PDA

View Full Version : Say goodbye to my Star Wars Room :(

Jedieb
Jul 28th, 2002, 12:24:32 PM
:cry :cry :cry
I have to take down just about everything in my SW room and turn it into a closet. I threw up a web page so I could have a record of what once was... I'm, so, so, so, so, so, sad.......
http://ourworld.cs.com/_ht_a/Jedieb1/starwarsroom.htm

BUFFJEDI
Jul 28th, 2002, 01:14:25 PM
My prayer's and grief go with you EB(s)^_^;

How can one so beutiful,do something so EVIL to you :huh

That is a nice collection there. I have room to store the stuff for you ;)

Admiral Lebron
Jul 28th, 2002, 01:17:00 PM
CAN'T DO THAT! No! Build a shed or something use that as a closet! Too much...coolness to get rid of! :cry :cry

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 28th, 2002, 01:19:53 PM
That Sucks Jedieb, so do you have to put it storage now?

Jedieb
Jul 28th, 2002, 01:24:29 PM
I'm gonna have to figure out what to do with it. I've got tons of boxes so I don't have to go out and buy too much storage material. I hate to put any of it into the unfinished part of my basement because of the conditions. I may be able to rig something in the finished part of my basement so I can store everything boxed up. Then in a couple of years when we move into a bigger place I can set up a game room with a pool table and shelved walls to display everything. But until then :cry

The good news is the Yoda probably isn't going anywhere. It'll give my wife nightmares! >D

Admiral Lebron
Jul 28th, 2002, 01:30:00 PM
That's not a good thing...cos she'll take out her lack o'sleep on you.

JMK
Jul 28th, 2002, 01:35:18 PM
I saw the name of the thread and I almost wanted to cry for you Jedieb. I was sure it was yours even though I didn't even look at who started it. I feel for you dude. :(

Gabran Darkysa
Jul 28th, 2002, 02:33:01 PM
You have my condolances Jedieb! What an amazing collection of SW collectibles and memorabilia you have! Hope ya find a means and way to restore it soon!

Jinn Fizz
Jul 28th, 2002, 04:39:44 PM
NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Keep as much as you can, Jedieb, don't toss it out...the day will come when you'll be able to put it all on display again.

If you do have to dispose of any of the stuff, please hold a proper funeral ceremony, okay? :)

JMK
Jul 28th, 2002, 06:32:08 PM
I think Jedieb would evict his padawans and use their rooms before ditching his collection!;)

JediBoricua
Jul 28th, 2002, 09:21:01 PM
I feel like such a rookie!!! Sad thing to have that boxed...My best wishes Eb.

Sorry to trouble you with this question, but what did you used to stick those puzzles to the door? A friend has the Millenium Falcon set and he wants to do just what you did with his.

darth_mcbain
Jul 29th, 2002, 08:54:59 AM
Wow - nice collection!!! Too bad you've got to take it down... You need to build a secret room that opens when you pull the right book out of a bookshelf - that can be your SW shrine... :)

JMK
Jul 29th, 2002, 11:00:33 AM
JediBoricua, I have the same 3 puzzles on my wall. What I did is build them, then cut a piece of cardboard to size, spray it with glue and place the puzzle on top. Then I picked up some kind of magic glazing potion for puzzles and laid it on and made sure all the cracks got some. Let it sit, and they're good to hang up.

Jedieb
Jul 29th, 2002, 01:36:23 PM
Sorry to trouble you with this question, but what did you used to stick those puzzles to the door? A friend has the Millenium Falcon set and he wants to do just what you did with his.
There are a few ways you can glue puzzles together. I've tried two. One was with a kind of puzzle glue that goes over the puzzle once you've completed it. You can usually find this glue at a hobby shop. I wasn't too crazy about it. I didn't like the look it gave to the puzzle. Although now that I think about it, you could probably have glued the back of the puzzle and gotten a much better result.

For the puzzles on my door I used contact paper. First, I put the puzzle together on a light weight surface, something like a poster board. When I finished the puzzle I then flipped it over. Then I just applied the contact paper to the back of the puzzle and bingo, you've got something you can hang on a wall or door. I think I used an adhesive strip to hang the puzzles on the door once I finished applying the contact paper. You can find that kind of stuff at big hardware stores.

CMJ
Jul 29th, 2002, 01:52:41 PM
Damn Eb...evil wife ya got there. ;)

Doc Milo
Jul 29th, 2002, 02:19:54 PM
I feel for you Jedieb. I may be going through the same thing shortly . . . after the marriage . . . maybe you'll be able to give me hints on how to cope when the time comes . . .

JediBoricua
Jul 29th, 2002, 02:24:36 PM
Thanks for the tips guys.

Now about that Mariachi Yoda...;)

BUFFJEDI
Jul 29th, 2002, 05:16:06 PM
By DOC MILO:
I feel for you Jedieb. I may be going through the same thing shortly . . . after the marriage . . . maybe you'll be able to give me hints on how to cope when the time comes . .

what the heck is wrong with you guys??? who wears the pants in your family ???and you call yourself MEN
:huh :lol

you need a little buff 101.;)

Jedieb
Jul 29th, 2002, 05:34:15 PM
Single guys always talk smack. :)

CMJ
Jul 29th, 2002, 06:20:03 PM
LMAO Jedieb!

So true.

Doc Milo
Jul 29th, 2002, 06:25:34 PM
Well, we'll be shopping for a house (got the downpayment saved up already, and am not touching it ::crosses fingers:: for the wedding.) So . . . maybe I can look for one with room just for the action figures.

Of course, there's going to be the problem of telling my 9 year old stepson that he can't play with them -- "What do you think they are, Toys?"

"Uh . . . yeah!"

JMK
Jul 29th, 2002, 06:39:47 PM
Doc, I'm still telling my 21 year old brother not to play with them!

imported_Lance Stormrider
Jul 29th, 2002, 08:08:03 PM
Holy freaking Jesus now that's a room O_O!!!!!!!!

Jedieb
Jul 29th, 2002, 08:11:46 PM
Thanks LS! Tomorrow I'm going to start taking apart the LEGO's and bagging them. Luckily I kept all the instruction manuals so I'll be able to put them back together one day. Once I get those shelves cleared and taken out I'll be able to get some pictures of the carded figure wall.
This hurts, it HURTS!!!!!!!:cry