PDA

View Full Version : A question about the Jedi Groups.

Miryan no Trunks
Jul 26th, 2002, 03:10:16 PM
To my knowledge, the only recognized Jedi group is GJO. Is this correct? Or would Nolan Darklighter be accurate in calling himself a Jedi Master, and me a fool for not recognizing that fact.

Just curious cause he's only been around SWfans for a few days, and in honesty, he talks like a noob.

Oh right, a link. Guess I should give one of those.

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21168

Admiral Lebron
Jul 26th, 2002, 03:18:56 PM
None that I've heard of. . .

Morgan Evanar
Jul 26th, 2002, 03:24:42 PM
Uhh huh...

No, there currently is no other Jedi group other than GJO right now.

AmazonBabe
Jul 26th, 2002, 04:37:04 PM
Yeah, what he... :: Points to Morg :: ...said.

Xazor Elessar
Jul 26th, 2002, 06:01:31 PM
Yeah, there is no other Jedi group that I know of.....the other d00ds here are right. :D

Jedi Master Leia Solo
Jul 26th, 2002, 07:00:51 PM
GJO is the only Jedi Order here at SWFanNet and he is not a member and most certainly not a Jedi Master.

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 26th, 2002, 07:03:26 PM
He is not a Jedi Master.

Loki Ahmrah
Jul 26th, 2002, 07:09:13 PM
I hate these situations with newcomers - please let's not use the ugly term "noob". Such circumstances have to be treated so delicately. When all of us "gang up" on him and say he isn't what he claims his character is it might freak the poor guy out and make him feel really uncomfortable around this place. Thus the place loses a member.

Of course the law has to be put down and whatnot but I do propose that for the future these matters are dealt with more delicately - a new system for dealing with newcomers perhaps.

Sith Ahnk
Jul 26th, 2002, 08:06:51 PM
Agreed

Morgan Evanar
Jul 26th, 2002, 08:07:25 PM
Supposedly, one such thing exists after I treated someone too "directly".

Jedi Master Leia Solo
Jul 26th, 2002, 09:14:07 PM
If I came across blunt. I did not mean too.:( I was just stating facts. Sorry

I always welcome new posters and rightfully so they should be welcomed with open arms.

(tries to be PC)

imported_Lance Stormrider
Jul 26th, 2002, 09:48:42 PM
Lol that guy's rude look at the way he spoke to Miryan dude

Xazor Elessar
Jul 26th, 2002, 10:46:30 PM
I agree with Lance....but still, we should be the bigger person/people so to speak, and welcome him nicely....but explain the situations and whatnot of his character. One cannot just walk in proclaiming to be a Master.....everyone has to start off from the bottom.....

Miryan no Trunks
Jul 27th, 2002, 01:36:15 AM
Admittedly, I was fairly annoyed when posting this thread =/ which is why I called him a noob. Thing is, I Did try to be fairly civil about it, when he first posted. It was afterwards that he decided to mouth me off. Maybe I'm not PC about it personally, but the only people I've ever met online who act like that, Have been the power hungry newbies who feel that they should be top of the game right away. And I'm personally of the belief that you shouldn't waste niceties on those who won't use them with you..

The Golden Rule's great when you're dealing with others that follow it..

Nolan Darklighter
Jul 27th, 2002, 07:09:05 PM
Here it goes... I will try to say a few things before I retire myself.

1. Miyran, you need to stop whining when people threaten your status. You specificly mentioned that Nemesis was be stereotypical with you. YOU ARE A SITH! Sith are ruthless, unjust, haters who are on a mission to take over the galaxy. You need to stick true to Star Wars pal. I also think that everyone gets scared when their rank gets threaned around here. Your rank shouden't make you, alot of Jedi Masters may not be as good has some Sith Apprentices when it comes to RP skills. I thought a few of you might be a little polite around here, a few were, a few were not. I found out even though I am a Jedi Master on another site, it doesn't count here. I would have fixed things, but Miyran got upset and posted a useless thread. He wasn't trying to see if any other Jedi groups were out their, he was mocking me. So I guess you are the noob, Miyran. I say all of this with uttermost respect to all of the moderaters. I just things get better. Peace.

Morgan Evanar
Jul 27th, 2002, 07:56:14 PM
First: I reccomend you calm down and get a little perspective here. You are new, we don't know you, and you've already made an enemy out of a fairly established poster.

Second: You didn't read the FAQ, which would have saved you a lot of headaches.

Third: I think its really good forum etiquet to lurk for about a week and figure out a little of the goings-on of a place. Thats just my little personal take on things, but it's served me very well.

Forth: MnT got a little taken aback simply because you didn't bother to do the above things. Maybe he was having a bad day or something. It happens, but he is right, if un-PC: you're a n00b here.

You need to stick true to Star Wars pal
And you need to lurk first before passing judgement.

I also think that everyone gets scared when their rank gets threaned around here. Your rank shouden't make you, alot of Jedi Masters may not be as good has some Sith Apprentices when it comes to RP skills

Which is pretty damned irrelevant. Writing != RP skill.

Please, take a bit of time to toss out your preconcived notions and lurk for a little while.

Chase Starwalker
Jul 28th, 2002, 12:09:57 AM
What Morgan said. Exactly.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 28th, 2002, 02:36:10 AM
Sith are ruthless, unjust, haters who are on a mission to take over the galaxy.

That's a total LOAD. If everyone was the same type of Sith or Jedi it would be soooo boring here. The point is to be creative, that's the point of a roleplaying/writing forum.

Sanis Prent
Jul 28th, 2002, 03:01:01 AM
Agreed...there are so many ways to play good and evil...and even when restricted in the terms of Jedi and Sith, you can still take it in a myriad of angles.

imported_Lance Stormrider
Jul 28th, 2002, 05:33:26 PM
True.

Liam Deralis
Jul 28th, 2002, 05:59:11 PM
True...

I just felt the need to follow suit, feels like a Budweiser commercial.

Kinzoku Tsuchi
Jul 28th, 2002, 06:10:37 PM
Yeah, if all the Jedi's were like, I dunno, Obiwan in TPM, then we have a pretty crappy board here, especailly if all the Sith where like Darth Maul or vader!

Variety is the spice of life!

Gabran Darkysa
Jul 28th, 2002, 08:47:14 PM
Sith are ruthless, unjust, haters who are on a mission to take over the galaxy. You need to stick true to Star Wars pal.

That would be very boring and routine if the RP did not allow personal creative license and forced all Sith into a one-dimensional mould.

I also think that everyone gets scared when their rank gets threaned around here. Your rank shouden't make you, alot of Jedi Masters may not be as good has some Sith Apprentices when it comes to RP skills.

That is a load, truly is! The ranking system of the Sith and Jedi groups is very honest and fair. Requiring development, time, and growth of their characters. Miryan earned his rank. Everyone has their own styles and everyone is equally skilled. Before casting judgement, lurk here awhile and watch.

Miryan no Trunks
Jul 29th, 2002, 12:23:43 AM
Nolan, the rest of your bias I can deal with. You don't know our universe, and you haven't been around long enough to see how it works.

What pisses me off is:

1:
I found out even though I am a Jedi Master on another site, it doesn't count here. I would have fixed things, but Miyran got upset and posted a useless thread. He wasn't trying to see if any other Jedi groups were out their, he was mocking me. So I guess you are the noob, Miyran.

You Did find that out. I Said that Here.

Oh, And, Nolan, I'm curious how long you've been around the SWFans RP's, cause you're not a member of GJO, I don't know of any Other Jedi groups, and you're claiming to be a Master. They don't just hand out those titles at the front door, you know..

It was your Reply to that, that caused me to Post this thread.

2: Who are you to say what the intention of this thread was? Perhaps You post threads for the single purpose of mocking others, I don't know, but I for one do not. That Would be stupid and useless.

I Posted this thread because I Have been around for over 2 years. I figured that if there Was another Jedi group that I, in my time on the forums, hadn't heard of, it was about time for me to learn of their presence.

And Morgan, no, he Hasn't made an enemy. He's just ticked me off temporarily. When he calms down and tries to work towards fixing this fairly minute(sp?) problem, I'll have no beef with him whatsoever..

... and actually, I'd been having a really Good day, which is why when this all happened, it really put a sour twist on my mood ¡^_^

Oh yes, and come to think of it..
Miyran, you need to stop whining when people threaten your status. You specificly mentioned that Nemesis was be stereotypical with you.

What's with this? I never called myself a Master, I never said I'm better than you cause of my rank, I never brought up my Rank at All.. And when I mentioned Nemesis being Sterotypical, it was In Character. It wasn't Me Whining, it was my Character getting annoyed at being accused of just Being a stereotypical Sith, because he's rather far From it...