PDA

View Full Version : Sorry JMK

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 30th, 2002, 10:58:36 PM
I guess you heard the news the Expos traded Floyd to Boston, this is the third guy we got from you guys in the last 5 years (the first one has worked out brillantly so far) I hope Floyd works out, but not sure where he can play? DH? or maybe Manny will play DH hte rest of the year and Floyd in LF, though I have read Floyd could play 1b at one time.

Now what would it take to get Colon :p

JMK
Jul 31st, 2002, 06:48:09 AM
:lol
I was going to start a thread titled "You're welcome JMC!"
For whatever reason, once Floyd got here, the Expos went south and may have went on enough of a slide to put themselves too far out of reach for the wild card. What about these prospects? Are they promising at all?

Now about Colon, FORGET IT! :p The guy is a horse, 7 complete games this year and he only gets stronger as the games go on. What a freak!

Doc Milo
Jul 31st, 2002, 10:33:20 AM
The Floyd trade was a shocker to me. But it can only help me (for my fantasy team) since I have him on my roster, and him and the green monster may make a great combo for monster numbers. I don't think adding Floyd will help Boston in the hunt for the division, but they should be in a good spot for the wild card.

They got that trade in just under the wire, too.

Now, Colon isn't going anywhere. There is no way Montreal would be able to sneak him past waivers without him being claimed before they can trade him...

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 31st, 2002, 10:34:28 AM
Song was our best pitching prospect, he could be a very good starter, in a year or two, Kim, is debatable, he might need either a change of scenary or maybe needs a whole season as a starter, he has been very good in the minors but hasn't done anything when he is called up (he has been used out of the bullpen a lot which could have been the problem), also there is a third player that hasn't been named yet, I am betting it is one of the guys we drafted, but couldn't say who that is.

I figured we couldn't get Colon, I guess we will have to find somebody else. Though there is nobody else out there, Paul Byrd is pretty good but the Royals want Freddy Sanchez who is our best prospect and I don't want to give him up (he is a great 2b with a lot of power he probably will be starting next season) I am betting we will get a relief pitcher either by 4 or through a waiver deal, Mike Timlin seems like the most likely candidate. Finally I really like having Floyd in our lineup I think he really helps, he gives Manny protection and now we don't have a terrible hitter in the lineup, we don't have to play Awfulman ever again, and they are even talking about extending his contract. And even better news we stole them from the Yanks, they were rumored to be trying to get them to, that is a real change usually they steal players from us :p

JMK
Jul 31st, 2002, 11:12:37 AM
Usually they steal from everyone!
Floyd may be a good addition to the team, but he could also be a disruptive force. He's known to be a bit of a whiner. He really didn't provide Guerrero with the kind of protection they were hoping for, so they ditched him. Besides, with Tatis, Gallaraga, Cabrera and Barrett all after him he shouldn't really need that much protection.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 31st, 2002, 11:36:48 AM
I have never heard that about Floyd, he may not have been happy in Montreal, also he said he tried to hard hopefully he won't try as hard in Boston. The other good thing is he will be hitting in between Manny and Hillenbrand, which should be great. I have to say our lineup looks very good.

And Doc I didn't see your post before I posted but I have to agree with you I don't think we will win the division, but I am happy with a Wild Card I think our best chance to beat the Yanks is in the ALCS anyway, as difficult as that may be.

JMK
Jul 31st, 2002, 12:38:57 PM
If they can fugde their pitching rotation in October so that Pedro would get 2 starts against the Yankees, that would help alot. OF course, I'm assuming that Pedro is even healthy come October, which isn't always a given.