PDA

View Full Version : Get those vocies out of my head!!

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 28th, 2002, 08:57:48 PM
http://www.msnbc.com/news/786016.asp

Opp,s sorry, that was my new speaker system..... Now how cool is this?

Gabran Darkysa
Jul 28th, 2002, 10:07:34 PM
That's wild... not sure if it is really beneficial for domestic applications, may even be detrimental or at least annoying... but is truly space age for military use!

Lord Gue
Jul 29th, 2002, 12:02:14 AM
Yes, or for the common prankster

hell, you could ruin someones life with that....

I hear dead people...

Gabran Darkysa
Jul 29th, 2002, 12:31:11 AM
Yes, there is something very hazardous and damaging about this technology... I certainly do not want it!

Darth Viscera
Jul 29th, 2002, 08:04:33 AM
Ah, Americans. We just keep on inventing! :)

That would be very nice, his gadget. I spent $450 on my current Inspire 5700 Dolby Digital 5.1 speakers + Audigy Platinum sound card, and the darn things have cabled up my room. Worse yet, it'll take me another $50 if I want to buy the right mounts to get optimal sonic field placement. This new device could be considerably less hassle, and no doubt the sound would be even better.

But I'm confused about this device. Wouldn't you need both a transmitter AND a receiver to transmit & pick up the audio? The problem, imho, seems to be the same thing that prevents me from constructing a lightsaber. The transmitter can't possibly stop the signal dead at position XYZ. An object in motion will continue to be in motion unless acted on by an outside force. In the case of an RL lightsaber, this could be rectified through the placement of something like a mirror where you want the laser to deflect, 3 feet from the hilt and the laser transmitter.

So where's the receiver? There has to be a unit at the receiving end, a signal discriminator, which decides to turn the transmitted sound into something audible, or a) nobody will hear anything, or b) everybody will hear everything.

Lord Gue
Jul 29th, 2002, 08:53:22 AM
I guess your head is enough to stop it from traveling...