PDA

View Full Version : When you walk the gardens at night

SashaKovalev
Jul 30th, 2002, 02:17:07 PM
Sasha had been told early on not to walk in the gardens at night. And he'd been good about it, taking the warning by Lady Vader quite seriously. He had no intentions of upsetting Shenraun, the dragon of the gardens.

He'd never expected to meet the dragon, really, and the visit from him one morning had been quite unexpected. But they had developed a sort of friendship, and the dragon had given him permission to walk the gardens at night if he so chose.

So this evening, late at night, while most others were sleeping, he walked through the castle and out to the gardens. He was supposed to meet the dragon a few mornings ago to explore the depths of the lake - instead he'd wound up making the biggest mistake of his life. But it had somehow turned out ok, and he had been given a second chance to prove himself.

He wasnt upset or troubled by anything this evening, rather, he was just restless. He made his way into the gardens, quietly, respectfully.

The dragon had said that he would find Sasha, so the young Sith did not call out. Rather, he walked, enjoying the crisp evening air.

Shenraun
Jul 31st, 2002, 02:11:26 PM
*A soft russle of leaves was heard to the side of where Sasha was walking, and Shenraun stepped out from between some tall trees. For a creature his size, he could walk as silently as he chose.*

*His golden eyes seemed to almost glow in the garden's low light, giving the dragon excellant vision in the dark. Though it was hard to see in the dimmly glowing torches, his exposed teeth gave away his smile.*

Good evening, Sasha. To what do I owe the pleasure of your visiting my garden tonight?

SashaKovalev
Jul 31st, 2002, 02:17:48 PM
The young sith grinned as Shenraun made himself visible.

"Shenraun...." He greeted him, his violet eyes dancing in the flickering light of the torches that lit the garden paths.

And then his expression sobered slightly.

"I couldnt sleep." He answered with a slight shrug.

"And I wanted to apologize to you. I'd promised I'd come the other day to see you so you could show me the lake and I uh...I got a little sidetracked." He added, his expression a bit sheepish, and briefly slightly grim as hew as reminded of his foolish mistake.

Shenraun
Aug 1st, 2002, 04:00:02 PM
There is no need for apology. Sometimes thngs come up and you have no way of knowing. Life islike that.

*The dragon moved closer into the light.*

But you are here now, and you stated you cannot sleep, leaving me to guess your mind is heavy with thoughts.

SashaKovalev
Aug 2nd, 2002, 08:38:11 AM
Sasha gave a small smile. The dragon understood, and for that he was grateful.

He continued walking a bit, for the gardens were a beautiful place in the dead of the night. The sounds of crickets chirping, and other forms of wildlife scurried about, unseen, but softly heard.

"I do have a lot on my mind, I guess...but not anything really bad." He responded, running a hand idly through his hair, brushing it back from his eyes.

"I'm just anxious, I guess. Lady Vader spoke with me the other night about me becoming her apprentice..." He added, the pride and excitement carrying easily on his voice.

"And now I'm just waiting....Lord Dyzm is out of town and I guess she just needs to ok everything with him because he was....is...my master right now."

He looked to the dragon and grinned wryly.

"I know, I know...be patient..." He stated, quoting what he figured Shenraun was likely to advise.

"I just...I hate waiting. I just admire her and look up to her and I want more than anything to be able to learn from her....what if he says no?" He asked, nto exactly asking the dragon for an answer, but more stating what was on his mind - the concern that he might not get what he was hoping for.

Shenraun
Aug 2nd, 2002, 12:55:46 PM
*The dragon watched Sasha walk a bit along the dimly lit path, settling down where he stood. Eventually the young man turned back to face him, speaking. Shenraun listened and nodded his massive head minutely.*

I'm sure something will come out of this in your favor. In either way, both Masters are quite formidable, and you'd be lucky to have either one.

But I can understand your devotion and admiration for my Mistress, as I hold the same for her.

SashaKovalev
Aug 2nd, 2002, 01:26:06 PM
He nodded, and walked back towards the dragon. Shenraun seemed to have chosen to remain in this spot, and the young Sith had no other choice.

He leaned back against one of the trees and looked to the massive dragon.

"I know I'd be lucky to have either one." He replied almost defensively, seriously. He didnt take forgranted how lucky he was to have a master at all.

He sighed.

"Shenraun, you dont understand." He added.

"This is something I really want. More than I've wanted anything else before. I cut my hand off for her for crissake." He added, his voice carrying the determination he felt.

Shenraun
Aug 5th, 2002, 04:21:30 PM
*The dragon frowned.*

And why would you willingly cut your own apendage off? There is a reason, is there not?

SashaKovalev
Aug 6th, 2002, 07:19:19 AM
He nodded and sighed softly.

"Yeah, theres a reason." He replied quietly. He was quiet as he reflected on that evening. He hadnt forgotten it. Sometimes he woke in the middle of the night, thinking he felt her green eyes staring at him from the darkness, reminding him of how foolish he had been.

"I screwed up. I did something I shouldnt hav done, and to atone for it she suggested I cut off my hand." It had been more than a suggestion, really, but she had had at least given him the choice to do it or not to do it.

And out of his admiration for her, and his stubborness to prove to her, and to the order that he was not a traitor, he had followed through with it.

He stopped leaning against the tree and paced. "I deserved it." He added, his violet eyes looking to the dragon, defending Lady Vader's request, though no defense was necessary.

Shenraun
Aug 7th, 2002, 02:48:22 PM
*A scaley ridge above one golden eye raised slightly.*

You must have done something terrible to have a punsihment as to have your limb cut off. But the fact you went through with it shows you are loyal to the Order, and would rather lose that which caused your elder grief than to fall completely from their approving gaze.

*He shifted his arms, crossing one over the other.*

In essence, this incident will help you to grow and learn from your mistakes. And perhaps make you more patient and less rash in decisions.

*Shenraun smiled.*

SashaKovalev
Aug 7th, 2002, 05:53:09 PM
He stopped his pacing for a moment.

"Yes, it was terrible." He replied, his voice just above a whisper.

But then Shenraun had him smiling once again, laughing even.

"Shenraun, I dont think I'll ever be patient." He retorted.

"Only if I live to be your age..." He added with a teasing glint in his violet eyes.

"And that isnt likely......" He added.

"So what afre the gardens like at night?" He asked, shifting the subject. He'd never been to them, for until now, it had been forbidden to him.

Shenraun
Aug 8th, 2002, 03:37:26 PM
*Shenraun breathed in deeply, leting out the air with a "hmmm" sound.*

Well, for the most part it's quiet and peaceful. The evening insects are out in full force, singing their nightly songs, while some others flitter about with their flourescant wings.

*At that moment, one such insect sipped by Sasha's face, and the young man watched it flitter into the brush.*

Those particular ones like to light on the water. They're so light, they can stand on the lakes water. But then the fish of the lake come up and snatch them.

*A small crash was heard behind Sasha, and he turned to see where it had come from. Shenraun merely lifted his head slightly.*

That would be the wild rodents about the area. The males are quite docile, but the females are the ones with sharp teeth.

I also see the occassional Corellian panther, though those creatures truely like solitude and rarely are seen.

SashaKovalev
Aug 9th, 2002, 08:52:46 AM
Sasha grinned slightly at the fact that the female rodents were the ones to be feared. Lately, he wondered if it wasnt that all females were to be feared. Xazor had tricked him, Lady Vader was a formiddable woman indeed, and Feliciana threatened complete and utter confusion.

And then he shook his head slowly in amazement.

"I can see why you'd make this your home..." He stated softly.

And then with a wry smile. "Maybe I could learn to be patient if I had this much peace and quiet..."

The sultry air of the gardens made him feel so relaxed that he began to feel a bit drowsy. It was quite late at night, as he'd come here after meeting and speaking for quite some time with the woman who'd just moved in across the hall from him.

He'd only need a little fresh air, and a few wise words from Shenraun to calm him down enough to sleep.

He yawned, unable to resist the exhaustion he felt.

He smiled at the dragon.

"Thanks, Shenraun." The young sith reached out, resting a hand on the dragon's massive scales.

"I think I can sleep now..." He added.

(ooc: *grins* and I figured I'd close this one out before I took off for a few weeks)

"If its ok, I'll drop by later in the week to see you..." He added, hoping the dragon wouldnt mind another visit. There was much to learn from the dragon, and he rather liked the time he spent with him. Perhaps, over time, the dragon's patience would begin to wear off just a bit on the young boy.

He turned, and with a look back and a small wave, he headed back to the castle.

Shenraun
Aug 9th, 2002, 12:27:26 PM
*Shenraun smiled a toothy grin that glinted slightly in the dim light.*

You are welcome here any time.

*He stood, watching Sasha wave a goodbye to him and then disapear down the path back towards the Palace.*

*Shenraun himself heaved a great sigh, and turned making his own way back into the depths of the garden to enjoy the music of the night... and a bit of slumber.*