PDA

View Full Version : Good cop, Bad cop

Jak Brennagenn
Aug 1st, 2002, 09:40:38 AM
"Whenever we go out....the people always shout....there goes Jak Jason Dennik Brennagenn....DA DA DA DA DA DA DA...."

The obnoxiously loud, off key singing was interupted by a crack that echoed in the large hall.

"Jesus, John, that hurt! In case you haven't noticed, I'm not in prison yet....so you can't hit me...yet."

"Shutup Brennagenn. If you don't keep your mouth shut I swear to God..."

"Oh what are you gonna do John? I though you had to be in relatively good condition to be a cop but you blew that theory right outta the..."

The young man suddenly found himself bleeding from the mouth on the floor, his face smashed against the cool stone of the building by a large boot. He didn't have to look to know that a blaster was pointed at his head.

"Brennagenn I warned you..."

"Bloody hell John! Take some pills or something....calm down....hey! A little help here would be great....crazed cop here...."

The young man groaned as the officer kicked him in the face.

"Learn some respect boy. You may not be in prison yet but it isn't long. And that's my territory."

Despite the pain, Jak couldn't help but roll his eyes.

"Yeah, real scary John. I'm quivering. Would you please let me get up and put that blaster AWAY!"

John hauled the scruffy looking boy up but the cuffs that held his wrists behind him. Jak couldn't reach to wipe the streaming blood off his face and so he let it drip down onto the floor. Smirking, he watched as a puddle formed at his feet.

"I hope they make you clean that you sorry excuse for an officer of the law."

Xazor Elessar
Aug 1st, 2002, 12:35:43 PM
Xazor had been walking around the Temple for a good majority of the morning when she suddenly felt a disturbance through the Force. Stopping in her tracks, she quirked a brow and turned around, seeing nothing. She sniffed the air with her ultra sensitive nose, and listened with her extremely sensitive ears...and then took off running in the direction of trouble. As she ran, her red robes waved behind her and the Garou Warrior Braids in her long blonde hair, bounced with the rhythm of her steps. The gold coins woven into them clanged together softly until she came to a stop at the scene of a "crime". She could tell that the supposed officer was out of line...and the victim had done nothing. The Knight put a hand on her Lightsaber and growled deeply, exposing her elongated canines. The silver specks in her deep blue eyes flashed as she eyed the men before her.

"I suggest you leave that man alone...and put your blaster away. You don't want to do this..."

The Garou Knight said softly, hoping that she would not have to use the saber that rested on her belt. If she did....the outcome would not be pretty. Her heart went out to the mistreated man as she stood but yards away from the officer.....

Jak Brennagenn
Aug 1st, 2002, 02:12:25 PM
Jak grinned as John put his blaster away and instead took on a miffed face. It was extremely difficult for him to keep a straight face as the officer tried to explain.

"Listen Miss, I do want to do this. Brennagenn here," John jerked his thumb at the boy,"is a criminal. He is awaiting trial and I was ordered to bring him here and find a suitable....gaurd so to speak. He has to be within confined boundaries."

Officer John eyed the woman carefully.

"I need someone who can get rather firm with him...."

Jak couldn't control it anymore, and burst out laughing.

"Lady, basically what Inspector Gadget here is trying to say is that if you were a guy, you'd have no balls..."

He ducked as John swung at him, but wasn't lucky enough to miss the backswing. He shook his head to rid the ringing in his ears.

"Okay, I deserved that one." Jak admitted, grimacing. John snorted and turned his attention back to Xazor. The officer was quite red at this point.

"What Brennagenn means is we need someone who can handle him."

Xazor Elessar
Aug 1st, 2002, 02:20:02 PM
Xazor crossed her arms over her chest and eyed the officer as he "dealt" with the prisoner he held. She shook her head and walked up to the pair, growling deeply as she went.

"Handle him, eh? And you think that because I'm a woman, I wouldn't be able to do that? Well, I will have you know that I am Warrior Jedi Knight, and Council Member, Xazor Dawnstrider. I am a Garou Knight....and I can hold my own more than you'll ever know..."

She said softly, yet her voice echoed with power. She was tired of this man's cocky attitude and she felt for the prisoner. Sighing, she shook her head.

"If you need a proper guard for him...I shall take on the job..."

She said softly, glad to do this if he saw fit. If not...it was too bad, she would do it anyway...she had her ways. Growling once again, she kept her eyes on the officers...waiting for him to speak...or step out of line....

Jak Brennagenn
Aug 1st, 2002, 02:27:24 PM
Jak was shaking, trying not to laugh. He leaned over to his captor and managed to whisper a coherent sentence in between chuckling.

"Hey....John....I think this where you put your tail between your legs and run away."

John glared at him but didn't touch him. Instead he silently passed a folder to the women.

"His files. Court date is in six months. At that time your services will no longer be needed and I will come and collect the prisoner. Good day."

He silently strode out, casting a threatening look at Jak. Jak smiled and nodded ot him.

"See ya John! Say hi to Cindy and the kids for me will ya? And thank Cindy for the cookies, they were great!"

Jak turned back to the Jedi, hands still cuffed.

"He's a great guy. Just having a bad day. I do that to him."

Xazor Elessar
Aug 1st, 2002, 02:37:14 PM
Xazor smiled at the man who was now in her...care...as she liked to think about it. Walking over to him, she bowed once again.

"Greetings...sorry about that...I had to put him in his place. I'm Xazor...and you're Jak? It's good to meet you."

She said softly as she eyed the folder in her hands. This would be an interesting time that she spent with this man. She would learn a lot from him and he would learn a lot from her. Moving closer to him, she placed her hands on the locks of the cuffs and closed her eyes. Using the Force, she sped up the molecules inside and around the locks and began to melt the metal without burning Jak. She let go and the cuffs fell to the ground.

"There, I'm sure that feels better..."

She said gently and picked up the cuffs, placing them in the folder that she held. She saw no need for them...for if he even tried anything, she'd put him in his place faster than he could say "Jedi". Smiling, she waited for him to speak...

Jak Brennagenn
Aug 1st, 2002, 02:49:03 PM
"Uh...yeah see I'm actually supposed to have those on at all times. They think I'm gonna y'know, kill a bunch of people and then they have this huge mess on their hands so they figure it's just easier if I don't have any free arm movement. I'm going on three and a half weeks with those puppies and John might get a little...."Wooooh" if he finds out I haven't had them on."

Jak explained pointing to the folder that now contained the cuffs.

"But yes, I'm Jak. Jak Brennagenn as John stated. Thanks by the way. He's....tense today."

Jak clapped his hands together,something he hadn't been able to do in quite a while.

"So if you don't mind I'd like to get to my cell as soon as possible, get used to it."

Xazor Elessar
Aug 1st, 2002, 03:10:52 PM
Xazor quirked a brow as she listened to him and she shook her head with a bit of a laugh.

"I trust that you're not going to do anything like that...and besides, he won't find out. Technically now, he has awarded you to me...and well, he has no say while you're under my...supervision, you could say."

She grinned slightly, but his next comment was a bit...strange. A cell? She shook her head, trying to figure out what he was talking about.

"I wasn't going to put you in a cell...actually....you can have your own room in the Jedi Living Quarters, if you like....there is one open right next to mine..."

She said softly, trying to figure out why he thought that he would be kept under lock and chain...in a cell, nonetheless. It was an absurd thing to her....so she brushed the suggestion off, thinking that being without cuffs and having his room would be a lot better than a cold cell....

Jak Brennagenn
Aug 1st, 2002, 04:17:37 PM
"Are you kidding me?"

Jak looked at her in disbelief.

"I'm going to trial under the accusation of murder. Murder! And your letting me have a room? And I don't have to wear cuffs! I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be rude but are you insane? Isn't that putting a lot of trust in me?"

Jak was a very animated person and he spread his hands out to emphasize his skeptisism.

"I mean, Miss Jedi, I've got a record a mile long. I've spent a total of three years in jail, not all at one time, but three years nonetheless. They're saying I killed four people. I think you might wanna reconsider. Hell, I don't even trust myself.

Xazor Elessar
Aug 1st, 2002, 04:34:20 PM
Xazor laughed slightly and looked at Jak for a moment, shaking her head as she watched him.

"Well, you're a lucky man then. The blood of thousands is upon my hands. Infact, I lead a terrible life until about six months ago when the Jedi accepted me here. They trusted me too...just like I trust you..."

She grinned as she eyed him closely, wondering what was going through his mind now that she had told him a shocking revelation about herself...

Jak Brennagenn
Aug 1st, 2002, 08:32:00 PM
Jaks eyebrows rose, shocked, and he remained silent. It wasn't as if he had a choice, he couldn't think of anything to say. He closed his mouth and then opened it to say something. Closed it again. Finally he thought of something that wouldn't make him sound like a total idiot.

"Well then. I suppose we're both lucky to have found people like that."

Xazor Elessar
Aug 1st, 2002, 08:37:28 PM
Xazor grinned to herself as she motioned for him to follow her, taking him on a tour sounded like a good idea in her mind.

"Indeed, we are. I'm taking you on a tour now. While you're here, this is your home.....not a prison. You will not be kept under closer supervision or surveilance.....actually, I'm your friend, not your guard, keeper, or anything of the sort. I will protect you while you're with me....and really, if you don't want to leave, hey....I'll fight them from taking you."

She grinned to herself, knowing that they would learn a good deal from one another. It was odd....she usually came ot the Recruitment Center to greet new Padawans but instead, she walked away with an "inmate". She wondered if perhaps in the future he would like to train.....

Jak Brennagenn
Aug 1st, 2002, 08:47:11 PM
Jak stared after the Jedi before collecting himself and catching up. He shook his head in disbelief as he listened.

"Well, I don't think you can do much. It's my first time being tried as an adult and they really don't promote letting people like me slip out of their grasp."

He smiled weakly.

"But thanks. I got six months still and I wasn't expecting to have them so...relaxed. It's more than enough."

Jak knew the drill. He'd be tried, found guilty and get put away. It had happened before. But it didn't make it any easier.

Xazor Elessar
Aug 1st, 2002, 08:51:59 PM
Xazor shook her head and smiled, slowing her pace as they walked.

"Oh no......I can get you out of it. A little bit of documentation destruction.....and a quick name/I.D. change, and you're good as gold. Trust me.....I've done it for people before."

She grinned, recalling the several people whom she had given new identities too. It wouldn't be hard with him either, for he could easily change his physical looks as well. A new hair cut and a bit of working out....and if he became a Jedi, perhaps that would even do the trick. As they walked, thoughts and possibilities circled her mind....

Jak Brennagenn
Aug 1st, 2002, 09:40:20 PM
Jak stopped walking and just looked at Xazor.

"That's illegal you know. I mean, I don't have a problem with it but you're a Jedi and I thought....well to be honest I thought they were stiffs. Really, really boring."

He squinted his eyes, puzzled.

"Why....why would you do that for me?"

Xazor Elessar
Aug 2nd, 2002, 07:46:11 AM
Xazor grinned at his words and shook her head.

"Yes, I'm a Jedi...and that means that I do right by people. Jak, have you ever heard of compassion? I'm sure that if the government had its chance, they would have executed me for what I did...but I sought shelter with the Jedi and they had compassion for me and took me in."

She continued walking, hoping that he would follow as she did so. It was an interesting situation that she was in now, but she did not regret her actions thus far.

"I do that for you because you deserve a second...third...fourth...how ever many chances you need, to prove yourself. If you were truly dangerous, you could have struck me down by now. There is good in your heart...I feel it..."

The Knight said softly as they continued walking to a turbolift opposite the side of the room that they had been on. It was the main turbolift for this side of the Temple, and it could take them outside, to the Living Quarters, and to the Jedi Academy. Smiling, waited to hear what he had to say about her words....

Jak Brennagenn
Aug 2nd, 2002, 11:35:20 AM
"I've heard of compassion I've just never been on the recieving end so it's a bit hard for me to understand. I don't get it. I mean, I do stupid, horrible things and everybody I've met hates me except for the other guys that do stupid, horrible things and I hate them. So that means that I hate myself. And you're being nice to me. It's.....a weird feeling. Good, but weird."

He followed Xazor into the turbolift and then peered closely at her.

"But what if you're making a mistake? What if by helping me, you let a murderer out there? What if I leave and go hurt people?"

Xazor Elessar
Aug 2nd, 2002, 11:50:40 AM
Xazor smiled gently as he spoke. She knew that it was strange at first to get used to this compassion thing, for she too had been in his very place at one time. His next statement made her raise a brow, but she smiled and closed her eyes, then shook her head.

"I know what I'm doing....you won't go out and kill again. Besides, I'm a risky person...this is a risk I'm willing to take..."

Jak Brennagenn
Aug 2nd, 2002, 12:01:49 PM
You won't kill again...

Jak chuckled softly and shook his head, looking down.

"For what it's worth, I didn't kill anyone. I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and thengovernment has to blame someone. So it's me."

He laughed again but it was a hollow sound. He didn't like the idea of changing his identity. He was proud of who he was, though truthfully, it wasn't much. But a murder accusation didn't look good on a record. Neither did prison.

"It's my fault they're blaming me. Screw up a few times and everyone thinks you're a prime suspect."

Xazor Elessar
Aug 2nd, 2002, 12:08:35 PM
Xazor looked at Jak for a moment, a curious grin played on her lips as she eyed him.

"You mean to tell me...you didn't kill anyone? Why didn't you say so in the first place?"

She questioned, wondering what his reasoning was behind hiding his innocence. If he had been in prison once and had only been accused of murder...she could prove his innocence...the Jedi had ways of seeing in the past and future. She wanted to know more now that he had admitted to not killing.....

Jak Brennagenn
Aug 2nd, 2002, 07:28:19 PM
Jak shrugged.

"Never really mattered. Everyone's convinced I'm a raving lunatic anyways so why, in an attept to clear that rep, would I make things worse? It would have only stregnthened their convictions."

He smiled.

"I never had much of a chance either way. In and out of jail, living the way I do, they can always pick you up for something. Besides, I know who did it and I don't want them to get in trouble."

Xazor Elessar
Aug 2nd, 2002, 07:32:22 PM
Xazor smiled gently as he spoke.

"So you're protecting a guilty man too? Why are you doing that when it could free yourself? You have a good heart, Jak...don't worry...you're not going to go back to jail...no more courtdates..."

The turbolift stopped and the pair exited. Xazor smiled as she led him over to a paper shredder. Taking the cuffs from the envelope, she placed it right through the shredder and it fell into a huge vat where millions and millions of pieces of paper came to rest.

"Today, you're a free man..."

She smiled brightly and walked over to the dump compressor...and threw the cuffs away. Turning back to Jak, she motioned for him to follow...

"Let's go, shall we?"

Jak Brennagenn
Aug 2nd, 2002, 07:57:00 PM
"I'm doing it becuase I'm in love."

Jak laughed, embarresed.

"No, not with the guy, I mean, it isn't a guy. It's a girl, er, woman who did it. I love her so..."

He watched in silence as Xazor shredded his file. Threw the cuffs away. He still didn't believe. It would take a long time to believe.

"You didn't have to do this for me. And yet," a puzzled smile flew across his features, "And yet, you did. I owe you Miss Jedi."

He followed her, not sure what he was feeling.

"Ill uh, try and be out of your way as soon as possible. I mean, I don't want to take up space and get in the way."

Xazor Elessar
Aug 2nd, 2002, 08:08:06 PM
Xazor smiled as she turned around and eyed him. Grinning, she thought about his words for a moment as a giggle escaped her lips.

"You're in love with the woman who did this? So that is why you are not ratting on her....you are a noble man, Jak. I've only known a few other souls like you."

She said softly as they continued walking once again. Xazor approached the large doors to the Recruitment Center, and with the Force, she opened them before they even got there. Smiling as the pair passed through the doors, they shut behind them and they stepped into the sunshine of the day.

"In my way? You won't be in my way....I'm your friend now, remember? We can do stuff together, you know. There is a Bar and Grill here where you can meet a lot of people. Of course the Living Quarters where your room will be. There is the Academy...if you ever feel adventurous and wish to train with the Jedi. Then there are the gardens...the jungle, the rivers...and if you go out east far enough...you'll run into the ocean. It's beautiful land here...and there is a lot of things for us to do....of course, if you wish to be alone, I won't get in your way either. In the short time that we have conversed...I think you're a really nice guy..."

Jak Brennagenn
Aug 2nd, 2002, 08:18:27 PM
Jak shook his head.

"No, trust me, I'm far from noble. I'm an idiot and a menace to society. But even menaces fall for pretty faces....and nice personalities....and perfectly formed groups of molecules..."

Jak groaned and hit his head against the wall.

"Well I can't see her anymore, no doubt about that. I mean, it would just not work. Over and done. Move on Jakko...."

He smiled at Xazor and continued, listening as she explained all there was to see. His brow furrowed when she mentioned an ocean.

"That's a big bunch of water right? And jungles are big binches of plants right?"

He grinned, hands in his pockets.

"I've grown up in downtown Coruscant, in the alleys mostly and they're aren't too many jungles or 'oceans' there. So...that Jedi thing you do...there's like this force, energy field thingy that you use right? I mean, I'm curious, what is that?"

Xazor Elessar
Aug 2nd, 2002, 08:28:36 PM
Xazor giggled at his analogies of the woman....the ocean...and the jungles. He was pretty much accurate on all accounts, but with a little detour in words. His question about her being a Jedi was a bit strange...she had not been asked that in such a manner before.

"Yes, I am a Jedi....I use the Force. The Force is an energy field....more like a river than anything else. It flows through you, me...that rock...that tree....everything. It flows through everything. When one is a Jedi, we use the Force for things of good nature. There are the Sith, of course...who feed on emotions and they bend the Force to do wicked acts. The Force is alive...all knowing, and all powerful. All things happen by way of the Force. Your presence here....it is not just a mere happening....you are here for a purpose, a reason....a reason only known to the Force. Many Jedi can tap into the Force and find out reasons and things that will happen in the future...and hidden things that have happened in the past. See, the Force is so vast...that if I were to tell you everything that I know about it....and then find out for you all that I don't know about it...we'd be here for a very long time."

Jak Brennagenn
Aug 2nd, 2002, 09:46:12 PM
Jak stared at Xazor and then down at himself and raised his eyebrows.

"So you're saying that there's some mystical energy field flowing through me that connects pretty much everything in the galaxy together and that this mystical energy field has "guided" me here for some mystery reason that only it knows?"

He coughed, covering up his laughter but it was futile.

"I....I'm sorry but....ha ha...I just don't think there's something controlling me."

Xazor Elessar
Aug 2nd, 2002, 10:22:16 PM
Xazor nodded at his words and smiled gently.

"Yes....there is something flowing through you...the Force...."

She could hear his laughing, but she did not let it bother her. If he chose not to believe in it, then he was only hurting himself. Sighing, she shook her head.

"Think what you want....but I know the truth..."

Then she got an idea and grinned as she stopped and closed her eyes. She delved deep into his mind and quickly played with some main "connections" to his legs. Suddenly he found himself unable to move.

"Hmmm....and how do you explain that?"

The Knight laughed and held him there at that position. Though mind control was bordering the uses of the Darkside of the Force, she never used it in battle...only when having fun with friends....

Jak Brennagenn
Aug 2nd, 2002, 10:35:20 PM
"Hey, what the frell!"

Jak bent over at the waist and smacked his legs.

"Ouch!"

He smacked them again harder.

"OW!"

Jak looked up at Xazor. He stood up quickly, flinging his arms out for balance.

"Okay, okay, so I can't explain that ...but lots of things are unexplainable!"

Xazor Elessar
Aug 2nd, 2002, 10:42:28 PM
Xazor released the hold on the nerves in his mind and grinned. He was able to walk and function again fully.

"Yes, lots of things are unexplainable...until you find someone who can explain them. I just connected with your mind through the Force and by doing so...I used the Force to pinch some nerves in your brain. I also used a bit of mind control....so you could not make your legs function at all."

She said with a proud smile as they continued to walk. The sun warmed their skin as they walked through the beautiful gardens, and then Xazor spotted the man made fountain in the corner of the garden. Grinning, she called some water from it with the Force and floated it through the air until it rested in front of Jak. Touching it with her finger, is suddenly solidified, but kept floating before him.

"And how do you explain that? There is only one way to, and you can't deny it....the Force...."

Jak Brennagenn
Aug 3rd, 2002, 10:43:52 AM
Jak shook his head and pointed his finger at Xazor.

"Ah, but you're wrong Miss Jedi. See.....this is me denying it. And this," Jak made an awestruck face," This is me accepting it."

"Oh wow! It is the Force! I believe, I believe!"

He changed his face again.

"Denying."

Grinned.

"Accepting."

Finally Jak crossed his arms over his chest.

"Lots of people can do stuff like that without using the "Force". I'm not saying there isn't something out there, but I'm telling you, it's not "uniting" everything. It's impossible."

Xazor Elessar
Aug 3rd, 2002, 11:23:20 AM
Xazor giggled at his antics. He was a funny character. It would take a lot more to convince him with.

"The Force is unifying. Otherwise, my mind would not have been connected to yours. I can feel your presence through the Force....and I can feel the presence of everything else through it as well. It is unifying...."

With that, the Knight grinned as she stopped and closed her eyes. Feeling the presence of things all around her, she focused on the tiniest beings...ants. The Knight got into their minds and spoke to them, telling them to gather together and surround her friend. Immediatly a swarm of black and red came pouring out of nowhere and all formed a huge sea at Jak's feet.

"Unifying....isn't it?"

Jak Brennagenn
Aug 3rd, 2002, 04:27:05 PM
"Ewwwww....I was going to say insane but unifying makes me sound more intelligent."

Jak made a face at the tiny insects and shivered. He hated bugs.

'Would you mind calling off your little followers, I would hate to squash one of them while doing a girly "gross" dance."

He shook his hands as if to shoo the swarm of ants away. They didn't listen and Jak glared at them.

"If you dudes aren't outta here in two seconds I'm gonna introduce you to Mr.Sole."

Once again, the ants made no move to go away. Jak threw up his hands in exasperation.

'Ants these days. Everything you say goes in one ear and out the other."

He grinned at Xazor.

"Okay....so maybe I believe you. But if y ou do have this power thing....aren't you tempted to use of for your own benefits?"

Xazor Elessar
Aug 3rd, 2002, 04:31:33 PM
Xazor laughed to herself at his actions. Smiling, she gently entered the minds of the ants around him and thanked them for their time......and that they were free to return to their doings. With that, the whole swarm of them turned around and scurried back to the places that they had come from. At his question, she shook her head.

"No......I'm a Jedi and I use this power for the greater good.....the only time I use it to benefit myself, is if I am in danger and the Force can help me....or if I need to heal myself.....as for any other benefit, like personal power and such things....no. The Sith, on the other hand, find self gratification in using the Force for their own benefit. They strive and thirst for power and will do anything to get it......even it that means abusing the Force. The Jedi do not support those views......we do not wish to make ourselves powerful or anything of the sort. We help people and in doing so, we sometimes help ourselves......"

Jak Brennagenn
Aug 3rd, 2002, 04:45:47 PM
"Ahhhkay...so the Sith are like Mr.Freeze, and the Jedi are like Batman....Batwoman....Batpeople. Y'know what I mean, good and evil."

He furrowed his brow in thought. Helping people was something he didn't do a lot of. In fact he could count on his hands how many times he'd done it. On the street it was every man for himself. But perhaps, perhaps if he tried to do that, he could finally rid himself of that life.

"Well what does it take to be like that? Like a Batman, er, Jedi?"

Xazor Elessar
Aug 3rd, 2002, 05:04:16 PM
Xazor grinned at his analogy. It was quite interesting, the way he put it. She smiled and nodded gently.

"Yes, good and evil....like Batman...."

She couldn't help but laugh slightly, though she knew that he was serious. It was like that.....even though she had never heard it explained that way. His question made her smiled even more.

"It doesn't take anything except for a willing heart. The life of the Jedi is not easy....but it is the most rewarding in the end. You have to be comitted to the life.....to training and the things that go along with it....but that is why you must have, above all else, a willing heart. All things, traits of the Jedi, if you will......will fall into place with time...."

Jak Brennagenn
Aug 3rd, 2002, 05:10:07 PM
Jak mulled that over. Was his heart willing? He didn't know. Did he want to help people? Sure, why not? better than what he wsa doing now. He didn't care if it was hard, he knew hard and he could deal with it. He also was one to stick with things when he started. The main reason he'd been in and out of the slammer.Smiling, Jak clapped his hands together.

"Well okay. So if I wanted to do this, where would I sign up? Is there like a bunch of paperwork 'cause when I was a kid I wanted to be in the army but I didn't want to fill out the paperwork so I went the opposite direction."

Xazor Elessar
Aug 3rd, 2002, 05:13:13 PM
Xazor smiled gently and shook her head to his question.

"No paperwork at all......all you have to say is be wiliing and say that this is what you want."

She said softly, wondering what he was getting at. She could not be sure if he really wanted this for himself or not, but for some reason, the Force told her yes.....

Jak Brennagenn
Aug 3rd, 2002, 05:19:28 PM
"Oh. Cool. I hate paperwork."

Jak was silent for a few moments, thinking it over. If he said yes, that was it, no more going back to this. Could he live with that? Deep down he enjoyed the excitement that the streets provided. The rush when you had to dive out a window and plummet down, trying desperatly to come up with a plan before you became a stain on the sidewalk...well okay, he wouldn't miss that. But his buddies...Marty would never forgive him. Well so what? What had they ever done for him?

"Yeah, what'd they ever do for me?"

Jak spoke aloud without realizing it.

"Alright. Yeah. Let's do this. I'm ready. I wanna help."

Xazor Elessar
Aug 3rd, 2002, 05:24:29 PM
Xazor grinned at his words, and her eyes sparkled with a hidden excitement.

"Alright, that's all you needed to do if you're really in this for the long haul....."

She said softly. The Knight stood there and thought about who would train him now. She knew his story....and no one else did. Sighing, she looked at hiim and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Welcome to the Greater Jedi Order, Padawan.......my Padawan."

With those words she sealed the deal and now he would train under her. How an unexpected arrival of an inmate, falsly accused of murder had turned out to be the acceptance of a new Padawan.....she had no idea.......but it was very wonderful indeed....

Jak Brennagenn
Aug 3rd, 2002, 05:48:29 PM
Jak knew little about the Jedi but he knew the meaning of the word "Padawan". He smiled, greatly liking the sound of the word. It would remind him always of his old path becoming new.

"Thank you....my Master."

Jak locked eyes with Xazor. This was going to be quite an adventure...

Xazor Elessar
Aug 3rd, 2002, 05:56:38 PM
Xazor smiled gently and nodded. It would be interesting to see where this path took him.

"You're welcome.....it's an honor to be able to train you. And I suggest that you find a room and get some rest, for your training shall begin tomorrow, promptly at.....nine o'clock. And that isn't even early....I figured I would give you an extention of time to sleep in."

She grinned to herself as they continued walking absentmindedly. Then Xazor realized that they had reached the Living Quarters. The pair walked up the large stairs and then opened the huge wooden doors to the multi-story building that housed the Jedi. The architecture of the place was incredible. Man made fountains and waterfalls dotted the halls and the courtyard that they stood in. Marble staircases led them to the upper levels, where Xazor's room could be found......as well as some of the rooms that offered spectacular views like the one she had from her large windows.

"Well, pick a floor and we'll find you a room......I'm on the top floor and in the East Wing.....the view from the windows is incredible..."

Jak Brennagenn
Aug 3rd, 2002, 06:11:32 PM
"Oh no, the honer is mine Miss Jedi."

Jak didn't say anything about the time. Nine O'clock was early for him but it wasn't bad.

"Uh, well I'm not fond of heights. Not scared or anything but I prefer to be close to the ground. But not on it. So I guess somewhere in the middle. Couple floors up."

As they walked up a flight of stairs, Jak turned around, gazing at all that was on each of the floors. It was a beautiful place, he had to admit. Much finer than anything he'd been in before.

"This place is awesome. Beautiful."

Xazor Elessar
Aug 3rd, 2002, 06:14:01 PM
Xazor smiled gently and nodded.

"Alright then, sounds like you're a second floor man to me. I'm on the fifth floor.....it's so beautiful up there. Too bad you don't like heights.....there is an open room next door to me with one of the best views.....besides the one from my room, of course."

She giggled slightly and began walking up the marble staircase to their left. It was beautiful indeed....and she was proud to take people on a tour of her home.....

Jak Brennagenn
Aug 3rd, 2002, 11:50:53 PM
"Yeah, I'm not fond of heights. When I was little, my dad used to take me to the top of his building when he was hammered and hold me over the edge. He'd make this big show of getting ready to let go of me and then just before he passed out he'd pull me back and tell me to call my mom to pick us up."

Jak cracked up at the memory. He was grinning from ear to ear as he remembered the pure terror he had felt as a child. It had started an addiction to adrenaline that had ruled his life, still did.

As the pair reached the second story, Jak pulled himself from his thoughts and looked around. Nodding, he turned to Xaz.

"I think I'm gonna like it here."

Xazor Elessar
Aug 4th, 2002, 09:50:40 AM
Xazor watched Jak as he spoke of a particular memory. It would have made her terrified to be in such a position....but he was strong and had obviously gotten through those times.

"I'm glad that you're here now..."

She said softly as they continued walking. Once to the second floor, Jak spoke of liking it here. Yes, it was very easy to love it here...and she knew that he would be at home in no time...

"Well then...if you wish, I can leave you to find a room and get settled. Perhaps we should meet for a drink later? But above all else, get plenty of rest tonight....for tomorrow your training begins...."

Jak Brennagenn
Aug 5th, 2002, 04:53:47 PM
Jak nodded.

"Sure, I'd like that. And don't worry about rest. I'm the king of sleeping."

He grinned and looked around at the floor. This was going to be an interesting life.

Xazor Elessar
Aug 5th, 2002, 09:05:44 PM
Xazor smiled gently and bowed.

"May the Force be with you my Padawan....see you tomorrow...."

With that, she turned and disappeared down the hallway....

Jak Brennagenn
Aug 11th, 2002, 12:18:56 PM
"Tomorrow it is then."

Jak stood for a minute and then echoed her bow, assuming that was what he was supposed to do. Turning, Jak went off in search of a room...