PDA

View Full Version : What is a Dark Jedi?

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 29th, 2002, 10:24:31 AM
OK, I'm in this thread and the person is like, "I'm a Dark Jedi, not a Sith."

Ok, what id the difference between Dark Jedi and Sith, becuase I obviously can't tell the difference.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jul 29th, 2002, 12:19:54 PM
Allow me to explain.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 29th, 2002, 12:21:49 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Dark Jedi use the Dark side (we do not pretend to use the Light at all, unlike some so-called "Shadow Jedi") to bring the universe into order from chaos.

Unlike Sith, who use their power for personal gain and power only, the Dark Jedi see themselves as the saviors of the galaxy, and they will stop at nothing to bring others into line behind them. And we're all a little mentally unbalanced. But then, who isn't?

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jul 29th, 2002, 12:22:15 PM
Dark Jedi are users of the dark side of the Force, but do not follow the ancient teachings of the Sith. They want to bring order to the Galaxy, but by any means nessecary.

Zeke
Jul 29th, 2002, 12:30:52 PM
That explains why Vega's destroying a small village of innocents.

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 29th, 2002, 03:42:56 PM
So desu ka. (Japanese for "is that so?")

Well, then. Hey, Vega, Umm maybe next time you post to my thread, you should maybe explain yourself? I don;t know why you did all those things in the thread. Like poisoning the water.

Xazor Elessar
Jul 29th, 2002, 04:12:59 PM
Vega is a cool dude....trust me, if he does something, it's for a reason. :)

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 29th, 2002, 04:15:46 PM
I still want to know what the reason is.

Zeke
Jul 29th, 2002, 06:21:51 PM
Seriously. So far, our characters have called him Sith BECAUSE he acts as a Sith. As far as we know he's just trying to be cool or something by killing lots of people.

imported_Lance Stormrider
Jul 29th, 2002, 08:02:37 PM
I don't think so Zeke.

Zeke
Jul 29th, 2002, 08:04:15 PM
Then what DO you think? Let's get some opinions here.

Loki Ahmrah
Jul 29th, 2002, 09:01:30 PM
If Vega's character wants to that, he is entitled to. From what little I know of Vega; he is a very independent individual not to mention somewhat decadent. Simply put, Vega is a Dark-Sider who simply wants to watch people suffer in this particular roleplay, the character may have other motives but I'm quite sure it has little to do with being cool.

Zeke
Jul 29th, 2002, 09:08:49 PM
If you say so. Here's the way I understand it so far: A Dark Jedi is like a Sith with a Jedi's intentions. They go around killing people without reason for their own amusement and to "bring order to the universe".

Chase Starwalker
Jul 29th, 2002, 10:42:42 PM
It's simple.

Dark Jedi = Dorks. :D (j/k Vega, calm down!!)

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jul 29th, 2002, 10:53:31 PM
I think you all should try calming down.

Zeke
Jul 29th, 2002, 10:56:28 PM
Just trying to differentiate between two things that are ALMOST alike, but not quite. Having difficulty because they're too alike. All is calm in my house.

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 29th, 2002, 11:33:28 PM
Sith are Dark Jedi - you could well call anyone who uses the Dark Side Dark Jedi. Where the Sith and Dark Jedi differ is that the Sith use an anicent religion and rules as a way of expressing their power. The Sith have particular teachings and are quite focused in their religion, which it is.

A Dark Jedi is not contrained by this. They grab power by any and all mena, even if it means they are self destructive. The Dark Jedi have no rules on what they do.

Now, I would also regard a Dark Jedi to be mentally unbalanced normally as well. I see that most who are consumed by evil become unhinged the more powerful they get and just dont do things that would be logical or sane. If Vega is killing innocents and such, then that is fairly typical for him. He's wantonly destructive and senselessly evil. Quite dark Jedi :)

Zeke
Jul 29th, 2002, 11:40:46 PM
And Marcus pegs it! Thanks for the info. That cleared it up nicely.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 30th, 2002, 02:44:00 AM
If you hadn't already noticed as well, I'm trying to get you to do what a Jedi should be doing - which many of you are failing at.

Maia could quite easily hold Vega off for a lengthy period of time, I imagine, whilst the others deal with the village - which is still burning down, as far as I know :x

As far as we know he's just trying to be cool or something by killing lots of people

Also, far from it. If I had wanted to look cool I wouldn't have messed about with Wei at the start, I would have just sent Vega into a highly populated area and broke down a damn and flooded it or something. This is a tiny village we're fighting in here, with probably less than a hundred population total - I'm testing your ethics.

Or as Jubei mentioned to me in an IM, seeing whether you choose virtue over glory.

Zeke
Jul 30th, 2002, 08:54:28 AM
Well, Lion just dealt with the fire (so far as I know)and besides, even if we do stop the fires and such, you guys'll just start them back again. And Maia's only one person: even if she kept you busy, there's Silverback and Hobgoblin to deal with.

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 30th, 2002, 12:22:38 PM
Well well. What started as a simple thread that was supposed to be about going swimming and stuff turns into a battle and branches off into a debate. I'm impressed.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 30th, 2002, 01:16:03 PM
:D Certainly is interesting.

Especially now with the entrance of Anbira and Wenom :evil

Zeke
Jul 30th, 2002, 01:36:38 PM
I hear ya.

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 30th, 2002, 05:00:09 PM
To think all that I had wanted to do in that thread was to go swimming with my friends. I forgot that people with bad intentions post on that forum too. Lol

Gosh that's so embarassing.