PDA

View Full Version : AT ST's in the Clone War.

Ephant Tricovsky
Aug 1st, 2002, 12:23:49 PM
This is concerning the new Star Wars Clone Wars game coming out for ps2, and the other next-gen systems I belive. While watching the trailer I though I saw AT ST's, but I dismissed it. Then I sent it to my friend and he took some screenies of it, here are the results.

http://www.geocities.com/gitarooman007/atst.txt
It is right over the big blast thing.
http://www.geocities.com/gitarooman007/atst2.txt
Behind the things butt.
http://www.geocities.com/gitarooman007/atst3.txt
Zooming in on the second picture.

Admiral Lebron
Aug 18th, 2002, 09:41:55 AM
Could be an AT-PT. They were made during the clone wars.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 18th, 2002, 07:07:54 PM
That would be a good guess Lebron.

JMK
Aug 21st, 2002, 11:01:58 AM
I don't doubt that its an AT-ST. But I can't wait to play that game! I can't wait to play TTT either!

Tyreal Dalarsco
Nov 8th, 2002, 11:39:06 AM
Yet another reason I'm getting the Cube.

imported_STELA'SHLIT'NURUODO
Nov 9th, 2002, 12:43:42 AM
from gamespot

AT-XT Assault Walker
These two-legged assault walkers employ faster movement than their six-legged counterparts, but also deliver high firepower and a solid defense. An experimental craft created by Rothana Heavy Engineering and produced at the Kuat Drive Yards facilities, the AT-XT did not go into full mass-production during the Clone Wars, as the engineers were constantly revising its design. RHE is currently working on a lighter scout walker, tentatively called the AT-ST. Only time will tell if this is the final version of this walker.

Primary Weapon: Heavy laser cannon
Secondary Weapon: Proton mortar
Special Ability: Shield

It is actually the prototype for the AT-ST

GraNi NaColu
Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:14:58 PM
Its a good thing that there is informative people around here like you Nuruodo

RogueLeader
Mar 3rd, 2003, 03:47:02 PM
I never knew that AT-PTs were made during the Clone Wars. Huh. How about that? You learn something new daily...

Lion El' Jonson
May 16th, 2003, 01:37:39 AM
'Course they were made during the Clone Wars. The Katana-fleet was made during the Clone Wars, and Luke and Han used one of the AT-PT's aboard to fight off some of Thrawn's Cloned Stormtroopers aboard the Katana.

THX 1138
Jun 19th, 2003, 04:33:20 PM
Hmm, so are the majority of the Republics forces prototypes for later Imperial forces?

Telan Desaria
Jun 19th, 2003, 05:26:28 PM
The Republic - yes. But one must remember that when the Empire was declared as a replacement for the Republic, what was the Republic military became the Imperial Military.

THX 1138
Jun 19th, 2003, 06:20:16 PM
Yes of course, and also both the Republic and Imperial millitary being developed by Seinar Fleet systems and Kuat Drive yards. Is Seinar an Imperial company, I know Kuat is independent up till the battle of Endor?

Telan Desaria
Jun 19th, 2003, 06:52:32 PM
Kuat Drive Yards was never independent. The company was set up, protected, and run by the Imperial Military. Its workers were drawn from a civilian caste to give it the public aura of a civilian company. The fact that it produced and sold models of vessels to other forces and concerns was to ensure that there was always an abundant supply of capital. All Destroyer-grade vessels produced there were not sold to the military - they were simply taken by them. That is what military shipyards do.

Sienar was another such firm, althought it did retain an amount of civil control as its CEO and corporate staff were considered to be staunchly Imperial. Both companies continued to do business with the Empire wll after Endor, Sienar never dropping the Imperial Crest from its logo. The same with Arakyd Industries, which produced the Viper V-1 automaton droid and the Imperial Battle Tank.

THX 1138
Jun 20th, 2003, 03:54:39 AM
OK, thanks. I got confused after reading the Bounty Hunter series, Kuat drive yards was independent, but working for the Empire, it was run by Kuat of Kuat, his goal was to keep the yards from becoming run completely by the Imperials. Damn novelisations.....