PDA

View Full Version : Official word on the DVD release

darth_mcbain
Aug 1st, 2002, 08:47:04 AM
The official site has officially given the date of Nov. 12 or release of the DVD and VHS. Thank goodness it is a lot sooner than they did it for Ep. I...

http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/news/2002/08/news20020801.html

Starquest aka AndyR
Aug 1st, 2002, 09:06:20 AM
No word on which deleted scenes were incorporated back into the movie... I really hope its a good one and not something like the taxi scene....

Which scene would you prefer?
I would prefer the scene with Dooku trying to convince padme and anakin how his idea for the galaxy is the right one.

ReaperFett
Aug 1st, 2002, 09:16:40 AM
ONLY EIGHT???

Peh!

They better add my droid ship fight!

http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/news/2002/08/img/ws_bg.jpg

JMK
Aug 1st, 2002, 11:05:04 AM
That's....good news....
:D

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 1st, 2002, 11:45:11 AM
8 is a lot, TPM only had like 5 or 6 so 8 is more. My guess is that they will be Padme's scene in the senate, two that were on Naboo with her family, the scene with Mace and Obi-Wan, the scene you mentioned Andy about Dooku, the trial, and the Jedi, droid ship scene, still that leaves one more, can't really guess which that one would be unless it is the one with Jar Jar telling Palpatine that he will make the motion before the Senate, the only other deleted scene I can think of might be the one with Obi-Wan searching the Jedi database for the dart.

darth_mcbain
Aug 1st, 2002, 11:50:36 AM
I think Jocasta Nu had more lines when Obi-Wan was staring at the bust of Count Dooku and she spoke of him. That could be one of the cut scenes...

Starquest aka AndyR
Aug 1st, 2002, 12:14:40 PM
I know they cut alot of the fight stuff out between OB1 and jango. and they also cut some stuff from the mace/jango fight as well. maybe they will reincorporate some of that back in. A few more kicks, slashes, punches, and flips wouldn't hurt the running time too much... :D:D

ReaperFett
Aug 1st, 2002, 12:44:52 PM
McBain, she did. Thats why her tone chanegd suddenly in the cinema :)

JMK
Aug 1st, 2002, 01:10:15 PM
But it doesn't say that they being re-incorporated into the movie which stinks IMO.

ReaperFett
Aug 1st, 2002, 01:21:02 PM
Didnt say for TPM though.

And my gripe with just 8 added scenes is thta the remainder will never be seen

JMK
Aug 1st, 2002, 02:22:40 PM
But this time it says with commentary from Lucas, Burtt, McCallum etc...
Unless we're going to hear their voices during the movie, they're not going to be there.

As for the scenes that were put back into TPM, we knew that the starting grid sequence and Coruscan Taxi were being put back into the movie, at least I did.

ReaperFett
Aug 1st, 2002, 02:33:03 PM
IIRC, the first release didnt say though. The 8 cut are the same as the TPM cut. they just redit the orignal

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 1st, 2002, 05:37:35 PM
TPM had 7 deleted scenes so AOTC has one more. Also I remember from last time Lucas said he only added the scenes that were 1 minute or longer so that is why a couple scenes from TPM (Darth Maul, Qui-Gon one for example) didn't make it, most likely all the ones that I mentioned will make it, the only question is the Jocasta scene it could be put into the film, that would be a nice touch, IMO.

ReaperFett
Aug 1st, 2002, 05:59:09 PM
And thats my gripe though. the greatest ever 30second clip might be ignored

ReaperFett
Aug 1st, 2002, 06:03:22 PM
UK gets the DVD a day early again :)

Darth_Ytnom
Aug 2nd, 2002, 12:59:01 PM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
UK gets the DVD a day early again :)

Thats it, im flying there a day early to pick it up.

ReaperFett
Aug 2nd, 2002, 01:39:09 PM
lol :)

JMK
Aug 2nd, 2002, 02:13:13 PM
I got mine a day early anyway. The store I ordered online from delivered a day early! Of course I didn't get to take advantage of it because I was at WWF Smackdown. :)

ReaperFett
Aug 2nd, 2002, 02:20:44 PM
lol

Danya Van Derveld
Aug 2nd, 2002, 02:51:56 PM
Ooooo!! *does happy dance* I can't wait to buy it!!! :D

JMK
Aug 2nd, 2002, 05:12:43 PM
I just popped by the OT and realised that they're pulling the ghastly full screen/widescreen trick. Meaning different versions of the film sold separately instead of having the choice on one disc. I hate that trick! :verymad

I fell for it with Artificial Intelligence and almost fell for it with Oceans 11, but caught myself on the way to the checkout.

Darth Viscera
Aug 18th, 2002, 03:11:14 AM
I can't wait for this release. They say it'll be the best Digital>Digital transfer ever. I hope it compresses well-I can't wait to see if I can turn my 9.4 gig dual layer AOTC DVD into a 795 meg DivX file with chapters, 2 subtitle streams and a commentary track! :)

*just likes to compress stuff*

*hugs his 39.6 meg Vorbis-encoded AOTC soundtrack w/chapters, tosses his retail AOTC soundtrack CD into a closet for stuff that isn't used*

Admiral Lebron
Aug 18th, 2002, 09:14:14 AM
I hope they add the rest of the Dooku/Yoda fight.

JMK
Aug 21st, 2002, 10:58:59 AM
Apparently the full screen DVD for TPM comes out on Nov. 12 as well.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 2nd, 2002, 09:52:47 PM
Also according to AICN there is new footage on the DVD not much unless there is more than they aren't reporting

Ash tells us that AICN has a review of Disc One of the Episode II DVD coming this November. News of new included dialogue and effects are welcomed, as well as the report that the transfer is flawless and the sound dynamic. Here's a clip of the commentary, head over there for a rundown on the whole disc. Awesome!
Skipping to Anakin and Padme in the garage... Coleman gets damn-near religious on the old Lars garage set, complete with the "has-to-be-there" inclusion of the wonderful blue milk, which builds healthy Jedi bodies seven ways. Lucas steps in to help us sift through Anakin's head, perhaps even tipping a bit of his hand as to where the story's going. But then, we already have the original trilogy to spoil it for us.
NOTE: This is the first instance of the DVD version differing from the theatrical release. Anakin and Padme have a smidgen of dialogue after the "I slaughtered them like animals. I hate them!" speech. Educated guess would say to me that Lucas is answering a complaint of many people: "Why would Padme fall for this murdering psycho?" Initially, if I remember right, Anakin just starts weeping like a baby immediately after the animals speech, when he sits down. Here's what follows now after he slumps to the floor, Padme following suit:

Padme: "To be angry is to be human."

Anakin: "I'm a Jedi. I KNOW I'm better than this."

THEN he starts the waterworks.

Perhaps just enough to show that Anakin seems remorseful, and that Padme is willing to accept his faults. Definitely should have been in the original release (perhaps certain digital prints had it, hell, maybe it WAS in the theater. But I don't remember it, so there.) Plus, it solves my internal mystery about the lost "I'm a Jedi" line from one of the trailers.

I think that would be a good addition, I think it should have been in the movie proper because it would have shown Anakin having guilt.