PDA

View Full Version : Creative Block

Liam Deralis
Jul 30th, 2002, 11:06:31 PM
Hmm... alot of you don't know me but I decided I'd post this anyway. Although I've only met a handful of you, you've might of seen me on the RP board somewhere before. Anyway, back to the subject, I've been RPing for a few years but I'm relatively new to the Star Wars genre of roleplaying. Fantasy was my strong suit, but I grew bored with that & moved on to SW now.

I created my first SW-based character Liam Deralis with hardly any thought at all, basically I thought up a name & decided to take the role of a Dark Jedi. I've only a summary of history behind him, and until a few days ago I didn't really have a set description on him. I just wanted to get a feel for SW roleplaying.

I want to get a more serious character, cause I'm kinda growing old with Liam since he's such a simplistic character. And I'm in a creative slump as far as designing a new role. I know alot of you have multiple characters or characters that tie in with your character's past that you don't use actively. Since I'm so uncreative, or lazy, take your pick, anybody with an inactive character you need played just pitch the idea if you'd like me to give it a shot. Or if anybody has any ideas for an original character idea, pitch me the idea.

I'm desperate. ;) And I'm unoriginal. If not, I'll get back to the drawing boards and attempt to use my brain for once. Though I'm not sure it's fully functional since it's been inactive for about three months of summer vacation.

DarthHERA
Jul 30th, 2002, 11:18:59 PM
You could try your hand as a Hutt or a Cizerack or a Nemoidian. There are groups here of all these. This offers a nice change from the standard Force-weilder characters.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 30th, 2002, 11:21:09 PM
Yep, thats a good point. And the Trade Federation is...strangely quiet as of late.

Lord Gue
Jul 30th, 2002, 11:21:38 PM
How about the andventures of a sentient Space slug, eh?

DarthHERA
Jul 30th, 2002, 11:24:05 PM
The best chars imo are also ones that are really quirky and imperfect. This makes them so interesting.

Cyrus Haman comes to mind - read some of his posts if you get a chance, to see what I mean. (he's just one of dozens of examples btw, but a personal favorite)

Lord Gue
Jul 30th, 2002, 11:30:28 PM
how about one with psychological problems, like the ones with multiple personality disorder

I want an Anal Retentive jedi, lol

Liam Deralis
Jul 30th, 2002, 11:53:29 PM
Thanks everyone for the input, it's amazing how something so simple can give a guy some inspiration. I'm actually debating between a handful of character types I've managed to come up with, all non-Force. Looks like I was just looking in the wrong place, Jedi/Siths aren't for everyone.

Admiral Lebron
Jul 31st, 2002, 12:08:12 AM
Have one that goes in and out of pyschotic episodes. Those are always fun.

Ryla Relvinian
Jul 31st, 2002, 12:38:19 AM
I think you should be a gay hutt with a penchant for buggery, married to a 15 year old french prostitute with webbed feet named Chloe. You could just have countless threads of the two of you conversing, and (oh wait, this one is a gem..) don't even change the way you write so we know that they are played by the same person!!!

AHH! That's it, I've finally lost it. Thank you all, and good night :crack

Actually, I'd vote for you playing some sort of a freelance bounty hunter or something. Those guys have all the fun. You could even be a Twi'lek slave trader.

Sanis Prent
Jul 31st, 2002, 12:40:31 AM
Please...the Hutts and Trade Federation need all the help they can get :) :lol

Sean Piett
Jul 31st, 2002, 11:41:11 AM
Not a prostitute, Ryla! You make it sound dirty.

It was love slave :)

Sean Piett
Jul 31st, 2002, 11:43:14 AM
Speaking of which, there's an Imperial group trying to liberate Coruscant from the Republic. Nothing to do with starships. Gimme a holla if you're interested. :)

IG-88
Jul 31st, 2002, 03:18:38 PM
Originally posted by Ryla Relvinian
Actually, I'd vote for you playing some sort of a freelance bounty hunter or something. Those guys have all the fun.

Oh, we do, Ryla. We do. At least - I do. If you were a droid, you could "role-play" my sleek electronic love slave. A pity you're so disgustingly biological. But don't let that throw you off - I am always available for hire.

Take that as you will. I am capable of explaining it for your benefit, if you wish.

Concerning Liam Deralis (not his true name):

Greetings, I am IG-88. I highly recommend using your brain. Good "luck"!

In closing, I recommend you be somebody who loves nothing more than to create steaming, dead carcasses out of live, annoying biological beings.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 31st, 2002, 03:24:25 PM
I thought Coruscant was under the control of TGE already.

Admiral Lebron
Jul 31st, 2002, 03:27:47 PM
No...

Sean Piett
Jul 31st, 2002, 03:47:46 PM
It's supposed to go the the Republic in Viscera's absence.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 31st, 2002, 04:05:26 PM
Oh I forgot. :) Sowwy!