PDA

View Full Version : Display your collection

Jedieb
Jul 28th, 2002, 12:52:19 PM
Throw up any pictures you have of your collection. I've got a web page for the demise of my SW room, but I'll just post some pics of the displays here.
EDIT
I can't get the images to load. Oh well, here's a link to the page.
http://ourworld.cs.com/_ht_a/Jedieb1/starwarsroom.htm

JMK
Jul 28th, 2002, 01:46:24 PM
I think you should change your name to Steve Sansweet!
A year ago I would have been able to give you some nice pics, but most of my stuff is boxed up now. I've only got about 40-50 boxed figs on the wall and some vintage figs out on a shelf.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 28th, 2002, 03:18:21 PM
Most of my stuff is boxed up too, the only really good things I have un boxed is the TPM banks and a few other odds and ends.

Jinn Fizz
Jul 28th, 2002, 08:03:32 PM
I'll post some stuff after Comic Con, I promise! :angel

Jedieb
Jul 29th, 2002, 01:27:24 PM
I really hate taking everything down. I'm hoping to keep a few things out. It's going to be weird buying stuff and then putting straight into a box, but I don't have much of a choice.

Doc Milo
Jul 29th, 2002, 06:30:12 PM
My first post in the Collecting Forum -- Woo Hoo!

Okay . . . I don't collect for any value (thus I don't even attempt to keep things mint or in the box) -- just for the hobby of displaying loose action figures. I'll go find my digital camera and take a few pics to display my collection....

EDIT---

I'm back. I've created a page for my collection. It's just a bunch of pics. Maybe some other time, I'll put some commentary.

As you can see, my AotC collection is sparse. I have to save my pennies right now . . . I will increase it over time, though.... One piece at a time....

Here's the link to the page: SW Collection (http://www.drmilo.net/collection/collect.html)

darth_mcbain
Jul 30th, 2002, 07:53:39 AM
Pretty nice Doc... I like how you've mocked up a bunch of scenes from the movies...

Compared to you guys, my collection is pretty pathetic... I've got maybe 2 dozen figs total, and most of them are displayed prominently around my work PC... Maybe I'll throw a pic up sometime, but it won't compare with some of the other displays around here...

JMK
Jul 30th, 2002, 08:32:19 AM
That's alot of figs Doc!:D

Doc Milo
Jul 30th, 2002, 09:47:59 AM
A lot, sure. But not many AotC figures. :(

That's it! I'm asking for AotC figs for Christmas!

Jedieb
Jul 30th, 2002, 12:47:41 PM
NOW THAT'S WHAT I LIKE TO SEE!! Figures opened up and displayed! From the looks of it, I'd say you've been buying stuff since POTF2 started up in 95 huh Doc? I like how you've got your Emperor's Wrath Vader holding Palpy over his head, very nice. It's amazing how much space everything can take up huh Doc?

McBain, your collection sounds GREAT to me. It's not about how much you get, but how happy you are with what you have. A nice work display is as good as anything Doc and I have. Plus, you've got the brass to display your stuff at work. Kudos! :clap

Doc Milo
Jul 30th, 2002, 01:45:23 PM
I started in earnest after TPM came out, actually. Had a few figures before then, but a lot of the PTOF figures came via the big tub of discounted figures in Toys R Us, although there are some (Zuckus comes to mind) that were bought off Ebay.

If you look closely, you'll see a few vintage figures in there, those are where the collection really started -- way back when I was a kid, and they just came out. I used to have the Death Star Playset, the Millenium Falcon, a TIE fighter, and an X-Wing back then. Don't know whatever became of them...

Spirityoda
Oct 13th, 2002, 02:34:55 PM
sweet collections jedieb and Doc Milo, wow you have some great stuff I don't have. I have tons of carded figures. I have about 80 storm troopers . I want to build a "emperor's arrival" diorama some day when I get that imperial shuttle tydirium. You guys don't want to sell me your shuttle do you ? jealousy. Spirityoda.O_o

Jedieb
Oct 13th, 2002, 03:26:23 PM
Are you going to get the FAO Swartz Imperial Shuttle? With tax it runs around $140. If you go to their web site you should be able to find one that will deliver the shuttle right to your door. If you're going to get one you have to hurry, I think they have less than 400 left out of 2,500 for online orders.