PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Knowledge

Valeska Vercingetorix
Aug 1st, 2002, 01:53:07 PM
A small girl entered the room. Her out of control dark blond hair spilled all over her simple outfit, down to her waist. She had clear grey eyes and a honest, open heart shaped face filled with hope, apprehension, and nervousness. Her build was tiny, short and wiry. Her eyes were innocent, but knowledge lurked in them. Her name was Valeska Vercingetorix.

She bit her lip, waiting for someone to come.

Xazor Elessar
Aug 1st, 2002, 02:01:12 PM
Xazor stepped from the shadows, and immediatly a wave of calm was sent over the Recruitment Center. A gentle smile rested upon the woman's lips, revealing her elongated canines. The Garou's red robes flowed down to her feet and her waist length blonde hair was done up in Garou Warrior Braids. Gold coins were woven into them and clanged together softly as she approached the young girl in the room.

"Greetings...I am Warrior Jedi Knight, and Council Member, Xazor Dawnstrider. What do you seek this day, young one?"

She questioned softly. Though her voice was gently, it echoed with power throughout the room. The silver in the Knight's deep blue eyes reflected the light that they caught...showing the depth of her gentleness as she stood before the young girl....

Valeska Vercingetorix
Aug 1st, 2002, 02:03:55 PM
"I seek to train to become a Jedi," said Valeska in a soft voice.

She was soothed by this woman, yet nervous about making a good impression. She hoped this answer was correct, it was truthful and it was all she could manage. Anything longer would surely muddle itself.

Xazor Elessar
Aug 1st, 2002, 02:14:05 PM
Xazor smiled gently and closed her eyes for a moment, searching the girl's thoughts.

"You don't need to impress me...I can see through you and I know your heart. And indeed, you have a good, honest heart."

She smiled and eyed the young girl for a moment, noting that she was still a bit nervous. The Knight understood...for she had been that way when she came to the Jedi Order.

"So you seek to train in the ways of the Jedi. But will you finish what you begin? This life is not an easy one. You will be needed by all...yet hated, hunted by many. Is this what you want?"

She questioned softly, trying not to scare the girl with her words...but she had to speak the truth to her so that she knew. She did not want her to come back and say she wished Xazor had told her so...now that would not happen...and she was prepared....

Valeska Vercingetorix
Aug 1st, 2002, 02:21:49 PM
Valeska nodded. "Nothing good comes easily," she said in the same soft voice she used before, "I've wanted this my whole life, maybe more. I need to help people. I need this.''

She didn't know what it was about Xazor Dawnstrider, but something about her made Valeska speak her heart even more than usual.

Xazor Elessar
Aug 1st, 2002, 02:32:00 PM
Xazor smiled gently and bowed her head.

"You have a good heart young one...welcome to the Greater Jedi Order. A Master shall be appointed to you and will notify you about training soon. I myself would train you but I have sixteen or so Padawans already. In the mean time, feel free to make yourself at home by finding a room in the Living Quarters. Make some friends in the Bar and Grill, visit the Gardens or the Jungles, or watch some people train in the Academy. Whatever you do, don't be afraid to ask questions. Seek me out, for I am your friend here....and everyone else that is apart of this Order will be more than willing to help you as well. And here, take this to help you out..."

The Knight took a data-pad with a holo-map inserted, from her cloak, and handed it to the new Padawan. It had a map of the whole Order, and information about it as well. She grinned to herself and bowed once again, hoping that girl would make herself at home...

Valeska Vercingetorix
Aug 1st, 2002, 02:43:28 PM
Valeska bowed jerkily as she was used to curtsies, smiled her thanks, and examined the holo-map, finding her way to a destination unknown as of yet.

To Valeska's childish eyes it seemed like this was the most lovely place she had ever been.

Xazor Elessar
Aug 1st, 2002, 03:11:57 PM
"May the Force be with you young one..."

The Knight called out after the young girl and then parted ways to greet other Padawan hopefuls....