PDA

View Full Version : Going Away

Admiral Lebron
Aug 1st, 2002, 09:41:57 PM
Yes. I know. Cry. I know deep down inside you'll all be sad that I will be gone...for tomorrow. Tomorrow I am leaving for California, Palm Springs to be exact. I will be leaving my house at 9 AM Eastern and won't be arriving till 1:30ish AM eastern. Long day. The joy of this all is that I get to take a laptop :D with a 1000 free hours of AOL:x. The general schedule is Saturday to Friday in Palm Springs, meaning all be online just about every day that time I'll be online for my normal hours(since I run 11 AM to 3 AM Est or 7 AM to 12 AM pacific). Just letting you know incase the flight from BWI to BNA crashes or BNA to LAX crashes. :( If it does it'll ruin my vacation.

After the week in Palm Springs we go to San Diego. Internet hours will be considerably less as those are our "activity days" where we do stuff. One of the days we venture in to Mexico to Tijuana. Then on the 12th we are in LA, doing the big sites, spending the night there, then going back to good ol' Virginia. Just giving ya some FYI. :)

ReaperFett
Aug 1st, 2002, 09:43:42 PM
have fun now :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 1st, 2002, 09:44:08 PM
Have fun!! :crack:rollin

Admiral Lebron
Aug 1st, 2002, 09:57:04 PM
Oh another thing. I'm slipping away unnoticed to go to Mr. Bowen's home, hundreds of miles up North to engage in my holy war against him! ;) (Inside Joke)

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 1st, 2002, 11:22:22 PM
Are you going to have time to post for the contest? Wouldn't want you slipping any farther behind me :p

CMJ
Aug 2nd, 2002, 10:49:27 AM
You're gonna be near me(sort of). If ya get the chance look me up. :)

JonathanLB
Aug 2nd, 2002, 02:27:57 PM
No, no holy wars for you :) Just vacation! Hehe.

:)

BTW, in case it wasn't obvious by my posting I guess, I ended my leave of absence a few days ago. I only planned to be away a few days, and I ended up being able to check in a bit each day so that was nice. My new computer arrives today, I cannot wait. UPS says it is in transit to my house, so sometime soon! *drool* I got this computer game, kinda old (1998), that I really want to play again but my last computer never ran. Anxious to try it out again and make sure my saved game files I have still work ok.

Also, I can get back to work on my humor site. I have a payment for my dad in the amount of $5,433 (I forget how many cents) that covers four months of interest payments plus $5,000 to reduce my debt. I have definitely felt better in the last five days or so, and that payment helps more :)

Admiral Lebron
Aug 3rd, 2002, 05:31:16 PM
I made it safely out...:) I got a laptop out here and 1045 hour sof AOL free....so my connection blows! The flights were very long(two of 'em). Nashville Airport sucks. The Southwest attendants are funny. My sister thought Palm Springs had a beach(in the middle of the desert! Ha!) And LA traffic sneaks up on you!

CMJ
Aug 3rd, 2002, 05:41:35 PM
Yes...traffic from Los Angeles extends pretty far out. :)

Admiral Lebron
Aug 3rd, 2002, 06:07:27 PM
We didn't see like any other cars for about 20 miles, then smacked into a traffic jam. It was weird...

Darth23
Aug 3rd, 2002, 06:32:43 PM
Last time I drove to Philly I ended up getting into the area at around the morning rush hour. Traffic was flowign along the allof a sudden I-95 was a DEAD stop. We crawled along for about 4 miles then it spend up again.

No accidents, no stopped cars, no detours, no construction.

Just a dead zone or something on the highway.

Admiral Lebron
Aug 4th, 2002, 08:01:29 PM
Hmm day 2 uneventful.... Nothing happened. I stayed on the couch and read or watched TV...lot of TV... mm..TV is my friend. :) We may go out to dinner tonight...may not. I am feeling a bit hungry.