PDA

View Full Version : Abusing the PMs

Shawn
Jul 29th, 2002, 10:30:30 AM
Hi. It's that time again. No, no... Mr. Rogers isn't going to ask you to be his neighbor. I'm pretty sure they took him off the air. It's time for an Admin Note.

A couple people have informed me that they're recieving spam via the Private Messaging system of this board. One of the members is PMing everyone with a link to his board. While we at SWFans do not object to you advertising your board, we ask that you keep it restricted to a link in your signature. Mass PMing is not a proper venue for this activity.

Thank you,
The Staff.

Darth Viscera
Jul 29th, 2002, 01:13:24 PM
Yeah, i received one too.

And btw, that white guy in your sig...I think he ate some bad chinese food, like Rusty Nail lo mein or something O.O

Anbira Hicchoru
Jul 29th, 2002, 01:21:27 PM
Damn, and I thought I was just special for getting that! :cry

But in all seriousness...no spam in the PM, please. If you've got to make a plug to folks, do it in your siggie :) If we all get our PM boxes clogged with spam, we'll all be grumpy :mad

Alpha
Jul 29th, 2002, 01:37:41 PM
Or in some cases grumpier then usual.

imported_Lance Stormrider
Jul 29th, 2002, 07:57:14 PM
:lol Right.

Jux Ta
Jul 29th, 2002, 11:41:15 PM
Speaking of junk, I got 240 spam junk e-mail things two days ago, all exactly the same message and sender. I hate junk e-mail in ways that words cannot express. Really. It burns me up. The idiots don't even use return e-mail addresses that are real. And danged if I want to waste my time trying to block them all (which I can't, without blocking some automated e-mail that I don't want to) or click the removal links on each one.

Alpha
Jul 30th, 2002, 06:52:53 AM
I sometime sget junkmail when they use MY OWN email addy...that really pisses me off...

Xazor Elessar
Jul 30th, 2002, 09:54:15 AM
Awww....I too thought I was special for getting that...now I'm gonna go delete it! :lol

:cry I'll never be special! ;)

Alpha-you get those too?? I get them all the time, using my own email addy....evil evil email.... >D

*HUGGLES SHAWN!!!* hehehehe