PDA

View Full Version : Seeking the Truth

Salemn Lysce
Jul 29th, 2002, 12:26:46 AM
She took a deep breath as she sat down in the pilot's seat, glancing at the control panel. It was her first time piloting and her stomach laid twisted in knots. It didn't seem too hard, infact, it was simple. But still ...

She began to do a systems check before liftoff, and watched as the panels flashed several readings before her. After making sure everything was in check, she pounded in the co-ordinates from the data pad Navaria had given her. Now all she had to do was sit back and "relax" as she put it on auto-pilot.

---

After she had landed, Salemn pulled down a clutch and the ramp folded out. She walked down it and the ramp closed behind her, the ship automatically locking up. Glancing around her new surroundings, the Padawan noticed several buildings. She remembered Navaria telling her that they built frame work and electronic equipment for the New Republic's ships. In the distance, she could see the sparkling, blue waters of the ocean. The planet looked relaxing and inviting, but there was something amiss. Such as why they hadn't contacted the Jedi.

Shoving her hands in her pockets, she began to walk around, senses alert. To the average eye, she looked like any other person, wearing a trenchcoat only to conceal the lightsabre that was clipped to her belt. Only those who were experienced with the Force could tell that she was a Jedi by her aura. As she continued to walk down the street, she noticed that there was no one in sight. A frown formed on her face. How could she possibly find Jenish Kitarl now ?

Mara Jade
Jul 29th, 2002, 06:05:18 PM
The Jedi hadn't come off the landing pad area just yet. The town was straight up ahead from the directions on the data-pad.

No one in sight. Not even any family owned critters were around. But the sound of blaster fire caught Salemn's attention immediately. It was very close by. Seemingly coming closer by the sound of each blast that echoed through the empty streets. Truly it gave the town an even more ghost like presence ......

Mara dove around the side of the building as fire blaster bolts hailed down where she once stood. Her breathing was labored from running five blocks towards the docks. She rather have run towards her ship well outside the city limits but no. Bounty Hunters galore had sprung up and chased her this way.

She wondered if they knew where her ship was.

Senses picked up someone trying to sneak around the corner, closer then the life forces further back. Mara could hear their fast footfalls.

With a knife hand chop, the hilt of her blaster pistol helping, the Bounty Hunter that was trying to be sneaky found himself gurgling on his own blood. The impact cracked the bones in his throat. To bad he wouldn't learn from his mistake of leaving such a vital area exposed.

Jade took off again to put distance between her and the rest of the three pursuers, hoping to find more cover.

By the looks of this part of the city, there was nothing but a wide barren street and homes.

Salemn Lysce
Jul 30th, 2002, 09:55:48 PM
She heard the sounds of gunfire and instantly changed her pace into a run. Somebody was out here in this "ghost town", but they were being fired out. Curses, she thought. Does this landing pad ever end ? Finally, she reached the town and was closer to the 'fighting'. Instinctively she put her back against one of the building's walls and peered around the corner, only to see a redheaded woman running for her life. Salemn's brow furrowed slightly as several thoughts raced through her head. Why was she being fired at ? And who was shooting ?

Salemn then saw one of the woman's pursuers come out into the street and aim for the redhead. Without thinking, she leapt out and tackled the stranger, taking the hit. The laser had grazed her left arm and it stung like hell. Gritting her teeth, she reached down for her lightsabre and unclipped it, her thumb pressing the ignition button. A white beam spurt forth as she jumped to her feet, beginning to deflect the laser beams. The Force was guiding her, or else she'd be ... Well, dead.

She hoped that the woman would have enough sense to take advantage of this situation and run to safety.

Mara Jade
Jul 31st, 2002, 07:27:42 PM
It was time for fire to reign down upon Mara. There was no way to be subtle about this anymore. Things had to be settled.

Jade was reaching for her sabre when something, or actually ... someone, tackled her from the side. She cursed through her teeth for not being able to sense the girl since her intent was to help no hurt apparently.

One thing Jade was known for and that was for her accurate danger sense. Now she felt like an amateur sprawled out on the ground.

Then came the snap-hiss and Mara groaned.

"Frelling Jedi!"

She crawled to a standing position and leveled her blaster in the direction of the enemy. Mara was no Master of the Force but she could pick up on intentions and emotions quite well. These Bounty Hunters were quite surprised in seeing the Jedi and it provided Mara with the perfect distraction, while also using the Jedi as a shield.

"Don't move....."

Through innate ability that surpassed being 'normal' and the fact the Force was something Mara could lean on, she let herself take aim and opened fired on her assailants.

Red colored blaster bolts ripped through the air, never hitting the Jedi's sabre accidentally.

One dropped hard with a shot to the face. It wasn't pretty. The other got riddled with three bolts to the pelvis, torso and shoulder. Armor can only stand so much. Now the last one. He actually realized what was going on and tried to run out of the line of fire.

In his haste, it was easy for Jade to finish him off neatly with a well placed shot to his back.

It happened all so fast. The Jedi parrying the blaster fire and Mara retaliating at the same time to cause the death of three beings.

Her gun was still smoking as Jade started to sweep the area, saying nothing.

Salemn Lysce
Aug 2nd, 2002, 12:28:57 AM
The woman had neatly finished off the three men while Salemn was 'used' as a distraction. To her, it was apparant that her company wasn't welcome, but then again, it was the impression she got. As the redhead remained silent and no more men came out, she turned off her lightsabre and clipped it back onto her belt, watching the stranger with brown eyes.

She could sense no one else coming, but her muscles still remained tense.

< What happened ...? >

The mute asked her through the Force.

Mara Jade
Aug 4th, 2002, 12:48:50 PM
Mara whirled her head around and glared at the Jedi. Her mind was the last personal concrete possession she had and anyone invading it was an insult to her. It took all her will to not open fire on the Jedi.

Jade also trusted her instincts and they told her the Jedi wasn't trying to invade her privacy in speaking into her mind. Perhaps it was the only way to speak?

As quickly as her mind was spinning on trying to understand it, she relaxed. Their current situation was far more important.

"Not here. We need to get back to my ship..." Jade paused. The Jedi had to come from someplace nearby. There was no other way to explain her presence. The 'Jade's Fire' was on the other side of the city and would take too long to get there. "You have a ship. Must be closer then mine. I'll explain there."

She lowered her blaster but still was wary. So far, no one else was coming but that would change as soon as the Bounty Hunters didn't check in.

Salemn Lysce
Aug 4th, 2002, 10:50:31 PM
< Yes, it's over this way .. >

She turned and began to lead the way to her ship quickly, sensing that the redhead was following. It took several minutes until the two reached her ship which read, "Missing Perspective". Reaching into her pocket, Salemn took out a datapad and dialed something in it, unlocking the ship.

The ramp began to lower to reveal the entrance, and she stole a glance at the woman. She seemed alright, having received no damage from the men who were chasing her.

Placing it back into her pocket, they both began to walk up the ramp and it closed behind them. Salemn turned so she was facing the woman and clasped her hands behind her back, waiting for a response.

Mara Jade
Aug 5th, 2002, 09:25:05 AM
Jade crossed her arms, leaned on the hull of the ship and went straight to the point.

"I'm here trying to figure out why some Bounty Hunters were trying to take me out on Arcan. Little did I know when I landed there; some crooked New Republic Officer was trying to frame me so some illegal dealings could go down undetected. Those that also wanted to frame me also wanted me dead."

She shrugged.

"Nice distraction that would make so those could make a clean get-a-way.

One of your Jedi, Eldrak was his name I believe, helped me out. I was able to do some backtracking and found myself here."

Her eyes narrowed as Jade studied the mute Jedi.

"So why are you here?"

Salemn Lysce
Aug 5th, 2002, 11:26:03 PM
She listened carefully as the woman as she explained herself, absorbing this all very quickly. Something seemed to make a connection here .. Could the illegal dealings be held here?

< I was sent here to embark on a mission assigned by the Council ... Do you know somebody by the name of Jenish Kitarl? >

The question seemed to come out from nowhere, and quickly she added:

< I apologize, here I am asking questions when I haven't even introduced myself. I am Salemn Lysce, and you are? >

Mara Jade
Aug 6th, 2002, 08:13:02 PM
"Jenish?"

Jade looked surprised that the girl knew of the man that was supposedly a leader in this town.

"Don't know him but I was coming to see him. Get some answers. Like you are apparently."

She relaxed a little when Salemn became flustered because of 'protocol'.

"Name's Jade."

One good thing about her name, she could always use her last name as a first one, and was all business again.

"I noticed the factories were still in use. Maybe you saw the smoke in the distance? I was on my way there when I got jumped in the middle of town.

That's when you came in. I think that's are best bet in finding out what happened here."

And to find out what these guys are smuggling that is so important to get through New Republic Space undetected...

Travis Dauna
Aug 9th, 2002, 08:57:16 PM
A tall blond man stood at the door of a large building....a factory, and not one of great build. He sighed to himself and wiped the sweat from his brow, wondering what this day would bring. Suddenly a smaller man.....not only in stature, but positing, approached him with a humble expression on his face.

"I....I'm sorry boss.....bu...bu...but another ship just landed at the hanger and I thought that you should kn...know...."

He winced after speaking the words in a shaky voice. The taller man growled audibly and raised his hand as if to hit the messengar...but then he retreated. Grabbing his rail gun from his back, he began to slowly run toward the hanger to find out what was going on.

"Damnit! Damn it all to frelling hell!"

He said out loud to himself. As he went along, he couldn't help but wonder if someone found out about the operations that were taking place here......he hoped not, it was his living......so he decided to do away with anyone that he caught, for he could not afford any more 'mistakes' in his career...

Salemn Lysce
Aug 10th, 2002, 04:21:43 PM
< Come to think of it, I did see some smoke ... >

Salemn began to nibble on her lower lip as she walked over to one of the windows built in the ship. Placing one hand on the glass, she peered out. There was still no sign of life, save the smoke in the far distance.

< We should devise a plan, then go outside .. I came here to seek the truth, and obviously you did, too. >

Mara Jade
Aug 12th, 2002, 06:56:44 PM
"Yeah you could say something like that."

Jade was trying to take down whoever it was that tried to frame her and then tried to blast her out of existence. She knew that whatever was going on here was as innocent as a Hutt keeping its word.

"I wasn't able to get a close look at the place but I do know it's roughly a kilometer out of town. It's big and there are four main plants. Two which are apparently being used."

She decided to get a better look and peered over Salemn's shoulder. Black smoke was billowing hight into the sky. Whatever was going on in there, those factories were really being pushed to produce something quickly.

"Since this is a small colony, I would think normal security issues won't be a problem. Got any concrete information on those plants?"

Salemn Lysce
Aug 13th, 2002, 07:37:20 PM
< All I know is that the factories produce electronic equipment for the New Republic's ships and framework. >

Turning away from the window, Salemn glanced at Jade before sighing slightly. She felt a little nauseated by this whole ordeal but brushed it off. After all, there were more important issues to worry about than an upset stomach.

< ... But if there's something illegal happening, I think that security would be tightened. >

Mara Jade
Aug 14th, 2002, 10:32:50 AM
"You're right."

Mara pulled out her heavy blaster and put in a new energy cell. If Salemn was paying attention, something shiny was peeking through Jade's green poncho. It almost looked like a sabre hilt...

"What you didn't know is there are lots of weapons running through here as well."

The cell was pushed into place and both women could hear the charge of the blaster whining higher until it halted.

"I came in through the North. Little did I know most of my friends were waiting there. How about you and I go NorthEest and come in that way. From behind. Splitting up most likely is a bad idea for now. When we arrive there, a perimeter search is necessary before we break our way in there."

Her green eyes narrowed at the Jedi.

"Unless you got a better idea."

Travis Dauna
Aug 14th, 2002, 11:36:58 AM
As he continued to run, a friend caught up to him with a worried look on his face.

"Sorry....Travis, but....the four guys you hired....to keep people out...well....someone took them out!"

Suddenly Travis stopped in his tracks and turned, panting as his friend was. A look of utter terror and disgust was on his face.

"What the hell?! Why weren't you down there to see who it was? That means that.....someones gonna pay for this! I'll loose my job if we don't catch these guys!"

With that, he took off running in the direction of the landing pad. He had put it all together...the people who got in....must have been the ones who took out the four guys he hired. As he came upon the pad...he stopped and charged his railgun...then pointed it in the direction of the foreign ship.

"Who the hell are you and what the f**k do you want?"

He called out, against his better judgement. Travis sure hoped that these people would not attack him....he hoped this for their sake....

Salemn Lysce
Aug 14th, 2002, 04:07:14 PM
She was about to answer Jade when suddenly a male voice reached her ears. Looking towards the window, Salemn saw a man pointing a gun towards her ship. She rolled her eyes slightly and wondered how she could have even heard him until she realized that the window was slightly ajar. Narrowing her eyes, she reached out and closed the window, then looked back towards Jade.

< It seemed like a good plan, but it seems that we have company ... >

Mara Jade
Aug 15th, 2002, 10:28:01 AM
"Frell."

Jade looked around at the ship and was formulating a plan. It didn't take too long.

"They don't know about my ship. No one found it, just me. Maybe we can use that."

Quickly she looked to Salemn.

"You got weapons on this thing?"

Salemn Lysce
Aug 17th, 2002, 10:26:24 PM
< No .. >

Salemn winced slightly as her hands clenched into fists. She hadn't expected to encounter something like this ... The ship had speed, oh yes, and definitely armor, but weapons ? No.

< I do, however, have some blasters and railguns with us. >

Mara Jade
Aug 18th, 2002, 05:14:59 PM
"Railguns?"

Her head was thrown back in a laugh.

"New Republic treats you Jedi real nice. All right."

Jade became serious once again. It was disconcerting how quickly her demeanor could change as quickly as a thought.

"Only one guy out there and he doesn't know there's two of us. How about you go out and 'greet' him? That will give me a chance to sneak out and take the guy down with minimal fuss."

Salemn Lysce
Aug 18th, 2002, 07:00:48 PM
She frowned.

< Jade ... You shouldn't just kill him. Let's give him a chance. If he blows it, then .. Well .... Do your business. >

The last part slightly frustrated her, as she didn't want to see anyone killed. This however, was the life of a Jedi. Turning away from the woman, she reached out to her right. Since the ship wasn't what you called "big", the piloting seat was roughly 10 inches away and it took no effort for her to grab the clutch. Pulling it down, the ramp opened and she let go, beginning to walk down it.

< Hail, stranger .. What brings you here ? >

Salemn continued to make her way towards him, despite the fact that he was pointing a gun towards her.

Travis Dauna
Aug 18th, 2002, 07:40:20 PM
Travis continued holding the gun in the direction of the ship when suddenly a.....girl.....appeared. She was a young one too. Paying it no mind, he stepped forward, holding the gun at her.

"You.....you bring me here. What do you want and why are you here?"

He continued inching forward until he was within a meter of Salemn, holding the gun toward her head. One wrong move and she would be a goner.....but for some reason, he had the feeling that it was a mutual thought.....

Salemn Lysce
Aug 19th, 2002, 10:15:32 PM
Smiling slightly despite the man's tone, Salemn canted her head to the side.

< I came here to have a talk with somebody. There is no need for ... violence. >

With that, she reached up and put her hand against the gun, pushing it away.

Travis Dauna
Aug 22nd, 2002, 03:13:55 PM
Travis did not like the little girl's ways.....and promptly brought the gun back to her head.

"You're nosey and you don't need to be here! Leave before you find a few bullets in your head!"

With that, he stepped forward and slammed the crosssection of the large gun into Salemn's chest. She fell backwards and he laughed to himself.

"Like I said......LEAVE!"

Salemn Lysce
Aug 22nd, 2002, 03:22:41 PM
Narrowing her blue eyes, the Padawan quickly caught her balance and kicked her heel up, knocking the gun out of the man's hand. Using the Force, she quickly called it to her hand and pointed it at him instead.

< You should learn some manners ... Now, can you tell me what those factories are producing ? >