PDA

View Full Version : Testament to Mr. Shymalan's genius

Sanis Prent
Aug 4th, 2002, 01:23:51 AM
You never see the alien...until the very end. A leg disappearing into corn...a chitter on a baby monitor. a clawed hand, grasping under a door. You never see it. When you do...its in a way that you don't notice it until later. When Mel brings the TV back into the living room from the alcove, and you can see the outline of the alien in the reflection on the blank screen. I jumped out of my seat and shrieked. I have never had a burst of tension like that...ever. And to make it all the more impressive....I already knew it was coming, and STILL freaked!

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 7th, 2002, 12:14:36 PM
I was going to respond to it, but got busy. Well I agree with that is one of the reasons why I loved the movie the mystery, its similar to Jaws and Silence of the Lambs that way, you never really see anything until the end which makes it even more supsenful.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 12th, 2002, 11:48:17 PM
You jumped and shrieked!?

:lol

Sorry..I just find that amusing. I didn't jump at that part, because Viscera had already mentioned that reflection in the TV in the OOC forum. Ah well. :)

I jumped plenty of other times. At first I thought Graham had gotten his OWN fingers chopped off...I was confused for a while.