eyes, sweat prickling her forehead as she concentrated. She was one with the flame. She wasn't the flame itself, but she was among it, she was as near to being a part of it as she could be. Her mind danced with the flames. Then, she increased her will. To bring the fires down, she had to be stronger, not simply as one with the flame. Her will bore onto the fire, forcing it to do what she wanted of it and not what it wanted to do.
Alera's eyes snapped open. She was breathing hard. The fire was going down. The flames nearest her were extinguished altogether. But there were still fires she hadn't been able to quench. In the other parts of the city, pain and terror still throbbed. There was were she had to go.
The woman ran, still using the Force to give her speed.

Tempist the Uncaring
Aug 6th, 2002, 08:36:11 AM
The cloaked man turned his head twards the jedi next to him.

"Do you really think you can stop me, Satine? You always have been neive...."

Without any warning what so ever, a bolt of energy shot through the cloak of the former Knight, and blasted Satine's lazer into fragments. Tempist had grown much, much stronger since their last meeting, his consumption by the darkside had progressed greatly. He could hide his motions now, and his sense of honor was dead. It had died along with his unit.

"Do not try to stop me, little one, you will wind up as dead as those villagers down there."

Deciding to check up on how his little bon fire was doing, he reached out with the force, and inspected the city. The flames seemed to be subsiding. This was impossible! The only way to put these flames out was to let them die out on their own! He sensed other force signatures here as well, both he had encountered in the past. One was even one of the last from his group, Paige. It was good to know he wasn't the only shape shifter left, even if it wasn't the same. The other was a confused one, a jedi who only partly saw the errors of the light. It was her who was helping the weak ones. She would have to go.

A dark grin spread accross his face, even though none could see it. He pressed a third button on the detonator, and several more explosions filled the air. Thick clouds of black smoke rose from the burning wreckage of the city, and flames spurred up again, incenerating the bodies into ash. The few who had survived the attack were now aflame, and the pseudo jedi that was helping would soon be overwhelmed.

With this, he turned his attention back to Satine.

"I saw you coming a mile away, you may want to practice those illusions a bit more before taking on someone who knows what to look for."

Greetings Paige. he said to the wolf at his side, through the force.

Vega Van-Derveld
Aug 6th, 2002, 09:05:51 AM
The flames around one figure warped outwards so as to not burn him. Not a single item on his person was singed as he stepped out the bulk of the main fire, proceeding up towards the boundary between the main city and the group of force users amassing. As he entered the area of the main gathering, he lifted the wolf present into the air - via the Force - and turned it, guiding it so that it was a short distance from him. He grinned a fanged grin.

"Someones having party and I wasn't invited?"

The wolf hit the floor then skidded backwards as the Dark Jedi motioned one hand outwards, pushing it into the air a short distance.

"Boo. Hoo."

His eyes were trained instantly on Tempist.

"Thought you'd go off with a bang hmm?" he said with a motion towards the Sith Knight.

"Such a show man, but then isn't that all you are now? A demented pyromaniac?"

He smiled somewhat and shook his head.

"I pity you. I really do."

Tempist the Uncaring
Aug 6th, 2002, 09:28:01 AM
Another signature made itself present, a much more formidable one then all present. As strong as this one was, it was still weak. A greysider. A coward. A worthless bag of urine in Tempist's eyes.

"Piss off you tit, you abandoned us. You bathed yourself in the light, but it hasn't removed who you are, it has only changed it. You are a coward. I'd rather be a demented pyromaniac then a coward."

Vega had always been more powerful then Tempist, but this wasn't about power anymore. This was about history. This was about respect, somthing that Vega had lost when he turned his back on the darkness. Tempist droped the blaster back down to his side, and rested his hand on Infinity, ready to lash out should Vega suddenly grow the genetalia to attack.

Vega Van-Derveld
Aug 6th, 2002, 09:32:20 AM
"Bathed myself in the light? Spare me your babble, you ignorant bastard. Do you even know what a Dark Jedi is?"

He laughed hard, gesturing his arms open wide as Seraphim launched into his hand, without igniting.

"If I was a coward, why would I be here, Tempist? To watch? To run and hide from you? I think not. You can dress it up all you want with words, but in the end your insulting me comes down to one thing and one thing alone. Your fear of what is more powerful than you."

The yellow beam in his hand coursed to life with a violent snap-hiss.

"Me."

Tempist the Uncaring
Aug 6th, 2002, 09:47:59 AM
Tempist simply grinned.

"You misunderstand, you stupid git. You are a coward for abandoning us, not for here and now. Once a coward, always a coward, no matter what you pretend to be afterwards."

He looked at Seraphim, and simply shrugged.

"And if you seem to think I really give a flying [explitive deleted] about what you are, or what you think you are, you egotistical boob, then you've had your head up your rear for longer than I had ever anticipated."

Vega Van-Derveld
Aug 6th, 2002, 09:53:42 AM
"Abandoning you? Am I supposed to have had some sort of obligation to stay with TSE forever? I signed no contract to say that I would swear eternal allegance. The use of the Sith to me has been outlived, thus I see no reason for me to dwell with the Council and their dregs of drones any longer."

He canted his head somewaht.

"You need not even have an opinion of me, Tempist. Your thoughts and points of view are obsolete, just as your order is."

Tempist the Uncaring
Aug 6th, 2002, 09:56:51 AM
"The order that trained you. If not for us, you'd never have been accepted to TBH, and would most likley have been killed on the spot. And yes, when you pledge your loyalty to a group, it is for life... so in leaving TSE, you killed yourself. Maybe you should fit the role of a deadman now, oh great child. Yes, it will be fun to watch you die, Vega."

Alera Starreyes
Aug 6th, 2002, 10:03:44 AM
Alera was knocked to the ground by the force of the next explosion, partly by the shaking earth, partly by the sudden rise in the emotions she sensed. Anguish, sheer and utter terror.
And then the flames were around her. The former Jedi instincively threw up a Force shield around herself, only partly effective because of the energy she'd spent before. Straightening, moving to an area where the flames were less strong, the young woman winced as she felt lives being snuffed, dying of the smoke choking the air, of the fires consuming their bodies. She bit her lip. There had to be a way she could stop this!
She had an idea... she could throw everything she had at it, all of it... it might not work, and there was an incredibly good chance it would kill her.
She bit her lip. Suddenly, she didn't care about that anymore. This was what she'd been trained to do, and this was what she would do. This was what she was here for.
Alera closed her eyes and opened herself to the Force completely.
Everything in her concentrated on bringing the fire down. She no longer cared about holding onto herself, reserving energy, any of it. She just threw everything she could at it, forcing it, pulling it, pushing it, refusing to stop. Sweat poured from her forehead, she was breathing hard and choking at the same time on the smoke-filled air, her nose bled freely, and still stubbornly held on. She would not let the survivors die!
As blackness closed in around her and Alera fell to the ground, unconscious, the fires sputtered and died.

Vega Van-Derveld
Aug 6th, 2002, 10:04:00 AM
"And you truly believe you will be the one to bring me to my demise? Better men than you have tried and failed. Miserably."

A causal smile came over his lips as he glanced around momentarily towards Alpha and his Jedi companion, before he focused back upon the rogue Sith.

Tempist the Uncaring
Aug 6th, 2002, 10:26:17 AM
"I'm sorry, but you seem to think I care who has challenged you. You are sadly mistaken. You see, I know your former master, and I know that she has trained you well. I know that you are powerful, but I don't care. When a man has nothing left, what is there to do? I will eventually die, an ancient, quiet, broken man. But untill I can no longer move, I will make the universe suffer as I have suffered."

His voice had been stedally growing as he spoke, and by now it was a roar.

"TRY HAVING EVERYONE YOU'VE EVER CARED ABOUT DESTROIED! TRY HAVING NOTHING TO LIVE FOR, BUT BEING FORCED ON ANYWAY. TRY BECOMING AN EMPTY SHELL OF A MAN. YOU COWARD! YOU WORTHLESS IMP DRIBBLE!"

Tempist forced his anger back down inside of him, but he was visibly struggling to hold it back. His eyes had turned an interesting array of colors in a matter of seconds, usuially a process that takes an entire battle to happen, and ends after two changes. But now, his eyes had changed from blue, to red, to black, to green, and now to white. Never before had his eyes glowed white, never before had he been his violent. Ever. His tone dropped back to what it had been, his usuial speech.

"Lets end this now. Have at me."

Tempist hadn't even bothered to remove his cloak yet, or even ignite Infinity or Horror. He was ready for anything, he needed no more training or preperation. It was down to now.

Inwardly, his mind was somewhere else, in many places, including the city. The flames seemed to have died out, and there was a single corpse still there... yet it clung to life somehow. It was the confused lightsider, Alera. She had potential, he could be a powerful Sith... yet she clung to her ways. Foolish.

He also observed Paige, and how she had been thrown by Vega with no effort what so ever. She would heal, and she would probably fight Alpha. Yes, he was still present too, but no longer of any concern to him. It was only Vega to be worried about now. The Coward.

Severen Morkonis
Aug 6th, 2002, 10:53:07 AM
' Have at me?'' As if slow motion had clung to all 3 members of this fight. The Sith Knight recognizable by his white hair stepped into position behind the Rouge Sith, his cloak gliding beautifully in the cold wind, the green blade of Losurus moving back and forth in a swaying motion to taunt the foolish creature.

'Tempist you stupid, ignorant idle bastard!' Sieken said like a roar from a great beast. 'TSE was a waist of my life and yours, they teach nothing but how to be a clown of this galaxy...nothing but folly and stupidness..i spit at it!' And he did just that spitting a few inches from Tempis.

' You attack Master Vega with words only you should be telling yourself in a mirror...instead of talking what don't you just strike at him and see what punishment you will be dealt by us and by your maker!' Sieken roared, his rage building to what could only be described as Pcycotic.

imported_Blade Ice
Aug 6th, 2002, 11:04:47 AM
blade came out of the burning flames of what was left of the town. as he looked on tempist, vega and sIek.

" Isn't this one big old family reunion and seems beef is about ready to go on the grill. "

blade looked at the burning town.

" you ready to die tempist. "

Tempist the Uncaring
Aug 6th, 2002, 12:51:20 PM
The Dark One simply grinned even broader, knowing that he was now beyond both Sieken and Blade. Amazing what more anger than most experiance in a lifetime will do to you when given in one huge rush.

"Be gone children, you want none of this."

No matter what they tried, he would emerge triumphant. He couldn't bring back the Empire, but he could tie up a few loose ends that were left in it's wake... starting with those that abandoned it.

Alpha
Aug 6th, 2002, 03:26:46 PM
So, Temps wants death? I'm sure I could arrange that Satine thinks, drawing out his pulse pistol and his second slug-thrower SOCOM, aiming them, and letting a spray at the Sith and Dark Jedi gathered down there. As the pavement sparks from the assault, Satine puts up his pulse pistol, and ignites his lightsabre, the black blade crackling to life with a hiss...

"Temps, do you really want to die so badly? I could oblige you..."

Tempist the Uncaring
Aug 6th, 2002, 06:03:07 PM
Dark eyes glowed from beneath the hood of Tempist's cloak, and Alpha's bullets seemed to fall infront of him. Every one that was to peirce his flesh was stoped by an invisible wall, a sheild he had erected with no trouble what so ever.

"Do you really think your cap guns can hurt me? How stupid."

Tempist gave a powerful force push to Satine's throat, temporarally restricting his breathing. Now it would hurt to breathe or swallow for a few days.

Alpha
Aug 6th, 2002, 06:38:37 PM
Or it would have, if not for a Force shield erected by Satine. The push slammed into the shield with a resounding crack, the trademark sound of Satine's more powerful shields. Flipping, and jumping down, Satine fires his SOCOM again, and then slashes with his lightsabre.

"What happened to you Tempist? you used to have a sense of honor. Seems like you lost that...along with your spine...hurting inoocents..."

Alera Starreyes
Aug 6th, 2002, 07:55:24 PM
Alera slowly awoke. She groaned, feeling as if someone had run her through with a lightsaber about twenty times. She coughed, wincing at the pain of doing so but unable to stop. At last the coughing stopped, though the pain had not.
The young woman's ice blue eyes blinked open. The world looked blurry. She shook her head, trying to clear her vision, then bit her lip to stifle a cry of pain. Slowly, as she blinked, her vision began to clear. Alera tried to move, but as pain lanced through her she stopped. It even hurt to breathe.
All the former Jedi could do was lie on the ground, racked with pain, trying to muster the strength to stand again.

Paige Rayna
Aug 6th, 2002, 08:18:52 PM
Suddenly, a man who went by the name of Vega Van Derveld appeared infront of her. Bristling, she growled slightly as she eyed him. What did he want, since he left TSE? Ah, but she should've known .. Pain .. The blood of innocents calling out was enough to lure anybody in.

He lifted her with the Force and "shoved" her away, turning his attention to Tempist as she smashed into the floor. Instantly she was up on all paws, baring her teeth protectively. There was an aching pain in her spine, but she welcomed it so she would become stronger. She thrived off of pain, being that it was the only 'emotion' she experienced.

She then heard Tempist's voice inside of her head and looked at him sideways, returning a mental message.

"Hello, fellow Brother .. I see that you have your hands full... Mind if I join in on the fun?"

Without waiting for an answer, she turned and began to run towards the city's walls. To the others that began to cluster around her friend, it looked like she was running from the fight. In reality, she was getting a hostage. Using the Force to aid her, Paige leapt in the air and sailed over the walls, landing heavily on her feet. A cloud of dirt rose, covering her form until it quickly settled. She lifted her noise up in the air and sniffed, then began to run again.

It was a natural instinct that all wolves had. They could sense the weak, the hurt, and the sickly. It was like a sign that said "Free food" - dine here.

She skidded to a stop next to a woman's side, who seemed to be recovering. Well, not for long. Bringing up a heavy paw, she smashed it against the girl's head, rendering her unconscious once more. She lowered her head as she opened her jaws, taking the stranger's petite body in her mouth. Turning, she retraced her steps and jumped back over the wall.

"Jedi boy, I've got a present for you," she cooed through the Force.

"Leave Tempist alone and face me, or I'll snap this girl in half..."

Satine noticed that Paige didn't remove Alera from her jaws.

Alpha
Aug 6th, 2002, 08:25:40 PM
Growling almost as savagely as the wolf, and heturns to face Paige.

And who are you, dog? Satine sends, levelling his SOCOM at the wolf's head, the laser sight hitting right between the eyes.

Paige Rayna
Aug 6th, 2002, 09:06:55 PM
"Just one of the last of my kind."

Her upper lip curled up into a sneer as she threw the girl into the air and gently caught her in a position so that now Alera's back would take the hit.

"Do you really want her to die .. Satine?"

Alpha
Aug 6th, 2002, 09:12:29 PM
Using the Force, Satine pries open Paige's jaws, and float Alera to him. Reaiming his SOCOM, Satine grins.

"She ain't dying now..."

Paige Rayna
Aug 6th, 2002, 09:17:43 PM
Little to Satine's knowledge, that when he began to use the Force to make her jaws open, she reached up with her paw and extended her claws, hooking them onto the girls shirt. She forced the girl to fall down on the ground and then stood on top of her. Too bad his plan failed...

He didn't know this right away because she projected an illusion into his mind, making it seem like Alera was by his side until she was done. Then he realized his fatal mistake.

"Think about it. Already my weight is crushing her figure, and if you kill me there will be no chance for her survival. However, if you promise to leave Tempist alone so he can face... 'bigger' matters than dealing with you, I will let her live ... I only wish to help defend my brother."

Alera Starreyes
Aug 7th, 2002, 05:57:24 AM
Alera moaned as she slowly regained consciousness... something was wrong... why couldn't she breathe? Then the pain hit her. She would have gasped, but it seemed there was something on top of her. She couldn't move, couldn't breathe. The half-conscious girl tried to lift her head, but was still too weak. She gasped for air.

Tempist the Uncaring
Aug 7th, 2002, 08:51:58 AM
Satine was indeed stupid. Tempist had been working with force sheilds for a long time, and his tended to last longer than a few seconds, as Satine's seemed to do. The shots were absorbed, which finally broke the sheild. At the same time, the detonator fell from Tempist's hands, landing by the former Knight's foot, beneath his cloak. He droped his left hand onto his new red bladed saber, Horror, and spun it in an arcing circle, deflecting Satine's blade. Foolish. The beam of energy was out for a fraction of a second, the timing of the switch had been so prescice that it appeared as a red blur to all present. He put Horror back down to his side, and called the detonator back to his hand.

"Have you not been listening at all Satine? Repugnant."

All the while, he continued to ignore Blade and Sieken. They posed no threat to him right now, and in the event that they should, he had a few more suprizes up his sleeves.

Alpha
Aug 7th, 2002, 01:35:17 PM
I'm sorry Alera. Satine sends, along with calming thoughts, to his JEdi companion.

"Alright, dog. You get your wish...Let Alera go." he says, lowering his SOCOM.

Paige Rayna
Aug 7th, 2002, 04:37:59 PM
Slowly she stepped off of Alera, nuding the girl's body with her nose.

"Go and be gone..."

Alera was a lucky girl - a couple more seconds and Paige's weight would've crushed her ribs, which would in turn dig themselves into her vital organs.

Lifting her head up, Paige looked up into the sky and let out a howl - tradition of her people before they went into honorary battle. Then she closed her eyes and began to concentrate. Her muscles were in sweet tension as her body began to "ripple". A shiver ran down her spine as her fur started to disappear. The bones began to dislocate themselves, arranging them into the form of a human skeleton. Paws become hands and feet, and her tail began to shrink away into nothing. Then, the body and face became that of a woman's.

She got up on her feet and stretched out luxuriously, enjoying the tingling sensation left in her body. Her blonde-red hair fell loosely around her shoulders as one of her hands tightened into a fist. Clad in a simple brown shirt with black leggings, it was a comfortable piece to be fighting in....

"Won't you come down here and play, then?" She said teasingly.

Alera Starreyes
Aug 7th, 2002, 04:50:40 PM
Air whooshed into Alera's aching lungs. The young woman coughed a little. Thank you, she said to Satine through the Force. Forcing herself to stand, ignoring the pain, Alera moved away, wanting to help but not wanting to interfere, and at the moment she was too weak to do anything anyway. The young woman crouched a small distance away, regaining strength, holding the hilt of her unignited lightsaber Dream in her hand. Her ice blue eyes watched carefully.

Alpha
Aug 7th, 2002, 06:14:46 PM
Satine hovered between Alera and Paige, ready to defend his fellow Jedi.

"Paige? You want to fight me? Your funeral..." he says, grinning.

Paige Rayna
Aug 7th, 2002, 06:37:38 PM
"Then I'll drag you down to the grave with me."

She paid no heed that he was hovering between her and the girl - she had no more business with the girl. Satine had taken the bait so Alera was of no more interest to Paige.

"Silly Jedi, I could've torn her apart when I had the chance, but I didn't."

She unclenched her hand that was in a fist, her body relaxing. This would be lovely, since she hadn't fought in awhile. Time to test her skills.

Alera Starreyes
Aug 7th, 2002, 06:51:31 PM
Alera, also noticing Satine's positioning, said into his mind, I'll be fine, don't worry... you need to concentrate on the fight, not protecting me...

Alpha
Aug 7th, 2002, 07:03:07 PM
[i]You sure? Alright.[i/] Satine sends back, then tapping into the Force, and blasting Paige backwards with a Force assault, then jumping at her, pulling his SOCOM, and firing, the bullets rapidly lanching out of the barrel, and then he swings his sabre.

Paige Rayna
Aug 7th, 2002, 07:12:08 PM
"I thought Jedi weren't supposed to attack first .. Weren't they only supposed to defend?"

Even though he blasted her back, she used the Force to help her regain her balence. Nimbly jumping to the side, she watched as Satine jumped past her as he pulled out his weapon.

He turned her to, and while he was still firing, he swung his sabre at her. Well, these odds certainly weren't ... fair.

One bullet glazed her shoulder and she growled, ducking as his sabre sailed over her head. She kicked out with her foot towards his ankle, pushing his foot from out under him, while reaching up and grabbing his sabre hand. She twisted the wrist and brought her fist up, intending to deliver an uppercut.

Alpha
Aug 7th, 2002, 07:19:42 PM
What she hit was something hard as brick. A Force wall erected by the Knight.

"Trust me, I defend. Sometimes that involves a first strike."

As Paige falls back from the pain, Satine spin kicks, and then double kicks, slashing again.

Paige Rayna
Aug 7th, 2002, 07:25:37 PM
He forgot that she still had fold of his wrist. She gave it a final wrench, sending excrutiating pain throughout his arm before stepping back.

Her knuckles hurt, but she used it as fuel for her adrenaline. She dodged his spin kick, but wasn't prepared for two more coming in. One caught her right in the stomach before she blocked the other.

She sidestepped as he slashed empty air, and gave him a powerful Force shove. Watching him stumble back, she canted her head to the side.

"I see that you don't wish to fight fairly .. You're lucky that I always tend to fight with honor, but if you push me to far ..."

She emphasized the last bit of her sentence with anothe Force push when he recovered his balance.

"... I might change my ways."

Alpha
Aug 7th, 2002, 07:30:55 PM
"This is fighting fairly. Trust me. Ask Miryan no Trunks if you need any more confirmation."

Satine ignores the pain in his hand, dropping his gun back into its holster, and then slices at Paige again, this time she blocks it with a little Force shield. Flipping back, Satine motions for Paige to attack.

Paige Rayna
Aug 7th, 2002, 08:00:16 PM
"I don't need to ask anyone, Satine ...."

She began to run towards him, twisting her torso repeatedly so he wouldn't know where she would move next. She brought her left foot up in the air to make it look like she would kick him in the stomach, but immediately spun and threw her hand out towards his neck. At the same time, she dragged her foot from his knee to his toes.

Obviously, not only would that scrape off his skin from his shin to his foot, but it would also distract him for the dagger she grabbed from her waist band, which was heading for his stomach.

Alpha
Aug 7th, 2002, 08:08:24 PM
Thanks to the armor Satine was wearing, no skin eft his body. He grinned, but then felt a tingle of danger, and spins away, the dagger cutting shallowly across his ribs as he moves out of the way. Manuvering in behind Paige, Satine summons a Force wall on all four of her sides, and then one on top and bottom, using a trick his sister taught him. Freezing the water in the air, Satine makes a giant ice cube, with Paige in the middle.

"Let's see you get out of this..." he says, waving at her, keeping his sabre lit.

Paige Rayna
Aug 7th, 2002, 08:16:18 PM
Paige rolled her eyes at his little stunt. Obviously he though it to be something big by the way he was 'prancing' about.

While he was enjoying his little victory, he forgot one thing. His lightsabre. A grin covered her lips as it suddenly flew out of his hands, the tip of it sticking into the giant ice cube. Instantly she reached out with her mind, connecting with the heat. Using the Force, she began to 'manipulate' the heat molecules the lightsabre emmitted, the ice cube slowly melting.

When half of it was gone, Paige stepped out from the remains, shivering slightly. Her wet hair hung limply on her back as she stared defiantly at him. Bending over, she picked up his lightsabre and twirled it once in her hand.

"Lose something?"

She deignited it then threw it back at him, taking on a defensive stance.

Alpha
Aug 7th, 2002, 08:19:27 PM
Catching it, Satine puts it up, forming a fireball, and throwing it at his opponent, following up with an uppercut and a side kick.

Gotta get Xazor to teach me how to make that cube more powerful.. he thinks to himself.

Paige Rayna
Aug 7th, 2002, 08:26:22 PM
Her eyes widened slightly at the sight of the fireball, but nonetheless she dodged and grabbed his fist, clenching it tightly. Her sharp fingernails dug into his skin as Paige blocked his kick with her arm. Then, with help from her other arm, she flipped him over away from her.

Alpha
Aug 7th, 2002, 08:27:35 PM
Satine hits the ground, and rolls, coming up on his feet. Using the Force, he pushes Paige's feet out from under her, and then grabs into his belt pouch, taking a shuriken from it, and throwing it.

Paige Rayna
Aug 7th, 2002, 08:34:50 PM
As her feet were pulled out from underneath, she fell to the ground heavily. Groaning slightly, she began to push herself up when a sharp, piercing pain in her arm caused her to yelp out. It was one of those cursed shurikens. Grabbing it with her other hand, she pulled it out. Blood poured down her arm in a steady stream as she stared down in the weapon which laid in her palm. How could she have not seen this coming?

Her breathing started to became irregular as her eyes flickered from their normal brown color to dark-green. Anger rose like a lump within her throat as she stood up, still holding the bloodied shuriken.

Then she threw it at his legs.

At the same time, Paige rushed at him letting out a fierce battle cry. Extending her hand, there were claws instead of fingernails and she slashed wildly at him. Red mist began to rise before her eyes as anger took over her body. She snarled, almost wolf-like if it weren't for her appearance, and went for his pouch. As he instinctively blocked, she headbutted him in the nose.

Alpha
Aug 8th, 2002, 07:36:41 AM
The shuriken went a bit wide, but Satine took a slash in the left arm from the claws, and then is headbutted. He steps back, and shakes his head to clear it. Ducking a slash, Satine upperctus Paige, knocking her back. As she comes back to attack, Satine snap kicks Paige's knee...

Paige Rayna
Aug 8th, 2002, 09:08:56 AM
As he kicked her knee, she fell forward but grabbed his shoulders, forcing him to fall with her. Landing on top of him, she began to try to slash his face.

"Think you'll defeat me, do you?!"

Her voice was thick with rage and sounded more like a growl. She didn't care that he used all of his weapons when all she had was a dagger. She just didn't care.

What she cared about was that terrible pain in her arm.

She finally stood up and aimed a kick for his side, then stepped back. Her other arm held the wounded one carefully as she glared at him.

"Get up ...!"

It was a request spoken in a scream.

Alera Starreyes
Aug 8th, 2002, 09:55:15 AM
Alera slowly got to her feet. The pain was diminishing. She almost laughed to imagine what she must look like, clothes tattered and singed, face and hair streaked with ash. Well, that couldn't be helped.
Dream was still ready in her hand, though still not yet ignited. Silently she told Satine, Let me know if you need help, my friend. I think she's gone berserk.

Alpha
Aug 8th, 2002, 11:48:29 AM
A low-throated growl splits the air, Satine getting to his feet. His left cheek was split with a nasty gash, and one of Satine's ribs had broken.

"I'm up...I hope you can keep up!" Satine says, using the Force to blur him. He calls on the force again to speed him, and drops his sabre, opting for the long dagger on his belt. He dodges an attack, and flip kicks Paige, knocking her back. Aiming a kick to her injured arm, Satine grins at his opponent's pain, and then jumps behind her, putting an illusion into Paige's head to make it seem like the Jedi Knight was still in front of her. Landing behind her, Satine pulls his SOCOM and presses it into Paige's back, breaking the illusion.

"Go to hell." Satine says, sneering, and he pulls the trigger. The bullet flies out, going through Paige's back--narrowly missing the spine--and then piercing organs, flying out the other side. Satine lets Paige fall, and jumps back, ready to defend, and putting his pistol back up.

"I think I got it Alera. I'll let ya know if anything changes." satine says, putting a gloved hand to his gashed cheek, wincing at the pain of it.

Paige Rayna
Aug 8th, 2002, 09:03:23 PM
Her ear-piercing scream ripped through the air as she fell to the ground, her clothes becoming bloodstained. This was an agony she had never experienced before. The pain in her arm seemed like a mere scratch now.

Paige hadn't wanted to kill him. All she intended to do was to put the Jedi back in place ... to leave Tempist alone. Maybe this was her fault in being a Sith. Maybe this was why nobody had trained her yet. Maybe this was why Tempist hadn't lifted a finger to help her.

If she died, the Shapeshifting species would be no more. Not to mention that she wouldn't be able to die in her pelt.

Groaning at this thought instead of the pain, she tried to roll over on her back. Realizing that she couldn't, she lifted her head up and looked at Tempist.

"H-Help me .." She reached out with a trembling hand before it fell to the ground.

Flashbacks of her family being slaughtered began to haunt her. That's all Satine wants, she thought. He's like the others .. He wants me to die ! This brought a spark of life back into Paige as she gritted her teeth together. She would prove that she wouldn't be like the rest.

She would prove that she was worthy to live!

Closing her eyes, she called out into the Force. Anybody who was Force sensitive could hear this distress call, but it wasn't their help she was looking for. Oh, no, she was looking for the healing powers of the Force itself. Paige could feel It's presence all around her, enclosing her in Its protection. She was safe for now.

For now.

It began to circulate through her bloodstream, traveling to her organs and immediately mending the tissue. It would see that she wouldn't die. It took out most of her energy, but the task was done. The internal damage was healed. Not to mention the pain had gone away. The only thing that bothered her was the arm, but it would suffice for now.

She pushed herself to her knees as she breathed heavily. Her blood still drenched her body, making her look like some sort of spawn from hell.

"Satine," she breathed out. Then,

"You're not Satine, are you... YOU'RE NOT HIM!"

She stood up and swirled around, facing him.

"YOU'RE NOT HIM! YOU'RE NOT, YOU'RE NOT HIM!"

Visions of the silver-haired man who went by the name of "Dead Sound" replaced Satine.

"You killed my family ... And you almost killed me. Time for me to return the favor."

Suddenly Alera found herself spiraling in the air. Her trachea was being applied with invisible pressure as suddenly she slammed down into Satine, knocking the wind out of both of them. Then Alera flew back into one of the city's gates with a sickening thud. Satine also flew back into her.

Gina! I'll show them ... I'll show them the true rage of this shapeshifter!

Alera Starreyes
Aug 9th, 2002, 06:53:00 AM
Sparks danced before Alera's eyes as she hit the wall, then the ground. The pain was so great she couldn't even cry out. The coppery taste of blood filled her mouth.
Once she had collected herself enough to think, she thought, Shouldn't I be used to being thrown into things by now? It happens often enough...
Alera got unsteadily to her feet, spitting out blood. She had to restrain herself from going after Paige - this was Satine's fight, and besides, she was angry, and when Alera fought while she was angry there was no telling what might happen...

Alpha
Aug 9th, 2002, 07:00:00 AM
Satine groans and gets to his feet, the pain in his side like a small flare going off.

"Paige, I think you've lost it. I am Satine. I am Alpha. I don't know who you think I would be, but I'll tell you what...You leave now, and I won't hurt you anymore..."

Satine unsheathes two long daggers from his belt, and looks at Paige, ready for anything.

Tempist the Uncaring
Aug 9th, 2002, 02:36:20 PM
Satine was ready for anything that Paige could throw at him right now. He wasn't ready for what Tempist had in mind though. The cloaked one smiled grimly, and held out a robed arm. Satine rose into the air, completely unexpectant of a move from the Dark One. The rogue Sith threw the jedi into a feild of nearby trees, and listened to the sound of smashing trunks as he fell. At the same time, Tempist handed Paige Horror, his red bladed saber.

"Use it well young one. I expect to get it back later on."

Alera Starreyes
Aug 9th, 2002, 02:50:07 PM
Alera's piercing gaze settled on Tempist. Before she knew it, she was moving, Dream ready to ignite in her hand. "Hello, Tempist." The young woman stopped in front of him. "We meet again." She paused, tilting her head. "I don't suppose you have the courage to fight someone who is ready for it?"

Paige Rayna
Aug 9th, 2002, 07:08:52 PM
"Leave ? You want me to leave ?!"

She was seething with anger when suddenly Tempist flung 'Dead Sound' like a rag doll towards the tree. She turned to him and grabbed the lightsabre he handed to her.

"My thanks, Tempist."

Igniting the weapon, a red beam spurted forth and a humming noise filled the air. A malicious grin creapt over her face.

Rushing towards where the man laid, she let out another fierce battle cry as she brought the beam down towards his chest, all the while using the Force to paralyze his body.

"Lies, all LIES! You deceitful flea-ridden brat!"

Tempist the Uncaring
Aug 10th, 2002, 08:14:16 AM
Not moving, the cloaked figgure simply stood.

"The only person here ready for me is Vega, and I doubt that you are talking about him."

He lifted an arm, and finally showed an appendage... a single gloved hand. He clenched it into a fist, and Alera found herself suddenly unable to breathe. Lifting the fist into the air, Alera found herself floating as Satine had been only moments ago. He threw her off to the side again, all the while continuing to constrict her breathing.

"You have years to wait if you plan on fighting me again little one... and this time even Malice cannot save you."

Alera Starreyes
Aug 10th, 2002, 08:28:39 AM
Alera tried furiously to draw breath into her lungs, but it wasn't working... A flicker of anger passed through her at the last statement. Closing her eyes, she strained to breathe, failing. Biting her lip, she got unsteadily to her feet, feeling light-headed and faint.
-I don't need him to save me this time.- She said into his mind with the Force. The young woman ignited Dream in her hand. -Fight me, if you're so confident!- Her icy blue gaze was defiant even through the blur of darkness that hovered around the edges of her vision.

Alpha
Aug 12th, 2002, 06:01:18 PM
"Flea-ridden brat?!" Satine cries, summoning the Force around him. She might have temporarily paralyzed his body, but that doesn't mean she paralyzed his powers. A Force shield causes the lightsabre to bounce off, and then, as Paige readies for another blow, Satine sends a piece of sharp tree whizzing at Paige's back...

Paige Rayna
Aug 12th, 2002, 07:38:23 PM
She was about to strike down on him again when her sensitive hearing picked up a slight noise ... something like a shard of something whizzing through the air.

Turning around, she swung her lightsabre at the piece of wood, slicing it inhalf. They fell at her feet and she whirled around, glaring at him.

"I'll kill you ... I WILL NOT BE DEFEATED !"

Alpha
Aug 12th, 2002, 07:47:57 PM
"Neither will I."

satine flips back to his feet, his face covered in cuts from a shattered tree he slammed into. He recalls his weapons, and waves Paige on...

Paige Rayna
Aug 13th, 2002, 06:01:25 PM
As soon as 'Dead Sound' waved her on, Paige sent a solid Force blast to his stomach while swinging the sabre swiftly at the right side of his neck.

Alpha
Aug 13th, 2002, 07:00:57 PM
Satine quickly ignites his sabre, getting it into position to defend himself. As he does, the Knight snap kicks Paige in the jaw, sending her backwards.

Tempist the Uncaring
Aug 24th, 2002, 07:40:44 AM
"Stupid child..."

With that, Tempist's cloak was dropped down from his back, revealing a more twisted and evil man than most had ever seen. He was dressed from head to toe in black leather, and many.. many weapons hung from his belt. Several blasters, an interesting assortment of daggers and other blades, as well as many many explosives. In his hand was Infinity, his trade-mark longsaber. He looked at her, almost staring through his eyebrows, with a bright red glow to his eyes now.

"You should have stayed in your play-penn."

Alera Starreyes
Aug 24th, 2002, 08:49:26 AM
Alera only smirked. -Just make sure you watch your back. Your move, Tempist.- Dream hummed softly in her hands.

Tempist the Uncaring
Aug 24th, 2002, 05:07:54 PM
Without another word, Tempist took two blindingly quick steps forward. He had grown significantly since their last 'confrontation', if you wanted to call it that. He lashed out with Infinity, one handed, taking advantage of the extra foot of saber to strike at her while staying out of her reach. At the same time, he grabbed a grenade from his belt, and stuck his finger into the pin-hole. He simply pulled it out, and threw it behind where Alera stood. If she didn't move, she would take all shrapnel heading his way. If she moved... well, there are many ways to avoid it when you are prepaired.

Alera Starreyes
Aug 24th, 2002, 05:30:27 PM
Alera quickly parried the blow from Infinity when she saw Tempist throw the grenade just behind where she was standing. Mentally swearing vehemently, the young woman leaped into the air, using the Force to take her higher and to briefly shield her.
The bomb exploded.
Alera almost didn't get the shield up in time - one of the fragments hit her leg, inflicting a deep wound that she knew would be trouble later on. As if it wasn't trouble now, she reflected with dark amusement.
She landed in a half-crouch behind Tempist, wincing slightly as she did so. She quickly straightened and swung Dream in an upward stroke towards Tempist's back.

Tempist the Uncaring
Aug 25th, 2002, 06:46:16 AM
A well prepaired force wall was all it took for the Knight, all shrapnel heading twards him was halted in it's path. He spun on the ball of his foot, bringing the end of Infinity around in a downward slash to smack Dream away twards the base of the handle, barely missing the hilt of her saber by a fraction of an inch. Tempist's other arm shot up, twards her, this time a throwing dagger shooting out from a hidden hilt, mounted on his wrist.

Alera Starreyes
Aug 25th, 2002, 10:51:28 AM
Alera ducked, the throwing dagger narrowly missing her head.
She was beginning to suspect that Tempist had improved a great deal since the last time they'd fought.
Quickly Alera hooked her foot around the back of Tempist's ankle, meaning to trip him, at the same time bringing Dream around in a slash at his midsection.

Paige Rayna
Aug 29th, 2002, 06:02:13 PM
All his kick did was make her lose her balance for a split second, only to see him block the attack. Her breathing began to become more ragged as her throat started to close up. However, the Jedi Knight seemed to have forgotten about the Force blast heading towards his stomach and was propelled backwards.

".. Who are you ?!"

Paige's fingers slipped loose from the sabre and it fell to the ground, nestling in the soft grass. Dead Sound began to shimmer away, leaving Satine in his place. A sudden mood swing clicked in the shapeshifter.

"Ah .. Satine ..."

A look of confusion flitted across her face before it was replaced by something more ... unusual.

"Is it true Jedi boys like candy?"

This time, a truly demonic smile appeared as she began to walk towards him, a slight sway in her hips.

"Come here," she crooned seductively.

Alpha
Aug 29th, 2002, 06:39:01 PM
Satine raises his eyebrows in surprise, as he gets back to his feet, feeling a rib was broken.

"You have GOT to be kidding me..." he mutters to himself, watching Paige closely.

Paige Rayna
Aug 29th, 2002, 08:00:38 PM
"I wouldn't kid you, Satine ..."

She slunk up besides him, and gingerly pressed her hand against his ribcage.

"You're hurt ..."

Paige leaned over and nipped at his ear, then took a step back, smirking somewhat.

Alpha
Aug 29th, 2002, 08:28:48 PM
Satine almost jumps at the nip, his eyes confused.

"Yes, I am hurt...And what exactly are you playing at?" Satine asks, looking into Paige's eyes.

Paige Rayna
Aug 30th, 2002, 10:44:39 PM
"You mean to say that you don't trust me?"

Indeed, it seemed like the shapeshifter's mind had snapped.

"Better yet .. You don't like it?"

Canting her head to the side, Paige put a hand on her hip while watching him.

"I can help you back towards the Order, if you'd like."

Alpha
Aug 30th, 2002, 10:47:20 PM
"Help back to the GJO would be good...though what would it cost me?"

Paige Rayna
Aug 30th, 2002, 10:51:57 PM
"Depends... What sort of escort service are you looking for?"

Alpha
Aug 30th, 2002, 10:55:55 PM
"Just getting me back to my ship. You can come with me if you like..." Satine was still wary of Paige, but if she could help, that would be useful...

Paige Rayna
Aug 31st, 2002, 10:09:56 AM
In an instant, Paige was by his side again. Wrapping one arm around his waist and taking his other to drape it around her neck, she began to help him walk towards his ship. If she began to go in the wrong direction, Satine would tell her otherwise and the two would get back on track.

Alpha
Aug 31st, 2002, 11:41:23 PM
Finally the two make it two Dark Star, and Satine turns to face Paige.

"I'm just curious, but why did you help me?"

Paige Rayna
Sep 1st, 2002, 09:59:20 AM
"Because you're hurt."

She let go of him with one hand and trailed it down his cheek, then looked towards his ship.

"Will you take me with you ?"

Alpha
Sep 1st, 2002, 10:12:58 AM
"Where do you want to go?" he asks, motioning Paige into his ship. "Or do you mean me taking you to the Order?"

Paige Rayna
Sep 1st, 2002, 04:22:27 PM
"It doesn't matter .. Just anywhere you go."

After they boarded his ship, Paige looked around in slight awe. Never had she boared a space craft before, and it was a whole new experience to her.

Alpha
Sep 1st, 2002, 08:16:12 PM
Satine smiles, and then jumps into the pilot's bubble, into the chair in the centre of it. He landed with a thud, and cried out. He had forgotten about his injuries.

"We'll head to Arcan IV. You'll be able to hang there for a while. Or, I have an extra room in my quarters." Satine says, turning on the engines, and activating the wings, the wings folding out, and the ship lifting off, and taking flight. Soon they make it into space, and then jumps to lightspeed. Unbuckling his harness, Satine hobbles out of the pilot's bubble, and drops itno the seat beside Paige.

"This is your first time on a ship, isn't it?"

Paige Rayna
Sep 1st, 2002, 10:27:45 PM
"Yes, yes it is," she murmured, looking out the window. The stars that flickered in space were truly unique...

For a moment, it didn't register that he said they were going to Arcan IV, the Jedi Base. Then he said that there was an extra room in his quarters. Immediately her eyes lit up as they looked at him.

"Are you offering to let me stay ... in your quarters?" Her voice was pleasantly smooth, almost like honey.

Alpha
Sep 2nd, 2002, 08:28:46 PM
"Yes. It's a two bedroom apartment. I could use some company too." Satine says, rubbing his ribs a bit, trying to massage them, and make then feel better.

Tempist the Uncaring
Sep 3rd, 2002, 05:23:54 PM
Tempist jumped slightly, avoiding the ankle, and also raising his saber. The blades clashed, with a loud 'vwoom'. Tempist also saw the events unfolding next to him.

Then so be it.

He held out one hand, calling back Horror from Paige.

Go then, traitor.

Using both sabers, Tempist sent Horror to slice twards Alera's legs, and at the same time, slashed downwards with Infinity, so even if she should move to avoid the lower of the two, she would also have to worry about the extra foot of energy.

Paige Rayna
Sep 3rd, 2002, 05:49:59 PM
"Some female companionship?"

Paige smirked again and then leant her head on his shoulder, dirty blonde hair spilling over his shirt.

Alpha
Sep 3rd, 2002, 06:26:51 PM
Satine gives a little smile, and wrape his right arm around Paige.

"Maybe..."

Paige Rayna
Sep 3rd, 2002, 06:32:43 PM
".. Are we there yet?"

Hopefully this statement made him feel slightly better, as she could feel the pain radiating from his body.

Alera Starreyes
Sep 3rd, 2002, 06:41:08 PM
Alera leaped backwards, missing Horror, and quickly brought Dream up to block Infinity, halting the saber's beam about an inch from her shoulder. She was shocked at the effort she had to put forth to stop the blow. But then, that thing with the fire had taken a lot out of her...
The young woman brought Dream around in a swing at his side, watching Tempist sharply for anything he might do.

Alpha
Sep 3rd, 2002, 07:23:24 PM
"We got a few hours left. If you don't mind, I think I'm going to go into a healing trance, kay?" Satine asks, looking at his new-found friend...maybe more then that, actually...

Tempist the Uncaring
Sep 3rd, 2002, 08:41:11 PM
Tempist sharply twisted his wrist, to bring Infinity back around, smashing Dream out of line with his body.

"So determined... why do you waste your tallents on the light, little one? I sense much hate in you, much suffering in your past. I could teach you to channel that anguish, to become even stronger, if you let me. It truly does disapoint me to see one with such untaped power, and no means of using it."

Alera Starreyes
Sep 4th, 2002, 04:19:31 AM
Alera gritted her teeth, forcing herself to calm down, not to rise to the bait. Waste her talents on light indeed... She said calmly, "I suppose you'll have to be disappointed then. I will never become a Sith."

Paige Rayna
Sep 4th, 2002, 04:51:54 AM
A slight pout drew on her lips as she raised her head, looking at him.

"Of course I don't mind. I guess I'll just sleep until we land."

Alpha
Sep 4th, 2002, 05:42:53 AM
Satine gives a little smile, before taking a deep breath and focusing, letting the Force flow through him. Before long, he is deep in a trance--but he could be awakened if soemthing wrong happens...

Tempist the Uncaring
Sep 4th, 2002, 11:16:21 AM
"M' dear, you don't have many options. If you do not use that anger and hate that brews within, even as we speak, it will burn into you and destory you in the end. You may as well submit to it, and feel relieved again. Wouldn't you like to be happy again? Wouldn't you like to know that you have nothing to fear?"

Alera Starreyes
Sep 4th, 2002, 01:37:06 PM
"I could never be happy knowing that innocent people would come to harm because of me. I could never be happy if my life consisted of slaughtering the helpless and killing those who defend them. That's why I am what I am, and why I will never go over to the Dark side, Tempist!"

Tempist the Uncaring
Sep 4th, 2002, 06:33:45 PM
"NO ONE IS INNOCENT! Can you tell me that you have never EVER hurt another person? Hmm? Can you tell me that they hadn't provoked you, gave you reason to hurt them? I know you have, that's why you had no saber last time we met. You are afraid. You fear the power I can give you. You need not be weak, you need not be the push over that the light will make you. Join me."

Alera Starreyes
Sep 5th, 2002, 02:41:04 PM
That struck a nerve. Alera gritted her teeth. Don't get angry. That's what he wants. She told herself. But it was useless.

"Yes, I have hurt people. I've killed before. It's wrong, and I hate it, and I hate myself for doing it! But at least I'm trying to resist it! I'm doing a lot less damage as I am than if I were like you." She was breathing hard. "There are innocents in the Universe. What about children, Tempist? How many children did you kill in that blast?" She was nearly shouting, shaking with grief and anger. "How many people did you slaughter today? It doesn't matter if they were innocent or not! None of them had a chance of fleeing, or even fighting back! NOBODY, no matter WHAT they've done deserves to die!" She took a moment to get herself relatively back under control.

"I would rather die than exist for no other purpose but to kill."

Alpha
Sep 5th, 2002, 07:39:45 PM
An hour and a half later, Satine's eyes snap open, and he sees Paige curled up in the seat next to him. He looks at the pilot'sbubble, and sees the light telling him that the ship was about to come out of hyperspace. Getting up, Satine gets into the pilot's chair, and reverts to realspace, over Arcan IV. He looks down at his home, and smiles, hitting the button that extended the wings for cruising. He lands without a bump, the ship settling with a hyrdaulic hiss. Getting up, Satine strecthes, pleased to find his ribs almost completely healed--just a little sore.

Gathering up his weapons, Satine clips them to his belt--for easier carrying--, and walks over to Paige, shaking her lightly to wake her.

"Paige? Wake up, we're here." he says softly...

{OOC:Paige, check in the JEdi LQ for the continuation of this, kay? :)}

Paige Rayna
Sep 5th, 2002, 10:39:57 PM
"Hm..?"

Lifting her head, Paige reached up with a hand to rub her eyes before realizing what was going on. After it dawned on her, the Shapeshifter got to her feet and stifled a yawn.

As the ramp opened, the two departed ....

Tempist the Uncaring
Sep 6th, 2002, 05:55:41 PM
He lowered his head slightly, his eyes still locked on Alera. The gaze was an odd one. Strangely seductive, yet it reminded any familiar to the subject, of a serial killer.

"No one deserves to die, no matter what they do? Then what will you do to me? I do not deserve to die then, no matter how many I've killed, no matter who. You do not deserve to die, and yet you have killed. You have caused harm to others. You said so yourself. You do not deserve to die, yet it seems that you may well anyway, as a pennance for your sins. You need not thoguh, you can live, longer than any other person ever could. All you have to do is submit to your anger."

He clipped his weapons to his belt, and held his arms out, beconing her to lash out at him in her hatred.

"Strike me."

Alera Starreyes
Sep 7th, 2002, 10:38:37 AM
Alera glared at him. "You have no idea how much I want to," she said quietly. Indeed, her fists were clenched so tightly that her knuckles were white. Every time she thought she had herself under control, an image kept flashing into her head of the city exploding...
Her arm moved with seemingly a will of its own. But before she could strike him, she dropped her saber and grabbed her arm before she could follow through and hit him. Gritting her teeth, she held on until she was sure she could let go without hitting him, then released her arm. She breathed deeply, trying to calm herself. Slowly, she picked up Dream, leaving it deactivated. Her eyes never left Tempist's.

Tempist the Uncaring
Sep 7th, 2002, 05:47:22 PM
His grin grew darker, and his eyes took on a hypnotic sheen, as their gazes were locked.

Give in, you know you want to., a voice in her head said. It didn't sound exactly like her, it seemed to have no true voice, much like one's mental monalogue would be. Even though it was Tempist's connection with the force, pushing the words into her head, she didn't quite realize it.

"Maybe you should stop resisting what your entire being is telling you to do. Strike me."

Alera Starreyes
Sep 8th, 2002, 08:53:28 AM
Alera stood completely still, utterly unsure of herself. Only her clenched fist moved, and it was trembling. She wanted to hit him, incredibly badly, but she knew she shouldn't, that was exactly what he wanted her to do... she wanted to look away from his gaze, but found she could not, she couldn't even close her eyes... Her hand was starting to bleed from the constant pressure of her nails into her palm.

Quietly, she said, "If my entire being was telling me to do it, I would have done it already." But she wasn't sure. Would she? Was she only holding onto a part of herself that no longer existed?

She really wanted to hit him.

And suddenly, she did.

Alera stared in shock at the bloody streak across Tempist's left cheek from where her bloodied palm had struck it. She felt sick. It's that easy... that easy to let anger take control... Even worse was the feeling of satisfaction that filled her.

She broke his gaze, stared at her hand. Closed her eyes.

She was afraid.

Tempist the Uncaring
Sep 8th, 2002, 12:08:06 PM
Tempist simply grinned, enjoying the new pain. He loved it, he loved knowing that even the most rightous would eventually submit.

"You see how it pleases you? I can sense the satasfaction radiating out of your body, you are happy you did it. Be not afraid, little one, I will teach you to control your anger, not for your anger to control you. All you have to do is submit."

Alera Starreyes
Sep 8th, 2002, 06:06:07 PM
Alera looked back up at Tempist. She shook her head, her eyes seeming to glow with inner flame. "Never." She said quietly, firmly.

Tempist the Uncaring
Sep 9th, 2002, 08:17:13 PM
A look of dismay came accross Tempist's face, and he sighed slightly, as if it were an unimportant detail.

"Fine then, if you will not, you shall die."

Tempist quickly held out his arm, and turned his wrist to face her, as if aiming. Suddenly, a highly concentrated force blast shook Alera, and the very ground she stood on. The force of the blast was enough to knock a good sized raincor to it's rear, let alone a small, weak jedi. But hey, what other kind is there?

Alera Starreyes
Sep 10th, 2002, 04:20:33 PM
Instinctively Alera tried to throw up a Force shield, but she was far too weak. Tempist's push shattered it to pieces. She was thrown - blasted backwards, finally landing roughly on her back. Pain shot through her. The wind was completely knocked out of her. She managed to collect herself and slowly, stiffly, painfully got to her feet again.
Dream had been knocked out of her hand. She summoned it back quickly. She was breathing hard, her entire body ached, and her injured leg was hurting her almost unbearably. Meeting Tempist's gaze, she moved forward a few steps, igniting Dream's pale blue glow.

Tempist the Uncaring
Sep 10th, 2002, 07:23:54 PM
Tempist paused for a breif moment, and pondered about weather he should just kill her now, or try to corrupt her further than she already was. She was no better than him now, she'd attacked out of anger, she was just like him. She had much pain now, much fuel for darkness. If she mattered enough for him to try to change her, then now would be the best time to do so. In an instant that seemed to streatch twards eternity, he finished his thought and decided....

"Goodbye Alera."

He drew, and lashed out with, Infinity, attacking her with blindingly quick speed. He had a side attack prepaired should she manage to block, but either way, she would be gone within a minite.

Alera Starreyes
Sep 11th, 2002, 06:12:28 PM
Alera barely managed to block the attack, only to be attacked again at her side an instant later. She tried to dodge, but she was too slow and the saber struck her fairly deeply in the side. She gasped in pain, and, suddenly angry again, she attacked, feinting to Tempist's right before going in earnest to his left. To her shock, she found herself drawing energy from her anger and pain.
That is not the way! she cried inwardly. But part of her had different ideas and her eyes glinted darkly as she went for his left.

Tempist the Uncaring
Sep 11th, 2002, 08:43:31 PM
He could sense it growing in her, the darkness. Perhaps her will wasn't as strong as they had thought it was. It mattered not right now, he still had a task at hand. Tempist drew Horror again as well, meaning to stab her while he blocked her saber with Infinity. As if by a mericle of chance, Horror found itself perfectly in line to block Alera's feint. He once again lashed out with Infinity, this time twards her right side, as if to remove a chunk of her ribcage. Almost emediatley afterwards, he gave a sharp kick to her ankles, trying to bring her to the ground.

Alera Starreyes
Sep 12th, 2002, 05:06:53 PM
As she fought with Tempist, the young woman also fought with herself.
This is not the way, she repeated firmly to herself. You shouldn't use your anger as a weapon! You have no reason to be angry.
Oh yes I do. She summoned the image of the city exploding once more.
Don't you see? He can't help himself. He's forgotten how to care.
All he knows is pain.
Alera blinked as her anger melted away.
And Tempist went for her side.
She just barely managed to block the blow. Then, she saw the kick. She tried to leap backwards, but was too slow and the kick got one of her legs. She started to fall, tried to catch herself with her other leg.
Her injured one.
It flared with pain and collapsed, and she was on her hands and knees, Dream skittering out of her hand.
Immediately she rolled to the side and got to her feet as quickly as she could. She could barely ignore the pain. Her heart was pounding as she called Dream back to her hand. She'd managed to get back up this time - but would she be able to again?

Tempist the Uncaring
Sep 12th, 2002, 05:18:25 PM
He decided, in one breif moment of compassion, to offer her infinate power one last time.

"You are already corrupted, I can sense inner turmoil in you. You can be powerful, you can live. Don't you want to continue existing? No one else cares what happens to you, even the other jedi have turned their backs. I am the only one who would give you this chance, the only one who would offer the opportunity to keep you thriving, to let you fullfill your desteny. Don't you want the hurt and confusion to go away?"

Alera Starreyes
Sep 13th, 2002, 03:10:13 PM
Alera shook her head. "When I said I'd rather die than live to cause pain, I meant it. And if that is my destiny, then so be it." She raised an eyebrow. "Why do you care? Why so much effort in trying to change me?"

Tempist the Uncaring
Sep 13th, 2002, 04:31:38 PM
A small smile began to tug at the corners of his mouth, just barely visible.

"It's one thing to destory non-force users. They do not care about anything other than a select few things, like feeding themselves and possibly a family, worying about overdue debts, and things like that. They don't think about what happens outside of their little bubble. Force users know what's happening around them though, and realize the things greater than them. I would perfer if I did not have to destory one, finding a good one is indeed rare. I feel that here, I have found a rather nice gem of obsidian, waiting to be cleaned and polished. Diamonds are too boring, and tend to take the prestiege. I do not want to kill you, I would rather see a rough draft of a powerful being be completed, and perfected. I do not want to tear you up."

Alera Starreyes
Sep 14th, 2002, 09:08:50 AM
Alera's injured leg was starting to tremble under her weight. She knew she couldn't last much longer in this fight.
"Well then," she said, "if you don't want to, why not just let me leave and we can finish this another time?" She smiled, her tone slightly joking. Bravado.

Tempist the Uncaring
Sep 14th, 2002, 09:26:03 AM
"Because there is no point to dwelling on good ideas that never took form, creates regret. I'd rather kill you now instead of regretting not killing you later."

Getting bored with this conversation, Tempist sent two quick slashes twards Alera, from left to right and back again.

Alera Starreyes
Sep 14th, 2002, 07:54:37 PM
Alera staggered backwards away from the first slash and parried the other with Dream. She winced as she felt her leg nearly give out.
"Do you think the threat of death is going to turn me to the Dark Side?" She asked, slightly breathless. "It's not."

Tempist the Uncaring
Sep 16th, 2002, 11:48:39 AM
A low grin spread accross his face, yet again. He was truly going mad.

"No M' dear, it's not a threat..."

He steped forward again, taking a stab with Infinity, leaving Horror to block any deflection by Alera.

"...it's a promise."

Drawing upon the dark energies that now resided within him, he pulled Alera twards him through the force.

"You have sealed your descision. You must now reap the consciquences."

Alera Starreyes
Sep 16th, 2002, 02:16:52 PM
"No M' dear it's not a threat..."

Alera tried to block Infinity, but Horror intercepted it and the saber came on... she stumbled backwards on instinct, fell. Managed to roll to a few feet away and lifted herself onto one knee. She'd managed to keep Dream in her hand, though it was deactivated.

"...it's a promise."

She could feel him pulling her forward. With a strength born of desperation she used the Force to hold her in that spot. She was only just resisting him by the skin of her teeth, and it was painful. Shaking, still working hard on not moving towards Tempist, she ignored the pain in her leg as best she could and slowly got to her feet.
Her control on keeping herself steady wavered, broke. She was slowly being pulled toward Tempist.

"You have sealed your decision. You must now reap the consequences."

Alera activated Dream and stabbed at Tempist. She was not going to go down without a fight.

Tempist the Uncaring
Sep 17th, 2002, 02:13:02 PM
At the last possible second before they were in striking distance of eachother, Tempist gave a solid, powerful force push to Alera, catching her off guard. Taking advantage of her new delema, Tempist lashed out at her legs with Infinity, once again keeping Horror back for defense.

Alera Starreyes
Sep 17th, 2002, 02:28:54 PM
Alera quickly blocked Infinity with Dream. "I have made my decision." She locked eyes with Tempist. "I am prepared for the consequences." She stepped forward, bringing her saber in a sideways arc towards his neck.
"I am not afraid of you!"

Tempist the Uncaring
Sep 17th, 2002, 02:59:40 PM
Not bothering to give her an answer, Tempist brought Horror back around with a sharp twist of his wrist, deflecting Dream. Infinity came back around, this time going twards her hand. He steped back slightly, making use of the exta long blade. This allowed him to strike at her, without getting in striking distance of her blade.

Alera Starreyes
Sep 18th, 2002, 03:24:44 PM
Alera jerked her arm backwards. It was a painfully close miss. She was slowing down.
I really must be insane, Alera thought somewhat giddily. Shouldn't I be running for my life about now? Blasted pride. The young woman stepped forward and slashed downwards with her saber. Her only chance was to press forward. If he knocked her backwards and she fell, and she couldn't get up again... she'd be done. She knew that only too well.
She was fighting for her life.

Tempist the Uncaring
Sep 20th, 2002, 05:48:53 PM
This was getting too easy.

Tempist matched her blade with Horror, yet again, but this time crossed with Infinity, stoping her saber dead in it's tracks, like being caught in a pair of siscors. He then gave a sharp kick to her bad leg, simply because he needed a change of pace.

Alera Starreyes
Sep 21st, 2002, 08:41:23 AM
With a gasp of pain, Alera felt her leg give way... she fell, landing painfully on top of her injured leg. Dream skittered out of her hand.
Oh shoot...

Tempist the Uncaring
Sep 21st, 2002, 01:12:29 PM
Tempist steped forward, twards Alera's now crippled form. He slowly placed his foot down on her chest, but applied a steady rise of pressure. She would soon be unable to move her diaphram.

"Say hello to my family for me."

Alera Starreyes
Sep 21st, 2002, 03:33:08 PM
Alera closed her eyes briefly in pain. She looked up, meeting Tempist's gaze squarely. -I'll be sure to tell them what a lovely cold-blooded killer you've become,- she said sardonically through the Force.

She held his gaze a few moments more before gathering her strength and summoning her lightsaber back. Igniting it, she stabbed at Tempist's ankle.

Tempist the Uncaring
Sep 21st, 2002, 06:34:12 PM
He hadn't expected this woman to take the saber back, she seemed too weak. Ah well, it didn't matter. He removed his foot from her chest, and allowed his body to flow back into the hole her saber had made, so he wouldn't bleed to death. It was good to be a shapeshifter. He would still have a large limp untill it healed, but now it was shut.

In a fleeting moment of rage nearly uncontrolable rage, Tempist stabbed down at her chest with Infinity, and pushed Dream back above her head with Horror. His hate for this woman was growing.

Alera Starreyes
Sep 21st, 2002, 08:56:50 PM
Alera had a moment of panic as Infinity sped towards her chest before instinct took over. She reached out with the Force to halt Tempist's hand. The saber's beam stopped inches from her chest.

She'd said it didn't matter if he killed her, that she wasn't afraid. But now that it came to it, she was. Oh, she was. She wasn't ready to die.

Sweat beaded on her forehead and she trembled as she struggled to keep the lightsaber from piercing her heart. She closed her eyes as she concentrated harder than she ever had before.

Tempist the Uncaring
Sep 21st, 2002, 09:11:07 PM
He grinned, and decided one last time to offer the darkness.

Make your choice now. Say yes, you live and learn the darkness. Say no, and I stop holding back. he said through the force, not wasting any oxeygen with his voice. He continued pressing down twards her with Infinity, keeping his guard up with Horror should she decide to do somthing stupid like fight back.

Alera Starreyes
Sep 22nd, 2002, 09:06:23 AM
Alera's face didn't change as he said this, except perhaps to pale slightly - both from his words and from the fact that her strength was failing. Infinity was drawing slowly closer to its mark. She didn't open her eyes.

I don't want to die, she thought shakily. It suddenly hit her that she'd spent so much of her life worrying and trying to keep herself in check that she'd never had the chance to really live.

I don't have to die... I have a choice... But she wasn't happy with either option. She remembered once again the fate of the city, and suppressed the urge to shudder. I can't live like that, I can't...

But couldn't she? She'd done similar things before, after all... was it really worth dying to keep resisting?

Infinity was now so close that she could feel its heat.

She sighed. She spoke into his mind, her voice defeated. -Let me up, please... I don't want to die.-

Tempist the Uncaring
Sep 22nd, 2002, 06:07:04 PM
Upon hearing her descision, Tempist deactivated Infinity and Horror, placing them back on his belt. With one hand, he called Dream to him, and extended the other to Alera, to help her up.

Then come with me young one, you've much to learn.

Alera Starreyes
Sep 23rd, 2002, 03:09:54 PM
Alera took his hand, let him help her up. It was hard for her to stand, her injured leg still shaking under her weight. She took a few deep breaths, trying to catch her breath.

This likely was not a good idea... in fact, likely a very bad idea... but she had little choice in the matter now.

Alera released Tempist's hand - and promptly punched him in the face, at the same time sending as strong a Force push as she could muster at his stomach.

-Apparently, so have you.-

Tempist the Uncaring
Sep 23rd, 2002, 03:24:45 PM
Without releasing Dream, Tempist stumbeled backwards slightly. In a moment of extreme anger, he ignited her saber as he regained his ballance, and stabbed at her, back handed. He drew Infinity, and prepaired to hack into her further, leaving her dismembered if he had his way. If this child thought she could escape now, then she still needed more schooling. No one conned Tempist and lived to tell.

Alera Starreyes
Sep 24th, 2002, 04:17:56 PM
Alera moved backwards away from Dream, using the Force to help her ignore the pain from her wounds and to give her speed.

Tempist was angry now, and that was bad. He also had her weapon, and that was worse...

And then she remembered Starfire.

The first time she'd fought Tempist, she'd carried only a sword. When finally Tempist had begun to use his lightsaber, that sword had been shorn in two. But she'd reforged it, into something stronger than before.

The young woman drew the sword, formerly strapped to her back, just in time to block Infinity's thrust. She smiled grimly. Never again would Tempist shatter this blade.

Alera feinted with Starfire to Tempist's left before striking hard to his right.

Tempist the Uncaring
Sep 28th, 2002, 09:23:32 AM
Alera's blade narrowly missed his side, she'd overshot her target. Growing angry and bored, Tempist gave a quick slash twards Alera's chest, leaving Dream back to block the blade should she attack.

Alera Starreyes
Sep 28th, 2002, 10:16:34 AM
Alera blocked with Starfire, the silvery blade seeming to sing through the air. She did not attack, merely standing ready, waiting for Tempist's move. She would wait for an opening.

Tempist the Uncaring
Sep 30th, 2002, 03:35:28 PM
Bah, your boring me now. Goodbye. Tempist said, straight into Alera's mind.

With this, he threw Dream at her, spinning in the air like a discus. He lept a good twenty feet into the air, by combining his powerful legs with the aid of the force, and shifted in midair, as wings sprouted out from his back, tearing the cloak appart. It unveiled several sabers, a large sword, several throwing daggers, a few small explosives, and the master deteonater, on his belt. He took the timer, and smashed it in his hands... a fail safe mechanism. If all of the explosives did not go off, then they would now.

Unfortunatley, not all of the explosives had gone. He'd known all along that his little village would draw a bit of attention, and he planned on leaving a lasting impression.... one last explosion shook the ground beneath him, no one there was expecting it. He flew up, and away, to the secret location where his ship was hidden. He was happy with the day's events, and had left a message engraned in the minds of all...

The plague would never die. Only worsen.