PDA

View Full Version : Intensive Care (Open)

Sanis Prent
Jul 31st, 2002, 12:52:39 AM
(Continued from <a href=http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20689>here</a>)

(Daleethria's healing halted my spiraling descent toward a slow death. Now, I simply teetered on the edge. I had long since lost conciousness, withdrawing into myself as my body fought a battle to stay in one piece, and stay alive. With my spirit guardian's aid, I was stabilized, as the medics arrived. They broke out a full gurney, hooked me up to tubes, machines, and every medical bell and whistle they could bring to bear...and just as quickly as they came, they whisked me away. I'd made my way out of prison.

Unfortunately, my new resort was an Intensive Care Ward.)

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 1st, 2002, 09:29:33 PM
She had arrived an hour ago. There was no way to describe how Navaria felt as she walked into intensive care, seeing the man she loved, hooked up by countless tubes and wires. It was almost a jib-saw puzzle in figuring out where each wire and tube went to which machine.

Which is what Navaria did. She memorized each line of tube or wire and traced it back to the point of origin at least thirty times. It took less time with each pass and Navaria did this while holding Sanis' hand softly.

Her thumb traced circles between his thumb and index finger, almost ritually and probing his mind with her own, letting him know that she was there. Navaria hoped that this would stir Sanis out of his unconscious state.

The Jedi was really tempted to try and heal him herself, but with her friend watching ever so close by, Navaria doubted that was an option. Besides, she was still recovering from her own injury and exerting that much energy could cause a relapse.

She saw Soolin out of the corner of her eye and wondered what her friend was thinking.

Probably wanting to shove the whole bed into a prison somewhere ....

Sanis Prent
Aug 2nd, 2002, 11:30:01 AM
(With a slow progression, I opened my eyes, breathing a little deeper, as I regained conciousness. The sight I saw...had to be an angel)

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 4th, 2002, 12:00:58 PM
Navaria noticed Sanis' chest beginning to breath in deeper. The signs that he was starting to come around. Her expressionless face changed almost instantly as her eyes began to water with relief.

She gently lifted his hand and brought it to her lips, pressing them softly against the cold skin.

Sanis Prent
Aug 4th, 2002, 12:56:00 PM
(My voice sounded weak and distant, like I was speaking through a straw or something. Which...I kinda was, if you counted the tube out of my nose. It came out of dry lips, and sounded tired.)

...hey there, beautiful.

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 4th, 2002, 03:05:20 PM
Her throat went dry, overwhelmed with emotion. Hearing his voice again, painfilled and crack, was more beautiful then a Corellian Opera.

"Hey ...."

It took all her control to tear away from those eyes of his and call over one of the nurses.

"He is awake. Inform the doctor at once."

She nodded, smiling at the sight of the Navaria and Sanis before heading off.

Now it was just the two of them again and everything of the moment was just in absorbing the fact that Sanis was alive.

Sanis Prent
Aug 6th, 2002, 01:24:27 PM
(I glanced to all the equipment)

Guess I'm not superman after all.

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 6th, 2002, 09:05:04 PM
She sniffed, wiping away a tear that had fallen.

"No, you are not."

Navaria swallowed hard.

"They almost lost you."

Sanis Prent
Aug 12th, 2002, 10:24:20 AM
(I allowed a weak smile to creep up on my face)

I wouldn't let you get away that easily.

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 12th, 2002, 08:00:23 PM
"Me?"

She laughed, kissing Sanis' hand once more.

"You were the one they had to catch."

Her face turned serious, fighting back the emotions that were trying to win over and force Navaria into crying fit. The wonder of where that doctor was seemed to have been forgotten.

"Sanis ..."

There was so much that had happened. From her being shot accidentally, Sanis being mauled almost to death ... It was still a nightmare trying to piece it all together. Everything happened so fast.

Navaria tried again, clearing her mind quickly as any Jedi Knight could do.

"... I love you."

It tool all her concentration to get those three words out. Eyes bloodshot slightly and moist, lines of dry tears streaked on her face ... Not the proper image of a Jedi but at least Navaria could finally let Sanis know how much she meant to him. Letting him know she understood his passions and his demons ...

There was still much to be worked out though. His healing would be the first step, physically. Mentally was another hurdle for another day.

Sanis Prent
Aug 12th, 2002, 10:10:55 PM
(I reached a hand out to hers, fingers wrapping around her own, as I gently brought it close to my face, careful to avoid tangling in the intravenous tubing.)

I love you more than I love myself.

(I laughed softly, squeezing her fingers)

...it probably sounds a little conceited to you, I know.

(Our eyes connected, as tightly as our hands now held each other)

You've spent your life looking after others. I've spent mine looking after me, and nobody else.

(A long breath, and another smile)

I guess...we're in the same outbound ship. How do you love...one person.

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 12th, 2002, 10:25:27 PM
She reached out a finger to brush along his cheek, ever so softly. Sanis wasn't as cold since waking up.

"We have so little in common that I wonder if this will work. Then, in only a way you can express it ... You solidify my belief in that it can."

Finally there was a smile that spread across her face that was free from the worry that haunted her face.

"If we are flying the same ship, I better be your co-pilot."

Her words were playful, the tone more akin to what Sanis was used to.

Sanis Prent
Aug 13th, 2002, 01:46:34 PM
I can't be a saint, Nav. I wouldn't even know where to begin.

(my finger traced a circle on the back of her hand)

But maybe I can do some good for you, in my own way.

(I noticed somebody watching from the doorway)

I see you've got some people looking after you now. I don't blame em.

Soolin Anjhurin
Aug 13th, 2002, 02:13:20 PM
:: Cool blue-grey eyes met his, but only for a moment. Soolin waited outside to leave them alone ::

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 14th, 2002, 10:12:54 AM
Navaria knew who it was and turned her head so watch Soolin leaving the room.

"Well ..."

She turned back to Sanis.

"... let's just say if that Cizerack did not get to you, Soolin probably would have."

Chuckling a little, Navaria tucked the loose strands of hair behind her ear.

"She is a good friend and cares about my well being."

Sanis Prent
Aug 14th, 2002, 12:21:03 PM
(My smile faded a little)

I guess it must be hard to balance me and your Jedi friends.

Soolin Anjhurin
Aug 15th, 2002, 10:36:00 AM
:: Outside in the hallway, Soolin leans against the wall.

Sanis had gotten what she felt he had coming to him, but she felt unsettled. A Cizerack had done this to him. Mauled him.

She closes her eyes and touches Grimya's fur for comfort.

Karma reaches everyone, even the Cizerack ::

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 16th, 2002, 09:46:47 AM
"Yes."

She agreed reluctantly.

"But it is not a problem."

A lopsided smile came.

"Trust me."

Her eyes were drawn to the hallway briefly were Soolin disappeared. She had sensed that her friend was deep in thought but was all right.

Sanis Prent
Aug 16th, 2002, 10:23:51 AM
You ever think our professions will get us in trouble one day?

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 16th, 2002, 10:29:21 AM
"Yes."

She answered honestly.

"Most likely."

Sanis Prent
Aug 16th, 2002, 10:49:31 AM
(I closed my eyes)

I don't even want to imagine it.

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 18th, 2002, 04:15:23 PM
"Don't then. You should be concerned with your recovery."