PDA

View Full Version : New Beginnings (Xazor)

Jakob Burton
Jul 29th, 2002, 09:47:28 PM
Jake sits in meditation, pondering the myriadic, kaelydoscopic events that was his life in search of the answer of one question:

Can I be a Jedi?

Xazor Elessar
Jul 30th, 2002, 08:54:15 PM
"I believe that you will become a great Knight someday...."

The young woman, Xazor, stepped into the Academy as she heard her Padawan's thoughts. She smiled, knowing that he would not fully grasp how she had happened to be there at that time....how she happened to hear what he was thinking. It didn't matter, the only thing that mattered...is that she was there and she listened.

"What is wrong my Padawan? Please, talk to me..."

She said softly and moved in front of him, sitting down cross legged on the ground. A gentle smile laced with concern crossed her lips as she looked up into his eyes....

Jakob Burton
Aug 2nd, 2002, 04:39:07 PM
"Oh, it's nothing. I'm just a bit nervous, that's all. It's nothing I can't overcome.......hopefully. I'm just a bit scared that I might not be able to live up to the Jedi image that the peoples of the galaxy hold."

Jake shakes his head.

"I mean, I have a very difficult time with controlling my anger from time to time....."

Xazor Elessar
Aug 2nd, 2002, 04:46:09 PM
Xazor smiled gently and eyed Jake for a moment before sighing to herself. The idea of the Jedi was so different across the galaxy, that she couldn't help but wonder what he thought a Jedi was.

"Jake, you're doing fine. You're young and you have much to learn."

She smiled once again and let him speak of his anger. How she knew what that was all about. The Knight placed a gentle hand on his should and looked into his eyes so that he got the message she was about to tell him.

"Do not be afraid...for that is of the Darkside. We all make mistakes and with time, you will be able to control your anger. I had problems with that until just recently...so it is not something that happens overnight. Meditation helps with this too....so do other calming exercises."

The Knight said softly, hoping that she would see her message and take her word for it. She really did know what she was talking about for all of these things were what her Master had told her as well.....

Jakob Burton
Aug 2nd, 2002, 06:25:44 PM
"I understand. Thank you for caring."

Jake's rather dim disposition changed into a happy one.

"So, when am I going to get two of those fancy laser blades?"

Xazor Elessar
Aug 2nd, 2002, 06:48:43 PM
Xazor laughed to herself and shook her head.

"Two of them? Why do you need two of them?"

She questioned with a smile. Reaching into her cloak, she pulled out a black satin bag that weighed at least a pound. Inside rested every part needed to build a lightsaber, including a multiple of crystals.....she handed the bag to him and smiled.

"I wasn't planning on giving this to you so soon...but you're ready. Inside is everything you need....there are no directions but the Force will guide you..."

Jakob Burton
Aug 5th, 2002, 08:42:19 PM
"I need one for each hand. I've used several series of two-weapon styles, and I can handle a lightsaber, 'cause I had one once. But I blew it up. So the Force'll guide me, eh? If I blow one or two of them up, it ain't my fault. I have no idea what the hell I'm doing."

Jake takes the black satin bag and empties its contents onto a metal table, before sitting down to the jumble of wires, crystals, circuitry, tubing, and metal and began rummaging through them. First thing to do was to separate and distinguish between each different types of building materials, and what should go where. Jake could already see the sabers before him, both of them, one with a black blade, and the other with a white blade. Hopefully he wouldn't blow the things apart.

"If I ruin these parts, can I get more? I have a feeling that I might need some spare parts just in case..."

Xazor Elessar
Aug 8th, 2002, 01:16:10 PM
The Knight laughed to herself at his comment and nodded her head. From her cloak, she took another bag.....this one was made of white satin. Handing it to her Padawan, she grinned.

"Or perhaps you may be careful and end up with two as you wished......"

She winked at him, knowing that there were parts for another in that bag.....as well as spar parts in case he messed something up on either saber. She grinned to herself, wondering what he had to think of that....

Jakob Burton
Aug 8th, 2002, 08:53:45 PM
"Thanks. I appreciate it."

Jake, taking the white bag, sat it to the side. He would finish the other first. Looking at the piles of stuff, he kinda knew what he was doing. First to fashion the powerhouse and then the energy emitter and then the power crystal housing and then the outer casing, and on and on.....

Going into a state of a trance, Jake's hands suddenly begin moving themselves, totally guided by the Force. They were going at a rapid pace, but while they were doing so, Jake didn't even notice them. Instead, he noticed the plans, all laid out, in his mind. That was all he could see. The blueprints for "Purity," a blade of white, and "Impurity", a blade of black. Simple enough names. Kinda neat. And influenced by the essence of the Force. So he would keep them. First to cut out his "Impurity," then to smooth out his "Purity." Jake laughed to himself, seeing the deeper meaning of the names, and then went back into his trance. At this rate, he would have both done in no time.

After about ten minutes Jake had the innards made for "Impurity," consisting of ununiform, imperfect wiring, although it was perfectly functionable, and actually a work of art to those who would somehow understand the chaos of it all. All was crazed, and jumbled, save for the crystal, perfectly cut. Jake honestly didn't know himself if the crystal emitted a black blade, but the Force knew, and he trusted in the Force. Now he began to work on a rough looking handle, purposely cut in such a manner to give it a true sense of imperfection, perhaps to decieve, or to show the Force's ununiform, chaotic, nonconforming side. Jake truly didn't understand, but then again, he didn't try to.....

After about another ten minutes, he lowered and fastened the innards into the outer casing, welding them down. Another minute and the saber was completed, although it had a rather rough look to it. Now the moment of truth. Jake turned it on, and to his suprise, a black, perfect blade of energy came forth: a sign of the perfection buried deep within the imperfect and insane jumble of wires and circuitry. Jake looked over to Xazor, smiling widely. He spoke.

"How is it?"

Xazor Elessar
Aug 9th, 2002, 08:30:43 PM
Xazor smiled to herself as she watched Jake construct his lightsaber. It was curious to her as to how he was using the Force. She remembered making her first saber and how difficult it had been....when she was trying too hard. She too had built it in front of her Master. A smiled crossed her lips after a long while, when he was finally completed.

"Very good, my Padawan.....it is of excellent construction. I am proud to have witness you letting the Force guide your hands and your mind......"

The Knight said softly, bowing her head to him as a sign of respect. He would do well....she knew.....now that he had one saber built, she would teach him how to fight and defend himself and others......his journey had just begun now.....

Jakob Burton
Aug 11th, 2002, 07:51:56 PM
"Thank you, Xazor. I'm glad that you're pleased. I'm a bit happy with myself as well. I must begin on the second of the two, and I have a feeling that this'll take a bit longer......"

Jake went back into a trance again, his hands moving as fast as he did before. As he emptied the contents of the white pouch, he stopped. This would take a lot longer, and would require more focus. He took a deep breath, and closed his eyes. When he opened them slowly, his hands were moving, but they seemed a lot slower, and more deliberate. All he could see was the forming saber, his hands, and the blueprints in his mind. And the name "Purity." This had to be a work of art, it had to be.......

His hands moved slowly, attaching this wire to that one, sodering them to the circuitboards, aligning the crystal chamber and setting the laser board. He lost all track of time, and all of the scenes blended into one. Jake closed his eyes.....

And it was done! Before him sat a work of art, a sign of absolute perfection, silver and smooth. It was sleek and void of any impurities, as opposed to it's counterpart. Now the moment of truth. Jake hit the power button.....

And nothing happened! No pure white blade, no nothing. Jake would have to work at it again, fix it.....

Xazor Elessar
Aug 12th, 2002, 02:42:03 PM
Xazor smiled as she watched him work on the saber. He was teaching himself a lesson with each movement of his hand. When he pressed the button, nothing happened. She smiled gently and leaned foreward, placing a hand on top of his own.

"Miracles do not happen overnight.....and you must know.....nothing is perfect except for the Force. Time flows freely and runs all things together.....so take your time and try again. I know what's wrong.....the Force knows what's wrong.....now you must figure it out......"

The Knight spoke softly and gave his hand a comforting squeeze before sitting back to watch him repair the wrong path that had been taken during construction......

Jakob Burton
Aug 13th, 2002, 07:45:25 PM
Taking some comfort in Xazor's demeanor, Jake began to take apart the saber, in search for the problem. The time between when he began taking the saber back apart and when he actually found the problem was seamless, simply speeding by, minute after minute. The problem was simple: a single wire, one of the wires going to the laser system's generator, wasn't entirely attached to it. Jake simply sodered it back to the circuitboard, and began putting the saber back together. Five slow minutes past and Jake was done. He hit the button and the saber finally ignited in a pure white blade, humming and illuminating Jake's shadow around him, almost eliminating it. He had done it. After wiping the grips with a clean cloth, it was perfect, gleaming with purity. And the white blade only seemed to make it purer. A smile lit up Jake's face, and brighter than even the saber's light could make it.

Jake stood, and ignited the other saber, already attached to the belt clip. He could feel the slight tug of the gyroscopic effect caused by the blades' power, but it didn't even bother his muscles, either steadied by his own tenseness of the moment or by the Force. Still grinning, he held the blades down at his sides.

"Wow! And I built these! Cool!"

Xazor Elessar
Aug 23rd, 2002, 02:43:37 PM
Xazor grinned as she watched him fix the problem in the saber. It made her even happier to see his excitement when he finished them.

"Yes, indeed....and you built them well. I am proud of you Jakob. Now you must learn to use them. I will teach you the reversed grip style as my Father taught me...if you are willing to learn."

She said softly, waiting to hear what he wished to do...