PDA

View Full Version : Sacrosanct: Unbridled At Twilight

imported_Taja Loraan
Jul 26th, 2002, 11:23:51 PM
Taja was a wanderer. Despite the number of worlds she had frequented, the paths to these planets had mostly been traversed with the Dark Jedi acting as a stowaway on the freighters carrying goods to and from those regions. Things were less conspicuous that way; as a result, her ship Quetzalcóatl seldom performed that for which it was designed. Today, however, was an exception, and as much as she loved flying, she lacked the patience or the expertise to navigate traffic at this hour.

"Oolong tea, please."

Having placed her order, Taja briefly glanced around the Coruscant bar. The skies were already hailing the first rays of sunshine but even so there remained very few empty seats in the establishment, occupied chiefly by pilots, cargo loaders and the like, preparing to depart come morning. All in all, it was painfully uneventful and vapid, but the lack of activity made for a somewhat pleasant change. For her part, the Dark Jedi looked more or less ordinary - a much needed effect, given the locale.

I see you.

So much for normalcy,

Brows furrowed, Taja stirred the pale liquid in the cup with her little finger. This place had Force users aplenty, and it was not uncommon for them to try frighten the patrons with their simple mind tricks.

I hear you.

She looked up. No... the bartender was going about his business as usual, as were those sat around her. The message had been directed to Taja specifically; focusing on its source, her frown deepened. There was something oddly familiar about this one, yet so distant the guise was impenetrable.

You hide your shadows, but your shadows cannot hide from me.

This was too much; swiveling around on her stool, she glared into the dim lighting, her mind reaching through the darkness to wrap around the foreign voice. Even then, her words were equivalent to a silent hiss.

Who the hell is this?!

Slayn Cloak
Jul 27th, 2002, 01:48:17 AM
Slayn sat right next to the girl, he had given Taja the impression that he was off to the right. Truth be told she wasn't very strong willed, but was still quite deadly. Slayn lifted the guise he had put in her head as he tap her on the shoulder, or at least gave her the impression that he had done that. He then simply spoke in her mind, the common form was to disgusting.

" It's only me, I noticed you were board and decided to provide entertainment."

imported_Taja Loraan
Jul 30th, 2002, 03:19:00 AM
Only you?

Taja calmed herself; or rather, the persistent itch existing in the back of her mind quenched any and all thoughts of antagonism that she felt. Much as she despised being shackled away from fulfulling her own desires, it served both as a reminder that the body in which she resided was not hers alone, and as a means by which to control her somewhat rampant emotions. Which was just as well: it was probably not in her best interests to inject venom into random bystanders whenever piqued.

The voices now reversed direction, honing in on the actual location of the one who had so drolly contacted her. Curious, how he chose not to speak with the common tongue; however, what roused her interest was the manner in which he had deflected her thoughts. It was not often the voices lied; that, and the man greatly resembled one with whom she was closely associated. A brother, perhaps?

She diverted her gaze to settle on this new amusement. There remained still several hours before she was scheduled to leave the planet, and Taja had nothing to do in the meanwhile. Her reply was conducted in the same way as had been done throughout; he seemed to prefer it that way.

Please. Do be so kind as to elaborate.

Slayn Cloak
Jul 31st, 2002, 10:47:16 PM
" You were bored, you called out to me, in your mind. I simple mused your request, something to pass time..."

imported_Taja Loraan
Aug 2nd, 2002, 10:22:50 PM
Because I called you??

A small chuckle passed her thin lips: quite the comedian, he was. Still ... there was something about his words that disturbed her, and more importantly, disturbed the voices. Something...

It would seem that you know me better than I do.

... too much like herself.

She turned to face the man fully, tucking in a strand of dark blonde hair that had fallen over her eyes with one hand and extending the other in a gesture of friendship.

Taja Loraan. But I suppose you already knew that, hmm?

Her eyes narrowed as she spoke aloud for the first time.

"Slayn."

Slayn Cloak
Aug 3rd, 2002, 01:18:53 AM
Slayn took her hand and cradled it in his gently, he never spoke in the common speech unless he absolutely had to, but he had given Taja the impression that he did to comfort her. The mind was a simple thing for the young Cloak to manipulate, it seemed sometimes the tighter the individual holds their mind and emotions, the bigger the cracks were.

imported_Taja Loraan
Aug 3rd, 2002, 01:42:39 PM
Is that it, then?

Taja quirked an eyebrow.

Frankly, I'm not amused. Wake me up and I'll really be impressed.

Slayn Cloak
Aug 4th, 2002, 04:04:40 AM
"Then I've failed, yes? I was to amuse you until your departure."

Slayn sat steadily and kissed her hand. He raised his head from it and stared into her eyes, Taja could feel him gazing into her, not just appreciating her iris.

imported_Taja Loraan
Aug 8th, 2002, 11:02:04 AM
Why?

Taja returned his stare, unblinking. The shadows that barricaded her eyes writhed under his gaze.

Slayn could hear them. Oh yes, he heard. She retracted her hand slowly.

What do you see?

Slayn Cloak
Aug 8th, 2002, 12:54:16 PM
" I see myself, among other things of course."

Slayn was a little aloof to her question, he didn't know what she ment. He also hadn't realized that he had answered until after the fact.

imported_Taja Loraan
Aug 8th, 2002, 03:46:22 PM
And how is it that you see yourself?

A thin strand of cold weaved from the tip of her fingers through to him, registered not by his senses but in his mind. A faint smile crossed Taja's lips. Though they were angered, the voices had decided to allow her some freedom once more.

She took a small sip from her cup, her eyes never leaving Slayn's.

Slayn Cloak
Aug 9th, 2002, 01:38:33 PM
Slayn's expression changed, he didn't like what he saw. He quickly shook away whatever it had been, and asked Taja a question.

" Where are you going?"

imported_Taja Loraan
Aug 11th, 2002, 11:50:42 AM
Slayn's demeanor had changed abruptly and she thought it best not to pursue the matter any further. At least, not yet. He was a stranger to her, and no doubt he too thought little more than that of Taja.

But in spite of this, the feeling of ease around him lingered. Whatever it was this Cloak saw ... Taja shared his vision.

She shrugged her shoulders slightly and averted her eyes to stare at the table, tracing random patterns into it with her finger.

Nowhere in particular. I'll probably just roam around aimlessly before heading back to Vjun for some quality time spent staring off into space ...

Taja sighed, then repeated.

... aimlessly.

No further explanations were necessary: he was more than capable of sifting through her mind to retrieve any information he needed. And for once, Taja was glad not to be alone in her thoughts.

I seem to be doing a lot of that recently.

Slayn Cloak
Aug 24th, 2002, 01:46:58 AM
" What do you mean, Is it... that you want me... to go?"

Slayn moved away and looked of into the kitchen as he answered the girl's question...

imported_Taja Loraan
Aug 28th, 2002, 07:45:54 AM
Taja blinked; she had allowed her thoughts to wander. She stared in the direction Slayn was looking toward and, finding nothing of great significance, turned to him again.

Go? No ... I mean, it’s up to you. Do whatever you want.

She scoffed, though the hostility she now carried in her voice was not intended for him.

Leave. I don’t care. Everybody else does ... one more makes no difference.

Slayn Cloak
Aug 29th, 2002, 06:00:54 PM
Slayn took her hand gently into his and spoke in his actual voice...

" And... if one were to stay? "

His eyes searched hers for expression thought the Cloak knew full well what she was thinking.

imported_Taja Loraan
Aug 31st, 2002, 10:23:53 AM
His decision to speak aloud took Taja by surprise, but she didn't allow her eyes to disclose this ... Nor anything else for that matter. His gaze bore straight into her. Straight into emptiness.

"Then nothing."

She let her hand rest in his a second longer than she would normally have permitted. Realizing this, she drew away from Slayn and hurriedly gathered what few possessions she had with her.

"I ought to be going."

To herself she muttered a different message.

Somewhere.

Slayn Cloak
Sep 1st, 2002, 09:18:38 PM
Slayn made haste, rising from his seat to follow. He wasn't more than a step behind her as he spoke again aloud. " Then I will follow."

imported_Taja Loraan
Sep 2nd, 2002, 11:27:39 AM
A cold draft blew past the pair as they stepped outside the warmth of the inn. Daybreak had passed, and it was light. Taja drew her coat tighter around her and visibly shivered; she still needed time to readjust to this climate.

Her breath condensed in the early morning air.

"Why?"

She looked up at him, eyebrows arched; he wasn't particularly talkative. Sighing, she shrugged and continued walking.

"Where to? I didn't really have any place in mind."

Slayn Cloak
Sep 2nd, 2002, 10:04:03 PM
" Then why would you leave?"

Slayn walked next to her, she had changed her demeanor. She was now hesitant and untrusting, there was just something about her, he could feel it in every pore of his skin; He couldn't let her go...

imported_Taja Loraan
Sep 4th, 2002, 03:57:54 AM
"Because if I wait around to think of somewhere to go, I might as well take up permanent residence in that bar."

They sauntered through the public dock and, stopping in front of the access panel of her ship, Taja keyed in the appropriate codes. The ramp descended and she motioned for Slayn to enter.

"Where do you live? I'll drop you off before heading out."

Slayn Cloak
Sep 4th, 2002, 07:09:02 PM
" Were do I live...? "

The Dark Jedi spoke this out loud but it wasn't in retort. Instead it was more to the resenting of a monotonousness repetition. Spoken as if to question for an answer.

" I said I would stay..."

imported_Taja Loraan
Sep 5th, 2002, 10:17:01 AM
"Suit yourself," she mumbled quietly under her breath. Taja was still unsure what exactly this man expected of her, but it was almost certain he would be disappointed.

She settled down into the co-pilot's seat.

"You're flying."

Taja usually traveled alone, but if Slayn was determined to remain by her side, then by all means he was free to do so ... Just so long as he could decide on a destination.

Slayn Cloak
Sep 8th, 2002, 01:14:22 AM
Slayn set in a course to Vjun, there was no where els to go as far as he was concerned. He didn't see the point in owning a ship, that only made it easier for foolish people to track you down. The stolen ship he had piloted here would soon be found and dealt with...

imported_Taja Loraan
Sep 8th, 2002, 01:47:39 PM
"You know Jeseth."

As she breathed out the name, Taja closed her eyes and winced. She had not seen him in months - or perhaps it had been mere weeks, but it was too long by any account. Then again, why would she care?

She raised her head to glance at the coordinates set by Slayn, and her gaze traveled to settle on the side of his face.

"How?"

Slayn Cloak
Sep 9th, 2002, 05:37:54 PM
" My father, yes..."

His reply was simple, and to the point- nothing more than an answer.

imported_Taja Loraan
Sep 12th, 2002, 02:20:26 PM
That bit deep.

She inhaled sharply; there was no reason why his words should disturb her as they did, but she couldn't deny their effect. The voices were excited, and their murmurs were gradually rising in tempo. So to silence them, she dropped the subject.

"Why are you here?"

Slayn possessed a strange quality, something unlike she had ever encountered before. Though she was not alone in her ability to hear, few welcomed it. This man seemed the exception: he wasn't insane.

Slayn Cloak
Sep 13th, 2002, 03:41:57 PM
Slayn sat back in the seat and let the auto pilot deal with the flying. He looked over to Taja, he could feel her every though, her mind was an open book to him- However many authors there were.

imported_Taja Loraan
Sep 14th, 2002, 08:47:37 AM
The man really wasn't much of a talker ... Which disagreed entirely with what Taja had in mind (and which he was very well aware of). Matters were unlikely to improve once they arrived on Vjun, as certain denizens of Bast were always listening. Not bothered whether or not he complied with her decision, she bent forward over him and altered the ship's route to take them to a different location (http://meras.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=110).

As she was about to return to her seat, she paused, still halfway leaning over Slayn. It was the first time she had seen his face up this close. And those eyes ...

Slayn Cloak
Sep 14th, 2002, 09:56:59 AM
It was odd, the girl staring into his eyes, he could sense all that she thought, and now her mind stood still; Like some animal caught in a fright, or lifeless fear... And still she was so much more than that. Slayn lowered his lips to the girls kissing her he pulled her closer, from her seat to his, bound in his arms...

imported_Taja Loraan
Sep 19th, 2002, 06:04:39 AM
Taja's head jerked back suddenly and she gasped, raising a hand to press against her mouth almost defensively. And still he stared, with those crimson irises that saw everything and in which she could find so much consolation. Solace ...

Solace, in the eyes of Jeseth's son.

No!

Shrugging away from his embrace, she stumbled back, all the while struggling to suppress the tears which threatened to flow in a sudden wave of emotion. She swallowed and whispered in a sob, "Why?"

It wasn't fair. Why now? Why him?

Why me?!