PDA

View Full Version : Maximas - Training Session 2

Estelle Russard
Jul 28th, 2002, 05:39:33 PM
This time she was not late.

She was waiting patiently for her padawan to arrive.

The chrono moved in silence keeping time. It was a very calming thing to watch.

A table was set up, 3 items in place upon it, and Estelle stood behind the table.

Maximas would arrive any moment.

Maximas
Jul 31st, 2002, 06:35:44 AM
It didnt take long for the Padawan to arrive. He entered the room with a casual, slightly cocky looking strole. He was wearing a smart looking T-Shirt and a rather flash looking pair of jeans. His hair looked smart and had obviously been styled with some form of gel.

He made eye contact with his Master and made his way over to her. On his way he noticed three objects lying on a table which stood before his Master. He approached her and nodded as it was the 'done thing'.

'Master'

He said to her as a greeting.

Estelle Russard
Aug 1st, 2002, 10:01:15 PM
"Hello, Maximas."

Estelle smiled as he aproached. She noticed he was nicely groomed. Even though it had become a natural part of her discipline to mark details of people and places around her, Maximas would catch anyone's attention. She mused that he was a fine looking man, but kept such thoughts from him - he was arrogant enough by far, in her opinion.

She gestured with her hand to the objects on the table.

"Pick one"

Estelle proceded to take the lids off of each container and one by one she poured the contents of each onto the table's surface.

The contents of the first - sand

of the second - water

and of the third - air..or so Maximas would assume if he went judging by what he saw.

"Which do you choose?"

Maximas
Aug 2nd, 2002, 02:00:55 AM
Maximas took a look at the contents of each container as they were poured on the table. He had no idea what his Master was going to request of him at this stage. He looked at all three and made his decision.

'I think I'll go with the sand, please'

Estelle Russard
Aug 3rd, 2002, 11:50:02 PM
"Very well"

Estelle packed up the containers with silent efficiency, careful to take up the cloth that covered the table and wipe up any water that had not soaken up.

She moved towards the exit of the Academy, Maximas walking with her, curious.

She stopped and dropped the wet bundle into a reciptical and dusted her hands one against the other.

"Lets go."

Stepping from the training rooms, the two walked and hitched a ride to a small spaceport specifically located for members of the Order, where they boarded a small "skiff."

All this time, Maximas had not said much. As they stepped into the cockpit of the vessel, she looked at him expectantly.

"The co-ordinates for Tatooine are already programmed in the Nav-Com. You can fly her if you like, or we can get one of the cadets to come with us."

She continued her explaination as she checked over the little droid that would accompany them. "You chose sand. The deserts of Tatooine are where we shall conduct this training session."

Maximas
Aug 11th, 2002, 03:53:17 AM
Tatooine, it was a plannet that Max had chosen not to visit in the past. A plannet of desert and a haven for criminals. It was a rough plannet and almost a complete opposite from his home plannet.

As his master informed him that the sand represented Tatooine it made him wonder what the other choices would have been. He looked down at the controls of the small 'skiff'. It was a ship that was completly unfamiliar to him. He had only piloted small one man ships before.

'Ive never flown this type of ship before so to be honest I dont know what Im doing. Perhaps it would be wise to bring one of te cadets along, unless you can give me instructions?'

Estelle Russard
Aug 25th, 2002, 02:30:36 AM
Estelle smiled weakly. She hadnt had much experience in piloting herself. Oh, she'd picked up enough from her escapades with Aurelias Kazaar to have a working knowledge, but that was just for emergencies and when there was absolutely no other option.

"Im not much of a pilot myself, Maximas. We will bring a pilot with us, and he can instruct us both."

The pilot took his place, and methodically and expertly prepped the craft for flight. The little r2 unit blipped and squeaked and before long they were departing and leaving the space port behind them.

Both Master and Padawan watched carefully the preflight procedure and tucked away small details into their minds for later use.

Once on their way, Estelle settled back to make herself comfortable, her eyes drawn constantly to Maximas and he caught her twice looking directly at him, which she was annoyed at herself for.

Maximas
Aug 27th, 2002, 07:57:02 AM
Maximas was sat slightly slouched in his chair. He was paying close attention to how the pilot of their ship was flying. He was interested in ships but wasnt all that knowledgable about them.

He glanced out of the windows a few times to look at the stars pass by. Maximas enjoyed space travel, even if it was to Tatooine. As he sat in his chair he glanced over to Estelle and caught her looking directly at him. She seemed to look the other way quickly, as if she didnt want him to know she was looking at him. He turned back to look out of the windows again. He caught Estelle looking again almost in exactly the same way as last time. A smile spread across his face as again he turned to look out of the window.

Estelle Russard
Aug 28th, 2002, 09:22:03 PM
Laughing softly to herself, she knew she had been caught by the smile that Maximas wore when he turned back toward to the window.
This whole "Master-Padawan" thing was new to her, and she wanted to get to know Max better. She knew over time they would grow closer and become more familiar with each other - read each others looks and mannerisms and moods. She would have to be patient. And she would have to learn to observe him more discreetly. She should start by not staring.

The trip to their destination was uneventful and the time passed quickly. Estelle took the opportunity to focus on the force and exercise discipline of her mind. She had been very still for a long time, but all the while she was aware of her padawan and the pilot going over different flight and instrument checks, emergency drills such as attack evasion tactics and also going over the weapons arming and firing systems of the small craft.

In fact, the two were so engrossed in their tasks at hand that they were startled when the little r2 unit beeped and glipped, announcing that they drew near to Tattooine.

Estelle roused from her chair and walked towards a small refresher cubicle to splash her face with some cold water.

"Set the skiff down near the Ruins of Varlar in the desert plain of Kobi, if you would. We will be training there."

Maximas
Aug 29th, 2002, 09:11:23 AM
Max looked over to Estelle as she spoke then turned to look out of the window. Tattooine was a sparcly populated plannet and very hot. As the ship began its decent he wondered what sort of training they would be doing together.

So far, the trip had been an interesting one. Maximas had learnt a lot from the pilot about the ship they were in. He got the feeling he would learn a lot today.

Estelle Russard
Aug 30th, 2002, 08:42:42 PM
"Wait for us here, no matter how long we may be."

Picking up a small duffle bag after giving the pilot her instructions, Estelle led the way from the ship.

A wave of heat hit them full frontal and the glare of the sun off the sand was blinding. She lifted a hand to sheild her eyes.

"The ruins go for miles, Maximas, though there isnt a great deal left of them visible above ground. Some say they have never fully been explored even though many have attempted to map and excavate the site. As you can see."

Maximas
Sep 2nd, 2002, 08:46:44 AM
Tatooine. Now Max new for sure why he never chose to come to the pitaful place. It was very hot, too hot for the padawan really. He would have to addapt to the heat. The wind blew some sand into Maximas's eyes which only added to the insult of the plannet. He pulled out a rather flash looking pair of sun glasses and used them to stop the sand getting in his eyes as well as to help with the brightness of the sunlight.

The ruins didnt look like much but Estelle said that most of them arent visable above ground. The thought that people had tried to map and excavate the site added to the excitement of the trip but sent a little feeling of worry through the Jedi in training. He followed on as his Master led the way.

Estelle Russard
Sep 5th, 2002, 08:23:33 PM
She smiled as Maximas donned the sunglasses. They looked good., besides being functional.

She pulled her hood of her jedi robe down over her eyes to help shadow her face. It was hot in the woven garment - but better than being held hostage to the direct rays of the sun.

She could feel the heat, rising up through the sand. It was even in the air they inhaled - hot dry and harsh.

Carrying the small pack with her she began to walk. "This way, Max."

They had struggled through the burning sands for the better part of the morning when they finally stopped. The sun was almost directly overhead and its effects were being felt by both Teacher and Student. Everything looked a beige/white. All color had faded. Their ship was a long way behind them. If they could see it, it too would be a beige/white bump on the sand.

Estelle leaned against a broken stone pillar - it was even hotter than the sand it seemed and the heat penetrated through her clothing. She drew a flask from the small pack and handed it to Maximas to drink.

Maximas
Sep 6th, 2002, 03:43:01 AM
Maximas took the flask almost with relief and held it up against its brow. It wasnt really cold but it was worth a try. He unscrewed the top and took a couple of small swigs. Not too much so he could save some for later. He couldnt belive the heat. He felt very uncomfortable.

--Please, tell me its no much futher.--

He was feeling tired and his legs were begining to ache from walking in the sand. Sweat formed around his hairline. He looked back in the direction they had walked. The ship was now out of sight. All he could see was the heat rise on the desert horizon.

Estelle Russard
Sep 6th, 2002, 10:42:32 PM
She reached over and took the flask again, herself taking a deep drink. Then re-capping it, she placed it back into the pack.

Rumaging around a little more, Estelle then produced a what looked like slender cylinder from the bag and tossed it to Maximas. He caught it easily in midair and examined the lightsaber he now held in his hand.

"The journey is just beginning" she grinned.

She then took her own saber in hand and ignited it. The yellowgold of the energy beam dazzling after the blandness of the desert light.

"Ignite the blade, Max."

Maximas
Sep 9th, 2002, 04:29:25 AM
The saber thrown to him was very slick and smooth looking. Very different to those in the sparing rooms back at the academy. Those were worn, old and in some cases falling to bits. He admired the craftsmanship for a few moments before Estelle ignited her blade.

On instruction for Max to ignite his he held it in his right hand and held his right hand out to the side. A lush green blade came out with the common hum. He brought the blade infront of him and clasped it with both hands.

Estelle Russard
Sep 9th, 2002, 03:35:31 PM
"I understand that you would be no stranger to some form of combat and swordplay, given your background, so I will let you know that his training session will be difficult."

She held her ignited saber infront of her and a little to her left, the energy beam shooting straight up vertically toward the sky.

"I intend to try to hurt you Maximas, and you must fight me as you consider a Jedi should.."

She held his eyes, but he could not read any specific meaning in them.

"You must draw on your physical ability, all the while trying to find your focus with the force, to let it guide and help you."

Maximas nodded and moved his feet a little in the sand, securing his stance.

"But just before we start, I want you to sweep over me, the surroundings, the elements and in that quick glance, tell me what my weaknesses are and where I am vunerable. It is important to be very aware of what can and cannot be used to your advantage as quickly as possible before any confrontation."

Maximas
Sep 12th, 2002, 09:13:07 AM
Maximas did as she asked. He took a quick glance at the surrounding area. He then thought about it for a few seconds, his eyes still wondering.

"Well.... there is the heat. The heat will affect what you are capable of.

The sun too. If I position myself with my back to the sun you will struggle to see me properly."

His eyes still sweeped over the surrounding area but he couldnt think of anything else.

Estelle Russard
Sep 13th, 2002, 12:25:18 AM
Estelle nodded in affirmation.

"Good, you have named the obvious."

Her grin took any sting from her comment, but Maximas took it as a hint to look harder.

"The effects of the elements, the heat, the glare are definitely a factor. The sand too is another. It is difficult to fight on such a surface, it also can be used to blind your opponent momentarily."

For demonstration, she used the force to whip up a whirlwind of sand and caused it to billow around the both of them, but keeping it at a distance so as not to touch them. Then reaching out and taking some in her hand, she dropped the whirlwind, and then tossed the amount in her hand harmlessly to the ground again.

She picked up the pack also and looked it over. "It looks harmless I know, but even such things as this can be used to an advantage if you can see it. A diversion, a hinderence, anything to cause a break of concentration can have deadly consequences to one who is "seeing" the possibilities. This is what you need to be more aware of."

She gestured to the stone pillar she had been leaning against a few minutes before. "This too, can be used to advantage, or disadvantage. Even one not mastered in using the force can use such a bland generic item to do damage. A well placed strike with a lightsaber could send shards of jagged stone towards an enemy. My own clothing could be used against me, my entangling robes perhaps, such things as this.

Try to see the possiblities in everything. They only grow as your ability to weild the force grows."

Maximas
Sep 18th, 2002, 06:41:41 AM
He looked at the individual things as Estelle pointed them out to him. Of course, they were obvious now. Maximas was somewhat angry at himself for not spotting them, well, not even thinking about them. This was the very basics afterall. He nodded.

"Yes Estelle. I guess the water bottle could be used to then."

His eyes again glancing over the nearby area to try and see if there was anything else he'd missed.

OOC: Sorry for the long delay in the post!

Estelle Russard
Sep 20th, 2002, 09:15:20 PM
ooc: no problemo, Max :)

IC:

She smiled as she saw the breif moment of self-annoyance shadow his face.

She agreed with him as he mentioned the water bottle.

"Having a keen eye could save lives in a split-second. Your life, and those you are trying to defend or protect."

She used the force and pulled the sunglasses from his face, sending them spinning to land with a faint "fuff" into the hot sand. With the sudden glare dazzling him, she stepped forward to lay a strike against him with her light saber.

"Defend yourself Maximas!"

Maximas
Sep 26th, 2002, 04:48:16 AM
Maximas had realised hed made a mistake about wearing his sun glasses as soon as Estelle wipped them off. It was extreamly bright all of a sudden and his eyes were going to need a few moments to adjust. He didnt have time to get used to it though as Estelle came in with an attack.

Only being able to half see where the attack was comming from he took a side step to his left. He lifted his saber which glanced with his Masters. It was enough to avoid the attack but put him in a weak position. He held the saber in his right hand as he raised his left hand to his watering eyes.

Estelle Russard
Sep 27th, 2002, 09:09:42 PM
"See me through the force, Maximas. Dont rely on your physical sight alone."

She whipped her saber up and away from her padawans blade, and brought it swinging back down towards the opposite side.

Maximas
Oct 7th, 2002, 03:07:08 AM
Maximas wiped away the tears streaming from his eyes and tried to focus on his Master. All he could see was a blur. She told him to see her through the force, and not to use physical sight alone. Easier said than done, he thought to himself.

He gave it a go non the less. Still, not really being able to see properly he faced his master in a stand off. He held the saber with his right hand and using the force he scooped up a load of sand and sent it through the air towards his masters face. He hoped this would buy him some time to recover.

Estelle Russard
Oct 10th, 2002, 12:11:09 AM
Estelle saw the sand coming - or rather, she felt Maximas use the force to lift it and so was beginning to move already backwards in order to avoid its sting. She was pleased he was using his ability, and she sensed he felt it a completely natural extension of himself to do so.

She pulled around in a twist and covered her eyes with her hand, leaving her momentarily blinded but still holding forward her lightsaber.

Maximas pressed his advantage, moving forward with well placed saber stokes. Feeling his action through the force, Estelle met each blow defensively. They were good hard and controlled strikes - he was a good swordsman. She held her defence, and as he pressed his attack.

She now moved her free hand, still partially shading her eyes from the suns glare, but her fingers rippled back and forth quickly, and Maximas felt a small wind whip up about his legs, lifting his light robe and wrapping it to twist and flutter in a restricting manner about his legs. The twist grew smaller and more constrictive and would soon, if left alone, would trip him up completely.

Maximas
Oct 11th, 2002, 06:21:35 AM
Maximas felt the tightening around his legs. He stumbled slightly before moving his hands down to try to stop the wrapping. Estelle didnt waste any time in taking advantage of the Padawans position and came in with a strike. Max dived to the right and out of the way. He landed on the ground where the sand softend his landing. He acted quickly to remove the lose robe so the wrapping would discontinue.

While Maximas was still on the ground, Estelle came in with another attack. He blocked the blow with little effort and kicked off the ground to land perfectly on his feet. His balance was excellent and he moved gracefully to deflect the incomming combo from his master.

Estelle Russard
Oct 11th, 2002, 08:38:18 PM
He fought well. Good defensive strategies and pressed the attack when and where he could.

It was a nice little fight...and one where had they been fighting a Sith, would both probably be injured.

It was time to increase the agression and learn to fight hard but without anger. A lesson Estelle feared Maximas may just have trouble with, given his temperament.

The thrust and parry continued until Estelle, seizing a break in the rythm of their conflict, sprang effortlessly up and over her opponent, landing behind him.

As Maximas spun about to face her, Estelle used the force and threw him violently backwards to smash hard against the stone pillar.

Maximas
Oct 15th, 2002, 04:13:48 AM
A spar this was supposed to be he thought to himself. He was smacked up against the stone pillar which sent a wave of pain through his body. He didnt say anything but instead stood up and gritted his teeth. He clenched a fist with his free hand and almost ran into the fight in a fit of rage. Doubt filled his head for a second. Estelle was his master. She was there to teach him. He losened his fist and let go of his anger.

Using the force he threw his saber slightly to the right of his Master. The saber flew past her but Max made sure that it was aimed straight at her on its return journey. She spun round to deflect the strike, sending the saber off to the ground. This Gave Maximas enough time to run up behind her and take a choke hold around her neck. He didnt squeeze particularaly hard, just enough to let her know he was there, and what he tried to do.

Estelle Russard
Oct 15th, 2002, 04:58:29 PM
Maximas was controlling the natural lean toward anger that anyone would feel when being inflicted with pain or injury. It was those natural bents that were the most difficult to master, as they were in a sense a persons defence mechanism. The trick was instead allow the force to be ones defence and train one instincts to automatically follow that instead.

She was pleased as she saw Max win that first battle within himself. His response was controlled and considered - and effective.

Estelle did as Max had anticipated and swung to deflect the oncoming saber. Instantly he was behind her an wrapping a strong arm about her neck. He was hesitant to hurt her, she could sense it, not to mention he had not applied the pressure necessary to bring her down.

She appreciated his care toward her, but she would not be able to prepare him effectively to battle the darksiders if she did not push him. It was hard, but she must train him effectively. To do this, she must take him beyond "fairness".

Holding onto his arm with her free hand, Estelle concentrated and focused her mind, lifting them both off the ground. They rose up vertically high into the air. After they were at a great height, Estelle twisted around to unfold out of Max's grip, but still holding onto his arm. Then without warning, she allowed the force holding Max up level with her to be withdrawn, and he automatically dropped, being suspended now in the air, only by the fact that he and Estelle both still gripped each others arms.

Maximas could feel Estelle trying to gradually break off her grip which, if Maximas did not do something, he would fall the very great distance to the sand below. If the ability to focus the force in such a manner to keep himself levitated were not present, Maximas would end up very severely injured should he fall.

Estelles eyes met his as he dangled, and without flinching, she began to peel off her fingers from his arm.

Maximas
Oct 18th, 2002, 07:28:19 AM
Maximas got a rush of panic. What was he going to do? At first he thought his move had been a good one but now he was in a very dangerous position. He was thinking quickly but he was struggling to remove the thought from falling from his head. He wasnt thinking rationaly.

One by one, Estelles fingers were peeling off and Maximas was running out of time. He wasnt confident enough in his ability to levitate himself so was desperatly trying to think of an alternative.

An idea came to him. He held onto Estelle as hard as he could. He pushed off against her and managed to lift his legs to her waist. Still pushing off her he then managed to hook his legs round the back of her head and crossing his feet over, therefore he wouldnt fall when Estelle let go. She let go almost as soon as he hooked his legs round. And now she was trying to remove his legs. He took a hold of her feet, then released his leg hold.

He smung round and using the momentum let go and landed safely on top of the pillar they had been talking about earlier. He was out of breath and tired now. Estelle was much stronger than he was and he wasnt happy about it either. She was a girl afterall. He brushed himself down and awaited the inevitable attack from his Master.

Estelle Russard
Oct 19th, 2002, 12:32:42 AM
ooc: :lol very creative!

She certainly had not foreseen the maneuver that Maximas came up with and it broke her concentration for a time. Her own safety was momentarily in question as she relinquished her command of the force and started to drop.

At about the same time Max landed atop the pillar, Estelle was arresting the fall she had allowed herself distracted into. Sommer-saulting once to vault herself toward the pillar also, she landed (not too smoothly) on the flat of the stone spiel as well.

"That was well done Maximas. To know ones limits and capabilities and work with them and inspite of them is not an easy thing to do.

I had thought you would attempt to keep yourself from falling by using the force - I would not have abandoned you to the abrupt halt at the end, by the way. But you have impressed me by using another means of solving that problem.

Now we know what we can really focus on. We have identified something you are not confident you can do." (She smiled at him sincerely) "But you can, you know. You have such great potential."

Estelle wiped her hand across her brow - it certainly was hot here.

"Now...how shall we get down?"

Instead of waiting a reply, Estelle gave her proud young padawan a hearty shove, sending him flailing into the vacant air.

Maximas
Oct 23rd, 2002, 08:57:11 AM
Maximas's heart skipped several beats as Estelle shoved him off the pillar. He fell toward the ground like a stone. He summond the force without thinking and it was enough to slow him down but not enough to stop the fall completly. He hit the ground with a soft thud. Most non force users would have been lucky with a couple of broken bones but with Max using the force he managed to get up unharmed, if a little shakey.

--What was that for!!!--

He yelled back, none to pleased with that action. His face begining to glow a slight red colour. To be frank, he was pissed off.

Estelle Russard
Oct 26th, 2002, 06:49:43 PM
ooc: sorry for the delay in reply, Max.

IC

She looked down at him as he glowered back up at her. He had used the force a little, but not nearly enough. He was angry, well that was natural.

"You disagree with my method do you Maximas?"

She called down calmly to him.

"Why dont you find a way to push me off as well?"

Oriadin
Oct 31st, 2002, 06:18:08 AM
OOC: Sorry for the interuption, Maximas can you please check your PM. Thanks.

Maximas
Oct 31st, 2002, 06:27:51 AM
Maximas frowned hard in his Masters Direction. She had a sweet innocent look to her and he couldnt help but feel more relaxed.

"You could have killed me you know!"

He felt like he wanted to get back at her for the stunt she just pulled but how. She was still on top of the pillar and he was all the way down at the bottom. Perhaps a force push. Cant be much different than trying to lift things, only you try to push, he thought to himself.

With a sudden movement, and without warning he extended his right arm and made his hand as big as possible. Using all his strength to try to use the force to push Estelle from on top of the pillar.

OOC: Will do

Estelle Russard
Nov 1st, 2002, 08:32:09 PM
ooc: steals Oriadins beer while he's not lookin.

Max - I will post properly to this when I come back tonight :)

edit:

Back.

IC/

Estelle could feel the disturbance in the force that Maximas was creating. Whether he realised it or not, he was very close to hitting his mark.
The air swirlled toward her - if it had been visible to the naked eye it would have looked almost like a funnel of pressure only instead of a tapered tip for the most effective impact, it was spread out and flat, thus loosing some of its "oompf".

"Focus Maximas!" Estelle yelled down to him, her voice penetrating into his concentration.

"Find the focal point upon which to target specifically - channel through your mind's eye exactly where you wish your efforts to hit me." She could feel the power contstricting a more controlled effect and thus growing in strength. "More focus Maximas! You almost have it." She steeled herself against the rising pressure, willing in her heart for Max to succeed.

Maximas
Nov 4th, 2002, 07:35:27 AM
The blood was still boiling in the padawan from his masters 'stunt' and he could only feel himself getting more and more fustraited. He gritted his teath and pushed as hard as his body would let him but he wasnt focusing properly as he was still anoyed at being dropped off the top of the pillar. He stopped trying all of a suddent and kicked out at the pilar in a quick act of rage. He just had to release some steam.

He huffed. His face was a little flushed and he put his hands on his hips. A drip of sweat fell from his forhead onto the sandy ground.

"I cant do it"

Estelle Russard
Nov 5th, 2002, 12:12:57 AM
Estelle stepped lightly off the top of the pillar, using the force to ease her landing.

A soft "pffph" as her feet landed in the sand was the only sound, other than Maximas' deep breaths as he tried to bring his anger under control.

"Cant do it? Or wont do it, Maximas?"

Estelle could see Max wanted to bite out a retort toward her, the tension about his mouth showed it was taking him some effort to remain quiet just now.

"Maximas," (her voice was lowered and entirely unconfrontational now) "...you are angry because you are taking it personal. Do that, and the Sith will beat you every time."

She touched his arm lightly, making him look at her.

"I dont want you to be angry with me, but if you think those of the Darkside will fight clean, fair or with any chivallry at all - then you would be very mistaken. You mustn't let them make you angry, make you feel it personally. They hate you because you are Jedi. You fight because you are Jedi. Pity them, but dont let them make you the same as them."

She nudged him with her elbow.

"You have quite a temper, you know."

Maximas
Nov 12th, 2002, 04:12:05 AM
He nodded in agreement.

"I know. Im sorry Estelle. You are right."

When Estelle touched Maximas's arm he felt much calmer. He was begining to bring his temper down now. Feeling much more relaxed.

"Its just hard to keep my temper at times I guess. When I feel threatend or something. I was scared and I just kicked out."

He took a long glance into her eyes.

"I am sorry Master. I will learn"

Estelle Russard
Nov 13th, 2002, 09:17:41 PM
Estelle deactivated her saber and tucked it into her robes as Max looked at her, his mood calming with each passing second.

"It is enough training for today, Maximas. Let's head back to the ship."

She stooped to pick up Max's sunglasses from the sand, shaking them off, and handing them to him with a smile. She also called the waterbottle to her using the force and taking a drink, then offered him one as well.

Maximas
Nov 25th, 2002, 09:29:40 AM
Maximas placed the glasses back on his face and took the water bottle. He took two large swigs. All in all it had been a mixed training sesion for him. He felt hed fought pretty well, but he also felt hed given in to his anger at times. That was never a good thing.

They began their walk back to the ship. Every so often he looked up at Estelle. She was extreamly attractive and he couldnt help but look at her every so often. He only took short glances, not wanting to get caught looking, of course.

Estelle Russard
Nov 25th, 2002, 10:23:02 PM
As they made their way back through the burning sands, Estelle was quiet for some time. She never did see Maximas glance at her, but she did not need to. After almost halfway back to the ship, she smiled, but was careful to keep her eyes forward.

"Your thoughts betray you, Padawan."

Maximas
Dec 16th, 2002, 04:13:45 PM
His mentors words caught him off guard somewhat. He wasnt sure what she ment by them exactly. He stopped suddenly and looked directly at her as she too stopped and looked at him.

"What do you mean by that exactly, Estelle?"

A slightly puzzled look appeared over Maximas's face as he wondered what it was she meant. He hoped she hadnt caught him looking at her...

Estelle Russard
Dec 16th, 2002, 10:37:14 PM
She kept walking, trying to keep the mood of the conversation light, even though what she would say next was a hard truth.

"A pretty face can be the undoing of a man, Maximas. I'm sure you know this. You are much more wordly-wise than I am, Im certain. And a friend can be used as a weapon against a Jedi."

Maximas
Dec 18th, 2002, 11:01:18 AM
Maximas stood completely still at first as Estelle turned and carried on walking. She began to speak to him and so he jogged so he could catch up with her.

After she had said her piece, Maximas kinda guessed she knew he had been looking at her. His already red coloured skin turned a slightly brighter shade of red as he tried to act the innocent. At first he let out a fake little chuckle.

"Yeah yeah. I know. I can see how relationships can cause trouble in this line of work.... but I dont really understand why you brought this up?"

His heart pounded slightly. He felt as if he was in trouble but wasnt sure how much the other person knew so went fishing, but at the same time didnt want to cause that person to come out and say exactly what they meant. That would be very embarrasing.

"You telling me youve never been in a relationship since becoming a Jedi?"

Estelle Russard
Dec 18th, 2002, 10:01:02 PM
"Well, um, not exactly." It was her turn for the color to rise.

"Thats not what I meant..I mean..." This wasnt what she had planned on covering at all during this training session, but now that it was brought up, it seemed the time had presented itself.

"What I meant is....Distractions are dangerous. It isnt wrong to care for someone, but you must always be aware that it can be a road that might lead you from your duty. Or make it hard to do your duty."

Estelle sighed..she wasnt explaining this very well. She stopped walking and looked at Maximas.

"Guard your heart Maximas, is all I meant. It is important to be sure the Jedi way is what rules it."

Maximas
Dec 19th, 2002, 03:10:57 AM
Maximas stopped too. He looked directly into Estelles eyes with a sweet and boyish charm. He didnt smile or give any facial expression really. He was thinking to himself. After a short time had passed since Estelle had said her last word, Max let out a small nod. His eyes darted to the side for a split second before focusing on the beautiful woman again.

He wanted to say something, but finding any words to come out was difficult. After a little thought, a question came to mind as to what exactly Estelle meant.

--So, its ok to be with someone you care for, as long as you stay faithfull to the ways of the Jedi at all times?--

Estelle Russard
Dec 21st, 2002, 08:12:44 PM
She thought on his question a moment, and nodded.

"That is probably the best way to sum it up, Maximas."

She turned to walk once more, gesturing for him to do the same. It was still so hot out, and they needed to get back to shelter. They had already spent too much time under the direct heat of the sun.

"Some Jedi prefer to have no "romantic" connection of any sort. This is the old way....and perhaps, the best way. Though this is a very difficult path, and not all chose to live as that."

She opened the water bottle as they walked, and continued speaking.

"Others feel one is only strengthened by the care and affection of another, and take the view of "two are better than one." It is a personal choice."

She took a drink and offered the bottle to Maximas.

"It is a choice we each have to make. It is my duty as your Master to warn you of the pit-falls of both, and offer any help that I can."

Maximas
Dec 23rd, 2002, 09:50:15 AM
Maximas gladly took the bottle as he walked along side his mentor. The sun was beating down on his fair skin. No doubt he would now be sun burnt. A nice cool shower would have to be one of the first things he visited when he got back to the Jedi Order he thought to himself.

He took a few smallish swigs from the bottle before handing it back. It was nearly empty now and he hoped their transport wouldnt be too far away now.

"So... which choice have you made Estelle?"

He asked, heart beating hard again. He looked at her with curious eyes as they walked.

Estelle Russard
Dec 23rd, 2002, 11:28:43 PM
"I can't imagine a life lived alone. I come from a loving and happy family, and one day hope to have the same. Though...." and she paused here. How much should she share with her padawan? Would he want to know, or hear about her life? Should she tell him about Keerrourri? And what would she tell him, if she did? She didnt really know herself what the Cizerack Ambassador meant to her...or she to him for that matter. She didn't think home and family, that was certain. No - how can she tell Maximas about something she doesn't understand herself.

A glance at Maximas saw him looking at her expectantly, waiting for her to finish her thought.

".....Though... none of us know what the future holds. Perhaps in the long run, to be alone is the wiser choice. What do you think?"

If they looked up, they would see the ship in the distance. Even in the haze of the heat, the gleaming surface of the craft could be made out without difficulty.

Maximas
Dec 24th, 2002, 04:50:03 AM
Maximas gave his answer some carefull consideration before replying. Ususally he would rush in and say what he wanted before really thinking it through. This time, he wanted to be carefull about what he said.

"Perhaps to be alone would be the wiser choice but what is life without love and compasion? Sure, to be alone can keep things simpler and keep your mind soley on a job in hand but to never be with anyone? I would imagine that could be hard to take. People cant help who they have feelings for, its just natures way. I think everyone lives in hope that they will fall in love one day and live happily ever after. As Jedi, I think we promote love, as well as peace throughout the galaxy.

An old saying, "tis better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all".

His eyes focused in on Estelle.

"Still, what chance is there to find love when your a Jedi right?"

He stated, trying to joke somewhat to lighten the slightly serious conversation.

"What with the busy lifes we lead and all. Still, sometimes you just cant help but fall for someone. That somone special you hold close to your heart."

A small smile escaped his lips before he turned back to look at the ship as they got closer.

Estelle Russard
Dec 26th, 2002, 06:34:34 PM
She returned his smile, which now broadened into a grin.

"I see a heart of a romantic beats beneath that royal thick skin of yours, Maximas."

She joked with him, but she realised that it was the truth. He had opened a little of himself to her, cracked the proud facade door that he took great pains to guard, opening it just a tad and revealed to her a thoughtful and sensitive side of his nature.

His background had dictated he be a strong leader and in control, and she didnt take it lightly that he had shared his thoughts with her the way he had.

Estelle decided there was a great deal to this brash young man who walked beside her. He had the bearing of a king, but the heart to serve as a Jedi. She suddenly realised what an astounding choice Maximas had made in coming to the Order.

As they came to the base of the boarding ramp to the ship, she stopped and her face grew serious.

"You are a good man, Maximas. You will make a great Jedi."