PDA

View Full Version : Imagine this....

Marcus Telcontar
Aug 1st, 2002, 06:25:30 AM
Your having lunch beside Sydney Harbour, which is one of the best places in the world, and then you see <a href=http://www.dailytelegraph.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,4816943%255E701,00.html>THIS!</a>

The Southern Wright whale is 15 - 20 meters long and can weigh up to 55 ton. Imagine one of these things breaching under the Bridge! It's been quite a show apparently to see these huge mammals leaping out of the water.

Gav Mortis
Aug 1st, 2002, 06:47:49 AM
I really envy you folk. That would be such an amazing sight; not only would you have Sydney Harbour but you have whales too. It would be a truly stunning thing to see. ]

Have you had the pleasure of seeing that yet?

Severen Morkonis
Aug 1st, 2002, 06:49:53 AM
Hehe-cool

I been to an island called Tenerife before, infact we go there most years, its in the canarey islands just of the coast of africa and ive been on a boat that took us to see dolpines and pilot whales right up close to the boat..that was fn...when i went to Tunisia (North Africa)...i went scoober diveing...saw some nice fish down there to...

Marcus Telcontar
Aug 1st, 2002, 06:50:23 AM
No :(

Which truly sucks.

Gav Mortis
Aug 1st, 2002, 06:56:40 AM
You should try getting down there tomorrow or something, they might stick around as whales like having audiences occassionally.

I've been on one of those boats in Tenerife too. It was amazing to see the dolphins in the whales, we saw no whales unfortunately but we were allowed to get out and swim which was cool. But the undoubted greatest experience of my life was when I went scuba-diving and snorkelling in the Great Barrier Reef; it was the most exhilerating experience ever. I will have done it again sometime in the next three or four years, I promise myself.