PDA

View Full Version : At the other end of the bar...

Marcus Telcontar
Aug 4th, 2002, 06:34:09 AM
A lone humaniod sat, smoking what appeared to be a pipe, his hooded eyes watching the comings and goings of the bar. To the staff and the anyone else not a Jedi - even some of the Jeid themselves - he was just a nameless travel stained regular, with his spot in the furthest corner, out of the way of everyone else

Only the Jedi and a very, very small handful whom he had chosen to reveal himself to knew who this was. And even then, he was a name to all but the closest to him, an enigma, a mystery. Rarely he even showed his face and then always at times when he knew there were no other observers.

Sometimes he wondered, what would the scum who came in here think if they knew what was under the hood, the patched and worn cloak, the figure that just sat and quietly watched their every movement? He suspected they wouldn't like the fact a Jedi Master that had escaped attention or knowledge was watching.

Ohter names, like Turbogeek, Tohmahawk he had been known as, with different faces and different attitudes and clothing. Nothing could link them to who he was now, the real being, the real face and the real name.

The name Marcus Q'Dunn meant nothing to the Galaxy and this bearded and weatherbeaten face was not on databases anywhere. Just the way he wanted it. There would be a time he would reveal just whom he was, but that time was not now. So he leaned back, puffed on his pipe and watched as the patrons fo the Bar and Grill passed on by

Alpha
Aug 4th, 2002, 07:33:35 AM
Satine quietly walks in, his trenchvest flowing behind him. Looking around, he sees no one he recognizes, but he does see one that feels fairly familiar. Heading over to Marcus's table, Satine motions to the empty chair.

"Mind if I sit down?" the silver haired Jedi asks, smiling.

Maester Wargrave
Aug 4th, 2002, 08:17:33 AM
It was time to meet the husband. He'd met the wife almost a year ago, while watching the reunification of her and her husband.

The cloaked figure was almost certain he would be recognized. It mattered to him not...aliases were something he wasn't too fond of, but it allowed him to do more things that his normal name might not let him do.

Maester Wargrave walked through the bar, walking directly towards Marcus Q'Dunn and the silver-haired man who stood next to him.

The Dark Jedi sniffed the air, smelling the tobacco from the pipe.

"Interesting tobacco...do you mind if I take a seat as well, sir?"

Marcus Telcontar
Aug 4th, 2002, 09:46:00 PM
He still remained silent, but with a wave of his hand, he gave permission for either to take a seat.

But his hooded eyes were trained on Wargrave

Maester Wargrave
Aug 5th, 2002, 12:33:19 AM
Wargrave took a seat across from Q'Dunn his nose curdling at the smell of the tobacco.

"Frog Morten's...Latakia Number One..." he sniffed again, "Strong with a hint of chocolate. I compliment you on your selection of tobacco. It mixes well with the roughness and haggardness of your clothes.

"My father used to smoke that kind of tobacco. He enjoyed it himself. Tell me...did you ever know him?"

Alpha
Aug 5th, 2002, 06:38:52 AM
Satine takes a seat, but dioesn't say anything. Something told him these two might know each other...

Marcus Telcontar
Aug 6th, 2002, 12:56:06 AM
He removed the pipe from his mouth and gave the bowl a glance, not bothering to drop back his hood, but to keep his face covered.

"No, I believe this is Longbottom leaf. From somewhere close to home."

He returned the pipe to his mouth and puffed silently for a moment.

"What makes you think I would know you father?"

Maester Wargrave
Aug 6th, 2002, 02:02:41 AM
"Quiite simple," Wargrave replied, "You have been a Jedi for quite some time. I would surmise you have done research- if not experience- with Jedi known before the Old Republic became the Empire."

He sniffed again, "No...I am fairly certain it is Frog Morten's....Longbottom Leaf has a distinctly tart and green flavor to it. This is more chocolately than green. Regardless which one it is, you choose your tobacco well.

"My compliments."

Marcus Telcontar
Aug 6th, 2002, 02:42:32 AM
"How do you know I am a Jedi even? You have the word of another maybe? It is certainly not in the records of anywhere that you would say that. You hardly even know what my face is. I could be... anything.." he stated, waving a hand as an emphasis point "... or I could be nothing at all. Have I been seen doing anything a Jedi uniquely would do? Maybe I am an illusion, a sceptre, a ghost. Maybe I am a nameless shadow that decieves all, a whisper in the dark. That is what is good about having no past that anyone truly knows about.... I can be a shadow and you would not know where and what I am. So tell me, how do you sumise I have been a Jedi at all?"

Maester Wargrave
Aug 6th, 2002, 02:53:55 AM
"If you were an illusion...I would be unable to smell you. The fact your presence is quite familiar is another reason why you are not a stranger.

"And perhaps, I am the shadow..."

Wargrave spoke through the Force, Mister Q'Dunn.

Alpha
Aug 6th, 2002, 06:52:02 AM
Satine smiles slightly, until Wargrave said he might have been the shadow. Reaching out with his senses, Satine tries and gets a reading off of Wargrave, already fairly sure of who the hooded one was.

Marcus Telcontar
Aug 10th, 2002, 08:03:01 PM
A name means nothing, Master Wargrave - you and I know that well.

"you failed to answer my question. You call me a Jedi, yet I point out you don't even really know whom I am. What if I am some sort of monster, a venomous trap? Prove to me, to yourself I am a Jedi first and I will answer your question about your father without deciet"

Maester Wargrave
Aug 10th, 2002, 09:28:51 PM
That we do Mister Q'Dunn. That we do.

"Well," Wargrave pondered the question, "Why would a Jedi use deceit to begin with? Isn't their honor and loyalty strong enough to prove they speak truth?

"And one of the only ways to prove if you are a Jedi or not is to attack you. And personally, I am not here for a battle at all.

"A test of mind then?"