PDA

View Full Version : Darth Vader's accent

B-LoVeD AssAsSiN
Aug 3rd, 2002, 11:02:05 AM
That changes, at least I think so.
As a kid he sounds like a regular american kid and in aotc he sounds like that too but as vader his accent is more british though at times it is kinda the other way. but when he's unmasked he sounds definitely british if u ask me.
weird.
I wonder what exactly influences accents in SW.

JMK
Aug 3rd, 2002, 11:43:16 AM
I've given up trying to explain the changing accents in SW lore. Boba Fett's accent changes, as does Vader's. No one really knows why for sure, so just go with it.

Doc Milo
Aug 3rd, 2002, 12:45:28 PM
If you ask me criticizing the accents is the nitpickiest nitpick of all nitpicks.

darth_mcbain
Aug 5th, 2002, 08:13:45 AM
The mask and breathing apparatus must have something to do with his voice, since when he is unmasked in ROTJ he sounds different than when he has the mask on. I would just say that the mask somehow alters his voice and leave it at that...

Admiral Lebron
Aug 5th, 2002, 06:22:41 PM
Well, when the mask is on...he is talking through a mechanical speaker type thing.

Ryla Relvinian
Aug 6th, 2002, 01:28:26 PM
Maybe it's a brittish-made mask...

...actually, I don't think it matters that much. :)

JediBoricua
Aug 6th, 2002, 10:12:33 PM
And when he doesn't have the mask he is having trouble with his breathing, possibly chocking, so obviously it would sound as it does.

JMK
Aug 7th, 2002, 06:57:28 AM
He was choking because he was cooked by the Emperor's lightning. But he definetly needed the mask 24/7 and never did achieve his goal of losing the suit.