PDA

View Full Version : Weapons question.

Tirzak Kerr
Aug 2nd, 2002, 03:43:11 PM
Disruptors are not allowed in SWfans, are they?

I think I remember seeing that somewhere, if I am wrong, correct me. And if you can think of anymore weapons that aren't allowed, please tell me.

Morgan Evanar
Aug 2nd, 2002, 03:58:37 PM
Disruptors are illegal in almost all of the known regions, but not outlawed at SWFans AFAIK.

Tirzak Kerr
Aug 2nd, 2002, 04:04:44 PM
Thank's Morgan, appreciate it.

Shreeftut
Aug 2nd, 2002, 04:06:19 PM
the weapons are outlawed by NR, some allowed in Empire. but not banned as an RP weapon here

Tirzak Kerr
Aug 2nd, 2002, 04:18:51 PM
So as a Bounty Hunter, or rather a Sector Ranger, I shouldn't have a problem?

Shreeftut
Aug 2nd, 2002, 04:21:06 PM
Not unless you pass through a security force. But remember, you wouldnt be able to fire one at a PC, since even being near a disrupter blast would constitue maiming

Tirzak Kerr
Aug 2nd, 2002, 04:28:11 PM
Yeah, I know. Breaks down at the molecular level, can take out half a meter thick of Durasteel, etc. etc.

:)

Shreeftut
Aug 2nd, 2002, 04:33:01 PM
lol, doesnt hurt to make sure

Tirzak Kerr
Aug 2nd, 2002, 04:36:03 PM
Yeah, no doubt. But it would own if you knew what to do, firing it at a lightsaber. Wait, nm, it would whipe out the persons hand.

But luckily for someone fighting someone with a disruptor, it only has a certain number of charges. Pistols have like 5, and rifles have 30 or so.

And the range is rather short. like 5 meters on a pistol.

But it goes to 35 meters on the rifle.

Shreeftut
Aug 2nd, 2002, 04:38:46 PM
lol, I know, I tried to redesign the disrupter design before to try and make it more adaptable to a starship scale battle

Tirzak Kerr
Aug 2nd, 2002, 04:42:53 PM
Yeah. That would kind of be insane. If you pulled it off, the R & D would have to take a long ass time.

Ever heard of a nutrient pack? They nullify the force. Uses Ysalamiri cells and something else, goes up to like 5 meters. 15 feet, but keeps you from getting force choked and stuff.

:)

Nupraptor
Aug 2nd, 2002, 05:12:03 PM
Nutrient packs do not nullify the Force. The Ysalamiri (little animals from the planet Myrkyr) do that. The Ysalamiri, however, are very fragile creatures which require a nutrient pack to keep them alive. It's very heavy and cumbersome, and would make you a sitting duck in actual combat.

Tirzak Kerr
Aug 2nd, 2002, 05:19:05 PM
Really? I was told Nutrient packs did that. Why the little liar!

Thanks Nup, appreciate it.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 2nd, 2002, 05:21:38 PM
Unless you're built like a house. I think a Wookiee might be able to pull it off. But then, the Wookiee would probably accidentally kill the yslamiri by squishing it.

Disruptors, while awesomely effective, have a very slow recharge rate. You have only 5 shots in a pistol, and I think it take a couple minutes for it to be ready for the next shot. Makes you a sitting duck while waiting for it to recharge for shot 2.

This wouldn't be so bad if the range wasn't so darn short. So, like all things, disruptors have advantages AND disadvantages. Arya has one. She rulz. :) (EU source: Han Solo at Star's End)

Tirzak Kerr
Aug 2nd, 2002, 08:35:44 PM
Indeed, Hollie. Disruptors do own, a gift from the gods, if used correctly. Actually, rifles have decent range, 30 meters, 90 feet. Pistols only go 15 feet, so it puts you in dangerous range of force users attacks, and random other crap.