PDA

View Full Version : Don't Stop Dancing.....

Xazor Elessar
Jul 26th, 2002, 08:39:18 PM
<center>Don't Stop Dancing
By: Creed

At times life is wicked and I just can't see the light
A silver lining sometimes isn't enough
To make some wrongs seem right
Whatever life brings
I've been through everything
And know I'm on my knees again

But I know I must go on
Although I hurt I must be strong
Because inside I know that many feel this way

Childeren don't stop dancing
Believe you can fly
Away...Away

At times life's unfair and you know it's plain to see
Hey God I know I'm just a dot in this world
Have you forgot about me?
Whatever life brings
I've been through everything
And know I'm on my knees again

But I know I must go on

Am I hiding in the shadows?
Forget the pain and forget the sorrows

But I know I must go on

Childeren don't stop dancing
Believe you can fly
Away...Away

Am I hiding in the shadows?
Are we hiding in the shadows?</center>

The figure of a woman could be seen walking quickly down the halls of the Temple....heading away from the Living Quarters toward the shuttle bay. In her hands she carried but one bag, and on herself, she carried an array of weapons. Her blue robes danced along behind her like ocean waves, and her waist length blonde hair was done up in Garou Warrior Braids. Gold coins were woven into them and clanged together softly with each step that she took. She passed by a group and smiled at them briefly as she walked on toward the shuttle bay. Today was a big day for someone close to her.....her daughter by adoption, Natia. Thoughts of what both of them would face together crossed the Knight's mind as she walked....and then finally reached the bay. Walking across the large area, she reached her ship, Escape. A few men were finishing up the engine details as she loaded her bag into the back of the craft.

Turning around, her eyes drifted to the crono on the wall and then back to the doorway of the bay. She awaited Natia's arrival and then they were off. Knowing that the little girl may be late due to her unfortunate circumstances, Xazor remained patient. She would have helped the young Padawan to the ship, but Natia was a strong willed child and preferred to do things on her own......despite her handicap. Today, her life would change. Xazor was taking her to the Planet Delush for reconstructive surgery on her legs.....done by the best doctors in the galaxy. How the Knight knew them.....well, they had reatttached her arm once after a battle against Darth Vader.

Now she stood waiting as her thoughts rested upon her daughter and the challenge of teaching her how to walk after the surgery. She would be a bit sore afterwards....but walking would come within the first twenty-four hours....or so she was told. Hopefully with Force enhanced healing, it would be sooner. Smiling as she waited, she recalled the one who had referred her to these doctors. Ask for Gronk and tell him that Elessar sent you.... The words rang through her head as she thought of Marcus briefly. Her thoughts were broken by a service-man who informed her that her ship was ready to go. Now she just had to wait a little more for Natia.....and they would be off........

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jul 27th, 2002, 12:26:22 PM
*Natia, who was a bit nervous about this entire trip, was taking her time to reach the docking bay. She had been at the Academy where it's safe for quite some time now. But now, now she's leaving to go on a trip with her Mother. Adopted Mother, but still her Mother. A slight smile appears on her face at all the fun she's had with her Mother. All the good times. She will be safe with her. She always is.

She shows up at the docking bay about a half hour late even though she could have been there on time if she had of been moving quicker and left earlier. A smile adorns her face as she enters and her smile gets bigger as she sees the ship and her Mother waiting*

Sorry I'm late Mother. Had a couple of problems getting here.

*Natia continues on her way to the ship and goes to head up the ramp to get aboard*

Xazor Elessar
Jul 27th, 2002, 12:48:49 PM
Xazor smiled as she saw her Daughter arrive. It was good to see her, no matter how late she was.....Xazor understood. The Knight hopped into the cockpit of her X-Wing Fighter and waited until Natia was safely strapped into the Navigators chair. Smiling, she turned her comm unit on and waited for signal to leave.

Escape: "Alright Control....this is Escape and we're awaiting clearance."
Control: "One minute and you'll have clearance."

A minute or so passed as Xazor sat there. She looked over at Natia.....who appeared a bit nervous still. The Knight smiled and then heard the Clearance Code pass over the comm.

Control: "Clearance granted, Mrs. Magus...have a safe flight."
Escape: "Thank you...."

With access granted to leave, Xazor taxied the ship around to face the bay doors...and then pressed down hard on the joystick in front of her. With that, they darted forward and exited the docking bay in the blink of an eye. The Knight held down on the joystick as the ship quickly climbed upwards....fighting against the gravity of Arcan.

BOOM!

BOOM!

Two loud sonic booms could be heard echoing throughout the land as they broke the sound barrier.....and then exited the gravitational field of Arcan. Smiling, Xazor looked over at Natia once again....wondering if she was afraid of the flight. The Knight was not flying like she usually did.....for she did not wish to frighten the little girl more than she probably already was.....for today would change her life forever.....

"How are you doing sweetheart?"

She questioned gently, her eyes looking ahead of her as she pressed a button and they entered hyperspace. The stars around them turned to streaks all around as they blasted off. Xazor entered the coordinates for Delush....and then sat back, allowing auto-pilot to kick in.....

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jul 29th, 2002, 10:16:48 AM
*Natia continues to be nervous as the ship enters hyperspace, but after that, she is no longer visibly nervous*

I'm doing alright Mother. And yourself??

*Natia looks out the cockpit viewport, out at the hyperspace surronding them*

It's been quite some time since I was last in hyperspace.

*Natia smiles slightly*

I was just a panicky little kid who was afraid of everything, including her own shadow.

*Natia smiles a bit bigger and then stops smiling, as the fear that has been descending on her, finally hits home, but she keeps a cheerful look on her face as she blinks her eyes and continues looking out at hyperspace*

Xazor Elessar
Jul 29th, 2002, 12:31:46 PM
Xazor smiled gently as she eyed Natia for a moment.

"I am doing well....and I am glad that you decided to come on this trip.....it's very important and it shouldn't take long to get there either."

The Knight looked out the window at the streaks that were stars and planets. It was amazing to her to think of how fast they were travelling. It was enough to make a person nervous....but not her......for she had been flying for most of her life. Smiling, she looked back at her daughter.

"When we get to Delush, stay close to me and be mindful of all around you....it's a busy place, a lot like Coruscant....."

She said softly, thinking about the times she had visited Coruscant....a beautiful place it was.....but so very busy and loud. She would never forget the noise level that it brought to her ears. Sighing, she looked out the window once again......waiting for the signal on the computer board that they would be there soon....

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jul 30th, 2002, 10:19:08 AM
*Natia smiles slightly*

Mother, what is Coruscant like?? I've never been there before. I've heard that the whole planet is covered in buildings and there is no ground to be played on or rivers to play in anymore. Is this true??

*Natia is obviously trying to hide something that is bothering her, but she's not wanting to talk about what is bothering her so she is trying to talk about something else*

Xazor Elessar
Jul 30th, 2002, 03:18:48 PM
Xazor nodded slightly and looked at her daughter. She could sense a change in air around the little girl and she knew that something was bothering her...even if she did not say that there was.

"Yes young one...Coruscant is covered in buildings and multi-level road ways. It is very busy and there are not rivers and things to play in anymore...that is what Delush has become...except there are more suburban slums than on Coruscant. That is why you must stay close to me...I want nothing to happen to you...and if something does...the one who did it will pay."

Xazor said softly and then the ship suddenly kicked out of hyperspace. They came to a slower speed and they could see the looming planet of Delush up ahead. Xazor had packed a whole bag of credits to pay for the surgery that lay ahead of Natia.

"Young one...what is bothering you? You can tell me...."

She said softly as she took over the controls and began the descent into the atmosphere of Delush. It was hazy and cloud filled...much like Coruscant had been on several trips she took there. But the cities that covered the planet were beautiful....unless you looked too closely....

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jul 31st, 2002, 10:43:58 AM
*Natia listens to her Mother answer her questions. And then they came out of hyperspace. Upon exiting, her Mother asked her a question. She puts a smile on her face and looks at her Mother*

It's nothing Mom. Just nervous at being away from the Academy, that's all.

*Natia truly hopes her Mother will believe this since it is at least partially true. She then focuses her attention on the planet that they are approaching*

Xazor Elessar
Jul 31st, 2002, 01:38:21 PM
Xazor smiled at Natia and nodded with understanding. It was her first time begin away from the Academy in some time.....she had good reason to be nervous. Xazor remembered her first trip with her Master....her Father.....she too had been nervous but being with him put her at ease.

As thoughts encircled her mind, the ship continued descending until the large city below them was visible. They came in fast and Xazor made a perfect landing right in the Shuttle Bay....dock number four. She remembered this place now....and they shouldn't have too many problems finding their way out. The Knight pressed a button and began the cooling sequence, then pressed another and the hatch hissed open.

Hopping out, she walked over to the other side and helped Natia out of her place high inside the craft. Then walking around the back, she opened the cargo hatch and took out a few things.....one, a large bag filled with credits for the procedure. A smile crossed her lips as she slung her's and Natia's bags across her back, then motioned for Natia to follow closely, Xazor walking a bit behind the girl to keep an eye on all around them.

"We'll catch a speeder to where we need to go....."

She said softly as they passed through a large door. To their right, a beggar laid on the ground. His clothes were ratty and torn, dirt seemed to lay in every crevise of his body. His beard had old bits of rotting food and above all.......he smelled so very appauling. The Knight winced, but went over to him, holding Natia back a bit.....and she opened the money bag, then handed him some credits.

"Take care of yourself, sir......"

She said softly and gently patted him on the shoulder. People stopped and stared, but the Garou Knight shooed them away, smiling down upon the homeless man. He looked so shocked.....but so grateful. Xazor rose from her crouched position and placed a hand on Natia's shoulder, leading her out of the Shuttle Bay.....

imported_Natia Telcontar
Aug 1st, 2002, 09:31:09 AM
*Natia walks silently with her Mother as they head out of the docking bay. She's internally cursing her crutches which are as always, being a huge pain to her. As they exit, she keeps a very watchful eye out on everything that is going on and she, almost on instinct, reaches out with the Force to draw some shadows towards her, hiding herself from most ppl, but still allowing her Mother to still see her*

Mother, how far is it??

*Natia questions her Mother quietly, even though there are lots of ppl around*

Xazor Elessar
Aug 1st, 2002, 09:50:59 AM
Xazor smiled as they walked out into the sunshine of the day. The large Bay doors behind them shut, blowing a bit of dusty wind at their feet. Silently, the pair approached a long line of speeders. They were occupied with drivers that yelled things to the public...and the public yelled back to them. Mostly it was directions and things of the such.....but Xazor found some of the loud conversation interesting. Smiling slightly, she walked over to a handsome young man, who remained quiet throughout the whole yelling ordeal of everyone else. He told her to get in and he'd take her wherever she wanted, for half price nonetheless! The Knight loaded her things and helped Natia in.

"Not far now!"

She called out to her daughter and then handed the driver some directions to the clinic run by Gronk and a few other droids. A smile crossed her lips as they zoomed off down the air streets...winding and turning around buildings that touched the sky. The inner city lights were on all the time and it was quite a display in itself. It was not very far from the Shuttle Bay...and soon the driver was pulling the speeder up in front of Gronk's.

"Thank you very much..."

She said as she handed him enough credits to pay for the trip. She helped Natia out with their bags and then walked up to the door...The Knight stopped for a second, and then opened it slowly, allowing Natia to walk in first.....

imported_Natia Telcontar
Aug 1st, 2002, 10:02:02 AM
*Natia is very grateful that she doesn't have to walk all the way. She says nothing while they are in the speeder and is happy for the bit help that her Mother is giving her. As they reach there destination and her Mother helps her out of the speeder, the two of them do head up to the doors. As her Mother opens the doors, she just stops and takes a step backwards, away from them, a look of pain coming to her face. She then mumbles quietly to herself, but still loud enough for her Mother to hear*

I can't. I can't do this. I can't go in there.

Xazor Elessar
Aug 1st, 2002, 01:27:14 PM
Xazor looked down at Natia, a bit of question in her eyes. Concern lined her features. The Knight knelt down to one knee and gently cupped Natia's face in her hand.

"My sweet daughter....this is the opportunity of a life time. It won't hurt at all....you'll sleep soundly through the whole procedure and you won't feel a thing. And after the procedure, you won't be sore...but you will need to learn how to walk without your crutches. I have a surprise for you when you're all done. It is something that will help you accomplish a dream that you once told me that you had...."

She said softly, hoping that Natia will go through with it. The Knight rose to her feet and opened the door once again, motioning for the little girl to go in with her.

"I'll hold your hand through the whole thing...I promise..."

The Garou Knight said softly, looking down into Natia's eyes. She hoped that the little girl would reconsider. She knew it was not easy to calm nerves before such a thing....but she hoped she would try....

imported_Natia Telcontar
Aug 2nd, 2002, 08:46:01 AM
Mother, you don't understand. I want to go through with this, but, I can't go in there. I mean, I want to and all, but.....

*Natia's voice trails off as she looks at the open door knowing that if she is ever going to accomplish this, she will have to go through the doors. Then she can prove to everybody that she can go through major procedures. With a look up to her Mother, she sets a determined look on her face knowing that unless her Mother knows that whole story, she won't understand, she slowly starts hobbling towards the door and then through*

Xazor Elessar
Aug 2nd, 2002, 09:03:24 AM
Xazor did not understand what Natia meant by her words. She was even more confused by the actions of the little girl. One moment she was backing away from the door...the next, she was hobbling right through it. The Jedi Knight sighed to herself and follwed her Daughter in, then shut the door behind them. It was cold inside...but it was a relief from the heat of the city beyond the doors. The room they now stood in was clean and well kept with white walls, a few tables, and some cots. Xazor knew this was not the full of the office, but she knew this is where the procedure would take place.

Walking further into the room, she looked about and did not see anyone...much like the time when she had been here for the procedure that reattached her left arm....flawlessly. No scars remained or any sign that it had been done...just...memories. The Knight walked over to another door and peeked through to see nothing, and then returned to Natia's side and decided to speak...hoping that someone was there.

"Greetings, I am looking for Gronk.......Elessar sent me......"

She took out the large money sack from her back and held it in her hands, prepared to pay greatly for this operation. Xazor hoped that Gronk had heard her...and she hoped that she would not have to explain Natia's condition too much. Gronk was efficient and would do well, she knew it...she just hoped that Natia would be more at ease now....

imported_Natia Telcontar
Aug 2nd, 2002, 09:13:42 AM
*Natia looked around the office, her hands, white knuckled holding her crutches though there is a spark of hope in her ice blue eyes. Hope that she may finally be a proper kid again. Hope that both her back and her legs will work properly, or at least as close to proper as possible after all this time. She then looks up at her Mother and in a quiet voice asks*

Mother, when this is over, will I be able to run and be a proper kid?? Will I be able to actually play with the other kids instead of just watching them play?? I was able to play with other kids properly once before, but it was after I had a piece of metal put into my ankles so I could move around again and before I got beaten up, almost killed.

*Natia truly hopes that she can at least play with other kids after this is done*

Xazor Elessar
Aug 2nd, 2002, 09:17:01 AM
Xazor nodded gently and hushed Natia with a little wave of her hands. She did not want to be completely noticeable while there, she wanted Gronk to find them and be in a good mood.

"Yes young one, you'll be able to run and play. It'll be wonderful, Natia...you won't need your crutches ever again!"

The Knight said in an excited whisper, wondering when Gronk would come out and find them. She smiled and stood upright again, waiting for him.....

ooc: I was just waiting for him to post, k? :)

Smeagol the Jedi
Aug 3rd, 2002, 12:32:29 AM
From a side door, a squat and square droid stomped out. Built like a power supply droid, which it began it's designated time span as, it had gained a memory and even more than that, learned medicine. it had developed to such a level that all of it's clients paid huge sums of money, for this droid could fix almost anything. As it was not a designated medical droid, it's trade was illegal, which suited it well - the ones coming past were usually illegals who wanted medical attention. Not that Gronk cared, all it wanted was credits and hell of a lot of them.

And it certainly had a lot now. Quite an idependantly wealthy mechanical and the half partner of Anasta Medical Supplies, formed with a shadowy human who also had an incredible talent of healing.

It stood there going through it's memory banks....

"Ahhh, Biological Designate Xazor Dawnstrider. Memory of you I have. Desinate Elessar memory of I have as well. Who is biological undesignated with you? Show me credits before we go further"

Xazor Elessar
Aug 3rd, 2002, 12:46:23 AM
Xazor smiled as she saw Gronk come out of a side door. Walking over to the droid, she bowed and then handed him a large bag of Credits....enough to pay for at least two of the surgeries.

"Yes, Gronk...here is your money. And this is my Daughter, Natia. She is the one for whom the procedure is for...."

The Knight said softly, motioning for the little girl to come to her side. It was not easy for her to get around with the crutches...but Xazor hoped that soon Gronk could fix Natia's legs and back and she would be able to run, walk, and play like a normal child did....

imported_Natia Telcontar
Aug 3rd, 2002, 08:17:01 AM
*Natia decides to keep herself quiet while her Mother is talking to the droid, Gronk. When her Mother asks her to come over to her, she does so slowly. When she is beside her Mother, she looks Gronk over and still says nothing, not really knowing what to say right now*