PDA

View Full Version : The "My Weather" section on the Portal..

TheHolo.Net
Aug 3rd, 2002, 03:11:24 PM
..Has just been fixed for all United States cities (since that was a simple fix) but is still not fully functional for cities outside of the US. I have manually fixed the following UK and Cities:

Glasgow
Liverpool
Birmingham
Sheffield
Manchester

And I have also fixed Sydney Australia.

If and when a fix is released that will allow me to repair the weather data for all the non US cities becomes available I will apply it immediately, but in the interim anyone who uses the weather module and lives in a city outside of the US and sees that their cities weather data looks very wrong, please list the city and country name here so I can manually fix that weather data on our portal. :)

thanks

Chase Starwalker
Aug 3rd, 2002, 06:54:14 PM
coolio :)

Dae Jinn
Aug 3rd, 2002, 08:50:25 PM
it works for me :\ odd.

TheHolo.Net
Aug 3rd, 2002, 08:52:09 PM
Hmm, I guess maybe the easy fix worked for all North American cities then. :)

Dae Jinn
Aug 3rd, 2002, 08:57:27 PM
no, i mean, it's always worked pretty well for me. lol. maybe cos i dun know the difference between Fahrenhiet and Celieous (gah, bad spelling!!!!! :eek) :lol

TheHolo.Net
Aug 3rd, 2002, 09:00:47 PM
Well, it was broken for about 4 days before I noticed it. :p

MSNBC changed their server settings on the 28th of last month.

Dae Jinn
Aug 3rd, 2002, 09:02:14 PM
shows you how many times i go to the portal....:lol

TheHolo.Net
Aug 5th, 2002, 10:47:02 PM
Announcement:

The Weather module on the portal has been reworked completely. Everyone will have to redo their settings for it to function for their location. From what I can see in Colorado, there are many more cities available in this new upgrade. Hopefully that is the case for other regions too. :)

Let me know if there are any problems.

TheHolo.Net
Aug 5th, 2002, 11:30:36 PM
BTW: If your city is not listed in the My Weather settings on our portal, please list the city, and State/Region here. I can check http://www.msnbc.com/ and see if it exists on MSNBC, if it does exist on that web site, I can add it to our weather module here. :)

Graem N Snowbringer
Aug 6th, 2002, 11:20:46 AM
Just checked out the weather for sunny Sheffield in "My Weather" and it appears to be and feel like -18 degrees even though it's at least 20 degrees outside (and I have been out all day)so I guess it assumes it's colder than anywhere else in Sheffield....must be all the rain we get over here......

O_o

TheHolo.Net
Aug 6th, 2002, 04:52:23 PM
Okay, that makes me wonder if the weather for Sheffield is the same in the weather section on http://www.msnbc.com/ as it is on the display on your portal here. If not then that table entry is coded wrong and a little bit of tweaking on my part will correct it.

Morgan Evanar
Aug 6th, 2002, 05:46:57 PM
Its too frellin hot here. I don't need a thermometer to tell me that.

Sean Piett
Aug 6th, 2002, 07:37:58 PM
Ogre, the Unofficial NJO Database link doesn't work. I did the 'Report broken link' thinger, but I'm not sure if you got it.

TheHolo.Net
Aug 6th, 2002, 08:08:25 PM
Alrighty, Hadn't checked my mail yet, but I shall clean up the links. Thanks :)

Leeloo Mina
Aug 7th, 2002, 03:52:31 AM
Hurray. It's fixed. Although I didn't notice it was broken....

Now I can get the weather from a star wars page... YAY! I love you, swfans.net

*hugs swfans*

Miklon
Aug 7th, 2002, 12:22:03 PM
Originally posted by Leeloo Mina
Now I can get the weather from a star wars page... YAY! I love you, swfans.net

Wow, I never thought looking out the window would become obsolete. ;)

Leeloo Mina
Aug 8th, 2002, 08:02:28 AM
My windows are covered with thick blankets to keep the sun out.. =P

TheHolo.Net
Aug 8th, 2002, 08:06:50 AM
:lol

Leeloo Mina
Aug 8th, 2002, 09:26:42 AM
Whaaaaaaaat? Is something wrong with that? :p

Alpha
Aug 8th, 2002, 01:26:12 PM
Of course not. The sun is painful. It burns...:) :lol

Anadi
Aug 8th, 2002, 08:40:24 PM
that it does >_<

Don't feel so bad, LeeLoo, I've done the same thing to all of my windows. :D So yay for online weather reports! lol