PDA

View Full Version : The "My Weather" section on the Portal..

TheHolo.Net
Aug 3rd, 2002, 03:11:24 PM
..Has just been fixed for all United States cities (since that was a simple fix) but is still not fully functional for cities outside of the US. I have manually fixed the following UK and Cities:

Glasgow
Liverpool
Birmingham
Sheffield
Manchester

And I have also fixed Sydney Australia.

If and when a fix is released that will allow me to repair the weather data for all the non US cities becomes available I will apply it immediately, but in the interim anyone who uses the weather module and lives in a city outside of the US and sees that their cities weather data looks very wrong, please list the city and country name here so I can manually fix that weather data on our portal. :)

thanks

CMJ
Aug 3rd, 2002, 05:20:14 PM
It's been said before...but I'll say it again.

You the man. ;)

JMK
Aug 5th, 2002, 02:21:21 PM
Montreal is dead on. No probs there. :)

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Aug 5th, 2002, 06:48:32 PM
*Waves a hand to get his attention :wave *

Pardon me, Mr. SW, but St Louis is still screwed up. Could ya give it a tweak for me, please? Thanks! :D

TheHolo.Net
Aug 5th, 2002, 08:59:43 PM
I will investigate. Thats in MO right?

TheHolo.Net
Aug 5th, 2002, 09:42:58 PM
I was unable to fix St. Louis by the means I had at my disposal, but there is a new upgrade for the weather module that supposedly fixes everything. I will do what I can to get it instaled ASAP. :)

TheHolo.Net
Aug 5th, 2002, 10:47:41 PM
Announcement:

The Weather module on the portal has been reworked completely. Everyone will have to redo their settings for it to function for their location. From what I can see in Colorado, there are many more cities available in this new upgrade. Hopefully that is the case for other regions too. :)

Let me know if there are any problems.

TheHolo.Net
Aug 5th, 2002, 11:30:11 PM
BTW: If your city is not listed in the My Weather settings on our portal, please list the city, and State/Region here. I can check http://www.msnbc.com/ and see if it exists on MSNBC, if it does exist on that web site, I can add it to our weather module here. :)

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Aug 6th, 2002, 02:24:00 AM
lol, yep, St Louis is in MO and its right as rain now! Thanks! :)