PDA

View Full Version : The Middle [Xazor]

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 1st, 2002, 12:01:08 PM
It wasn't hard to get into someones room in the LQ, especially when you knew their access code. Thus, having entered the Garou's room, Dasquian had left something within and departed as quickly as he had came. Now, lying on her bed, was a bunch of red roses - a two dozen in total - with a small card attached to the stems. The note read:

"Thought this would cheer you up. Heard you were a bit down about missing Shade, hope you feel better soon. Best regards, Dasquian."

Xazor Elessar
Aug 1st, 2002, 12:48:08 PM
Xazor walked into her room after a long day of training. It was a day after the dreadful party which she walked out on, and she was still feeling a bit down. Sighing, she laid her cloak on a chair and walked over to retrieve a book from her bed side...when she spotted roses on her bed. Gasping quietly to herself, she walked over to them and lifted them in her arms...then read the note that was attached.

"Thought this would cheer you up. Heard you were a bit down about missing Shade, hope you feel better soon. Best regards, Dasquian."

The Knight grinned to herself and laid the note down on the nightstand beside her bed. She wondered how Dasquian had found his way into her room...but then she remembered that he knew her access code. She did not mind, of course...for it was a very pleasant surprise that lifted her sprirts right away.

The Knight walked over to the kitchen sink and found a vase, then filled it with water. She took a pair of scissors and cut the stems of the two dozen roses, and neatly arranged them in the vase. She then set the vase upon the coffee table and smelled the beautiful roses and sat down upon the couch with a data pad, and she decided to send Dasquian a message.

"Hey Das...thank you for the roses, they're beautiful. How about you meet me for some dinner in an hour?"

She pressed the send button and grinned to herself, laying the data pad beside the roses, she brought her legs up to sit cross legged, and meditate for a little while until she heard from Dasquian....

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 1st, 2002, 12:58:22 PM
After dropping off his gift for Xazor, he'd retreated to his quarters to catch up on his reading. It had been some time since he'd read what lore he had access to, and he felt somewhat rusty on it. Thus he sat, perched on his window sill and was drawn into the book. It seemed he had been there reading for hours on end when eventually his consious tugged him out of the words.

Beep, beep, beep, beep.

Panic struck him momentarily - what was that noise? An alarm of some sort? Was there an emergency? The book slipped from his lap as he hopped from the sill to his bed, then bound to the door, yanking it open. He cast a frantic glance up and down the hallway, but quickly noticed there was no one to be found - obviously wasn't an evacuation.

He quirked an eyebrow and turned back into his room, then something caught his eye. A little red flashing. He strode towards it and knelt down - it was a little datapad. He lifted it into his hand, realizing quickly it was his comm. pad, with a flush of embarassment. As he opened the message, a faint smile crept over his lips. Quickly, he inputted a response:

"That sounds wonderful. Where would you like to meet?"

Xazor Elessar
Aug 1st, 2002, 01:01:26 PM
Xazor grinned to herself as she recieved a message back from Dasquian. Reading it quickly, she sent her reply.

"Anywhere you want....your place, my place...or yogs? Doesn't matter...."

The Knight grinned to herself as she wondered about where they would meet for dinner. It didn't matter to her, though, as long as they spent some time together...

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 1st, 2002, 01:03:14 PM
He smiled as he read the note.

"How about you come here? I can russle up something to eat for us."

Xazor Elessar
Aug 1st, 2002, 01:05:35 PM
Xazor grinned to herself and sent another reply.

"Alright...I'll see you there in an hour then...."

She sent the message to him and waited for his reply....

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 1st, 2002, 01:10:38 PM
"Looking forward to it."

With the final message, he set down the small link and glanced about. Hoping up to his feet, he straightened up the sheets on his bed and drew back the curtains, letting the late-evening sun bleed into the room. The Knight paced about methodically neatening up the room, clearing away books, straightening up the art works on the wall, and even paused to run a palm over his shirt, flattening out the creases.

Satisfied with how his quarters looked, he walked to the kitchen area and opened up one of the cupboards. There was very little to be found; rice mostly, and other wheat based products - such as noodles. He grinned a bit, and picked out some noodles, spinning a pan onto the stove as he fired it up. Starting up the pasta, he fished into the cool-storage and pulled out a 3/4 full bottle of deep orange liquid, which he sat down on the table.

Mostly satisfied, he leant back against the counter and stared through into the other room, eyes wandering to the moon as he awaited the arrival of his guest.

Xazor Elessar
Aug 1st, 2002, 01:15:30 PM
Xazor had quickly changed into a clingy red dress. She put some of the braids in her hair up into a circle on her head, but let the rest hang. Spraying herself lightly with a bit of perfume, she checked over her makeup. Once satisfied with herself, she grinned and slipped from her room and made her way down the hallway toward Dasquian's room. Once there, she knocked on his door lightly and smiled as she waited....

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 1st, 2002, 01:19:57 PM
Again, he had been daydreaming, but the knock pinched him out of it. He'd almost forgotten about the noodles, and as he looked to the door realized that the pot had been boiling for some time now. Quickly he turned off the stove and gave the noodles, and sauce, a quick stir, before pacing out towards the door. It slid open, revealing quite a sight.

"Xazor,"

He gave a light bow.

"You look wonderful, as ever. Though I did not expect you would be dressed so formally, you find me in a bit of a state," he said with an uneasy laugh.

In comparison with Xazor, his attire was very simple - dark blues, hair tightly knotted, minimalistic.

Xazor Elessar
Aug 1st, 2002, 01:31:13 PM
Xazor blushed slightly at Dasquian's compliment...when she eyed his room...and the way he was dressed. She had not meant to dress so formally, yet she wished to look nice.

"I just threw something on....it's nothing, really....you look wonderful as well."

She grinned and waited for him to invite her into his room. She thought it rude to just walk in without an invitation, so she stood in the hallway until he took her in....

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 1st, 2002, 01:34:47 PM
"Do come in,"

He held the door open to allow her to enter, then slid it closed behind her. A quick sharp look around the room and he was satisfied that everything still looked alright.

"I know I said I would make something, but I'm afraid I didn't have much available... so to go with my informal appearance I hope you don't mind so informal noodles and smoothies," he chuckled.

Xazor Elessar
Aug 1st, 2002, 01:37:24 PM
Xazor grinned as she looked about his room, then giggled at his comment.

"I don't care, Dasquian...even if we were eating nothing, I would be happy just to be spending time with you."

The Knight said softly as she eyed the noodles he had prepared. For a man, he did a good job at cooking. Grinning, she turned around and looked at him for a moment, catching herself at a bit of a stare...causing her to blush again...

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 1st, 2002, 01:41:22 PM
"If you want to take a seat,"

His bed - a futon - made for a bad seat, as it was flat against the ground, though he would not deny her the privalage of sitting on it if she wished. There was of course also a few chairs, some more comfortable than others - those arround the dinning table were fairly rigid.

"I think it'll be a while before the foods ready to be served."

Dasquian smiled pleasantly.

Xazor Elessar
Aug 1st, 2002, 01:53:40 PM
Xazor looked at the coices of seating and decided that his futon looked like the most comfortable choice. Smiling, she sat down upon it and watched Dasquian with the food.

"When did you learn how to cook?"

She giggled, a bit embarassed for asking...but it was her lame attempt to start a conversation. Smiling, she sat back and looked around his room. It was neat and sophisticated...strange for a man, she thought, but he was different from the rest....different in a pleasant way....

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 2nd, 2002, 01:50:32 AM
"Oh, I've been cooking for myself and my brother since I was a child. We worked on a farm, so my father thought it proper for us to be able to cook - as he was out working on the farm most of the day, with my mother,"

He sat down on the floor-bed, again admiring the ruby dress Xazor wore.

"Aaron and myself became pretty much self-sufficient.."

Xazor Elessar
Aug 2nd, 2002, 08:05:02 AM
Xazor smiled as she tried to fathom what it was like to do things for oneself while growing up. She shook her head as she could not picture the thought.

"You did all of those things? While growing up, everything was done for me....I can't imagine your life. I suppose you lived a more honest one in that case...."

She smiled gently as she tried to think about this again. How life would have been different if she had to work for herself. All she did was train....and kill....and then she was pampered between beatings from her Master. Pushing the thoughts from her mind, she looked out his window, wondering what lay below. She had never seen this side of the Living Quarters from a window. Below hers were the vast jungles....maybe he had view of the river? She seemed to stare off into space in the quietness of the room....

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 3rd, 2002, 11:15:02 AM
"We had to take care of ourselves completely.. and often of the other children in the community. Plus, once my son and daughter were born I helped out very much then,"

He glanced down, smiling sadly to himself at the memories of Sulli and Sophitia, before his eyes rose back to Xazor.

"The view?"

His mind had absently brushed to hers, picking up on her thoughts. He laughed nervously.

"... You're right, it's the river, and a little of the western forest."

Xazor Elessar
Aug 3rd, 2002, 11:26:31 AM
Xazor opened her eyes wide as she looked curiously at Dasquian.

"You had children?! Were you married or something?"

This was something that she had never known about Dasquian. To the best of her knowledge, he hated love...until recently. She smiled as her mind wandered to the view. She had been right in her guess....and his words confirmed that....

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 3rd, 2002, 11:27:52 AM
"... I was married for seven years to the most heavenly woman, named Eiphos,"

He brought his hand up to the back of his neck, rubbing it lightly.

"We had a son and daughter, the son Sulli was five years old and Sophitia my daughter was only three when they were killed."

Xazor Elessar
Aug 10th, 2002, 01:00:30 PM
Xazor lowered her head and sighed to herself.

"I'm sorry.....I had no idea.......I can tell that you really loved her though....and your children must have been so precious to you. I'm sorry that you did not end up as lucky as I have.....for I too have lost many close to me....but a few of them have been returned....."

She said softly, hoping that she had not made him upset by talking of this.....that was the last thing that she wished to do...

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 10th, 2002, 01:29:57 PM
"It's alright... we tried our best to help them, and the one who did it was brought to justice,"

He smiled somewhat meekly,

"Even if they had have lived, I would have not seen them again due to my being stranded here..."

Xazor Elessar
Aug 10th, 2002, 02:04:26 PM
Xazor sighed and nodded to herself. All things happened by way of the Force.....and no one could stand in the way of that.

"I'm glad that you're here anyway......"

She said softly, glad that he had lived through whatever happened to his family. It was sad that they did not make it though.....and that Dasquian and his family could not continue living on.....

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 11th, 2002, 03:00:01 AM
"Indeed... it seemed fortune favoured me by placing me in this time slot. Had it not, I'd never have met you," he replied, his face visibly brightening up.

Xazor Elessar
Aug 11th, 2002, 09:34:46 AM
Xazor blushed crimson at his words and she turned away to hide her face. Once she felt the heat leaving her skin, she turned back to him with a grin.

"Fortune to us all, then....my friend. I suppose I am lucky as well..."

She winked slightly and then looked to the noodles and other food he was preparing....hoping that it was not burning during their talking with one another....

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 11th, 2002, 09:37:24 AM
Sensing her concern, his eyes too turned into the food. The pot was bubbling, and a faint smell of a chicken was beginning to fill the room. He quickly pushed himself up to his feet and jogged to the kitchen.

"Looks like this is done," he said partially unsurely as he lifted the lid from the pot and stirred what was inside.

"Would you like to eat at the table or would you prefer to just stick on the futon?"

As he spoke he sounded preoccupied, due to his scooping out a helping of pasta, with a rather pleasant looking sauce, onto two plates. Two knives and two forks lifted into the air from the bench of their own accord and dropped down onto the plates as Dasquian turned around to look towards Xazor expectantly.

Xazor Elessar
Aug 11th, 2002, 09:52:49 AM
Xazor grinned as Dasquian got up to tend to the meal. It was funny to see a man cook......Shade had never cooked for her.....and it was something she was sure to teach him how to do. A smile lit up Xazor's face as she saw what they were to eat.

"Looks wonderful.....why don't we stick to the futon?"

She giggled.....thinking about what she said. She hoped that she would not spill and have anything end up sticking to the futon. That would be a bad thing. The Knight wanted to help Dasquian, but did not know if he needed any.....so she sat quietly awaiting....

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 11th, 2002, 10:22:39 AM
He approached Xazor with a nod, calling up a wine bottle and two glasses from the table as he passed by it, controlling them with the Force. As he reached the futon, he sat down and carefully handed a plate to Xazor before catching one glass out of mid air, floating the other down to Xazor's side.

"Phew.. thought I was going to-"

The wine bottle dropped down out of midair, though Xazor seemed to catch it with the Force. Dasquian grinned nervously.

Xazor Elessar
Aug 11th, 2002, 10:29:05 AM
Xazor grinned as she saw the bottle falling in her mind. It had not happened yet.....but a few seconds after the vision, she caught the bottle with the Force.

"You thought you were going to drop it?"

She giggled to herself and floated the bottle of to her hands, then offered Dasquian her help.

"Careful now.....don't want to drop everything......"

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 12th, 2002, 02:06:30 AM
"Thanks,"

He grinned a bit and popped the top off of the bottle, pouring out a glass for Xazor and himself before shifting so he was sitting cross-legged with his plate in his lap.

"Now to see whether my cooking is good as I think it is.."

He picked up a fork and slipped a few pieces of pasta onto it before scooping it up into his mouth. He chewed thoughtfully for a moment, nodding.

"Mmm, perfect."