PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast in Bed

AmazonBabe
Jul 29th, 2002, 05:35:44 PM
:: That's what AB kept thinking: How nice it would have been to have breakfast in bed. But in the Jedi Order, such amneties did not exist. Instead, she had woken early in the morning like she always did, and gone out to Yog's for her usual breakfast and warm cup of tea. ::

:: As she sat at the table she'd chosen near the window to catch the morning raise of the sun, hands wrapped around the warm mug, her eyesight became lost in the swirling steam as she thought of the night before. ::

:: It had been a wonderful night. A night of dancing, laughing, talking... just pure enjoyment. She'd have to thank the person who'd thought of having the Jedi Formal. It was such a wonderful idea, and it allowed her to get to know Jedi she didn't even know were at the Order. ::

:: As she continued thinking, her thoughts strayed to one in particular. Ever since she'd danced with Morgan Evanar, she hadn't been able to stop thinking about him. It was almost an odd feeling, and yet made her feel so at peace; perplexing at the same time it was wonderful. She sighed softly as a tiny, lopsided smile spread on her face as she remembered. ::

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 30th, 2002, 06:08:05 PM
Wei Wu Wei walked into the bar and grill. He was still very new and had not yet had time to go grocery shopping so he could eat at home. his only hope for sustenance was for Yog's to be open so he could eat. His stomach growled.

Wei gritted his teeth. "I know, quit grumbling," he said to his stomach.

He entered and collapsed into a booth.

"I'm so hungry!" he whined in a strained voice.

Morgan Evanar
Jul 30th, 2002, 09:05:24 PM
Half-asleep, Morgan stumbled into the Bar & Grill with all the grace of a drunk hutt. Today was one of those days: he would not speak to anyone until he had coffee.

While not a caffinee addict, it was just how some days were. Fortunately, it was Saturday. Sort of a half day. He took a sip of the pitch liquid, and realized he was barefoot. Shrugging, the Jedi Master began to head back to his room when he spotted Rie.

For once, Morgan realized he looked postively frumpled, but it was too late, she had already spotted him. He managed a bleary eyed wink before making his way to her table.

"G'morning Rie." Morgan said, his throat still a bit scratchy.

Ange Tot
Jul 30th, 2002, 09:10:31 PM
She yawned and poked at her bowl of root stew, it was too early to get drunk, and they did really have anything tasty on the morning menu when she heard Wei moan, or was it whine?

"I'm hungry!"

she got up from her seat at the counter and walked over to Wei, her green eyes all puffy from lack of sleep and dumped her bowl of stew on Wei's head.

"Mo~~~ring Wei, breakfast? *yawn*"

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 30th, 2002, 10:00:37 PM
Wei jumped up suddenly and flailed his arms.

"OW! WHAT IN THE WORLD?"

He spotted Ange with the empty bowl.

"WHAT DID YOU DO THAT FOR?"

The hot soup made his hair sticky and the soup burned as it travelled down his face and neck and under his shirt.

"Aww...my clothes! My grandmother made me this outift!"

All of Wei's clothes had been made by his grandmother, but that was besides the point. Wei was more upset than hurt.

Heaving a sigh, Wei headed out the door to go back to his room to shower and change his clothes.

Daanarri Raurrssaatta
Jul 30th, 2002, 10:42:36 PM
Daani crept into the Bar and Grill from the apartments upstairs, and worked her way around a few of the tables. Her tummy growled...what was she going to eat?

Saa and Cirr were gone...for now...and Taa was out on business... Daani pulled herself into a booth, and watched, and waited. Soon someone else would get food. Then she'd hunt.

AmazonBabe
Jul 31st, 2002, 11:40:49 AM
:: Slowly coming out of her thoughts, she spotted a familiar figure through the haze of steam rising from her mug of tea. Her eyes focused on Morgan as he shuffled towards her small table, and smiled at him. He looked possitively tired, and still had bed hair topping his cranium. It made him look boyish, making her smile even broader. ::

Good morning, Morgan. Sleep well?

:: She gestured towards a seat at the other side of the table, hoping he'd accept her invitation to sit, regardless of his frumpled appearance. ::

Morgan Evanar
Jul 31st, 2002, 01:49:06 PM
"Aye." he said somewhat sheepishly, and slid into the seat across from Rie.

"Theres some parts of me who are still sleeping." Morgan tapped his temple.

"This part, especially. I'm very glad its Saturday. I intend to use that thing as little as possible." he gulped down some more coffee, and sighed, slowly becoming more cognat as the warm liquid slid down his stomach.

"Up to anything?"

AmazonBabe
Jul 31st, 2002, 01:54:18 PM
:: She shook her head slightly. ::

Not really. Just here, drinking my tea...

:: She looked down realizing she hadn't really touched much of the tea. ::

Er, well, more thinking than drinking, I suppose.

:: She looked back at Morgan. ::

I plan on making a walk through the gardens later after breakfast to see if anything needs tending too. It's what I usually do in the mornings. Everything lightly coated with a film of mist. Everything fresh and clean. Newly budding flowers.

:: She broke herself from her thoughts, catching Morgan's eye as he watched her. ::

Sorry. I was blabbing. I tend to do that in the mornings. Seems my brain is still trying to catch up to the fact my body's awake.

:: She laughed lightly. ::

Ange Tot
Jul 31st, 2002, 06:12:14 PM
She yawned again, and what Wei shouted barely registered through her sleep-haze.

"I'm...Sorry? *yawn*"

She looked at her empty bowl then at the leaving Wei and frowned, she grinned.

"A shower? Hey Wei, I'm sorry! I'll pay to get it cleaned!"

she ran out of the bar after Wei, hoping to catch him before he got to his room.

Morgan Evanar
Jul 31st, 2002, 08:24:10 PM
Morgan smiled and sipped the little bit of liquid left in the mug.

"If you don't mind, I'd like to go with you. Wet grass feels good 'neath bare feet."

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 31st, 2002, 09:22:40 PM
Wei's neck was still burning as he walked down the street at a good clip.

"Yes, Ange?" Wei turned to give her a sort of sad look.

He really wanted to go home and shower. His hair was bothering him.

"Look, if you really want to make things better, just tell me you are sorry. Apologies are all that I really ever ask for. That and I am sort of without things to do today. Well, except go grocery shopping. Care to join me after I get cleaned up?"

Daanarri Raurrssaatta
Aug 1st, 2002, 01:05:50 AM
Daani watched the two people leave the bar..one had wasted a bowl of stew or something on the male's head. Maybe it was a bizzare hyuu-mann mating ritual...

The cubling crept up to the seat the male had been sitting in, and found some chunks of the stew on the table. She hurriedly gobbled them up, and in doing so overheard the older pair talking about a walk.

Her ears perked up.

Ange Tot
Aug 1st, 2002, 12:02:45 PM
"I'm sorry. I really am, I'm just not a morning person! Gomen!"

She semi-bowed to Wei and gave him a puppy dog-eyed look.

"It would be an honour to join you on your trip to the grocery store Wei. Of course after you get a shower and changed."

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 1st, 2002, 12:07:15 PM
"No problem, Ange-chan." Wei said, returning her bow. "Let's go back to the livoing quarters so I can get cleaned up.

AmazonBabe
Aug 1st, 2002, 04:40:23 PM
:: AB finished off her tea, which had grown cool, and smiled at him. ::

I'd like that very much.

:: She stood, gesturing towards the door. ::

The grass isn't going to be moist for much longer...

Morgan Evanar
Aug 1st, 2002, 05:58:10 PM
The grass was cool and wet, and they wandered through the well-kept garden slowly, with a silent reverence.

Somehow, they ended up holding hands. It felt right, somehow but neither noticed. The pair eventually stopped beneath a large oak, and watched the remaining morning mist burn off.

He laughed.

"Rie, we're holding hands."

AmazonBabe
Aug 1st, 2002, 06:10:19 PM
:: They'd left the bar together, heading to the garden and walking through it. AB would occassionally tend to a flower, or broken twig, but today she was preoccupied. ::

:: Stopping under the oak, she looked down at their intwined fingers laughing lightly, feeling her ears growing warm once again like they had the night before. ::

Yeah. Yeah, it does look like we're holding hands, doesn't it.

:: She looked up at him, letting her eyes rest on his softly. Even though what she was feeling perplexed her, she couldn't deny it. ::

So... if we're holding hands...

:: She stepped closer to him, letting her free hand rest on his chest, feeling his heart racing underneath. ::

...what do you suppose that means?

Morgan Evanar
Aug 1st, 2002, 09:16:19 PM
Morgan was having trouble thinking clearly. He smiled, and lifted thier entertwined hands to his lips, delicately kissing hers.

"I think," he began slowly, "that either someone has slipped something in our drinks..." the Jedi Masters locked eyes, and his dialated and shifted, resembling a cat's "... or we found a surprise at the dance." Morgan's breathing slowed, but his heart raced on. He was entranced; one could have set off a bomb, and he would not have taken immediate notice.

Daanarri Raurrssaatta
Aug 1st, 2002, 10:57:25 PM
Daani had snuck along behind the couple, her insatiable curiousity getting the best of her hunger. Besides, there was always something to eat in the garden.

She peeked around a tree trunk, her tail tucked in close to her body, and watched the enormously tall male and the red headed female talk. Her tummy growled, and she quickly hid completely behind the tree again, holding her stomach to try and stifle the noises coming from within.

AmazonBabe
Aug 2nd, 2002, 12:02:24 AM
:: She hadn't realized she'd been holding her breath until Morgan kissed her fingers lightly. The heat in her ears had noticably crept into her cheeks, and as their eyes locked, she was sure her knees would give way under her. Time seemed to slow down and everything around her became silent, yet brightly colored. ::

:: They stood like that for what seemed like an eternity, lost in each others gaze. After some time, she found her voice again, resting her head against his shoulder, letting her forehead nuzzle against his neck. ::

I think... I think we did indeed find a surprise.

:: She spoke in a whisper, closing her eyes, and feeling the rythm of his heart beating in his chest beneath her hand. She could have stayed like that forever, never having felt so at peace before. It was almost an overwhelming feeling. ::

:: Silence reigned as niether one spoke. It was during this time when her senses were heightened that she heard the russle of leaves and a muffled rumble. Her eyes lazily opened as her head lifted off his shoulder slightly to look in the direction of the sound. ::

Morgan Evanar
Aug 2nd, 2002, 02:16:37 PM
Morgan nuzzled the beatiful redhead, and sighed.

The Jedi Master felt a sort of Zen, a balance. Peace. It was strong and steady, but bright, like the oak they stood under.

"Seems we have a little Cizerack visitor." Morgan said, eyes still closed. "Sounds like she's hungry too." Nonetheless, they both stayed still for another minute. He inhaled deeply, savoring the sweet scent of Rie's hair. They seperated, still holding hands, and began to walk over.

"Hello there, lass." he said warmly.

Daanarri Raurrssaatta
Aug 3rd, 2002, 12:31:30 AM
Daani gasped...they were talking to her! She cautiously poked her head around the tree again. "jI'm sssorrrrrrjy! jI wasss jussst...errrrm...jI mean..."

She stuttered, and blushed, and hung her head. Then she looked up, "jIsss he jyourrr manssserrrvant now?" Daani was insanely curious about the Cizerack manservant relationship, and wasn't quite old enough, even by Ciz standards, to have it all explained to her. Once she figured out what a manservant really was, she was going to get one herself.

Her tummy growled again, and she grinned apologetically.

AmazonBabe
Aug 5th, 2002, 05:10:10 PM
:: AB smiled as the Cizerack girl stepped from behind the tree. She knelt down, still beside Morgan, and reached out gently towards the girl, removing a few leaves from the girl's tousled curls. ::

Um, no, he's not my manservant.

:: She looked up at Morgan. ::

He's a very good friend.

:: And possibly even more, she thought to herself. She looked back to the young Cizerack as the girl's stomache growled again, this time loud and long. AB's smile widened. ::

Sounds to me like you could use a table-full of breakfast.

Morgan Evanar
Aug 5th, 2002, 05:36:57 PM
Morgan laughed.

"Little one, the females of most species don't have manservants. Thats primarily a Cizerack custom. Humans, especially, try and keep both sexes on equal footing. Although one of my older uncles would argue that he was indeed a manservant. You'll learn more when you are older." he said with a wink.

He looked down at his own stomach, and decided a meal wasn't out of order.

"It seems that two out of three stomachs agree that it is time to study the menu. Motion carries." The Jedi Master offered a very large hand to the young Cizerack. "Whats your name, lass?"

Daanarri Raurrssaatta
Aug 6th, 2002, 07:32:22 PM
Daani's already wide eyes widened more as the man put his hand out towards her. She hesitated, then put her much smaller hand in his. "jI'm Daanji...jI mean, Daanarrrrrrji."

She looked down and scuffed her toe in the dirt, "But everrrjyone callsss me Daanji." Daani clutched her tummy as it rumbled again, and gasped, "jI'm ssso hungrrrjy, mjy ssstomach thjinksss mjy thrrroatsss been cut!"

The Cizerack cubling tugged on the man's hand, getting him to start walking back towards Yog's. "Whatsss jyourrr name?"

AmazonBabe
Aug 6th, 2002, 11:06:04 PM
:: AB stood from her crouched position as the young Cizerack began to tug Morgan in the direction of Yog's. She fell into step on the other side of the Jedi Master, gestured towards Morgan and herself, answering the girl's question with a smile. ::

This is Morgan and I'm Rie. Nice to meet you Daani.

Morgan Evanar
Aug 7th, 2002, 12:11:48 PM
He let himself be "dragged" all the way to a booth back inside Yog's. He sat across from Rie, and the little Cizerack took a seat next to him.

"So, little Daanarrrrrji," he said with a perfect Cizerack roll, "what would you like to eat?"

Morgan's gaze, though, fell back into Rie's. He smiled, and relaxed into the booth.

"Would you like something, Rie?"

AmazonBabe
Aug 7th, 2002, 04:19:31 PM
:: It seemed everytime he looked at her, she could feel her cheeks getting warm. She sat there a moment, just looking at him before she broke out of her hypnotized state. ::

I'm still full from my breakfast this morning, but I will have a cup of tea. My last one got cold before I could outright finish it.

:: She smiled at him, letting her eyes rest on his for a moment longer before looking at the young Cizerack, who was now contimplating on what she would have for breakfast. ::

Daanarri Raurrssaatta
Aug 8th, 2002, 01:54:45 AM
Daani drummed her fingers on the table, and studied the male sitting next to her, as he, in turn, studied the red-headed Rie. Morrrgan. It was an interesting name...in fact, she decided she liked it very much.

"jI'd ljike sssome sssajoji wjith krrraal sauce." She announced, and then turned to Morgan, almost as an aside, "Thejy'rrre verrrjy good forrr brrreakfassst."

Rie looked a little off put by her order, and Daani scrunched up her face in thought. "And toassst. jI'd ljike toassst." She smiled up at Morgan. "Pleassse?"

Morgan Evanar
Aug 8th, 2002, 09:31:31 PM
Morgan looked down at Dannarri, smiling.

"Of course." He then wistled and warbled, droid like. A half minute later, a serving driod rolled up.

"What would you like, gentlebeings?" It said in a pleasant, if noticbly modulated tone.

"A large order of sajoji with kraal sauce, which I believe is Cizerack. Four slices of toast, two garlic bagles with cream cheese and chives, and two eggs, over-easy. And one cup of hot tea for the lovely lady seated across from me." Morgan hoped they had "sajoji." He had no idea what it was. But the Bar & Grill purposely went out of its way to carry many unusual, regional dishes, and Cizerack ones usually came by more easily, since there were trade relations with the New Republic.

Rie and Morgan's hands found each other again.

Rie, I think I like you. A lot. Morgan felt vaugely stupid after he said that through the force. The statement was so inadaquate, and the Jedi Master blushed.

AmazonBabe
Aug 8th, 2002, 11:14:44 PM
:: His voice in her head didn't seem to startle her. It almost seemed natural to have him speaking to her in that form. It was quite comforting in fact, so much so that she opened herself to him. She squeezed his hand, smiling from ear to ear, her green eyes fixed on him. ::

Then it seems we have something in common as I feel the same way about you.

:: Her voice was a light whisper in the Force, almost like a soft breeze passing through his thoughts. So intent was she at drinking in his gaze that she plum forgot about the Cizerack girl seated at the table, watching them both with wide, curious eyes. ::

Daanarri Raurrssaatta
Aug 10th, 2002, 12:33:37 AM
Daani looked at the two hyu-manns, and thought that they reminded her of Saa and Sanis...before Sanis was bad, that is. She frowned a little at that thought, but then brightened as the serving droid wheeled up with the sajoi.

The glass bowl was pushed in front of her, filled with squirming white mice. The bowl had a lip on the inside, keeping the creatures from crawling out all over the table. Daani reached in and pulled one out from the others by a hindleg and the tail, giggling as it squeaked.

She plopped it into the dish of kraal, and rolled it around a little before sticking it into her mouth. The tiny bones crunched as she chewed, and then she grinned, mouth still full of half eaten sajoi. "jItsss good! Want sssome?" Daani pushed the bowl closer to Morgan, and swallowed her mouthful.

Morgan Evanar
Aug 10th, 2002, 03:45:38 PM
Morgan and Rie sat enraptured. He smiled a smidge wider, and gently squeezed her hand for a moment. Everything was disoriented, but it felt so right.

He looked down at Daani, and shook his head.

"I'm of a more omnivorus bend, but thank you." He slid the bowl back twoards Daani a few inches. Except for the giggling, she more focused on the food than her surroundings.

Daanarri Raurrssaatta
Aug 10th, 2002, 11:28:31 PM
Daani munched on a few more mice, and looked out the window next to her side of the booth. This Morgan was not the red headed forrrda's manservant. Perhaps he'd be hers!

She turned her head back around, and studied him. Taa would call him well built, and would probably try to sit on his lap or something. Daani didn't know about that, but he was handsome.

More than Sanis, at least. She giggled again, and busied herself with her bowl when the adults looked down at her.

AmazonBabe
Aug 12th, 2002, 04:28:12 PM
:: AB remained holding Morgans hand, looking at the Cizerack imp as she offered the jedi across from her some of the sajoi. She had to stiffle a laugh at his remark. ::

:: The little girls shrugged and then plucked another sajoi, holing it by the tail and extending her pudgy hand towards her with a questioning look. ::

Oh, no thank you Daani. I like my snacks less... fiesty.

:: She watched the mouse fold itself in half, grabbing it's tail and then the little girls fingers. Daani squeeled and popped the whole morsal in her mouth, licking the finger the mouse had latched onto. ::

:: AB raised her eyebrows and sipped her tea, thankfull she wasn't hungry. ::

:: Setting the cup down, she looked back at Morgan. ::

So, what's on the agenda today?

:: She then looked at him again, with a wry smile. ::

Besides enjoying the day in one's lounge clothes and ruffled hair?

:: She couldn't help but reach up and tossle it some more. She was just too happy for words. ::

Daanarri Raurrssaatta
Aug 13th, 2002, 12:25:14 AM
Daani chewed thoughtfully...or at least she had a thoughtful look on her face. She wasn't thinking about anything, just zoning on the window.

A sajoi crawled over her hand and onto the table, making its way for the edge..and freedom! Daani squeaked and lunged for it, sticking one hand on the table for leverage. Unfortunately, she stuck it right on the edge of Morgan's plate.

Fortunately, he'd already eated most of his meal. Unfortunately, that didn't stop the leftovers from splattering up onto the cubling.

And she didn't even catch the mouse.

Morgan Evanar
Aug 14th, 2002, 01:20:47 PM
Daanarri managed to get the remainder of an egg all over herself, and the bagle pasted her squarely in the chest. She looked an awful lot like a wet cat, her ears drooped, and a frown on her face. The plate itself was saved by Morgan's quick reflexes, and he set it down gently. He quickly gathered the napkins present on the table and handed them to Daanari.

"Why don't you go get yourself cleaned up? I don't think yolk is your color. " He gave the cubbling a pat on the back as she made her way out of the booth.

"Cute kid, but I can't fathom why she's wandering around here alone. Guess thats not to much of a worry for a Cizerack on Carhoolis. Anyway, I was going to sit around in my underware and get drunk." The look on Rie's face was priceless, and they ended up laughing.

"Actually, I was going to find some of this planet that isn't sprawling metropolis, like Ritarna Falls, and have a quiet day in the woods. Maybe go tubing on the Ritarna. Maybe with a picnic lunch for two?"

AmazonBabe
Aug 19th, 2002, 09:20:01 PM
:: Sit around in underwear? Get drunk?? AB's expression was indeed priceless and it was a shame there were no holovid cams about to catch it. But she had a feeling the image was burned into Morgan's mind. ::

:: She watched the cubling vanish into the fresher, mummbling something about not catching the mouse that got away, and then looked back at the man seated across from her. ::

I think a quiet day and picnic would be wonderful.

:: She smiled broadly at Morgan. ::

I could use some quiet time...

:: She locked eyes with Morgan again. ::

...and being in your company would make the day even more wonderful.

Morgan Evanar
Aug 20th, 2002, 10:30:00 PM
He simply smiled until his mind caught up.

"Great! Can you be ready in say... an hour?" Rie nodded, and Morgan got up to leave, but gave her a quick kiss on the cheek. With another gentle squeeze of hands and a flash of a smile, he left walking on air. The Jedi Master had to stop himself from running to his room.

After a quick shower, he threw on some khakis and a black t-shirt, and tossed a swimsuit into a day bag.

A soft sided cooler was mostly filled with lunch for him. Or for two regular people. Morgan decided to ask Rie what she wanted before he left.

Elapsed time... 22 minutes. He blinked at his wrist chrono and sort of frowned.

Somehow, he would pass the time.

AmazonBabe
Aug 21st, 2002, 03:29:11 PM
:: AB sat there, looking straight ahead, slightly taken aback at Morgan's kiss o her cheek. It was odd, as she had been expecting it, and yet it surprised her... in a very good way. ::

:: Looking back down at the table, she saw her tea sitting there and finished it. Then standing, she made her way back to the Jedi Sanctum through the garden. Her mind was at peace and a smile lit her face as she made her way into her room. to get ready for their picnic (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22031). ::